Start by marking “Business Model You: A One-Page Method for Reinventing Your Career” as Want to Read:
Business Model You: A One-Page Method for Reinventing Your Career

Business Model You: A One-Page Method for Reinventing Your Career

A one-page tool to reinvent yourself and your career The global bestseller Business Model Generation introduced a unique visual way to summarize and creatively brainstorm any business or product idea on a single sheet of paper. Business Model You uses the same powerful one-page tool to teach readers how to draw "personal business models," which reveal new ways their skills ...more
Published March 27th 2012 by Wiley (first published January 1st 2012)

Joseph McBee
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It is thought-provoking, refreshing, and powerful, although at times it felt a little like trying to get a drink of water from a fire hose.

This book really has the potential to be a game-changer in the lives of individuals looking for a fresh start in their current career or are looking for something brand new.

Here are my suggestions for reading this book:

1. Get a journal and set of colored pens.
2. Read the book slowly and complete every exercise.
3. Have fun!
4. Repeat.

Robson Castilho
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is a great help if you're thinking about changing your career.
Definitely, read it!
Mahshid Parchami
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pdf
کتاب بیزینس مدل شخصی؛ کتاب جالبی بود. به انگلیسی خوندم نمیدونم ترجمه داره یا نه. اول بیزینس مدل رو توضیح داده بعد اون رو درباره کار و زندگی شخص گسترش داده. با مثال های زیاد درباره زندگی افراد با شغل های مختلف. برای پیدا کردن هدف شغلی و درک استعداد و علاقه شخصی تمرینات زیادی داره. پر از شکل و نمودار و خطوط هایلایت شده است و به انگلیسی خوندنش آسونه. برای برنامه ریزی و بازنگری در زندگی جالبه.
Bill Seitz
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm a big believer in the Lean Startup Canvas, which descended from the Business Model Canvas, as a way to summarize and challenge a business model.

This book takes the Canvas idea and applies it to the "business" of your day-job (or freelance work, etc.).

This big middle section doesn't have anything to do with the Business Model Canvas, instead using a variety of unrelated career-assessment tools to increase your self-knowledge. But that's bracketed by the Canvas thinking, which I think grounds
Cristina Basílio
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
" Business Model You - A One-page Method for reinventing your career, by Tim Clark

I'm reaching that age that we start wondering " what if...". That'st why I'm reallly enjoying reading this book. It's a kind of a dream planner. You look inside you and try to truly search for your deepest goals and values.
The book incitates you to replace career uncertainty with career confidence by optimizing your potential in a new idea: you can also think yourself as a business model. Revisit your life directio
Amanda
Sep 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Business Model You breaks down a basic organizational business model into its component parts, walking the reader through a step-by-step inventory of their own skills and values provided. The goal is to help each individual identify and maximize what they do best, how they do it best, and how to best communicate to those "customers" they want to reach. The book can be applicable to those who are job-seeking or looking to start their own businesses.
Bülent Duagi
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Easy to read, practical tips & exercises.
Duong Tan
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
BMC is an awesome framework. BMC for personal use is a great intepretation. Really great.
The book is usefull for anyone, especially career consultants and individual coaches.
Ahmad
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
کتابی بسیار ساده است. چیز زیادی از آن یاد نگرفتم.
Peter
Jan 16, 2014 added it
The book is a spin off of Business Model Generation and applies the Business Model Canvas to personal development.
In context of this a number of other common self assessment and reflection techniques are introduced.
All in all the book provides a useful approach to reflection and personal development - albeit nothing radically new.

It certainly helped me to adjust my fokus and this is a good thing.
Paul Boos
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, but it wasn't as informative as Business Model Generation. It does present some great viewpoints on value from an individual perspective so that one can have a better 'story' to tell. I'll probably update this review after I try out a few of the techniques and create my canvas.
Erik
Oct 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Not nearly as good as its predecessor, Business Model Generation, this stalwart of the personal business model movement is full of exercises intended to help you understand your own personal brand and business model. I found the exercises intriguing but ultimately did not learn too much.
Tony
Feb 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Not as good as the business model generation
Holger Matthies
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Non-business people looking for inspiration
This book does everything right, yet you may not get what you are looking for:

The good thing first: it teaches you how to think about a seemingly indivisible problem (your purpose/career) in a structured way using models. This enables you to look closely at parts to improve the whole, or at the whole to see what parts need to change. That's a great skill, and something not taught in many schools. Business people will be familiar with this thinking, other people will benefit greatly from this. Th
Kotryna
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book develops the idea of the Business Model Canvas (BMC)* to a more personal level. Through simple theory and relatable case studies, authors managed to explain how to use a business model canvas as a personal (career) model canvas. It is aimed at the professionals who aim for growth or reinvention both in an organization or in freelancing.

I am a freelancer myself with no management background, so this book finally managed to explain to me how I could apply the BMC to my own professional
Alana
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: career, non-fiction
Based on the title, I expected this book to be a lot of jargon about marketing, branding, and selling yourself. What I got was much better. The book describes how to use the framework of a business model to create a one page summary of how you see your career with an emphasis on describing the (non-monetary) value that you provide with your career. It contains lots of useful exercises to help you think about your background, interests, skills, personality traits, and values with the goal of crea ...more
A.Baset LaliSani
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
کتاب خلق مدل کسب و کار از همین تیم نویسندگان یک اثر حرفه ای، نسبتا انقلابی و کاملا اثرگذار و مفید برای هر شخصی به حساب میومد. چه صاحبان کسب و کار و چه کارمندان، از خوندن اون کتاب ارزشمند لذت میبرند

اما در مورد این کتاب داستان اندکی متفاوت است

من بدون هیچ پرس و جویی و براساس تجربه شیرین کتاب قبلی این تیم، این کتاب رو خریداری کردم اما به غیر از چند فصل که حدود سی درصد کتاب رو شامل میشه، مطالب باقی صفحات در حد کتابهای خودشناسی موجود در بازار تنزل پیدا کرد. این تنزل کیفیت از همچین تیم نویسندگانی انتظ
Alison
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this paradigm of one page business modeling, but in spite of having purchased the accompanying iPad app and attending a workshop that was largely about implementing the business model canvas for analysing a variety of projects, I really haven't had much luck using this for myself, or (looking at it again this year) getting my business off the ground.
Noha Basiouny
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: work-related
So a couple of days before I started reading that book, I heard the term "best practice" for the first time and learnt that it means the most effective procedure.

This book is the best practice of all the other theories about self discovery and career reinvention.
coolwind
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very practical book for everybody to draw a roadmap to the future. It can be especially useful for young people who are still in school or one who feels stuck in a job not interesting at all. It is also useful to me.
Nicholas Vossburg
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Practical guide to BMG for individuals

Useful, simple, and easy to understand guide to implementing business model generation methods for career and life guidance. Additional benefit from several exercises to help the reader develop answers to burning questions.
James Swanson
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that is simple in it's process but can have a huge impact on how well you understand your business. I'm still working on mine.
خلود
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
كتاب رائع ؛ يحول نموذج العمل التجاري إلى نموذج العمل الشخصي ! يعرفك على نفسك و ما هي الوظيفة المناسبة لك و هل أنت في المكان الصحيح فعلاً !

استمتعت بقرائته و بكل التمارين العملية الموجودة فيه !

Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love using this book to think about designing my next employment opportunities.
Alina Malina
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book, well-written. Perfect if you are just starting working on your business model and need some hep with systematic approach
Bassel
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve been reading this book since n order to find new perspective to relaunch my career. The book gives some good ideas. I would give it a second read later on this year.
Victor
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good insights on how to make yourself useful. But the audiobook is impossible to follow!
Ietrio
Nov 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: junk
A one page method spread on over 250 pages. And it's not a folded poster either.
Ayham
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
كتاب مميز وتفاعلي جدا، يأخذك بخطوات منطقية وصولا الى نموذج العمل الخاص بك وذلك
في صفحة واحدة مكونة من تسع خانات.
قبل البدء ضع في الحسبان كثرة التمارين المطلوبة.
David Abiani
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gives you a holistic 360 degree tool to assess your business idea and optimise it on the go. Amazing for tech ideas in the 21st century. Don’t miss it.
  • Visual Meetings: How Graphics, Sticky Notes & Idea Mapping Can Transform Group Productivity
  • Designing for Growth: A Design Thinking Tool Kit for Managers
  • Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want
  • Blah Blah Blah: What To Do When Words Don't Work
  • Do More Great Work: Stop the Busywork. Start the Work That Matters.
  • The Art of Explanation - Making Your Ideas, Products and Services Easier to Understand
  • Start with No: The Negotiating Tools That the Pros Don't Want You to Know
  • Design Driven Innovation: Changing the Rules of Competition by Radically Innovating What Things Mean
  • Gamestorming: A Playbook for Innovators, Rule-breakers, and Changemakers
  • The Startup Owner's Manual: The Step-By-Step Guide for Building a Great Company
  • Start Your Own Business: The Only Book You'll Ever Need
  • How to Write a KILLER LinkedIn Profile...and 18 Mistakes to Avoid
  • The Entrepreneur's Guide to Customer Development: A Cheat Sheet to the Four Steps to the Epiphany
  • 101 Things I Learned in Business School
  • The Naked Presenter: Delivering Powerful Presentations with or Without Slides
  • Presentation Secrets: Do What You Never Thought Possible with Your Presentations
  • Duct Tape Marketing: The World's Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide
  • The Power of Intuition: How to Use Your Gut Feelings to Make Better Decisions at Work
Dr. Timothy Clark is an entrepreneur, NEXT-certified entrepreneurship trainer, teacher, and author who leads the global personal business model movement. After selling his startup to a NASDAQ-listed entity in a multi-million-dollar transaction, Tim completed doctoral research in international business model portability and authored or edited five books on entrepreneurship, business models, and per ...more
“Dream jobs are more often created than found , so they’re rarely attainable through conventional searches. Creating one requires strong self-knowledge.” 3 likes
“it's amazing how many professional possibilities appear when you use value and purpose - rather than skills - as starting point for reinventing your career” 1 likes