Start by marking “Grimoire of Aleister Crowley” as Want to Read:
Grimoire of Aleister Crowley

Grimoire of Aleister Crowley

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Group ritual has been a cornerstone of spiritual practice since time immemorial, yet its history and importance have often been overlooked by occultists of the modern age. This book is the first comprehensive presentation of group-oriented rites for modern magicians inspired by the works of Aleister Crowley. It contains rituals written by Crowley for his own magic circles, ...more
Published August 12th 2011 by Abrahadabra Press (first published July 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Grimoire of Aleister Crowley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grimoire of Aleister Crowley

Ruth Duncan
Sep 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I am not a member of the OTO but am very interested in knowing more about Thelema. I bought this book because I wanted to know more about and have a greater understanding of these beautiful rituals. Having read and greatly enjoyed the first Rodney Orpheus book, Abrahadabra, this was an easy purchase for me.
Brian Breathnach
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: thelemites
Book Review: The Grimoire Of Aleister Crowley
by Rodney Orpheus
(HB, 297 pages) Abrahadabra Press, 2011

I recently bought a book that was more of a manual for group work than an act of intellect. This book was The Grimoire of Aleister Crowley by Rodney Orpheus. This is the second book I have read by Orpheus, the first being Abrahadabra, which is a primer on thelema with much more emphasis on the individual work.
Before looking at the content of the book, I would like to reflect on the physical book
Paulie Barber
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: always-ref
I own the hard cover edition since 2013 and I can say that this book has been very useful. I especially like the chapter on L.I.L. Lamp of the Invisible Light because there is not much written about that period of Crowleys life. Also The Mass of Babalon is within these pages. Whether if you are in the O.T.O. or not this book is for the Thelelmite. The format is very inviting and easy to follow. If you are new to Thelema or a seasoned vet, this book has something for you. I highly recommend it.
Sal Coraccio
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tarot
For those that don’t know, a grimoire is a textbook of magic – not the saw the pretty lady in half kind of magic but more of the ritual Magic; the robes, candles, blood and incantations kind. Of course, there’s more to it – and this book throws a ray of light into all that.

And, I'd like to point out that this is not a "book of spells" - it is a book of ritual. IF you want to think of spells as analogous to prayer, then the rituals in this book are similar to what you'd see in most churches on Su
Steve Cran
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well I do not know if I would call this a grimoire per se of Aleister Crowley. A magician like that most likely had several grimoires. None the less if you bought the book you will probably still get a lot out it. After all you will now have a copy of his rituals. The rituals have been modified for group use and they are of the thelemic rituals. Of course Crowley himself modified his own rituals and this guy has enough experience so you know that what you are getting is something real and not fa ...more
Lavender Sivler-Haired
Informative

This is a good source of information and Aliester Crowley's magick ritual. I read this book for research, and was not disappointed.
Paul
Sep 18, 2018
Bryce Combs
Jan 29, 2013
Grimoire of Aleister Crowley 1 3 Dec 01, 2011 07:29AM
Rodney Orpheus is an Irish musician, record producer, author, and technology designer. He is best known for his work with his band The Cassandra Complex and his books Abrahadabra and Grimoire of Aleister Crowley.