Start by marking “The Thief's Mistress” as Want to Read:
The Thief's Mistress

The Thief's Mistress

A prince of thieves. A passionate maiden. A love so powerful it became alegend.

It was a time of magic and miracles, when warriors battled for a lady's handand troubadours sang songs of love...

She was passing through Sherwood Forest when the bandits struck, robbing herparty of all they possessed. But from Marian, the rogue Robin stole only akiss. Burning with rageand desire

Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Published August 2nd 1996 by Random House Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about The Thief's Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thief's Mistress

Laure Estep
Nov 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: robin-hood
I had read some interesting reviews of this book before picking it up. Some compared it in tone to my beloved BBC tv show, and I can see some of that in the triangle between Robin, Marian and Guy. There was also some controversy since it does break a few cardinal conventions of historical romance novels. Overall, it works, and I can see why the author chose certain plot points, but I can also see why at least a couple scenes would rub some readers the wrong way.

Feyrer's Marian is one of the b
Lemon
Jan 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book is not romance, and it should not be included in that category; this book is an abomination and a spit on it. I'd like to say it was somewhat worth it but I wasted my time on this crap. I read Mrs. Yves's Heart of Deception and Heart of Night and they were an inspiration, true romance. Here I am with my hopes high for her next book and I wish I had taken a website which had a review's on this crap’s caution.

description

This book is not recommended for everyone, if you love romance and heartwarmin
Nicole Trainor
I read this book years and years ago, forgot the title, and then spent the time since trying to track it down. This retelling of the Robin Hood myth turns the tradional romance novel upside down. This is my favorite vision of Maid Marion: smart, competant, strong, skillful. She is pursued by both Robin Hood (the weakest character in the book) and Sir Guy of Guisborne (who is a fantastic foil to Robin) and is a wonderful change to women who wait around for the men to do something, or mope about w ...more
Aviva
Apr 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Geoff
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: rh-fiction
Gayle Feyrer’s The Thief’s Mistress opens with the protagonist Lady Marian of Norford springing a trap and killing three men responsible for the death of her family. Yes, Marian is, as characters frequently state in this novel, an amazon. In addition to martial prowess with bow and sword, Marian is a spy in the service of Queen Eleanor.

And high politics/court intrigue is the ever present backdrop to the story of the love triangle between Marian, Robin and Guisbourne. The martial Marian is certai
geekturnedvamp
Jun 16, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This is an unusual retelling of Robin Hood which people tend to either love or hate. I disliked some aspects of the way the author envisions Marian, but the story features a triangle--and better yet, a triangle where the heroine actually sleeps with the villain/antihero more than once--and I loved how the author managed to make two very different lovers appealing to the woman at its center.

(If you happen to have a Robin Hood thing you should check out Jennifer Roberson's LADY OF THE FOREST and
Koxecho
Jan 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: england, legend, espionage
This was one of the most unusual romance novels I've read. I bought it beacuse I love re-imagined fairy tales/ legends. This is Robin Hood for adults.

Things I found odd or worth mentioning:
-There are two "heroes" and the heroine has feelings for both of them simultaneously. She has sex with both of them and is awkwardly inexperienced yet brazenly confident at the same time.
-There is WAYYY to much obscure vocabulary in the text. I don't mind looking up a word here or there but there were so many
Sherron
Oct 20, 2012
Rebecca
Dec 01, 2018
Yves Fey
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Priscamoi Adong
Kegel
May 29, 2010
Nik
Sep 14, 2018
Floats the Dark Shadow, my award-winning historical mystery, is set in Belle Époque Paris and features a young American artist, a French cop, assorted poets, courtesans, criminals, and a crazed serial killer.
Previously I wrote historical romance under my own name of Gayle Feyrer, and as Taylor Chase (books which I plan to release on Kindle in the near future). My sensibility in both genres is dar