Start by marking “Warrior (The Fallen, #3)” as Want to Read:
Warrior (The Fallen, #3)

Warrior

(The Fallen #3)

New York Times bestselling author Anne Stuart, writing as Kristina Douglas, offers the third novel in the Fallen series.

Michael, the warrior angel, is the fiercest of the Fallen, their staunchest defender. Never has he met a foe he could not defeat in combat…until the love of a mortal woman threatens to sway him from his greatest duty.
Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Published April 24th 2012 by Pocket Books

Blacky *Romance Addict*
This was great, definitely the best so far Photobucket

Although it was kinda weird to read about Michael in a sexual way (he's so damn hot and delicious) considering my grandma taught me prayers about him when I was little lol but I'm not little anymore Photobucket and I've developed a fondness for fallen angels Photobucket I even want Lucifer to have his story and a happy ending (if my grandma heard this I think she'd get a stroke Photobucket )

The story was great, it was tight paced, always something happening, maybe it's because
Wendy
Sep 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, pnr
Wow, this blew me away! It's a fun, witty, edgy and totally engrossing read. So far the best in the series, loved it!
Kelly
*4.5 stars*

This book made me realize how much I've missed PNR. A great addition to the series.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I probably would have rated this higher if I hadn't been so strung out from sleep deprivation and just feeling so tired and worn out this past weekend. I feel bad about that, because that's the reason why I hoard my favorite authors' books for when I am in a good/receptive mood. Even with my beloved books, I can set the bar high and being moody can interfere with my reading experience. I guess it seems silly to qualify a four star rating. But Anne Stuart/Kristina Douglas is probably one of the a ...more
Aditi
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Michael was a marvellous piece of work... Hot as fuck too. I can't get over him and Tory- ahhhh I love Tory, she can kick some serious Angels ass, and I loved her careless; tough attitude, she's strong; definitely a challenge for Michael, and I loved every part of their on and off drama and heated fucking.
Michael is stubborn as hell, he has his own judgment and doesn't let feelings 'weaken' him, which pissed me off at times because how the fuck can you deny someone you love? He loves her and kn
Booklover, Indianapolis
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
(June) Really more of a 3.5* book for me. I read several reviews that say this is the best of the three so far - for me, it was the least captivating. I'm not sure what was off exactly, but I just didn't feel like I got to know Tori and Michael very well. From what I read I liked them both - but I didn't feel the love between them, I guess. While I am used to Anne Stuart's abrupt endings, I felt this one was too abrupt for this book - fallout (or astonishment) about who the traitor was, or the n ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
**4.5 stars**

Archangel Michael, the warrior angel, has been celibate for 100 years and has not taken blood from anyone but the Source for 200 years. Now due to a prophecy, he must not only wed but bed and drink blood from a woman who is the Roman goddess of war reincarnated to help save his brethren and defeat Uriel.

Finally a book that doesn't have the outright meanness that the other books have had. While Michael is not exactly excited about being with Tory outwardly, inwardly he wants her ver
Cindy
4 1/4 stars.

While this is by far the best in this series so far, I don't feel like I can go much higher than this just because as good as it was, I was still able to put it down without much difficulty. I did read it in 2 sittings, it's just that I didn't feel that need to MUST READ RIGHT NOW.

All of that said, this is the Lover Awakened of this series. And from me, that is about as high of a compliment a book can get. Because Lover Awakened is my all time favorite PNR book. With no equal. This
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
Jul 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Fallen series is an interesting take on the theme of Fallen Angels, in this world the Fallen are the good guys trying to save themselves and humans from the Archangel Uriel and his Angels who a missing in action Creator has left in charge. Warrior the third instalment is the story of the archangel Michael and Victoria Bellona the human personification of the Roman Goddess of War.

I really like the mythology of this series and the pop culture humour in places( the interpretation of Hell as a 1
Nancy85
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: uno-challenge
This is the third book in The Fallen series. I enjoyed this as well as I did when I read the first book. I'm not big on romance books, but this series, hooked me in. I like how it is a re-telling of the fallen angels and their wives who used to be certain gods that are in human bodies. It takes them awhile to realize their own strengths and who they are, but one they know who they are, they can be unstoppable.
Ashley Wallace
Oh Michael!! I loved him and I have to say Tory is my favorite female character so far but I love them all. She was just so badass.

The surprise ending with Allie - OMG I totally squealed! I hope Rachel is soon to follow :)

I can't wait for Lucifer to be freed! I have a feeling I'm going to love him!

I can't wait for them to go after Uriel instead of them always coming to their home to fight.
valee
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Now this definitely made me love this series all over again. What an amazing and outstanding read. I loved everything about it. The best of the series so far.

VampireNovelFan
The series at its best

It looks like Kristina Douglas has finally hit her stride in The Fallen series. Warrior is the best yet. What a difference adding more plot and featuring a better romance dynamic can make.

Raziel and Azazel have settled and found happiness with their human mates, but now it's Michael's turn. He's the fiercest warrior of The Fallen, shying away from love as much as he possibly can, even to the point of only drinking blood from The Source to avoid a deeper connection to his
Rose
This is probably my favorite of the series so far. I will admit to being predisposed to liking anything Anne Stuart writes, and reading her paranormal series has definitely been interesting.

My main problem with this book (and the previous one) was the alternating first person/third person POV. It just seemed odd, and as it's not something I'm used to, I suppose it detracted from my reading experience. I'd really prefer to just have everything in third person, and found myself rereading (translat
Feminista
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 out of 5.

If you love paranormal romance with a mix of gamma heroes, then Kristina Douglas has the perfect series for you.

Michael is a fallen angel who has been celibate since his mate died years ago. Victoria (aka Tory) is the Roman goddess of war reincarnated. So basically there is this place that breeds goddess of war and on their 25th birthday, they are killed, if they aren't of use until then. Then the next goddess is bred.

Why are they killed at 25, you ask? Because goddesses have
Avi
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
What an improvement compared to the last two!
Michael was a much more tolerable hero in this book. Sure he was a bit of a jerk and a little dull, but a lot more nicer compared to Azazel or Raziel.
Victoria was a likeable heroine. I did find her whole "locked up in a castle my whole life whilst being trained as some sort of bad ass warrior" back story a little stupid, though. I kinda skipped through most of it because I thought it was ridiculous and unnecessary. Their banter was fun. I liked how t
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
This on was by far the best in the series so far.

Michael is dark and cold for most of the book & Tory learned all her social pop culture remarks from watching movies in her secluded life. She has no idea how to cook because she never has, but learned everything she knows about cooking gormet from Julia Chiles who happens to be the Messiest cook ever! Why she was used instead of Rachael Ray or others is beyond me, but whatever.

Tory was my favorite female character in the series & I also l
SaturNalia
The relationship and verbal banter between Michael and Tory was phenomenal. Michael needs to marry the goddess of war, Tory, to ensure that Uriel's army does not win. Tory believes she is human, she has been trained to fight and survive, isolated from humans. On their first meeting, of course, they dislike and mistrust each other. But as they are forced to live together, slowly attraction begins to grow and the sexual tension was delicious. A lot of action happened and new worlds were introduced ...more
Jackie
Sep 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
The series is finally coming into its full potential, Michael and Tory's story is hands down the most well developed and the best storyline with the best matched hero and heroine of the three books in the series. If only June 2012 were the release date for Rebel instead of 2013! I have a feeling Cain and Martha's tale is going to be full of surprises.
Sara
May 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Michael finally awakened! Tory you are sassy, loved this strong kick-ass character! Two warriors in a pod! My only objection was they needed to get it on more :)
Marianne
Loved Michael's line about the euphoria and great set up for future plot developments.
Melanie
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Review to come....
Lizzielvr
Aug 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Kristina Douglas aka Anne Stuart writes great anti-heros! I hate that I have to wait a year until the next one :P
Hbeebti
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another I read and reviewed deleted. Freaking hell this is annoying.
Ty McGuiness
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tory and Michael

i loved tory and michael's bickering although out the book. Tho i dont know which i liked better, Azazel or Michael, but in this case. this book did have more angst compared to the others. because in the others you could always assume confidently that everything will be alright in the end. here, i was kinda second guessing the ending.

the supposed "war" on the beach was a bit anti-climatic in my opinion but as tory/ michael said it will not be the last war that will be waged on t
Monikat
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
The reason that I gave this a 4/5 rating instead of a 5 is because I felt a disconnect in the relationship. It's one thing to hide feelings, it's another not to establish that they exist properly within the story.
As far as the HEA... too little too late (I felt). Otherwise, it was a great adventure and I'm loving this series.
Valentina
I'm barely 1/4 of the way done with this book and I'm so fuckin pissed I'm seeing red. What the fuck is wrong with these characters? Beg your fuckin pardon but Michael is an asshole of major proportions. I haven't come across such an unlikable hero in a long time but he seriously tops the charts for "Male leads who need a good beating before they go fuckin die in a dark corner". Seriously. I actually don't think I've ever been this pissed at a male character before. And whats with all the other ...more
Joti
Sep 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
iamGamz
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Harsh Alpha, Strong Female Lead, Paranormal, Lots of Violence, HEA,
4 “Archangel + Roman Goddess = L<3ve” Stars

The Archangel Michael has just learned from the seer that he is to marry, and his bride is the most recent incarnation of the Roman goddess of war. He must marry her because she will help the Fallen win the upcoming battle against God’s army. Michael has lived a solitary, celibate life for hundreds of years, and has no desire for a mate and is not happy. However, a
Texas Reader Stacy
Sep 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
There comes a time in every Angels life....

Every little girl imagines, now and then, that she's a princess held captive in a tower. But Victoria Bellona is almost twenty-five. And that whole fairy-tale scenario? That's her real life. The drop-dead gorgeous man who rescues her is no Prince Charming. He's the gruff archangel Michael, and he insists that Tory is the Fallen's only hope for ending Uriel's vicious rule. She insists he's crazy.

To show his brethren what he's made of....

According to the
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Anne Stuart Fans: Warrior (Fallen Book #3) (spoilers) 5 16 May 02, 2013 06:37PM

• Angel Betrayed (The Fallen, #2)
  • Obsidian Flame (Guardians of Ascension, #5)
  • A Devil Named Desire (The Devil's Bargain #2)
  • Shadow Rising (Dark Dynasties, #3)
  • Archangel of Mercy
  • Special Gifts
  • Rogue Rider  (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9)
  • The Demoness of Waking Dreams (The Company of Angels, #2)
  • Rage and Redemption (Rebel Angels, #1)
  • Savage Bond (Fallen, #3)
  • Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2)
  • Darkest Caress (Empowered, #1)

The Fallen (4 books)
  • Raziel (The Fallen, #1)
  • Demon (The Fallen, #2)
  • Rebel (The Fallen, #4)
“If I have to fall once more from grace, at least you’re going to make it worthwhile.” 13 likes
“I’m immune to euphoria.” 10 likes