Start by marking “On Thin Ice” as Want to Read:
On Thin Ice

On Thin Ice

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  616 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
For Sasha the world of professional ice skating brought glory, fame and a refuge from the wounds of her past. She went on to Olympic fame, her smile hiding a heavy heart. But now there is a trail of dead bodies left in the wake of the ice show's tour - a scene that echoes the nightmare Sasha has tried to forget.
Published December 1st 2002 by Zebra (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about On Thin Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Thin Ice

Hmm, not sure what to think about this one. Sometimes I am in the mood for a real woman-in-jeopardy-menacing-killer suspense novel. Well, this isn't that. It is ostensibly a suspense novel but it read a bit lighter than, say, a Karen Rose. But that was o.k. actually. I read it in one sitting, almost and it was quick and enjoyable and Susan Andersen writes with a snappy wit.

This is my first Susan Andersen (but not the last) and only the second book set in the professional ice skating world I'd e
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: suspense-romance
เปนเรืองทีอานไดเรือยๆ แตไมรูวาเรามีปัญหาทีสำนวนหรือยังไง บางยอหนาอานแลวไมเขาใจ ไมรูวาเปนทีคนแปลหรือตนฉบับ แตอานฉบับแปลแลวสะดุด บางครังตองกวาดตามองผานๆไมงันหมดอารมณอานไปกอนแนๆ

เนือเรืองสืบสวนไมไดซับซอนอยางทีคิด คนรายเปนโรคจิต ทังๆทีนาจะเดาไดตังแตแรกแลววาคนทีมีสองบุคลิกแบบนีคือคนทีนาสงสัยทีสุด ปมของนางเอกกแลดูงงๆ อานแลวไมคอยเขาถึงเทาไร แตทีรูๆคือพระนางสปารคกันเรวมาก เจอกันไมเทาไร รูตัวอีกทีกไปอยูบนเตียงแลวซะงัน

การแกไขปัญหาหลายอยางในเรืองดูเหมือนจะงายไป อานแลวจึงเฉยๆ ไมไดรูสึกตืนเตนไปดวย มีแคชวงทีพร
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Registered on Bookcrossing -

This is a great romantic suspense book. I really loved the main characters, Sasha Miller and undercover Agent Mick Vinicor are a combustible couple.
Julie Barrett
Jan 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
On Thin Ice by Susan Andersen
Sasha Miller was the Olympic medal skater. Her partner, Lonnie Morrison was just released from jail after 5 years for drugs. The cops were not able to charge her at all.
She had to leave the couples section and go back to singles and was on tour on the west coast with the winter ice folly shows.
At the same time the federal agency knows she did play a part and we keep an eye on her-the new manager is an agent.
She has a lot of secrets and finally confides in another s
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
I was initially going to give this 3 stars. The writing is pretty good, the characters are likeable, and there are mystery/suspense elements to keep the story moving along, and I have liked other works by this author.

However, I went with 2 stars. I got halfway through and just couldn't finish it. For some reason I never engaged with the characters; I just never cared enough about them to want to go all they way through to the end.
Sep 15, 2011 rated it liked it
This was a light suspense story that kept my interest throughout. Sometimes Mick was a little too cave man aloha male and Sasha a little too perfect but it worked in the end. It wasn't tough to figure out whodunit but it didn't spoil my level of enjoyment. The story moved at a good pace with good dialogue and the right level of character development. Overall, it's a good story but not at the level of suspense that keeps me on the edge of my seat and speeds up my pulse rate.
Kamon SecondAccount
(3.8 ดาว ลบ 0.2 ดาวเพราะสำนวนแปลโบราณไมเขากับเรือง)

แนวรักปนสืบสวนเบาๆ ใชฉากฟิกเกอรสเกต อานสนุกอยางทีคิดไวตอนดูปกหลัง
ตัวละคร--เพือนสนิทกัน คุยกันใชคำสุภาพเกินไป
เชน ขายยา กใชคำวา "จำหนายยา" คิด ใชคำวา "ตรึกตรอง" (นีคือในบทพูดนะ)
Apr 02, 2011 added it
Shelves: figure-skating
This is a novel about figure skating. The author misspelled the word axel. (Tip: it's named after the first dude to compete the skill.) Some things are just unacceptable.

As a romance, I found On Thin Ice dull. As a murder mystery, I found it unconvincing. Major thumbs down.
May 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'd never heard of this author and actually found the book while searching for something else on the library catalogue. But it was a nice, light story and I felt it got better the farther into it I got. I'd read other novels by this author.
Dec 26, 2016 rated it liked it
It took me a while to get back to this book and finish it. I actually really enjoyed it, good reminder that strength comes in so many different forms. Thatʻs what I took away from this book, and while I was and still am surprised by that, it was a welcome reminder.
Jun 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
I made it to page 122. I really tried to finish this book, I really did. I gave it one star based off of what I've already read.
With that being said, I am still going to try to read another book by this author. I know not all books are perfect. I hope I can find one that makes up for this.
Oct 02, 2015 rated it liked it
I've liked other Susan Andersen books. This was not my favorite, but good. I liked the friendship between Sasha and Connie, and that Connie stood up for herself with Lon. Mick was redeemed from being too much of a jerk alpha-dude because he called his mother! lol
Jan 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I really liked 4 of the 5 Romantic Suspense books that Susan Andersen wrote and this is one of them!

Dec 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Genre, cop meets girl, falls in love. Usually, he doesn't want love and fights it. this time the cop says I love you first!
Deb Krill
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
a little romance, a little mystery goes a long ways!! fun read!
Jun 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
Even when this book was written I couldn't say I was a fan of the Neanderthal male type. Mick was a dick and Sasha deserved better.
Mar 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Characters not as good as in Shadow Dance.
$3 from Dollar General.
Jenny Rebecca
I keep re-reading this book. You gotta love it. Great hero. Love the ice skating aspect. Lots of good tension.
Anju Lakhansingh
Nov 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book...enjoyed the strong women in this book!
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
Not a fan of men who are so bossy and aggressive, if if he was the good guy.
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book, but it was predictable. By the 4th chapter you knew who was going to do what. I would recommend it for an easy read though.
Feb 25, 2011 rated it it was ok thought to be into drugs.

This one just didn't live up to Andersen's usual style and content for me
Jul 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was pretty good. Nice suspense, nice romance..
Sep 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-supense
RS real light. Good story and romance, mild suspense.
Aug 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Jaded DEA Mick undrcvr as mngr ice follies 2 chk if star Sasha invlvd w/drug sales, hr con frnd frm kidhood Lon, hr bst frnd Connie, crazy killr
Aug 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-wom
really didnt care for this
Entertaining, but with more telling than showing.
Lynn Calvin
Jan 05, 2012
  • Just Like a Man (OPUS prequel)
  • Dearly Beloved
  • Believed Violent
  • And Able (Mercenary Trilogy, #3)
  • Coercion to Love
  • My Pleasure (The Rose Hunters Trilogy #2)
  • Birmingham Rose
  • Lord of Midnight (Dark Champion, #4)
  • To Trust A Stranger/Whispers At Midnight
  • Drive Me Wild
  • For Better or Hearse (Annabelle Archer, #2)
  • Long, Tall and Tempted: Redbird\Paper Husband\Christmas Cowboy
  • One Touch of Scandal (Fraternitas Aureae Crucis, #1)
  • Lady Margery's Intrigue (Regency Royal, #4)
  • Return To Me
  • Freedom's Price (Bartlett Brothers, #2)
  • Looking for Lacey
  • The Mackenzie Family (Mackenzie Family, #3-3.5)
I grew up in a household with two brothers, a daddy, and my grandfather. Too many men, in other words. They diluted M'ma's influence by diverting my attention to things like the danger of answering nature's call in the dead of the night. I've got a hint for those of you raised in a less spit-and-scratch world: check before you sit, because chances are that seat is gonna be up. And they don't even ...more
More about Susan Andersen...

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Fractured
  • Never Smile at Strangers
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Where Eagles Dare
  • Alone
    $17.99 $2.99
  • Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes, #2)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Idaho
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Dead Letters
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Phantom (Alexander Hawke, #7)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Moving Day
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Man-Eater: The Life and Legend of an American Cannibal
  • Smoke
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unrivaled (Beautiful Idols #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Secrets of Southern Girls: A Novel
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Dorchester Terrace (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #27)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Flower Net (Red Princess, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Grave Tender
  • The Cabin
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bones of Paris (Harris Stuyvesant, #2)
    $11.99 $2.99