Start by marking “Drinking Life (Keeper of the Water, #1)” as Want to Read:
Drinking Life (Keeper of the Water, #1)

Drinking Life

(Keeper of Water #1)

Nia Ammo only wants to win the field hockey state championship. But it's not the other team she has to worry about stopping her - it's the two soldiers in ancient battle armor who attack during the game! Nia has always been a little quicker, a little stronger, a little more agile than everyone else. She quickly learns that hand-to-hand combat is another skill she possesses ...more
Published 2011

To ask other readers questions about Drinking Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drinking Life

Jessica
Apr 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
There have been so many stories and twists about The Fountain of Youth, but I've gotta say that I think this is probably one of my favorite! It was such a different story then what I've been reading lately and it was a nice change.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I. Love. It. When the girl can kick some serious butt, which Nia has no struggle with. She's pretty much awesome!

The book started off fast. Action already starting within the first few pages. But towards the middle of the book
Traci
Confession: I picked up this book because it was free on kindle and I didn't even read the description, just the genre (and while this isn't really a romance, it's the closest category I have without making another one entirely). So starting it when it has such a hook for an opening chapter was very jarring, and I mean that in a good way. I had no idea what to expect, so in the beginning, that kept me reading.

This book tackles a subject I haven't seen in young adult literature: the fountain of
E. Bard
Apr 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites-ya
Such a pleasant surprise! This was a very fun story with a strong female lead and plenty of characters you enjoy one second and hate the next. It is filled with historical characters and anecdotes all warped into the fiction so they blend seamlessly with the tale.

I loved how the 'myth' included in this story isn't one found all that frequently in the YA genre. Yes it is found in some YA fiction, but it really isn't as common as many others (I can think of one 'everlasting' example immediately bu
Katelyn Broad
May 06, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot more than I anticipated. It kept me interested, especially the main character Nia and her love interest John. I love books with a strong female character and this was one of them-Nia was smart and strong. I did find that the book was kind of long for the story and some parts went on for too long and I also didn't like how it ended so suddenly but in the end I found this to be an enjoyable and creative read. I can't wait for a second book!
*I received this book from the a
Stanley
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pretty good book

I liked the story and the way the author kept me thinking and trying to guess the plot. He did a good job of mixing fantasy with a little fact. To make a plausible story
Sule
Apr 26, 2012 marked it as to-read
Omg its so good. Cant wait to purchase iht :)
Desiree
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-s-books
If you loved the Hunger Games, you may like this series. Loved it!
Fallon Shay
Sep 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction
This book wasn’t necessary bad (like you might think by my 1 star review). Personally, I think the concept of the book is really good. There’s a bit of history throughout the book which I enjoyed and thought was a good addition. The idea of the water, the strong female characters who protect it; the fountain of youth. This could’ve been a very interesting story but it was just poorly executed.
At times the story was slow, then other times it would switch scenes and be hard to follow. It’s writte
Ani Talwar
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I actually read this book ages and ages ago and am adding it now I have an account so my memory may be hazy but I remember just being completely sucked in. I have this vague memory of sitting on a windowsill for hours just reading the book because I just did not realise how long it had been and I just loved it.
Suzette Anderson
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Very engaging....I couldn’t stop reading. Can’t wait to start the next book. Hope to read many more books... with the plot line, this could go on for a while!!
Cat
Jun 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-freebie
Keeping in mind this rating is for how much I enjoyed the book, not for the writing (which probably deserves at least 2 stars), here is my review:

I liked that this book dealt with a more unusual subject (fountain of youth = drinking life). I also liked that this dealt with some history (cuz, yenno, being young forever, you see a lot of time pass). Unfortunately I couldn't connect with the main character, her situation, her personality..at all. I didn't understand why she did (or didn't) do the t
Suzanne Schack
While I found the level of detail put into Nia's life interesting, her storyline dragged on for far too long before we learned more of why was she was so special. And Cassie? As far as I was concerned, she was always treated as a secondary character despite a common theme throughout the book. All in all, there were a few parts I loved but mostly I felt it was dragging for most of the book and then suddenly it was over. Maybe the second book will be better, but I truly don't know if I'll read it. ...more
Heather
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Another YA paranormal romance that disappointed me. The concept was intriguing, but the characters were too over-the-top. I couldn't connect with them and found I didn't really care what happened. The ending wasn't satisfying and overall just felt like I wasted me time with this one.

(My feelings may be harsher due to a run of mediocre free e-books I've read from Kindle lately--I'm getting cranky and ready to find something worth my time.)
Tegan
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: eh
I dont know what it was but something was missing from this book. I did like the characters of Nia and John and wanted to put Cassie put of misery myself. The plot was ok and the idea was fantastic but execution was a little lacking. I dont know if I will read the next book, but at this point in time its no.
Steph
Sep 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
With the first novel of this series, Kevin George shows off his real talent for creating characters and pulling readers right into the action of the story. I could not stop reading this book, and I haven't been this excited for a follow-up book since I was a little kid. The anticipation is palpable. Get it, read it, and get excited for the next one.
Scarlett Tiger
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it
cassie is the worst character i read about she even worse the villans who kill for evil reason im mean serously i really wish she have not as many parts in the next book but most likely she will [*sigh]
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
Okay story, but the typos and grammar mistakes put me off. At one time the character drove "passed" another character's house. And Cassie was totally one-note, with no redeeming value. Probably will not read the rest in the trilogy.
Beccie
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really unique story. The only thing I didn't care for was the 'almost' love triangle thing. It wasn't too bad but it was there and I hate those things. All in all, I'd definitely continue with this series.
Heather
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. You know I'm a sucker for a strong female lead and this book did not disappoint. She isn't just strong, she is an amazon warrior. That's pretty cool!! Looking forward to Book 2.
Autumn
Jun 05, 2013 rated it liked it
i give this book a 3.5 its a good read keeps you guessing thats what i like the most
Beckie Rousseau Sloan
Aug 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
great start to a series
Emily
Jul 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ya
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook on Amazon
It was a good book, but a little long winded for my tastes. It's more sci-fi than romance. Just because it wasn't my genre of choice, it was still a great story.
kierra wells
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great!

Great!

it was really a great book and I cant wait to see what happens next! it was well worth my time.
Naomi
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfuly written! Kept me interested the entire time & I bought the rest or the trilogy as soon as I finished this!
Mary
Nov 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
Stated out good! Then it took to long to get to the point of the story. Will skip the next one.
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Started off well -- reminded me of a female Percy Jackson -- but went downhill from there.
Jackie
Dec 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
I had a hard time getting into the book. Nothing bad ... it just didn't interest me at all in the beginning.
Annemarie
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Toby Streams the Universe
  • Intwine (Intwine, #1)
  • Certainty
  • Failing Test (The Shadow Series, #1)
  • Fearless
  • The Shells of Chanticleer (The Shells of Chanticleer, #1)
  • Under the Blue (Blue, #1)
  • First Frost (Frost, #1)
  • The Progeny
  • Disconnect (Divided Worlds, #1)
  • Humanity's Last Chance (The Eden Project, #1)
  • Freak City
  • Treehugger (Based on a Dream, #1)
  • Heaven High (East Lake Series #1)
  • Beasts of the Walking City (Walking Cities #1)
  • The Beast Within (The Elite, #1)
  • Blood Awakening (Blood Burden, #0.5)
  • Blood Calling (Blood Calling, #1)
Kevin George has written five series of books and a stand alone novel. They are as follows:

THE GREAT BLUE ABOVE series
The City Below (#1)
The Dome of Life (#2)
The Battle Above (#3)
Before the Nothingness (#4)
Book 5 coming soon. . .

CRYO-MAN series
Cryo-Man (#1)
Robotropolis (#2)
Dearborn (#3)
Beyond River City (#4)

LIFE, INC. - If you could learn the exact moment of your death, would you? If you could se

Keeper of Water (3 books)
  • Recruits (Keeper of the Water, #2)
  • The Water Queens (Keeper of the Water, #3)