Start by marking “Dinosaurs to the Rescue” as Want to Read:
Dinosaurs to the Rescue

Dinosaurs to the Rescue

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Text and illustrations of dinosaur characters introduce the earth's major environmental problems and suggest ways children can help.
Published April 1st 1994 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Dinosaurs to the Rescue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dinosaurs to the Rescue

Sydney Funk
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-summaries
• Dinosaurs to the rescue features young dinosaurs telling readers about the importance of keeping the planet clean. They teach readers that every little bit helps when it comes to keeping the planet safe. Along the way they teach Slobosaurus that there are no good excuses to keep him from using less, using things again, or giving things back to the earth.
• Grades 1-4
• I would this at the beginning of the year to teach my students why we will be recycling and how it helps the earth. This could
Jessica Schuerman
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
(Biographical Choice)
This book talked about the importance of help keeping the Earth clean. It use easy words and ways to explain things, that way children can understand them. The main thing it talks about is the three R's. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. This is important to children to learn at a young age. Since the pictures are creative, it helps drag the children more into it. That just makes the child want to read through it, or listen to the story being told. The only flaw to this book is that i
Jane
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dinosaurs to the Rescue is a delightful book where Slobosaurus a dinosaur shows how to help use the resources on planet Earth in an environmentally friendly manner. He starts with three basic ideas: Use less, Use things again and Give something back to the Earth. The cartoon illustrations are wonderful to get the message across to children and adults alike in Dinosaurs to the Rescue.
Marcus
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book is great for children. It puts things about recyling and enviornmental stuff in a way children can understand. The pictures also do a great job of showing how the things are supposed to look like.
Kevin Bokay
Jun 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime
Another good earth day read. The story of Slobosaurus and how the other dinasaurs counter his wasteful ways. Lots of re-cycling ideas and things for kids to think about as they use energy and other everyday things around the house.
Dolly
Mar 21, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2009
A bit long and preachy, but otherwise good for teaching younger children the basics of ecology and the 3 Rs. Our girls enjoyed the story and were excited to share their experience with reducing, reusing and recycling materials. We talked a lot about different ways we can help the Earth.
Danielle Simmons
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is great for teaching children the importance of caring for our planet. It shows them how to use the 3 r's, reducing, reusing, and recycling. The pictures are creative and funny. The dinosaurs also help get the reader interested,
C
Jan 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Good entertaining overview of environmentalism for kids--how to care for the earth. We like this dinosaur series from Brown for being informative without being boring.
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
A fun approach to talking about the three Rs; recycle, reuse, reduce.

My son enjoyed the speech bubbles of the grumpier dinosaur ;).
Beyond the Pages
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great intro to green living. Written on a kid-friendly level, all while being highly educational.
Jo
A good read for the little environmentalist. The dinosaurs teach the importance of reducing, reusing and recycling. Cute illustrations.
Bradley
Good moral message. Go green. But once again my boy did not care for it. He did come over to look at some pictures though. =)
Rachael
Jan 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I work in daycare. When I was getting the toddlers down for nap, I noticed this book on the bookshelf. I read it while I was patting backs. The book was very cute and informative.
Susan
Jul 13, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An appealing and easy to understand book on being green.
Mary