Start by marking “Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Boscombe Pool” as Want to Read:
Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Boscombe Pool

Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Boscombe Pool

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  81 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
[Penguin Readers Level 3]

Who killed Charles McCarthy? And why? Was it really his son? Sherlock Holmes, the brilliant detective, must answer these questions with the help of his trusted friend Dr Watson. An intriguing story - with Sherlock Holmes, the most famous and most eccentric detective in English literature, using his detective powers to solve the mystery.
Published February 8th 2002 by Penguin Books Ltd (first published 1891)

To ask other readers questions about Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Boscombe Pool, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Boscombe Pool

Darren
Jul 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'm surprised at many of the comments regarding this particular narrative of Watson's take on Sherlock's handling of this case.

I was moved by Holmes' compassion and understanding of the circumstances which lead this former British expat "Australian/Brit Bush-ranger" (for Americans-Outlaw) who led a life a crime and skull skulduggery for most of his life. Yet the remorse he displayed moved Sherlock not to have this man, riddled with disease, live out his last days (7months) in a rat infested pri
Ryoichi
Nov 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Extensive Listening & Reading 4
Sophie's class

-about an hour and 30 minutes(11/18)

-7 word summary:
Holmes-incident-valley-father-son-friends-search

-Discussion Questions:
1.A young man was suspected as the criminal in this book.
Have you ever been misunderstood by someone?
Answer:
Actually no, but if I were so, I would be surprised and become confusion.

2.There are many suspense stories, for example, detective one, police one..
Do you like the genre "suspense"?
Answer:
I do
Lizzie
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like all Sherlock Holmes books the one thing I really like is Watson's narration. If the narration is from Sherlock's point of view it would be less interesting.
I love the unique way Holmes solve the mystery and how observant he is. I also liked the fact that you don't have to read the rest of the series to read this book.
Namiko
I love Sherlock Holmes but it is a little too difficult for me to read. There were some parts that I didn't understand. Charles McCarthy was killed right after fighting with his son. Most people accursed the son but Sherlock Holmes wasn't convinced - he tried to find out some little facts which was leading him innocent.
Eva
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-english
Nice book, easy English, but that story was so clear, only 2 persons who can be murderer. And how much is possible that women will kill her lover. But part about history which happend in Australia was at least bit interesting.
Lisztomania
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
dsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Youssef-charbel Akl
So exiting ! i love mystery books !!!!!
Gabriela
CFDeeDee
Feb 04, 2014
Kboa
Oct 29, 2012 marked it as to-read
I want link of full story
Garye Maraboto