Start by marking “Alex's Secret (Brac Pack #21)” as Want to Read:
Alex's Secret (Brac Pack #21)

Alex's Secret (Brac Pack #21)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  1,170 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
[Siren Everlasting Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, shape-shifters]

Alex's father ignored him, his stepfather tried to have him committed, his uncle looks at him like a freak, and his step-cousin Tater is trying to talk him into going to see his good buddy, Taylor Tate, who's a counselor. Why can’t everyone just leave him alone?

Alex grew up in a
Published October 1st 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Alex's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alex's Secret

V
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for this series, I'm sure many of my friends are rolling their eyes at me.
But, I love it.
This series for me can't do wrong, and now that the author is focus on the bearshifters I like it a lot.
As always ..if you like this series you are going to like this story.
If you don'y like this author you won't like this book either, as it is mostly the same as the others.
I love it!!
Amanda
More like 2.5 stars but...

[This is not really a review of this book alone per say, but I really need to get some things off my chest at 21 books so here they are.]

As you can see, I'm still truckin' right along with this series. I will be the first to admit that shifter stories are one of my guilty pleasures and I devour anything released by Stephani Hecht (my fave!), Charlie Richards, Amber Kell, etc. But this series... There's just something about it that always grates on my nerves.

First of all
Aղցela W.
This was book 21 in the "Brac Pack" series. This was a pretty good edition to this series. Alex has a secret well two his father ignored him, his stepfather tries to have him committed, and his uncle looks at him like he's a freak his cousin Tater wants him to talk to a friend of his Taylor. Gavin Lakeland discovers Alex is his mate when he helps him and Tater when his old truck won't start. Alex grew up in a house where his parents who were mates argued all the time he wants to be friends wit ...more
Phaney
May 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
2011 Review:

The latest in those interwoven series. To my disappointment it disclosed, sort of as a fly-by, that (view spoiler). So I guess when the author gets around to that spin-off series it’ll be threesomes again. Gah.

The book itself was okay-ish. More could have been made of the smaller guy’s issues, and I don’t mean his (view spoiler). Wasted opportunities here. I just don’t get what
Serena Yates
Aug 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This installment of the Brac Pack series focuses on the second of the bear shifter brothers, Gavin, and his ocelot shifter mate, Alex. They have some rocky obstacles to overcome, mostly because Alex has a few secrets and is a little more eccentric than most people. Considering the company he finds himself in once Gavin takes him home, that becomes far less of an issue than he imagines.

Initially, Alex is afraid of his own shadow and fears he will never be accepted. No wonder, his stepfather has k
Sair
Once again I find myself at the 2.95 star mark and have rounded it up to 3.

I like the characters and like the secret, but it gets a bit murky with the peripheral characters. Way too many for such a short story and the character development is lacklustre and inconsistent.

I expect for warm mushy stuff when I read these books and they don't disappoint. The secret was not enough for a whole book to be built around and the other stuff that went on (without being a spoiler here) was not given enough
CB
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Well, I delved into the Bracverse a 2nd time and now there are 121 books - yikes! I loved this Universe the first time I read it several years ago and now I love it more, I really do, but I've only been able to read these series (and I have expanded to all the books that are currently out in each):
Brac Pack
Christian's Coven
Zeus's Pack
Demon Warriors
The Exiled

These are the series that start the Universe. Reading them in order is a must. Each book has it's own love story but there is an underlying
David Pritchett
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lynn-hagen-books

Alex grew up in a home where his mated parents argued day and night, until his father is killed and his mother remarried. Unfortunately, Clark is everything a stepfather shouldn't be.

Gavin Lakeland discovers Alex is his mate when he helps
Jani
Oct 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
This series is one of my guilty pleasures. It is pure fluff that doesn't require any thinking. That said the last few books have been so so. This one was much better. It was cute and fun. I didn't have high hopes for Alex but in the end it turns out he is pretty normal. I guess we are supposed to think he is left of center because he has an ant farm that he loves? I talk to my cat.. often.. I guess I am pretty weird in many eyes as well.
I enjoyed the Lakeland but really like touching base with
Andre
Dec 01, 2011 rated it did not like it
Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. More or less that was what this book felt like. I am thinking of skipping Mrs. Hagen all together since it is nearly always the same constellation of big guy rescuing small guy. No matter what she might wants to make us believe with Alex's temper this is what it comes down and I for myself had that too often. Mrs. Hagen should try something new. And by the way bring a bit of color into the characters. So far they were nearly exclusively white. And the b ...more
Raevyn
May 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book like all of the others has a big Alpha character ready and willing to take care of the smaller needy character. BUT, that is what I like and this story was true to the Brac Pack formula.

Alex is one of the sweetest characters in the series. He has only his ants in their farm to call friends until Gavin finds him. They dance around each other for a while and of course they find they are perfect for each other.

The on thing that bothered me about this book, and some of the others in the se
adrienne
Mar 13, 2012 rated it liked it
typical lynn hagen serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical lynn hagen? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as they put into their bo
Tj
Oct 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
Alex has been through a lot and is now staying with his step-Uncle. He is enjoying hanging out with his step-cousin Tater, though not in Tater’s truck, when they break down. Gavin stops to help and meets his mate, Alex. The two begin dating and quickly become more. The two as a couple are cute. This is a light, fluffy read that is very typical of Lynn Hagen. I enjoyed it but it isn’t deep.
Meggie
Oct 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
Damn, but I couldn't connect with this mated couple. Alex was simply to boring for me and the sex between Gavin and him just didn't ring the bell. The the whole concept of the main plot around the drug was written to simple, to boring and to mix it within the story of this mated couple....blah, really bad mix of events in general. Definitely not my cup of tea.
Candice
3rd reading 1-5-15
I love Alex! Gavin is so amazing. I think he may be my favorite bear and he doesn't nearly get enough page time.
New Rating: 4 Stars

2nd read June 2014
I think I loved Gavin and Alex more this time around.

First read 11-8-13
Gavin has a heart of gold. Wanting to protect and shelter Alex. Protect his secrets.
Julie scott
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alex's Secret [Brac Pack 21]

Outstanding I Loved it the second time around was wow I Loved it again as in it was awesome just like the other ..I can't wait to read the next one again next...
Wende
Oct 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shapeshifter, m-m, ohio
I was surprised this one is really a good. I liked the two MC.
Randy Wiggins
Jan 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Not one of my favorites because it was just a little too..kinky. The charachters didn't seem like themselves, even the ones I had been fond of over te many books were off.
Brittney Bower
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
well I thought his secret would have been more paranormal in nature.
Kinny
Jan 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
If I were gay I would definitely be Alex! The Maitland men are wonderful and to me better than some of the Brac wolves.
AyoDollFace
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
I was more interested in the other POVs and not the main MCs. Gets a 2 for Tater and Olsen and the other non MC characters.
Emily
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Originally read 2012
Byron
Oct 03, 2013 rated it liked it
See Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack, #1) by Lynn Hagen for series review.
My Dichotomy Life
I'm starting to get bored by the supposed subplot in this series.
Maya
Aug 18, 2011 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Marsha Spence
Oct 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-para
4/2015-5/2015 Reread of Zeus's Pac, Brac Pack, Demon Warriors, and Christian's Coven. Today's #'s: ZP 7; BP 25; DW 3; CC 3
Tracy Piccolo
Apr 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
brac pack book 21
Davina
Aug 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-own-ebook
See there's some kinky ones. Only one bad thing in focus now that's good. Hope not all the mates lately have some connection to the drug situation.
Kristie Crawford
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love Lynn Hagen, I have read all her books and this one was just as good as the rest. Thank You Lynn for all the work you put into your story to entertain us readers!
  • Imlay's Cure (Lady Blue Crew #3)
  • Unassumed (Tate Pack, #4)
  • Faith, Trust, and Stardust (Haven #2)
  • Sacking the Quarterback (Campus Cravings, #3)
  • The Link That Binds (Solomon's Pride #2)
  • Aggressive Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies #7)
  • Remus (Marius Brothers #2)
Lynn Hagen loves writing about the somewhat flawed, but lovable. She also loves a hero who can see past all the rough edges to find the shining diamond of a beautiful heart.

You can find her on any given day curled up with her laptop and a cup of hot java, letting the next set of characters tell their story.
More about Lynn Hagen...

Brac Pack (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack #1)
  • Hawk's Pretty Baby (Brac Pack #2)
  • Sunshine’s Savior (Brac Pack #3)
  • Remi's Pup (Brac Pack #4)
  • Stormy Eyes (Brac Pack #5)
  • Oliver's Heart (Brac Pack #6)
  • Keata's Promise (Brac Pack #7)
  • George's Turn (Brac Pack #8)
  • Loco's Love (Brac Pack #9)
  • Lewis's Dream (Brac Pack #10)