Start by marking “Daughters Of The South Wind” as Want to Read:
Daughters Of The South Wind

Daughters Of The South Wind (McCleod Daughters #1)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  78 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Like fairytale sisters, the three McCleod girls were beautiful, virtuous and bound to a dream--the dream of finding a new life in the West. But their story was no fairytale; for their father died on the trail and they were stranded, without money or means to go on. So, Tamsen McCleod became "Poppy Franklin," one of the girls at the cantina, to get the money to take her and ...more

To ask other readers questions about Daughters Of The South Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daughters Of The South Wind

Tamsen
Apr 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
My namesake.
Betsy
Sep 05, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Let me point out that I read this in high school and liked it so much that I bought its sequels. I still own the book, but I haven't opened it in years. Perhaps I should do a reread and see if I still like it as much.
Marla Rosenberger
Aug 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read this memorable series probably in the 1980's finding it (the series and all of its books) so wonderful that all these year later I recalled the authors name and the titles! The characters were well developed through the series as they matured and aged from young girls left on their own, to young women faced with some horrors of being without male protection, to young marrieds, young mothers, grandmothers, and matriarchs with extended families of their own. This is a great series that I woul ...more
Jill
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I found this series in a box of books from my mom and once I started them I couldn't put them down. You're taken right into the lives of these strong sisters and you will encounter both romance and adventure. Definitely a great read!
Lyn Johanson
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Got my hands on an old, battered book; started reading just to shorten my hours on a train, and the hours just vanished. I loved this book so much, I know I'm going to re-read it sometime in the near future.
Elentarri
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I inherited the first 5 books of this "series" from my aunt. This is one of the few romance stories/series that I liked. Well written and not too soppy. The characters actually have character!
Yvonne Hogg
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed reading this book. I find the characters intriguing. I recommend this book as well as the rest of the books in this series.
Melanie Ellis
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read these in high school. I still have 7 of the books. I want to track down the last one. I almost named my daughter Tamsen!
Kellie Hogue
i read these stories years age and fell in love with the charachters,the theme and of course,the ending .this is one of my favorite book series of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bobbie
Oct 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Loved it, full of stories within stories. Made me not want to put it down. Cannt wait to start the next book by Aola in this series.
Jeannie Henn
Jan 06, 2017
Amy
Jun 26, 2014
Amy
rated it did not like it
Jul 24, 2007
TigerBleu
Oct 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
aka Kitt Brown

Married to New Mexico State Senator William Vandergriff. She wrote over 2,000 short stories, novels and poetry.

More about Aola Vandergriff...

McCleod Daughters (8 books)
  • Daughters of the Wild Country