Start by marking “Hades” as Want to Read:

(Halo #2)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  30,125 ratings  ·  1,553 reviews
Heaven Help Her.

Bethany Church is an angel sent to Earth to keep dark forces at bay. Falling in love was never part of her mission, but the bond between Beth and her mortal boyfriend, Xavier Woods, is undeniably strong. But even Xavier's love, and the care of her archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, can't keep Beth from being tricked into a motorcycle ride that ends up in
Published August 30th 2011 by Feiwel & Friends (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hades, please sign up.
Tarra All of it is shite, don't waste your time...
Emily I thought that Hades was better than Halo, but still not great. If you're looking for good literature, you'll be disappointed, but I read it after…moreI thought that Hades was better than Halo, but still not great. If you're looking for good literature, you'll be disappointed, but I read it after finals week when my brain was burnt out and I didn't feel like thinking about anything and it was alright under those circumstances. There are some really cringe-worthy sentences though, just like in Halo. And yes there's a cliff-hanger.(less)

·  30,125 ratings  ·  1,553 reviews

Cait
Apr 11, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to start of this review with.....

Story time!

Warning: do not try this at home. You may or may not get injured and some very severe scolding will follow. I also begrudgingly give this book 1.5 stars as a rating.

One day, when I was about 8 or so, my family and I made our yearly trip up to Mackinac Island, Michigan. This island is different in the way that no cars or any kind of automobiles whatsoever are allowed, so everyone rides on their bikes around the 1 1/2 mile island in order
John Egbert
Aug 22, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: *starts to cry* I-I wouldn't recommend this book to the person that SLAUGHTERED MY FAMILY
Recommended to John by: ...this was my own fault...
Before reading Hades

How can you trick someone into getting on a motorcycle? Either they get on, or they don't get on. Motorcycles aren't like cars. And what does angel Bethany want with a motorcycle anyway? SHE CAN FLY. Or, I'm assuming she can. Who knows, maybe Halo angels are just so lame they can't even use their wings to fly. *shudders from pure lameness*

Perhaps the conversation went something like this:

Jake: Hey Bethany. Why don't you get in my van on my motorcycle? I'll give you a lift...
B
Rebecca
Oh come on girls it is a book about romance and that is why we buy them. If you want to good read, non-fiction is the way to go. Stop complaining about how the writer did this or didn't do that. You brought these books because it is a girl meets boy with a bit of action with it end of story.
Sadia
So I wonder if I've ever told you people how much I love making lists. Yep. I spend hours on my things to do and other random lists.

Here's one I'm sharing with you.

Things I'd probably do while trying to read HADES

Leaf through the pagesdescription
Endure description
Shake head in disbelief description
Raise my blood pressure description
Grind my molars to dust description
Be stupefied beyond belief description
Kill my brain cells description
Go to sleep description
Watch tv description
Read another book description
Laugh hysterically description
Scream in my pillow description
Have a good time
Enjoy reading

Now that almost all of these
Dinjolina
*Goes around whistling*

Wait!
What?

HADES?????!!!!
Do you know what Hades is?

Let me wikipedia you:

Hades (English pronunciation: /ˈheɪdiːz/; from Greek ᾍδης (older form Ἀϝίδης}, Hadēs, originally Ἅιδης, Haidēs or Άΐδης, Aidēs (Doric Ἀΐδας Aidas), meaning "the unseen"[1]) refers both to the ancient Greek underworld, the abode of Hades, and to the god of the underworld.

So.What does it have to do with Christianity?
The previous book was an insult to believers all over the world for sure, because we read
Clair
Jun 19, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, fiction
Have you ever read a book, or watched a movie/TV series, where you just didn't understand why anybody would like this (in your own opinion) utter dreck? You then voice this opinion, only to be shot down by fans who tell you either to stick your head where the sun doesn't shine, or: “Oh, episode/book 1 was terrible. But I persevered and fell in love with it.”

Generally it seems that's what happens with a lot of media. Catching Fire was, in my opinion, better than The Hunger Games. Every series has
Katya
Aug 01, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, the-ya-project
I... I ah... I can't even... What am I supposed to say here? This is just one of these books you knew, going into it, that you were never going to like it, and yet, after you finish it, you remain with a sour taste in your mouth.

Of course, that begs the question as to why I bothered reading it in the first place (in fact, I expect that question soon), and I will adress it... later on. Let me tell you, pure masochism has little to do with it.

On the positive side, Hades is better than its predece
Cassandra
Mar 18, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
WHAT!? She is tricked in riding a motorcycle? How?

I am sorry, but it ticks me off how stupid and childish she made what's-her-face. I understand she is a angel just "born", but seriously? Can you at least make her a little bad ass? I like bad ass heriones. Not the little crying whinny girls. I understand that there are moments where that it is called for, but through out the whole series of books?

What the hell are you thinking Andornetto? Why don't you grow up a bit before publishing what you
Torzilla
Mar 23, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Wishing people would stop rating books before they become available.

Also, mildly interested in reading about the potential train wreck... how do you get tricked into a motorcycle ride? Roofies?
hayden
Sep 05, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Halo (Hades is definitely better); Twilight; Hush, Hush; Evermore; and Fallen
Recommended to hayden by: haters
Dear World,
Please do not question my sanity. I promise I have not lost it. I am reading this for the freaking lulz AND THAT'S IT.
Sincerely, Me.

While I'm writing my review, you may entertain yourselves by reading my 46 status updates below. Thank you, come again.

Also, notice the addition of three stars. That means my review is coming
REAL SOON, I promise!

Review: 1.5 stars
First impressions are deceiving.
I have fourteen years’ worth of anecdotal proof that this theory is true, but the one example
Haleema
Okay, what in the world is this cover about?

Is that Bethany on a motorcycle?

description

The absurdity... it burns.

Oh, well. It's a good think she's not an angel or that would have been really stupid. Phew!
Mark
Feb 03, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I don't think people should give a book stars before it comes out.
Katie(babs)
Mar 16, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hades by Alexandra Adornetto is the sequel to Halo that’s riding the angel train for all its worth. Although I felt Halo was lacking in so many ways, there was some enjoyable moments to it that made me want to pick up Hades. What a big mistake on my end. I feel the only reason Alexandra got published is because of her age. Publishing is giddy when they can find authors under a certain age. They must think they’re sensations, much like pop singers, if the author who’s not of legal age writes a bo ...more
Taneika
More of my reviews can be found at Flipping Through the Pages!

Let me begin by saying that this book will be given 1.5 stars instead of 1. The only reason for this is the fact that whilst I still hated it with a passion, stuff happened (not necessarily a plot), but things apart from "I love Xavier's hair" happened.

I don't even know where to start. There is a countless number of contradictions and inconsistencies in this instalment... The first one I noticed occured in the first three pages...
"It
Jessy MelodyofBooks
Die Rezension findet ihr hier: https://youtu.be/CikyDfFimMQ
Nasty Lady MJ

To See full review with pictures, videos, and Colonel Sanders click here: http://yalbookbriefs.blogspot.com/201...

This piece of sanctimonious shit doesn't even deserve a star.

Let's start off by being nice. Because it's always good to be nice right? Unlike Halo. Hades actually had a plot. Sort of. Things actually happen in Hades. Grant it, the plot is still pretty flimsy but it's there.

Okay, now that's the only good thing I have to say about this piece of shit. I have read a lot of awful books i
Laurel
Bethany Church, the perfect little angel from Halo, has forced me to create a new shelf, called “WHO LET YOU BE HEROINE?

Because really, Bethany, who in their right mind would let someone like you be the heroine of their book. Answer: people who have some vendetta against interesting, flawed, and actually likable characters.

Hades sets off on a journey six months after the events of Halo with Xavier and Bethany being murdly in lurve and such. Haha, I’m saying events like something actually happen
Mel
Jun 20, 2011 marked it as to-read-for-the-lulz  ·  review of another edition
The cover certainly looks better than the original awkwardly coloured one, but you know what they say. Polish a turd... it's still a turd.
Kat
Jun 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, this book was wayyy better than Halo. For all you guys who wonder how she got tricked into riding a bicycle, here's a reality check: Jake's a demon. He can do whatever the hell (pun intended) he wants. (view spoiler)
Hades had a LOT more action than Halo, so it went by much faster. I think this book a
Gemma
Oct 15, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Yee gods, what a fine mess we have here.

I did not know that Hell could possibly be so lame. Here we have the place where the wicked are punished for there sins, where the face and light of God has never and will never be seen, where there is nothing but pain and suffering and agony and sin, burning, inescapable sin, and Alexandra Adornetto reduces it all to...

A shady nightclub.

Something's missing here. Like, I don't know, some element of terror, something that would drive people away, somethi
Melissa
Jul 08, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: don-t-read
Arrggh! What do I write about this book? Being a religious person it was so hard to read about a heaven and a hell that are so completely not what I believe. I am so glad that this world does not exist and is only trapped in this story. The violence in this book and the references to sex and a couple of almost rape scene had my reeling. In one breath you are reading about God and his goodness and the next about a demon orgee!!! The love story is soooo sappy and over the top,but it does fit in wi ...more
Nishtha
Sep 24, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 stars,
Book was entertaining, in all kinda of wrong ways. It was so bad that couldn't put it down.

So predictable, I mean my little cousins would even figure out the ending.

The amount of cliché's used in this book is amazing. Just imagine all the clichés in the world were copy-pasted into this book.

2 stars, for making me laugh you silly book.
AMASHI
Hades is better than Halo.I honestly feel sad about Jake, he wanted to be loved and he chose the wrong person. I'm glad the way things ended :)
Linna
Apr 04, 2011 marked it as curious-about  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
I feel kind of bad for lol'ing at the cover...
Elle!
Disclaimer : Rant Rating Level. Off the freaking Charts. Cursing involved. I tried to keep it informative as well. Not working like he misspelled poster below. Yes I know it spelled wrong.

[image error]Hades_zps2ebcde13

First Sentence: When the final bell sounded at Bryce Hamiliton , Xavier and I gathered our things and headed out onto the south lawn.

Of course you and Xavier headed to the south lawn. You're freaking Gorilla Glued together.

Summary: Bethany Church is tricked and kidnapped by the evil Jake Thorn and
Nathalie Bakelandt
Terug een prachtig vervolg. Op naar het laatste deel hemel. Benieuwd
Turquoise
I live in Hong Kong, and in Hong Kong the first language is Cantonese (quite similar to Chinese). So the English translated books are not sufficient in most bookstores.

Anyways, I went to one in Koon Tong today and I went to the world literature section, where the Chinese translations usually were, and I saw this.

The Savage Grace

In case you didn't catch the title, they were Hades (Halo #2) and The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine #3). The English translations of their names were Satan's Hostage (Spy Angel #2) and B
Thibaut Nicodème
Jan 31, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: snark, dnf
DNF at 12%. You can find my detailed analysis on my blog, the Snark Theater (part 1part 2)

Well, on the plus side, there's an actual plot in this one. Potentially, at least.

On the minus side, the author is officially out to set feminism back…to nonexistence. And then some.

You win some, you lose some? Except in this case we don't win at all.
Cheese
I can't believe I'm actually thinking about reading this. Maybe just for the lulz. The Halo review was ever so much fun.

I want to know how the hell the first one made enough money for them to think that there should be a sequel.

WHY???

Who do you think Beth should date, Xavier Woods or Jake Thorn 16 51 Mar 05, 2017 11:13AM
sorry, but HADES SUCKS 72 135 Feb 05, 2017 04:14PM
O-O**FOR TWILIGHT AND HALO FANS* Who's the better fictional character, Bethany or Bella? B v. B--In the books not the movie!! 7 42 Aug 21, 2014 04:23PM
Why didn't Bethany just jump off? 9 51 Sep 15, 2013 10:43AM
Is anyone else a little disappointed?? 13 48 Sep 03, 2013 12:05PM
Hades by Alexandra Adornetto 8 27 Oct 03, 2012 01:40PM
wHICH ONE IS HAWT N YYY 4 21 Oct 03, 2012 01:31PM
  • Muse (Mercy, #3)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
  • Nocturne (Claire de Lune, #2)
  • Angel Fire (Angel, #2)
  • Aerie and Reckoning (The Fallen, #3-4)
  • Bargains and Betrayals (13 to Life, #3)
  • Dark Heart Rising (Dark Heart, #2)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Wildcat Fireflies (Fenestra, #2)
  • Eternal (Immortal, #3)
  • Lemniscate (Angel Star, #2)
  • Emblaze (The Violet Eden Chapters, #3)
  • Dreaming Awake (Falling Under, #2)
  • Black Halo (Grace, #3)
  • Book of Revenge (Knight Angels, #2)
  • Eternity (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • Evercrossed (Kissed by an Angel, #4)
  • Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2; Nightshade World #5)
Alexandra Emily Adornetto was born on the 18th of April 1992 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. She is the only child of an English Teacher and a Drama Teacher and attended, in her own words, "many" schools including MacRobertson Girls' High School, Ruyton Girls' School and Eltham College. She has loved stories for as long as she can remember. In 2006, she won the State Legacy Public Speaking comp ...more

Halo (3 books)
  • Halo (Halo, #1)
  • Heaven (Halo, #3)
“I hope the two of you will descend from your love bubble long enough to learn something today," he sniped cuttingly and the other kids snickered. Embarrassed, I ducked my head to avoid eye contact with them.
"It's all right, sir," Xavier replied. "The bubble's been engineered to allow us to learn from within it.”
44 likes
“A body is merely a vehicle. The deepest emotions are experienced through the soul.” 39 likes