Start by marking “Second Death” as Want to Read:
Second Death

Second Death (The Second Series #1)

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
When Meghan Monroe went missing, her twin brother Mike swore to find her. The harder he looked, the less he seemed to find until he came across a book called The Collector. If his hunch is correct, his professor, Claire Wallace, holds the key to finding his sister. But no one knows better than Claire that finding Meghan might be the least of Mike's worries. After he ignore ...more
Published February 17th 2015 by Robyn Lane Books (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Second Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Death

Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Vampires, family, revenge, cruelty, love.

This was a very different vampire story. And I definitely enjoyed it a lot.

Second Death was very cleverly written and despite how dark the subject matter seemed at times - dark? Maybe I mean grim - it still made me smile and cheered me up a little despite the week I'd had. The story took everything you think you know about vampires from pop culture and turned it on its head. With the help of a vampire lecturer in pop culture. I mean, HOW CLEVER?

I
Jacqueline Smith
They say you should never judge a book by its cover, but if I'm being honest, I totally do. And the moment I saw the cover to Emily Reese's Second Death, I knew I would read it. I didn't even know what it was about. But isn't that the purpose of a good cover? To draw interest and make the reader want to read?

Second Death is a spectacular Vampire novel, perfect for the autumn and Halloween season. But it's also a novel that you can definitely read all year round. Claire Wallace is a college prof
Christopher Godsoe
Oct 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Read a Young Adult Vampire Novel recently?

Read five?

While it's an unavoidable truth that since Stephanie Meyer's "Twilight" series reached shelves the Young Adult Vampire genre has exploded, there are still fresh stories to be had there. "Second Death", by Emily Reese, is just such a story.

Second Death eschews the common romantic trappings within the first five pages-This is a Vampire novel that is more "Seven", than "Twilight"-definitely a good thing in my eyes.

When Emily asked that I take a lo
Alex O'Connell
Oct 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed Second Death. The plot was original and inventive; the characters naturalistic and well delineated. The prose was commendably robust and always extremely well written. I would have no hesitation in recommending the book very highly indeed and look forward to the next offering from Ms Reese with anticipation.
Anna
Oct 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read, loved the different take on the vampire species, can't wait for a follow up!
Meghna Jain
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can also find this review on my blog.

Are you a big, scratch that, a HUGE vampire fan? But are you also bored of reading the same old vampire books with basically the same plot?
Well then, you’re in luck!

Second Death is an entirely different book than any other vampire novel and I can assure you that. How? Because, like you, I am too a huge vampire fan. Emily broke free of the rules that vampire books normally follow and gave us something new and incredible.

Were these my thoughts from the sta
Paula  Phillips
Are you still into Vampire Fiction and love reading Teen Fiction ? Then , you will love Second Death by Emily Reese as she delves into the "real world" of Vampires. The story is set around Claire and Mike. Six years ago Mike's twin sister Meghan vanished and he swore that he would not rest until he found her and now six years later, he may have a clue with the book known as "The Collector". Mike enlists the help of his professor Claire , but will she help Mike as she knows more than she is lett ...more
Kelly Mccurdy
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
~~I received this in exchange for my honest opinion~~

This book was very easy to read. Its about vampires. No not the sparkly ones, nor the kind that burn up when they are in the sun. These are just vampires. This is how I picture vampires. This book takes you on a wild ride to find Mike sister that has been missing for 6 years. Claire is there to help him along the way. But, what Claire thinks is a helping hand, is not what it seems.

This book took me on a ride, and I was very sad when it stopp
Kc
Jennifer Lee
Mar 14, 2012
anastasia
Mar 29, 2012
Emily Reese has a degree in Communications and uses it to wordlessly command her pug and two cats to ceaselessly torment her exasperated husband. Their 5-year-old daughter tends to observe this with an amusement bordering on the psychotic. Their newborn daughter does not seem overly concerned by any of it. She finds joy in the little things: sniffing babies heads, watching tiny goats jump like idi ...more
More about Emily Reese...

The Second Series (2 books)
  • Second Life (The Second Series, #2)