Start by marking “Snow Place to Die (Bed-and-Breakfast, #13)” as Want to Read:
Snow Place to Die (Bed-and-Breakfast, #13)

Snow Place to Die (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #13)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  576 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
There’s snow place like homicide

B&B hostess Judith McMonigle Flynn’s ready to hang up her oven mitts, but irrepressible Cousin Renie needs help catering the telephone company’s annual winter retreat at secluded Mountain Goat Lodge. The pay’s good, the scenery’s to die for—but they never figured there’d be a killer cooking up mischief among this innocuous stew of corpor
Mass Market Paperback, 277 pages
Published October 1st 1998 by Avon Twilight Books

To ask other readers questions about Snow Place to Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snow Place to Die

A Christmas Carol by Charles DickensThe Snow Child by Eowyn IveyThe Night Before Christmas by Clement C. MooreMurder on the Orient Express by Agatha ChristieStopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost
Snow
224 books — 52 voters
At Bertram's Hotel by Agatha ChristieThe Best Man to Trust by Kerry ConnorMurder, She Barked by Krista DavisA Rule Against Murder by Louise PennyThe Clue of the Linoleum Lederhosen by M.T. Anderson
Hotel Mysteries
38 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Susan
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Boggles the mind and defies any kind of logic or rational thinking.
Johnny
Jun 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Mary Daheim’s “Bed and Breakfast” mysteries always seem like more restrained West Coast versions of the kind of comedy mysteries that Joan Hess writes. There are almost always memorable characters but they are never quite as exaggerated as those in Hess’ novels. There are almost always comic situations, but they are more like the chuckles of “The Andy Griffith Show” than the outrageous guffaws of “Mama’s Family.” In short, there are times in Hess’ delightful works that I have to consciously susp ...more
VJ
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Better than the last book, that's for sure! I didn't see any of this coming, although I should have. This book humorously and sometimes bumblingly describes why I refuse to consider management. Dumb dumb dumb people who don't care about anything but wielding power and making money. Blech!

I was beginning to feel like someone made a new "Clue" movie starring Judith and Renie!
Lisa Morin
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge fan of this series and this is one of my favorites. I can't help but laugh out loud at some of the crazy and zany situations the cousins get caught up in. I love the cast of characters in this book.
Judym
Feb 17, 2014 rated it liked it
An entertaining little mystery story with lots of dead bodies.
Marti
Jun 21, 2012 added it
Passed on to me from Mom.
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellant storyline; kept good pace! I dont't like the main charectors husband--he is self-involved-YUK!
The Badger
Jul 04, 2016 rated it liked it
I have an affinity for cozy mysteries. They generally aren't written in pursuit of a spot on the bestseller list; rather, cozies are written to give the reader a sense of comfort and calm (ironically, by way of murder).

My mom read cozies to escape her three eccentric young daughters and grumpy husband: one daughter, the artist, painted five-foot tall green flowers on the side of the freshly painted rental when she was four; the adventurous daughter asked which way north was, and was found by ne
Nancy Zorn
Dec 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This was a pleasant murder mystery in the Angela Lansbury, Murder She Wrote vein. I certainly won't keep this book nor will I seek out other books by this author. Should I come across another Mary Daheim novel in a hand-my-down book bag, however, I won't hesitate to give it a go. The kind of book that's nice when you want to lighten things up a bit.

Oh yeah. One more thing. On page 60, the character Renie tells her cousin, "Quite a few of the guys who are employed at lower management levels in co
Lynn Demsky
Oct 08, 2016 rated it did not like it
Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn. When Judith and her cousin venture off to nearby Mountain Goat Lodge to feed and entertain a group of phone company big shots on retreat, the attending executives begin taking permanent vacations, one by one.
I gave up on page 177! With the beginning of almost every chapter, one more of the Board members was murdered ---this time one was shoved out the window – (of a 2nd floor) snow was so deep that it held him up as a ledge ---he froze to death and when they opened
Elizabeth
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Just finished Snow Place to Die (Bed and Breakfast #13) by Mary Daheim. It takes place at Goat Mountain Lodge where murder and mayhem reign. Two cousins cater and organize a company function that gets extremely complicated with murders happening. Mary Daheim is from my area so enjoyed her vivid descriptions of mountain settings. Snow Place to Die (Bed and Breakfast, #13). by Mary Daheim
Linda
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenge, bingo
Classic locked in the old house mystery, except this is snowed in at a lodge. With quite a few more bodies than normal it kind of reminded me of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. Judith and Renie do a good job sleuthing when they get snowed in at the lodge with a corporate team there for a retreat.
Diane Falvey
A Telephone company's weekend retreat where Renie has to make a presentation. She drags Judith along and a blizzard sets in. Judith finds the first body outside the lodge and then the bodies just keep piling up. Will the blizzard stop so that they can get out of the lodge alive. while stranded the girls decide the only thing to do is to solve the puzzle and find out who was murdering the phone company's executives.
Sallie
Nov 13, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
I have a pile of these mysteries by Mary Daheim near my bed - all from the used books side of my bookstore. Can you tell I've decided to read lots of mysteries I have in my TBR pile and move 'em outta here?

I liked this one a bit more than some of her other B&B mysteries, although the body count was really rising fast most of the book. I always get hungry and very thirsty (for more than water) reading these books.
Jeanne Quigley
Jan 04, 2015 rated it liked it
This installment isn't as zany as others in Mary Daheim's Bed-and-Breakfast series. It's an absorbing story with a classic setup: a small group of people trapped in a remote location. Daheim, as always, creates distinct characters and an intricate plot that Judith Flynn, with help from her cousin, Renie, methodically unravels to solve multiple murders. Very enjoyable.
Victoria
Jan 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
This is a cozy mystery series centered on a woman who runs a bed-and-breakfast. I don't know how many I have read but several, for sure. I had to force myself to finish this one. I honestly began to surmise, about a quarter of the way into it, that it wasn't even written by the same author as the others I'd read. Might try another one. You never know.
Belinda
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have read so many of Mary Daheim's B&B mystery series that I feel like i know the cousins. There were a few plot items that I thought quite improbable, but all in all, it was an enjoyable read and I will read more of her books. Judith and Renie are people I know well.
Audrey
Ten Little Indians meets Mad Men. Very very readable because Judith and Renie are awesome together, spoiled only by lag towards the 3/4 mark and a frankly unnecessary last four pages. No one cares what Joe thinks, Judith. Now go call your cousin.
Pam Bales
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, cozy
More Judith McMonigle Flynn and her crazy cozy Renie are always beset by murders. Judith is in trouble with the Bed and Breakfast group since she so often has dead bodies in the proximity of her B&B. This is a great cozy read. Good characters - male and female, and puzzles to solve.
Aubree Bowling
Jul 09, 2011 rated it liked it
I love this series, I'm excited the online library had an ebook copy of it!
Katie Taylor
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
June
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Needed a break from Religion and the Rise of Capitalism. And reality...
Lollyletsgo
Aug 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Solid writing, as usual, and I loved the characterizations of the corporate world, and the way some people dismiss a "nobody" thinking those with a corporate title are more than.
Krystle Kouture
May 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries, cozy
Loved reading about winter and snow in the middle of summer when it's so hot! Good mystery with wider plot/themes. Ended up a bit up in the air for my tastes.
Nothing Like A Good Book!!!! Wood
LOVE A GREAT COZY MYSTERY!!!
Sherri
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Had to make a list of characters to keep everyone straight. Other than that it was great!
Jennifer Organ
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read so many books, it is hard to tell what happened.
Jenn
Dec 07, 2014 rated it liked it
I kinda got lost with all the characters and their working titles in this book. I should read the first book in this series to give the series a chance.
Ellen
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Superficial but okay
Katelyn
Oct 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Enjoyable
  • Father's Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #10)
  • Wreck the Halls (Home Repair is Homicide, #5)
  • White Elephant Dead (Death on Demand, #11)
  • Silence of the Hams (Jane Jeffry, #7)
  • Truffled Feathers (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #2)
  • The Labor Day Murder (Christine Bennett, #10)
  • Statute of Limitations (Posadas County Mystery, #4)
  • Daughter of Deceit (Family Tree, #3)
  • Manor of Death
  • Desert Shadows (A Lena Jones Mystery #3)
  • Shadow Bones (Great Lakes Legends, #2)
Seattle native Mary Richardson Daheim has been fascinated by story-telling since early childhood. She first listened, then read, and finally began to write her own fiction when she was ten. A journalism major at the University of Washington, she was the first female editor of The Daily where she attracted national attention with her editorial stance against bigotry.

After getting her B.A., she wor
More about Mary Daheim...

Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Just Desserts (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #1)
  • Fowl Prey (Bed-and-Breakfast, #2)
  • Holy Terrors (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #3)
  • Dune to Death (Bed-and-Breakfast, #4)
  • Bantam of the Opera (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #5)
  • A Fit of Tempera (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #6)
  • Major Vices (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #7)
  • Murder, My Suite (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #8)
  • Auntie Mayhem (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #9)
  • Nutty as a Fruitcake (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #10)