Start by marking “Chasing Paradise (Alpine Woods Shifters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Paradise (Alpine Woods Shifters, #2)

Chasing Paradise

(Alpine Woods Shifters #2)

He’ll do whatever it takes to earn back her trust.

A vacation is exactly what Ethan needs to escape the mate hungry females in his pack. Determined to have fun, he can’t think of a better way to start than sampling all the different flavors the shifter only resort has to offer, and not the food variety. But after he meets Gwen, no one else holds any interest for him. Ethan
Published August 1st 2011 by Lyrical Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Paradise

ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Chasing Paradise has all the usual tropes for this kind of story. In this case, though, they are as simplified as they can be, especially the soulmate one. Unlike some people, I find the soulmate theme comforting and I usually enjoy it a bit more than this.
I liked the idea of otter shifters a lot. They are cute.
Bianca
Dec 13, 2011 rated it did not like it
1 star.
Why? Because it was too easy. He hurt her horribly, but she loved him and the sex was great, so all's forgiven in about 10 pages. NOT. An hurt person (especially a woman whose feelings and hopes have been crushed that badly) can carry rancor for ages. Add to that that this idiot gives no thought to taking her from her family, but simply states that she'll go live with his... He should at least have had to work a little harder. I mean, having this whole predestined mate thing going on, it
Talltree
H was an azzhat and a horndog. Honestly without the fated mate thing I believe H wouldn't have given the h a second look and would have happily continued whoring around.
Liked the h though, she was awesome and deserved a guy who wooed her and made her laugh not cry so much, someone who treated her as the precious mate she was and was all in from the very first.

Recommended for readers who like a grovelling H. 3 stars.
Tania
The Alphine Woods Shifters series follows a world where shifters exist in many different forms. Not only do you have the predatory shifter animals but you also have a range of other shifter types. I found the concept of an otter shifter to be charming. Gwen is a beautiful, curvy woman who has been looking forward to finding her mate for a long time but never imagined she would end up with an alpha wolf. And Ethan, who had run away for a holiday in the sun in order to avoid pressure to become mat ...more
Meaghan
Nov 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is the second novella in Sondrae’s Alpine Woods Shifters series and was just as steamy as the first one. They are novellas so everything does happen a little quicker than it normally would, but am still enjoying them.

I loved Ethan when we met him in the first book and was looking forward to seeing what kind of woman was going to keep his attention. He is sarcastic and another alpha male who is used to getting his way. His mouth does get him in trouble a couple of times, but he is still very
Sally
Sep 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011
This sequel to Arctic Winds is an excellent read. Chasing Paradise is the story of Ethan and Gwen and how miscommunication leads to a lack of trust in a mated relationship. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, I found I got to know the main characters really well and although the other Callahan family members were not involved in the story much, nor the town of Alpine Woods, you still got a small insight into the pack matrix and how important family and loved ones are to them all.

Sondrae Benn
Laurie Garrison
Aug 01, 2011 rated it really liked it

Chasing Paradise is a good steamy romance. I liked the fact that it was hot and quick to read. This story could most definitely be standalone from the first book, but I do suggest going back to the first one if you just read this one.

I took a liking to Ethan from the start. He is alpha and all male. His male side shows up right off the bat. You know how they run their mouth and get themselves into trouble? Well, Ethan says something and Gwen hears it and well she takes him on a little chase.
Ne
Rinny Rainwind
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the Alpine Woods Shifter series. This is the story of Ethan and Gwen. Ethan was a bachelor who didn't want a mate. Gwen was a manager of a seaside resort for shifters. After one night of passion, Gwen knew he was her mate. Ethan on the other had was wanting to fight the truth to the end. What will that cost him in the end? He finds out when she hears him denounce their mating. Her world has changed forever.
ML
Oct 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
I can't seem to resist a bit of brain candy after a classic. You think I would learn my lesson, but no. This book was just what I expect - over-trite, under developed, rushed, and sexy. With a splash of "shifter" lingo.

Just what the doctor ordered.
PepperP0t
Second of five siblings, and second premier of the Arctic Wolf pack, Ethan, decided it was a great time to geet scarce when his elder brother mated a fox recently. Every pack female he wasn't related to decides its time Ethan mated her. What better place to escape the madness at home than a shifter's only resort where everyone was just out for fun?

Otter shifter Gwen laments her mating and biological clocks as she reprimands her staff for skipping work to frolic and preen in front of a handsome
Diane
Apr 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and sexy

second in the series and as cute and sexy a paranormal story as the first. Engaging but really a light read.
Lori Chaloner
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Too short but love it!
Katya
Dec 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Dec 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
If you’re looking for a quick but satisfying read that easily submerges you into a magical world of the paranormal, than Sondrae Bennett’s Alpine Woods Shifters series is for you!

Sondrae continues the series following the Callahan family, werewolves from Alpine Woods who are leaders of their pack, with Chasing Paradise. After his older brother, and premiere of the pack, finds his mate all of the unmated she-wolves are now after second in command, Ethan, hoping to be his one and only. But Ethan
Jenn
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
2.5 star rating

What I liked about this book:
1. Fast Paced
2. Can be read in one sitting
3. Dual POV
4. Pretty clean read where language is concerned.
5. Ethan

Ethan wants to get away from the claw clutching hungry females in his pack. The women want one thing, and that's to find a mate. Ethan is all for NOT wanting a mate. He takes off to a resort in California run by were-otters. (<----That makes me laugh just typing it.) Anyway, while he's there Gwen literally runs in to him, although he origin
Kirsten Brown
Aug 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: batina, paranormal
Ethan is tired of the female shifters in his home town, chasing his tail. so he goes on vacation. He goes to a hotel in California looking for no strings fun. Instead he finds his mate. They spend the night together, but his fear of no longer being free has him confused. He leaves her and pretty much rejects her. She then leaves him. He then pretty much spend an entire novel trying to make it up to her.

Great Novella. I liked that even though they are mated, it is not necessarily 'love at first
SheLove2Read
Feb 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
Chasing Paradise is the second in the Alpine Woods series but can be read as a standalone. I personally enjoyed it more than the first entry. This is a novella so everything happens fairly quickly, but it's a perfect example of how powerful mere words can be to a person, and the devastation they can cause to a relationship.

I hurt for Gwen, basically hearing her Mate publicly proclaim she "wasn't good enough for him", even though Ethan didn't mean the words at the time and was only speaking out
Kelly at
Nov 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Review coming soon.....

quick summary.... Ethan YUM!!!!!!
Can't wait for the next book. Really love the world that Sondrae created.

You know what they say “The bigger they are the harder they fall” or “You can’t run from fate”. Well someone should have shared these quotes with Ethan.

Okay, I fell in love in with Sondrae’s Alpine Wood Shifter series with book 1 Arctic Winds (see my review here). But Chasing Paradise was even better. Loved Ethan. Loved Gwen. Loved Ethan’s family’s reaction not only
L M
Aug 31, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This is a new author for me.
I bought this book because I liked the blurb and it was a great price. What a good surprise.
A well written, solid, very enjoyable story that actually did not have me saying out loud "oh for goodness sake".
I enjoyed the fact that Gwen did not forgive him in five minutes like in some other books, she made him work hard at his apology and boy did he.
Enjoyed meeting both Gwen, an Otter shifter, how cool is that and Ethan, a wolf shifter as they both came across
L.M.
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was refreshing to have a story that only had the two leads cause themselves grief. It's not your usual someone try's to get the girl out of the way so an ex lover can step in. I enjoyed the first book as well and can't wait to start the third in this series! Thank you for such a wonderful story!
Mlleelizabeth
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Nikki
I really liked this second book in the Alpine series. I have to say, I was a little thrown at first with the Gwen being an otter, but I do like how the author has a variety of animal shifters, rather than the typical wolf. Ethan had his moments where I wanted to smack him, but in the end redeemed himself quite nicely! On to the third in the series!
The BookChick
Not a bad read. But again there were a few editorial challenges with this one. I didn't like this story as much as Arctic Winds but it was a quick and uncomplicated read.
Patti Ashley
Love these shifters

Ethan has gone on vacation now that Jason is off the market, the female wolves have set their eyes on him. At a shifter resort he meets an otter that he knows is his mate. Since it is Ethan, the road to romance is full of potholes. Writing is superb. The tension is based on a flimsy overheard conversation and resolved rather easily.
Michelle Louise
Nov 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! It was a whirl wind of emotions and twists and turns. When I started reading this book, Ethan so reminded me of my cousin who is such a Player, I though this would be awesome. And oh boy was I right! I really don't want to spoil it for you but I will say that we will get to see how Jason and Samantha are getting on :)

So can't wait to read the next book!
Puna
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
He actually talked crap about her to someone she worked with, an employee. And all she did was run away & cry. He needed to work wayyyy harder and she needed to stand up to him. Could have been so much better.
Mar 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Loved reading more about alpine pack. Really didn't like Ethan to start with when he had one night stand then said awful things but he def made up for it. Just would like some babies in series. Great HEA.
Betsy
Dec 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, shapeshifter
I love that Sondrae Bennett explores different shifter animals. In this case the heroine is a otter-shifter. That fact alone makes it a fun and interesting read.
Stephie
Mar 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Another great story of this series. It wasn't very deep, but it was short and easy to read and it made me feel good.
rm2h
Oct 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Another good one. I hope this series continues.

• Leashed by a Wolf (Shifters of Hillside, #1)
  • Foxy Lady (Cougar Falls, #3)
  • Falke's Captive (Puma Nights #2)
  • Pack Territory (Were Chronicles, #3)
  • White Wolf (White Wolf, #1)
  • Ready to Run (Werewolves in Love, #3)
  • Were Love Conquers All (Were Trilogy, #3)
  • Cat Scratch Fever
  • The Alpha (Vanguards, #2)
  • Skylar's Devotion (Roxie's Protecters, #4)
  • Storm Warning (Triple Trouble, #2)
  • Wolf Tracker (After the Crash #3)
  • Alpha Wolf (Westervelt Wolves, #5)
  • Alpha Turned (Wolf Appeal, #1)
I love romance. I love reading romance, living romance (who doesn't), but I especially love writing romance. There's no greater feeling than watching my characters come alive in each other's arms. Most of all, I love giving my characters the happily ever afters they deserve, with a little necessary drama first.

When I pick up a new book and can sink into the story, immersing myself in the emotions

Alpine Woods Shifters (6 books)
  • Arctic Winds (Alpine Woods Shifters, #1)
  • The Wolf Within (Alpine Woods Shifters, #3)
  • Worth Fighting For (Alpine Woods Shifters, #4)
  • Covert Desires (Alpine Woods Shifters, #5)
  • Brink of Passion (Alpine Woods Shifters, #6)