Start by marking “Vicar's Daughter to Viscount's Lady (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Vicar's Daughter to Viscount's Lady (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #2)

Vicar's Daughter to Viscount's Lady (The Transformation of the Shelley Sisters #2)

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  332 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
From prim and proper…

Seduced, abandoned and pregnant, Arabella Shelley is determined her baby's father will support them. Horrified to discover his death, she is shocked at the demand of his brother, the handsome, inscrutable Viscount Hadleigh. To legitimize her unborn child, she must marry him, instead!

…to pleasured by the viscount!

As Bella struggles with her unfamiliar,
Published August 23rd 2011 by Harlequin (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Vicar's Daughter to Viscount's Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vicar's Daughter to Viscount's Lady

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This book is a storyline about two people who end up starting a marriage under less than ideal circumstances. Arabella is pregnant by a man who lied to her, used her, and abandoned her. Leaving her pregnant. She tracks him down to find he has died, and gains an audience with his younger brother. Elliot has fought to find his own path instead of living in his brother's shadow. And he's done a spectacular job. While Rafe lived a dissolute, selfish life, Elliot sought a productive one, full of phys ...more
Caz
In my opinion, Louise Allen is one of the consistently good authors in the Harlequin Historical stable, so I will usually at least consider buying her books as they come out. Last year, I think it was, I got a Kindle version of this title, but haven’t got around to reading it; so when I saw it was on my library’s digital audio service, I thought I’d give it a listen.

With audiobooks, of course the choice of narrator is crucial as they can make or break the book. Here it’s Jilly Bond, and I though
Sarah Mac
Decent writing & (unfulfilled) potential kept me going, despite the endless Little Misinterpretations bogging down a rather plotless storyline. The opening chapters were good & had me hooked, but then the action slowed to nonexistent to allow for Bella's endless angst -- no sooner was one issue resolved before she found yet another self-perceived defect with which to beat herself over the head, & that got old REALLY fast. Likewise, Elliott was a mimbo & blind to what should've be ...more
Dancer
Mar 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
From prim and proper…

…to pleasured by the viscount!

As Bella struggles with her unfamiliar, luxurious new lifestyle, and her scandalous desire for her stranger of a husband, will she find a love that matches the passi
Shawna Hansen
Nov 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sensual writing and great exploration of a tarnished start to a new relationship. Loved the soul searching and struggle to fulfill duty and find personal satisfaction. There was a scene where Arabella breaks free of her compliant facade and the writing was so well done, it made me love the story.
Jasey
Jan 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: harlequin-desire
Joanne
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Arabella who is a vicars daughter is seduced by Viscount Hadleigh and when she finds that she is pregnant goes to the babes father to tell him and have him support the baby. When she arrives at Viscount Hadleighs estate she finds that the babes father is dead and that his brother now holds the title. His brother decides to marry Arabella to legitimize the baby. Will Arabella agree to this plan?
Stevie Carroll
Sep 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second book in a series, which started out reasonably well. This one was much better than the first, and appealed to my love of external incidents creating tension by having two of my favourite disasters in one chapter. Now to track down the third part of the trilogy...
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: The Transformation of the Shelley Sisters
Melania Ramona
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency-ish
A sweet story. I liked both Elliot and Arabella. The book left me feeling warm and fuzzy and was a perfect light/romantic evening read.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Transformation of the Shelley Sisters
siriusedward
May 22, 2013 rated it liked it
another nice book from miss allen..nice writing style..and good H & h...with their struggles well written.. :) at the end of it..
Cherish
Nov 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable book!
Nightwitch
May 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-regency
The first romance novels I ever read were category romances at my grandmother's house on long holiday weekends. This has a lot more sex than (most of) those did, but the feeling remains the same - the hero and heroine willfully misunderstand each other and run around being silly; there are tongue-clucking aunts and head-shaking bishops; there are reliable friends and charming children; the heroine believes herself plain and the hero is charmed by her virtuous good looks; that kind of thing. Nice ...more
Mary Sorensen
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I did not realize when I checked this book out from an elibrary that it was one in a series. I loved the story and am read to read another one in the series. I do not believe I have read any books by this author before.
Ali
Jul 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Two-and-a-half stars. The first two thirds of Vicar's Daughter to Viscount's Lady more-or-less worked for me; I'd probably have done away with the prologue because it didn't do enough on its own to convince me that Arabella is pragmatic, religious, and/or overly put upon. I realize intelligent people make poor choices, but Arabella doesn't have a chance to prove her intelligence before she falls in with Rafe. On the contrary, she doesn't even think to question Rafe's "reform" when he demands pre ...more
BK
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Didn't really like this one. I did not feel connected to the characters or story.
Tonileg
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
Historical English romance with a spinster left to care for her aging bitter clergy father who takes her only chance to leave her home for a better life.
Miss Arabella Shelley is easily seduced by the rakish selfish Viscount Hadleigh during his short stay in the countryside, she is naive and finds herself pregnant after only one sexual experience. She is desperate to find Hadleigh before she starts showing and is thrown out of her father's home. So she travels to the home of Viscount Hadleigh onl
Cris
Feb 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historicos, regencia
O segundo livro das três irmãs fugidas.
A primeira fugiu com o namorado soldado para a guerra, ficou viuva e se casou com um ursão mal-humorado (adoooroooo!!!). A segunda irmã foi um pouco pior: foi seduzida por um visconde cretino, ficou gravida e acabou se casando com o irmão dele. E a terceira continua desaparecida...

Arabella, a segunda mocinha, corre atras do safado que a seduziu e engravidou e descobre que o cretino morreu de apendicite, e seu irmão é o herdeiro do titulo e dos bens. Elliott
Patacaisse
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Arabella est la dernière des trois filles (cf « le frisson de la passion ») qui soit resté avec son père.
Elle n’a de nouvelles d’aucune d’elles et voit son avenir sombre et barbant jusqu’au jour où elle rencontre Raf.
Raf qui est un homme séduisant et avec qui elle a une relation.
Elle s’enfuit de chez elle, enceinte, bien décidée à ce que Raf assume cet enfant même si c’est un goujat.
Elle arrive chez cet homme et là, elle découvre qu’il est mort et que c’est son frère qui a hérité.
Elliot est un h
Linda
Sep 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: from-library
Second in a series by the author that follows a trio of sisters bent on escaping a cruel and puritanical vicar. The older sister thinks she finds true love from a noble passing through her village. Instead, she finds herself ashamed and pregnant. Arabella Shelley wants the noble to support her and help her find her sisters. Instead, she finds that he's died and his younger brother is the new Viscount. Elliot is used to cleaning up his brother's messes and therefore he insists on marrying Arabell ...more
Ewa
Rather dull but decently written story.

Arabella was super stupid at the beginning, but she got a bit better as the story progressed. Yet just a tiny, little bit better, she still fell to my category of TSTL heroines.
As for Elliot, I felt like he was a jerk disguised as a good guy.

There was my pet peeve: (view spoiler)
Kim
Feb 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
Dull, uninteresting characters. The story was stupid and dry. The romance.....what little there was, was unexciting!! It's like this author is new at writing regency romance! Good grief what a waste of my time reading this drizzle!
Josee
Nov 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
The unhappy eldest daughter of an unhappy vicar, Arabella thinks she fell in love with a Viscount but instead she's tricked into bed with him. She tracks him down to London only to find out that he's dead, and meets his younger brother instead. Elliot insists on doing the right thing and marrying Arabella to ensure the legitimacy of her baby.

No surprises here. You know how the book ends; of course the ending seemed a bit far-fetched.
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
Secondo libro di una serie che si mantiene molto bassa XD Rispetto al primo mi è piaciuto meno, Arabella se possibile è ancora più scema ed ingenua della sorella Meg che seppur sedotta da un mascalzone almeno è riuscita a non portarsi dietro il fardello di una gravidanza! o.O Anche in questo caso la fortuna della sfortunata donzella girerà e riuscirà ad accalappiare un brav'uomo (titolato of course) disposti ad accollarsi paranoie e pargolo illegittimo ahahah XD
Kiki Belle
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
There's nothing particularly wrong with his book (beyond the usual men-are-possessive, I-should-have-been-a-virgin thing which was probably how people thought back then anyway) but it left something to be desired. It felt like it moved too slowly then sped up at the end for no real reason other than to make sure the baby was already born by the end.
Jane
This book is a perfect example of my shelf "she's just so naive". Well, I mean that the heroine Bella is.

Don't really know what to say about the book, since it was all a bit too meh for me. She flirts with a guy for a week, agrees to some playtime in the haystack, get's knocked up and somehow winds up getting married to the guys younger brother... That's about it.
Maura
Jan 11, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regency
England early 1800's Spinster (26!) knocked up by bad bad nable rake. Rake rejects spinster and then dies of a burst appendix. Rake's brother strikes upa marriage of convience and then love naturally. A bit predictable but overall an easy read.
Brittany
Jul 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: historicals
I am in just a historical fiction mood and decided to give this series a shot. This is book 2 in series by Louise Allen and I am excited to see what happened to the last sister. The only thing I did not love were the transitions between times and locations. It made the story hard to follow.
Amanda
Jan 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: brain-junk-food
This was a cute romantic story. Not a whole lot of fluff, with a leading lady you could actually connect with..... in a way. I really don't have a whole lot of bad or good to say. It was fun enough to keep reading and that made it worth it, I suppose!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 01, 2015 07:54AM
  • Unbuttoning Miss Hardwick
  • The Captain and the Wallflower
  • A Question of Impropriety
  • The Shy Duchess
  • One Unashamed Night (Wellinghams, #2)
  • Taken by the Wicked Rake (Regency Silk & Scandal, #8)
  • Mistress to the Marquis
  • Married: The Virgin Widow (Gentlemen of Fortune, #1)
  • How to Ruin a Reputation (The Rakes Beyond Redemption #2)
  • The Viscount and the Virgin (Regency Silk & Scandal, #5)
  • Bartered Bride
  • The Governess and the Sheikh (Armstrong Sisters #2)
  • Lord Braybrook's Penniless Bride
  • The Penniless Bride
  • Marrying The Royal Marine (Channel Fleet, #3)
  • The Borrowed Bride (Seavers Brides, #1)

This author also writes under the name Francesca Shaw.

I have had my nose buried in a history book - fact or fiction - for as long as I can remember, but even more important to me are the places and the objects that conjure up the past. My first attempt at historical fiction
More about Louise Allen...

The Transformation of the Shelley Sisters (3 books)
  • Practical Widow to Passionate Mistress (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #1)
  • Innocent Courtesan to Adventurer's Bride (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #3)