Start by marking “The Serpent's Egg (The Serpent's Egg Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Serpent's Egg (The Serpent's Egg Trilogy, #1)

The Serpent's Egg

(The Serpent's Egg Trilogy #1)

In the quest tradition of J.R.R. Tolkien, The Serpent's Egg begins as Ottawa lies under siege. Parliament Hill has fallen to dark forces. A group of children, led by Miranda, searches through the maze of caves and tunnels under the Library of Parliament. They are in quest of the magic needed to save our world and another, older world from Hate, the Demon, and her crazed mi ...more
Published December 17th 2002 by Fitzhenry & Whiteside

To ask other readers questions about The Serpent's Egg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Serpent's Egg

LizzyB
Apr 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book - loved by parents and kids alike. Cool that it takes place in the Canadian Parliament buildings - a place that we could easily picture.
Irene
L'uovo di Serpente è un fantasy per ragazzi. Forse se l'avessi letto da ragazzina mi sarebbe piaciuto di più, ma ora come ora ho trovato troppi difetti.
La storia è piena di potenziale, ma la realizzazione non è all'altezza. I personaggi sono bidimensionali e i rapporti tra di loro non ben caratterizzati. I continui cambi di punto di vista sono un po' irritanti, o forse è che non sono più abituata al narratore onnisciente.
Ci sono moltissimi elementi nella narrazione, ma non sono sviluppati a dov
Liana
This is a pretty generic story. ...I don't have a lot to say about it. It has a lot of big ideas, but doesn't quite hit the target. I felt that most of the potential was padded with cliches and loud-mouthed characters, who are unreasonably mean to each other here and there. It's not a bad story, it's just... generic.

I'm still going to read the other two books though. :)
Heather Louise
Author came to my school, so I got an autographed copy. Planning to leave it somewhere in Ottawa as part of the Book Fairies book drop. Maybe around the Parliament Buildings?
Rusu Ingrid
Ups I DNFed...
Karina
Mar 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Senny89
Jul 22, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Le tre stellette sono il voto che avrei dato a questo libro quando lo lessi a 11-12 anni. Forse è stato addirittura il mio primo libro fantasy in assoluto (tralasciando quelli per bambini alla Roald Dahl).

All'epoca mi piacque molto l'idea della protagonista, Miranda, che scopriva di essere una Prescelta (TM) e si trovava a viaggiare in un mondo magico popolato da genti diverse dagli esseri umani.

Andando avanti con la lettura la nostra prode (?) eroina scopre che nel mondo parallelo vivono druid
Steen
Apr 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi, youth
This is a cute story. I like the fact that that author is from Ottawa to and the story takes place in Ottawa. This was book was alright. There are two more to the series. I don't think I'll be reading them anytime soon. I liked the story though but it is for a 9-12 year old whom im sure think it's awesome :)
Francesca Orlandi
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Mitico!
Jess Amelia
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read this when I was younger (around 12) and I loved it. She really captivates you and brings you into this magical world she's created. I couldn't put this book and the rest of the series down.
Christina Bulgin
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well written story. Very creative connection between fantasy and Canadiana. Looking forward to book two.
Andrea
Sep 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
it was good, read it so many times! full of adventure and magic!
(can't be found in the library)
Meghan
Jun 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
Need to re-read this. It's been a while. But I remember liking it a lot as a child, so 4 stars!
Gershwyn
Dec 22, 2018
F. Wilson
Jun 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Chronicles of Faerie (The Chronicles of Faerie, #1-3)
  • Neither Here Nor There
  • Crooked
  • Zack
  • Wish Upon a Unicorn
  • After Hamelin
  • Spellfall (Earthaven, #1)
  • Camp X (Camp X, #1)
  • Beardance (Bearstone, #2)
  • RE: Play Volume 1 Manga
  • The Bridge in the Clouds

The Serpent's Egg Trilogy (3 books)
  • Burning Crown (The Serpent's Egg Trilogy, #2)
  • The Twisted Blade (The Serpent's Egg Trilogy, #3)