Start by marking “The Kissing Tree” as Want to Read:
The Kissing Tree

The Kissing Tree

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  881 Ratings  ·  211 Reviews
After five long years, Georgiana McLaughlin returns to the only place she s ever considered home---the same place she stole a kiss from Ridge Carson under the kissing tree; But this time he's a man, and reconciling their past is just the beginning. You'll find yourself applauding each new chapter filled with fun, romance, and adventure in this captivating, heartfelt tale o ...more
Published December 6th 2011 by Cedar Fort, Incorporated/C F I Distribution

To ask other readers questions about The Kissing Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kissing Tree

Lyn  Ching
Oct 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
FOR MORE BOOK REVIEWS, PLEASE VISIT MY BOOK BLOG AT www.readingtsinoy.blogspot.com
THANKS AND HAPPY READING!

The book starts with 12 year old Georgiana luring her friend Ridge under the massive oak tree, otherwise known in the community as the kissing tree, as a dare by her best friend Samantha. She happily obliged and kissed the one boy she has always fancied herself in love with. Then she left.

And 5 years later returns as a proper lady come home to help out her grandfather in his cattle ranch.
Pamela Todd
The Kissing Tree made me actually swoon out loud. Tad embarrassing when you’re on a train!

Five years ago, Georgiana McLaughlin left with her mother and brothers to visit with their aunt in New York City. No one told her they wouldn’t be returning to her childhood home in Colorado. Georgiana left behind not just the rest of her family, but her two best friends, Samantha and Ridge. Right before she left, Georgiana stole a kiss from Ridge…one neither of them forgot.

But now Georgiana has returned, a
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
This was a really sweet read. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Georgie was forced to move away from her childhood home and always longed to return. After five long years she is finally able to return to her Grandfather in Colorado. Once back she immediately runs into her childhood crush and the fun really begins. Georgie is a really likable character. She speaks her mind and yet is very sweet and loving. She cares deeply for her family and friends. Our leading man, Ridge, is also very l ...more
Sandy
Oct 22, 2011 rated it liked it
The Kissing Tree is a sweet, light love story for fans of clean romance. It put a smile on my face and kept me reading way past bedtime, which I truly love in a book.

However, this book should have been five-star read for me, and it didn't quite measure up. I LOVE books like this. I am a Marcia McClure addict, and this story in plot and writing is similar to her books. However, it's the similarities to Marcia's books that perhaps made me enjoy the story less...because no one can compare to the Qu
H.Lee
Sep 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Cedar Fort Publishing for review copy!

Giveaway of book found at the following link:

What an absolutely beautifully written love story. I had fallen in love with the characters right from the beginning.

The book opens with Georgie and Ridge under “The Kissing Tree” with Georgie trying to take Samantha up on her dare. To steal a kiss from Ridge. Georgie keeps playing through her mind how she is going to accomplish this task, but ends up just going fo
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Oct 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Honestly, there was so much to love about this book! I’m so happy to be a part of the blog tour for The Kissing Tree. My thanks to Cedar Fort for providing the opportunity and the book.

I’m a fan of historical fiction, so this was right up my alley. The story was filled with love and friendship, misunderstanding and reconciliations. The small western town feel versus the proper society, big city feel was perfect.

Georgiana’s poor young heart was broken when she was forced to move away from her ch
laninaki
May 16, 2012 rated it did not like it
This was a sad disappointment. I expected fluff - and welcomed it! - but this isn't even good fluff. It's total crap.

The Kissing Tree was recommended to me by someone who compared it to L.M. Montgomery and I am now 100% positive that that person has never even touched a Montgomery novel. Apart from being set in a similar time, there's nothing Montgomery about this.

Here's the deal. The Kissing Tree is poorly written, in need of editing, and attempts too many story lines (childhood sweethearts, c
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This is really a 4.5 rating. Too bad Goodreads doesn't have a way to do 1/2 stars.

I really love a good romance story. A story that reminds me what it was like to fall in love. The tingles that you get when you first hold a hand and the anxiety in whether or not he really loves you.

This is a really sweet love story. It is about two friends who are separated while young. They have the school age crush and somehow never really quite got over the other while they were spending five years apart.

This
Katie(babs)
Sep 26, 2011 rated it did not like it
What should have been a cute read failed miserably. This was poorly written and in need of some major editing. There was far too much info dumping and constant switching of POV to keep track of it all. Also the way the characters thought, especially in the beginning when the heroine is a young girl, feels off. The author gives her adult thoughts and words she wouldn't even be aware of, let alone use in everyday speech.

The heroine is so confusing with what she wants and her actions don't make sen
Ellen Sara
I'm a sucker for novels about childhood sweethearts reconnecting as adults. This was a very sweet romance.Georgie and Ridge were cute together. She did have a very bad and quick temper but it was fun watching him enjoy her outbursts. I liked the way things ended with Dawson although he jumped ship pretty dang quick. This was squeaky clean and fun. There is also some action in the plot to raise the emotional stakes. I also loved the epilogue. This was a fun read!
Katie W
Feb 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
So, so, so cute! Georgiana grew up in the late 1800s in Colorado, but was suddenly moved to New York (along with her mom and brothers) to live with an aunt when her dad died. Five years later, she decided to return to help her grandpa out. And guess who's his right hand man? Her old crush, Ridge.

It was sad to me that she lost touch with her best friend, but they quickly stepped right back into things. Ridge was great! Georgie was quite a tease and a lot of fun. Cute and clean!!
Kisty Powell
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Predictable but a clean romance novel.
Hailey
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story was so sweet, I loved the romance and the humor. I couldn't put the book down!
Jamille Parks
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I couldn't put it down and I'm glad I had a day off to finish it.
Ambur
Sep 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I first heard the blurb of The Kissing Tree. I thought that it sounded like a sweet story, and when I read it, I was pleasantly surprised because it was even better than I thought it would be. Not only did it have an incredibly sweet and romantic story line, it also had feisty characters with amazing chemistry! I also loved the historical element of the story!

I loved Georgie! She was such a fun heroine and she was so spunky. The only downside to her was th
Kassy
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
In the very beginning of the book a 12 year old, girl, named Georgiana is given a dare by her friends. The dare is to kiss a boy, named Ridge. She fulfills the dare and kisses Ridge. After that exact day Georgiana has to pack up all her belongs, because her family and her are going to New York City for the summer. Next, she is not told that this trip is not only a summer vacation, but will also become her new home.

Georgiana remains in New York City with her family, which includes a mother and s
☕ Kimberly
Oct 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The Kissing Tree is a delightfully sweet historical romance. Although a year is not given, it takes place in early American history. Colorado has been settled. Small towns have been established around farming and cattle ranch communities. Crystal Creek is just such a small town.
When the story begins thirteen year old protagonist Georgiana McLaughlin has recently lost her father to a tragic horse accident. She and her siblings, along with their mother are traveling to New York to stay with Aunt C
L_manning
Nov 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Georgie was dared by her friend to steal a kiss from their friend Ridge while under the "kissing tree." Georgie got her kiss, but soon she left town to move to New York City. After five years Georgie has returned home to help her grandfather on his ranch. Now that she's back, she has to face a grown-up Ridge. Georgie feels a lingering attraction to Ridge, but she also has a devoted suitor from New York. Georgie will have to decide what she wants from her life...and who she wants a life with.

This
Katie
Nov 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is s beautiful romance story. An easy read with a wonderful setting and the characters are fantastic.

Following the life of Georgiana from childhood to adulthood. She grew up on a cattle ranch in Colorado; living with her parents, grandparents and her two younger brothers. Her father has a terrible accident on the ranch and Georgiana's mother is so grief stricken that she cannot live there any longer and has to move to New York and live with her sister. She takes the children with her witho
Zoe and the Edge
I was immensely happy to read a good ol' Western romance. But there are quite a few things that I was unhappy about as the book went along.

I wasn't happy to revisit the old Southern belle/Irish airs. Georgie has a ridiculous temper and a ridiculous pride that goes off with clanging bells and whistles when she gets ticked off. Which is all the damn time. She left Colorado a country girl but she's come back as a prissy little miss. Oh, she still loves the dirt and roughing it out but her manners
edzkie♥§*.*§♥
"There you have it, Ridge Carson. She beamed down at him, proud she hadn't lose her nerve. I've stolen a kiss and you can never have it back!"

I'm a huge fan of historical romance, with Judith Mcnaught & Lisa Kleypas on my top list. So when i found this book with the same genre & cute plot i want to put it first to my TBR list.

The book starts with Georgie luring her childhood crush Ridge to follow her under the old oak tree also known as the kissing tree and try to steal a kiss from him
Jessica(WonderlandReviews)
Oct 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book was a nice change of pace from the paranormal and fantasy that often rule my library.
A sweet romantic novel kept my eyes glued to the pages and stole all of my attention and focus. After all, that is what a first kiss is about, it is something never to be forgotten. She tapped into the essence of hope and dreams while writing this book. Because most girls when giving up that first kiss give it up to someone they think will be the one, they hope will be there forever.

I know that even t
Stephanie Redwine
Oct 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book was a sweet story about a girl, Georgiana, who moves back home after the death of her grandmother. She moved to New York five years before the story takes place and she has never forgotten her original home in Colorado. She has grown into a remarkable, independent woman who has never been able to give her heart to a suitor, even though she has a wonderful man who is willing to do anything for her. When she moves back to Colorado she runs into Ridge, the boy whom she stole a kiss from w ...more
Misty
Nov 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Hinting suspiciously of Gilbert and Anne with an "e" and full of delightful colloquialisms, The Kissing Tree is a fun read with endearing characters that will make you smile. Ridge and Georgie think they're all grown up now, but they both still act childish around each other--because they haven't yet learned to accept each other as adults. As they reaquaint themselves with each other and come to terms with their lingering feelings, Ridge and Georgie also have to learn how to communicate now as a ...more
Annie  Trovato
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-reading
The Kissing Tree by Prudence Bice is a charming novel about falling in love. I absolutely loved reading this novel. It's a heartwarming-beautiful story that will capture your attention until the very last page. The narrator and main character named Georgiana is a spunky young lady who has to choose between her childhood crush and her handsome new beau. She is a wonderfully lovable character that makes this story great.

***Spoiler***
Georgiana moves from her childhood home to New York to live with
Colleen
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When reading this book, it took me back to the movie "Anne of Green Gables". Now I am sure that a lot of you woman out there know what I am talking about! Being as that movie is one of my favorites, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book! It has mischief, friendship, love, mystery and heartache. All the qualities you need for a great read. Ridge and Georgiana take you on a journey from when they were children in Colorado, to 5 years apart living in two separate worlds. I don't know if any of you ...more
Jocelyn
Nov 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a simply beautiful love story without the trash and still all of the suspense and wonder that defines a good romance. I loved the character complexities of this book. In a lot of romance novels, the characters are one dimensional and either good or bad, but in this book I liked that the author gave the characters more than just that shallow allowance. I felt like I understood even the secondary characters in this novel better than some main characters in other books I have read. It imme ...more
Darcus Murray
Sep 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: signed, arcs, ebook, own, paperback
The Kissing Tree was very good book. It held my attention from the very beginning and made me want to read more. I've never quite read a book like this one and I enjoyed it very much.

I loved Georgiana's character and the struggles that she went through. I moved around a lot as a child so I can sympathize with her predicament.

There was a bit of a love triangle in this book, but it was a refreshing take on the matter. It wasn't an over used situation and made you wonder how everything was going to
Meredith Miller
Dec 13, 2011 rated it it was ok
Just a fluffy, romantic novel set in Colorado during the stagecoach days. Nothing remarkable about this boy meets girl, etc book.

PS, I am not going to trust the reviews of the community of Goodreads. Too many people gushed over this book and it could have been written by a 5th grader. No substance,just silly romantic rambling.
Nicole
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun, engaging, and quick read! I really enjoyed the characters and was so glad that everything turned out nicely for all involved. I loved getting more background through "memory scenes", and I was totally thrown by a sudden plot twist, which made the story even better! I recommend this one for mature readers, due to some "swoon" material & adult-themed peril.
Clean Reads: The Kissing Tree Giveaway 1 14 Nov 02, 2011 11:21AM
Clean Romances: The Kissing Tree Giveaway 1 12 Nov 02, 2011 11:19AM
  • The Light of the Lover's Moon
  • Captive Heart
  • Montana Summer
  • Whisper Hollow
  • Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2)
  • Twitterpated