Start by marking “Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks” as Want to Read:
Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks

Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  131 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher

Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Spot a pack of wolves on the hunt in Lamar Valley, watch Old Faithful erupt, or paddle through Grand Teton's alpine lakes; all
Published February 1st 2012 by Lonely Planet (first published April 2003)

Be the first to ask a question about Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks

Kara
Mar 06, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the planning chapter as it gave lots of helpful hints to where/what/how to accomplish the things you should do before heading to Yellowstone. This book is jammed packed with useful information on the historical facts of the sites and what to skip during the busy season. Once we 'use' the book out in Yellowstone I'll add more to this review as to how much the book actually helps guide us through our journey into and around Yellowstone.
Julie
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction, vacay, five
One of the best travel books I've seen. Easy to follow and cross reference, great tips, and better maps than you get locally at the parks. We never would have known to look for the Firehole Canyon swimming hole without it for example -a very memorable part of the trip. Wish Lonely Planet did more travel books than the few I've seen!
Lianna
Sep 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lonely Planet has done it again. I had a few extra hours in the parks and this book told me the best spot for photos, wildlife, what to skip, even the best mud pots in Yellowstone. I would have missed 80% of the good stuff without it.
HBalikov
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have it on my Kindle. Definitely considering putting in in my backpack for Yellowstone. Detailed hikes and evaluations of trails, venues and alternatives.

If you are only interested in a "tour" this book is probably not the one.
Sarahlynn
Mar 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the writing style.
Christina
Sep 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Lots of great info on what to see in Yellowstone & how to optimize your time, as well as great list of hikes in Tetons. Very useful for my recent trip.
Kaye Dewar
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great guide book for on of my favorite places.
Karen
Dec 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Of the various guides I have (so I don't miss anything) this is the one I keep coming back to and continue to carry with me on my trips.
Keith Lane
Apr 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Had a number of guidebooks--all good in their own way. This was probably the best of them overall.
Andrew
Mar 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Admittedly I am biased, but this book was superb the first few years after it was researched. It's still useful, but now a bit dates.
Geralyn Jacob
Colleen
Feb 22, 2016
Tom M McConnon
Aug 24, 2014
rated it did not like it
May 21, 2015