Start by marking “Age of the Five Trilogy (Age of the Five, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
Age of the Five Trilogy (Age of the Five, #1-3)

Age of the Five Trilogy (Age of the Five #1-3)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  773 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Priestess of the White
Last of the Wilds
Voice of the Gods
Paperback, 1968 pages
Published July 23rd 2011 by Zatpix

To ask other readers questions about Age of the Five Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Age of the Five Trilogy

Alex George
Jan 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Truly one of my favourite trilogy of books, the way Canavan ties together the idea of religion, magic and real life gods is wonderful, the different races in the books are interesting and have significance within the story unlike the majority of other fantasy novels, a must buy, if you're rating this within Trudi Canavans novels I prefer it to the Black Magician Trilogy but they are both brilliant.
Chantelle Fourie (Odendaal)
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Priestess of the White introduces Auraya, the eponymous priestess, as she is initiated into the White, the five immortal servants of the Circle - the five Gods whose priests rule the northern half of the continent of Ithania.

Perhaps now would be a good time to say a bit about the Gods, because they're going to be quite important. Basically the Five Gods - Chaia, Huan, Lore, Yranna and Saru - are a bunch of Star Trek aliens, they're glowy energy beings (that is to say "beings of pure magic") who
Funne
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: regal
Der Kontinent ist gespalten in Nord- und Südithania. Im Norden herrschen die Zirkler, im Süden die Pentadrianer. Was sie zu Feinden macht, ist ihre Religion: So viele Gemeinsamkeiten sie auch aufweist, beide Seiten sind davon überzeugt, dass die Götter der Anderen reine Einbildung sind, und dass ihre eigenen Götter die einzig wahren sind.
Die mächtige Zauberin Auraya ist eine der fünf Weißen, also der Anführer der zirklischen Religion. Sie ist überzeugt von ihr und den Göttern treu ergeben. Doch
Veronika
Jun 07, 2016 rated it did not like it
Would give it 0 stars if I could have.

I picked up this trilogy, along with the Black Magician Trilogy as light summer reading based on a recommendation on this very site. They are both terrible, and I say this as someone who reads a lot of fantasy, and who really, really wanted to like these books.

The problem with both series (this one is worse than the Black Magician trilogy), is that the author writes nominally powerful and charismatic female main characters (in both trilogies), and the key wo
Katie Lumsden
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Age of the Five is a fantasy trilogy published between 2005 and 2006 (yes I know I’ve missed the boat by ten years; in my defence I’ve only just gotten into fantasy). The set-up for the first book is as follows. In a land ruled by five gods and their earthly representatives, The White, Auraya, a young sorcerer and priestess soon rises to the rank of White herself, joining four others to serve the Gods. Together they fight off the invasions of sorcerers from the South. However, this is not th ...more
Megan Callender-easby
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As with most of Trudi Canavan's books, all of these took a little while to get in to, but it was totally worth it! Once I was in, I quite literally had to restrict myself to the number of hours I could spend reading them. What I find about Trudi Canavan's trilogies is that I get very into them, speed through them, finish them way to quickly, and then suffer from a mild depression (and I use this term VERY loosely) and struggle to start a new book, because I feel such an attachment to the charact ...more
Daniel Wells
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I finished this trilogy sometime last year after picking up the first book on a whim. Brilliant trilogy with plenty of characters and character development. You can absolutely get lost in the world Trudi creates. My only one gripe is the plot starts to lose hold within the 3rd book and the trilogy abruptly ends without any climax and leaves nothing to the imagination.
Sarah Mosley
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
These books are fantastic fantasy novels that incorporate religion, magic and adventure. They explore the idea that there is more to life than just religion or magic and that the two can be combined. I love these books and I believe I will never grow tired of them. A must read for any fantasy lovers.
Karun Avaz
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Having read quite a few fantasy series, I wasn't expecting too much from this one. But I was pleasantly surprised. With a gripping story, and a protagonist who is easy to get behind, I was only left wishing for a few more magical battles at the end. But good read overall, especially the first two books.
Swati
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Canavan's characters are so real that they come alive in your head. It is amazing that she is able to give them so much depth. Her universe, her stories, and the relationships among them all are captivating. It's no wonder I finished reading all three books within days.
Claire
Aug 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book despite one of my favorite characters changing and pretty much leaving. Cant explain cos SPOILERS lol. Interesting situation with one of Gods, keeps you guessing at his motives. Also interesting to read about the Elai, I liked Imi as a character.
Sam Greens
May 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
fantastic characters. never wanted it to end
Danny Boi
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
my favourite series ever. I've re-read them many times
Sophie
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite
Absolutely loved this serious first series of this kind i read and fell in love with the characters and the world, re-reading the first one at the moment!
Sasha Moore
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is possibly my favorite trilogy. Another that I have reread. Trudi Canavan is masterful at her world-building with twists and surprises in each book.
Jerry Daskoski
rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2015
Rachael
May 14, 2013
  • The Rise of the Blood Royal (The Destinies of Blood and Stone, #3)
  • Das Traumfresserchen
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duelist, Vol. 21: Duel the Lightning! (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist, #21)
  • De zevensprong
  • Lessek's Key: The Eldarn Sequence Book 2
  • Futurama Adventures
  • Flüsternde Schatten (Libri Mortis, #1)
  • Unterland
  • Little Polar Bear and the Brave Little Hare
  • The Starlight Calliope (Whistles, #1)
  • Hinterland (Godslayer Chronicles, #2)
  • Das Geheimnis des siebten Richters (Neschan-Trilogie, #2)
  • Nemi - Vol. 3 (Nemi, #3)
  • How to Make a Tornado: The strange and wonderful things that happen when scientists break free (New Scientist)
  • Lotta's Bike
  • The Last Battle (DragonMaster, #3)
  • Das unendliche Licht (Die Chroniken der Nebelkriege, #1)
Trudi Canavan was born in Kew, Melbourne and grew up in Ferntree Gully, a suburb at the foothills of the Dandenongs.

In 1999 she won the Aurealis Award for Best Fantasy Short Story with “Whispers of the Mist Children”. In the same year she was granted a writers residency at Varuna Writers’ Centre in Katoomba, New South Wales.

In November 2001, The Magicians’ Guild was first published in Australia. T
More about Trudi Canavan...

Age of the Five (3 books)
  • Priestess of the White (Age of the Five, #1)
  • Last of the Wilds (Age of the Five, #2)
  • Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five, #3)