Jump to ratings and reviews

The ePocalypse: Emails at the End

It's the end of the world... but there's still time to send out a quick email. This collection features 33 apocalyptic collaborative short stories, written entirely in email format. The end is near, so you better read while you can!

450 pages, Kindle Edition

First published July 25, 2011

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Jessy Marie Roberts

49 books13 followers
Jessy Marie Roberts lives in a "haunted" house in Western Nebraska with her husband and their two dogs, Tucker and Snags. She grew up in Morgan Hill, California. Visit her online at jessymarieroberts.weebly.com.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews
Profile Image for Gwen Mayo.
Author 15 books92 followers
August 16, 2011
I co-wrote one of the stories in this book with my spouse so, as is my policy, I am stating my biases up front.

Now that my disclaimer is out of the way let me tell you what I like about this book.

The idea, it was great fun to try to think about what sort of emails the remaining people on earth would send after whatever disaster caused civilization to collapse had happened. The writers were really creative in picking the calamity. Chances are that if you pick your favorite idea of how the world will end one of them has written about it.

The teamwork, every story was required to have at least two authors. This made for interesting changes in tone and writing style. Having to respond to the last email by a partner in writing and continue the story where they left off kept me guessing how plots would end.

The outcome. Each story is unique. Once the authors had finished reading the entire book we voted for the story (other than our own) that we liked best. It says a lot about the quality of the stories that there was no run away winner. My spouse and I had trouble deciding which was best and ended up choosing two radically different stories.

The fact that this book has something for everyone. If you are looking for horror, romance, mystery, suspense, survival or humor you can find it in The ePocalypse, if only you can survive the end of the world as we know it.

Profile Image for Holly Ann.
35 reviews5 followers
January 25, 2023
I've been reading and watching horror and sci-fi my entire life. I practically live the genres. My library at home is decorated with horror iconography, and my gaming computer area with sci-fi.

That being said, The ePocalypse gave me nightmares. Straight up, the world is ending, nightmares. For days. As in, every day from the day I started this book. The ePocalypse covers everything you can think of in terms of the end of the world. Pissed off kudzu. Good intentions. Cruel intentions. Germ warfare. Chemical warfare. Mother Nature fighting back. Gaia. Nuclear warfare. Human stupidity. Various religious mishaps and prophecies. I'm not kidding. Everything is covered.

This book is absolutely fantastic. It's told in email format, and all of the stories are different, but not less believable. The writers of this anthology are top-notch, and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for an interesting read, somewhat off the beaten path.
Profile Image for M. Leon.
Author 18 books1 follower
February 15, 2012
I have a bias here. I co-wrote one of the stories with my cousin Rob Moran. This review doesn't reflect on our piece but the works of other authors in this anthology.

An interesting premise with an unusual approach. The variety of ways the world comes to an end and the ways that it is handled by the authors is a revelation. You may not like all the stories in this book but you will find more than one you will love.
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.