Start by marking “Ask Supernanny: What Every Parent Wants to Know” as Want to Read:
Ask Supernanny: What Every Parent Wants to Know

Ask Supernanny: What Every Parent Wants to Know

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  288 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Jo Frost, aka "Supernanny," is back to respond to all the new questions from parents who rely on her methods and advice. In ABC's prime time hit series and in her first book, Jo works magic on problem children. The Supernanny method gives parents the tools to tackle any problem, be it mealtime, bathtime, bedtime, bedwetting, homework, sibling rivalry, aggressive behavior, ...more
Published September 19th 2006 by Kingswell (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Ask Supernanny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ask Supernanny

~Bellegirl91~
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So I took child development and child care classes 3 years of my high school years and have worked with kids for years. Now at 26, never married or had kids, I feel like a mom with a 5 year on call babysitting/nanny job with different families in my area (all kids cousins) and this book is AMAZING! I've worked at a day care for a little over s year after high school (long story why I quit even though I loved it but it was paycheck issues let's just leave it there) and also watched the supernanny ...more
Elise
May 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: parenting
This is actually a pretty great book with lots of practical advice. Some of the techniques/methods are probably things you already do; however, she breaks them down step by step which really makes them seem not only manageable, but easy to remember in the "heat of the moment" ;). A lot of it is just plain common sense, but it just helps to reinforce things you already know sometimes!

Advice I want to remember:
-Only give ONE warning to a child misbehaving. More than one warning will teach them tha
Kayla
Dec 31, 2010 rated it liked it
After I got this book I went onto Hulu and watched a bunch of Supernanny episodes and I have to say: I like Jo. I like her methods, I like her ideas and I like her advice. Watching the episodes made this book easier to read. you can read it on your own, but you understand so much more if you've seen the techniques work.

As much as I love her advice when it comes to children, parents, teenagers and toddlers, it only earned three stars because this book proved that Jo has no idea when it comes to
Shelly
Nov 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I really liked this book. I pretty much read it cover to cover, which I usually don't do with this type of book. I admit I did skip a couple of small sections that didn't apply to me at all (like the one on nursing). I think she has a lot of great parenting advice. Now if only I could put it into practice, and whip my kids into shape.
وضحى
Mar 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: english-books
one of the greatest book i've ever read to help parents raise thier kids :)
Aug 18, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
It used to be when I found myself losing it in the discipline department I would watch a Supernanny episode and find myself reinvigorated. Often the show would have a sequence where a parent would spend and hour or more constantly putting their child in their "naughty spot". I thought If they could do that without losing it then I can do it for 10 minutes. Anyway I always thought that a Supernanny parenting book would be helpful to read. I did like the book, as she says herself what she teaches ...more
Chris
Aug 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: no-longer-own
I've been a big fan of the TV show Supernanny, so there should be no problem with seeing that I bought this paperback book a bunch of years ago. Figuring I'd eventually get to it, I tried picking it up at various times in 2007 (when I purchased it), 2012, and the most recent over the last few days in 2016. However, I keep wanting to put the book back down. The question and answer format that this book relies heavily on, is what's detracting me from reading this to the point that I'd like to shel ...more
Dana Veron
Feb 11, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: any parent of kids 1-10
Recommended to Dana by: BJ's
Shelves: non-fiction
We originally read this book to help us with some bedtime issues with our nearly 4 year old. Jo's techniques work well, and are explained in terms all parents can understand. Not only that, she answers many of the "what if" questions that often arise when trying a new technique out. I enjoyed her dialogue in the book so much that I read it cover-to-cover. I'll be keeping this one on my shelf for reference!
Nicole
Apr 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I borrowed the SuperNanny books from a friend to help with my willful toddler. They were great! I highly recommend them. I have started using the Naughty Spot she talks about and various other parenting strategies to help with troublesome areas. It seems to help, but I have only been using them for a week or so and don't expect immediate results for a while. But my daughter is showing an improvement on some days.
Colette
Jun 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Parents who want some good ideas for introducing discipline
Shelves: parenting, 2010
I think this book has some very good ideas. I like Frost's style... no nonsense, but still loving and fun. I think I might buy this one to refer back to as my children get older and go through different stages. She covers all ages, from infancy to teenagers. It's not super in-depth for all ages, but I think it's more of a style guide than a "here's exactly what to do in every situation and stage" book.
J.C.
Jan 27, 2009 rated it liked it
This book had some good suggestions but often left me wanting to ask more specific questions that applied to my son. Sort of like the "What to Expect" books in that it has a parent's question followed by Jo's answer, but it also has some general instructions in her techniques. Maybe my son is just more curious/stubborn/active than other kids but most things don't really work for him & those that do just take forever...
Elasha
Jul 07, 2014 rated it liked it
I read two books by Jo Frost and give them both a 3-3.5 star rating. Easy to read formats with helpful hints. What I take away from the Supernanny is this: discipline your children with firmness and calmness; to solve a discipline problem, make a plan and follow through; give your kids the structure they crave; and if you have more than two or three of them, good luck! :)
Leigh Shaver
Jan 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: busy parents
Just like the TV show, Jo answers questions, and describes her "techniques" for parents. Helpful ideas for lots of different parenting situations. Easy to read and very positive, hopeful! Also, nice to read about households much more crazy than mine!
Theresa
Feb 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty great book. It deals with ages 1-15, so there's not a lot of emphasis on toddlers, which was sort of what I was looking for. But, it provides information for this stage, as well as others down the road. So, overall it's not bad. A lot of what it says makes sense.
Cori
Jan 29, 2010 rated it liked it
This book wasn't quite what I had in mind but it has great references for tips and charts online that I found invaluable. Overall I'm glad I read it but it wasn't really anything new or life changing.
Dec 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
I love watching her show on tv, and have used a lot of her techniques for time outs and bedtime routines. I really liked this book, because it took questions that parents often ask and explained her technique step by step.
Mandy
Apr 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It gives so many practical, logical ways to deal with a child's behavior. I definitely recommend reading "Scream free Parenting" first. I think it gives you the patience and perspective to use the Supernanny's techniques.
Summer
Dec 08, 2008 rated it liked it
Overall well written and easy to read with lots of great suggestions. I personally find parenting in the area of preventing bad behavior more beneficial, whereas this book mainly talks about tactics to stop bad behavior. It was still a good read and I love her show.
Michelle
Jun 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
really LOVED her frst book 'supernanny'! read it in 2 days!! have just begun this one....am hoping to find specific answers to certain questions i have! sure wish she had a website so that i could email her direct when needed!!
Elsha
Sep 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Excellent, excellent book that any parent who has or ever will be concerned about providing structure, discipline, encouragement and praise in their child's life should read. I'm sure I will be re-reading in the future.
Kari Moore
May 26, 2008 rated it liked it
I love Supernanny, but I just wish I could have her come to my house for a day, instead of having to read her book. A lot of the information she gives we don't need yet, so I am sure I will keep referring to this book over time.
Tricia
May 28, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: parenting
Most of the information I already do and know....While this might be great advice for parents who have never read any kind of book of this nature, for those of us with "experience" reading parenting help books, this was not much help....
Fatima A.banajah
Apr 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baby-books
It is very helpful...
Rochelle
May 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Parents of Spirited Children!
Recommended to Rochelle by: Dr. Hamawi
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. There were a lot of constructive ideas on how to positively discipline your child. Although I don't agree with all of her ideas, I recommend this book.
Karen
Dec 17, 2008 rated it liked it
Actually quite a good no nonsense parenting book.
Lain
Dec 29, 2007 rated it liked it
I loved the Supernanny show, but I found this book hard to navigate. While it was well-written, it was hard to follow and difficult to find the information I wanted.
nicole
Jan 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit that I really loved this book. So practical and straightforward with advice I know I will one day use.
Kelly
Feb 23, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All parents
good practical tips for parents with young children.
Marva
Όλα καλά στη θεωρία, στην πράξη όμως τα πράγματα δεν είναι και τόσο εύκολα!!
Shurouq
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A must have basic book for every new mom & dad.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Successful Child: What Parents Can Do to Help Kids Turn Out Well
  • The 7 Worst Things Good Parents Do
  • 365 Manners Kids Should Know: Games, Activities, and Other Fun Ways to Help Children Learn Etiquette
  • Keep Calm and Parent On: A Guilt-Free Approach to Raising Children by Asking More from Them and Doing Less
  • The Way We Work: Getting to Know the Amazing Human Body
  • Obstetric Myths Versus Research Realities: A Guide to the Medical Literature
  • The Girlfriends' Guide to Toddlers
  • Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book
  • Too Much of a Good Thing: Raising Children of Character in an Indulgent Age
  • The Educated Child: A Parents Guide From Preschool Through Eighth Grade
  • The No-Cry Discipline Solution: Gentle Ways to Encourage Good Behavior Without Whining, Tantrums, and Tears: Foreword by Tim Seldin (Pantley)
  • Birth and Breastfeeding: Rediscovering the Needs of Women During Pregnancy and Childbirth
  • Natural Family Living: The Mothering Magazine Guide to Parenting
  • Lit From Within: Tending Your Soul For Lifelong Beauty
  • Good Nights: The Happy Parents' Guide to the Family Bed (and a Peaceful Night's Sleep!)
  • The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems: Sleeping, Feeding, and Behavior--Beyond the Basics from Infancy Through Toddlerhood
  • Immaculate Deception II: Myth, Magic and Birth
  • Raising Resilient Children : Fostering Strength, Hope, and Optimism in Your Child
Joanne A. Frost

"Jo Frost was catapulted to international fame when she became the star of a new reality show, “Supernanny.” She won the role over hundreds of other applicants when television producers were struck by her outstanding childcare skills, her sincerity and candid style that now help her to transform families and instill positive, lasting results. She debuted in the UK in the summer of 2
More about Jo Frost...