Start by marking “The Perfect Shot (Hollywood Headlines, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Shot (Hollywood Headlines, #2)

The Perfect Shot (Hollywood Headlines #2)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  1,215 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
Cameron Dakota is the L.A. Informer's staff photographer and paparazzi extraordinaire. Her latest subject is Trace Brody, top-shelf actor and half of America's favorite Hollywood couple. Trace is about to get married in a blow-out wedding, and Cams editor, Felix Dunn (from the High Heels Mysteries), has assigned her to get the first shots of the bride and groom. But when C ...more
Published October 2010 by Making-It (first published August 24th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Shot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Shot

Kerry
3.5 if I could. Can't quite give it a 4. Totally unrealistic, but funny and entertaining none the less. Good for an entertaining easy read.
Leslie
Feb 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little mystery, romance, and comedy. What more can a girl ask for??
Meg
3.5, nearly 4, as I did enjoy it as a light, easy read with likeable characters and a decent mystery with romance added in. What threw me were editing errors and some odd word usage.
LaFleurBleue
This second book in the series was also a pleasant and lighthearted read
Honestly even less realistic than the first, as the love story between the A-list start and the paparazzi was a bit hard to swallow. And that there never was any issue about her having to find another line of work was just too much
However I enjoyed reading about their discovery of each other and their budding attraction towards each other
Kimberly Hicks
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Kimberly by: BookBub
Shelves: read-on-kindle
Cameron Dakota is a paparazzi with a conscience. Working for the L.A. Informer, her latest assignment was to be the watchdog of hunky actor Trace Brody. Hidden away high up on a hill taking pictures of Trace had Cameron all too happy to be in the position she was in. In fact, her patience paid off when her trigger finger snapped several shots of her subject in his birthday suit. Felix, her editor, was going to scream with delight and surely earn her a raise.

After turning those photos in, she got
Kelsey Reif
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is entertaining all the way through. There are some definite elements where you can tell it was inspired by Janet Evanovich if you've read her books. The ending became a little obvious but still really cute. It's a fun mystery with greasy bad guys, a super hot Josh Duhamel looking leading guy and an awesome relatable main character.
Melissa
Jan 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I love Gemma Halliday's books. Seriously. I'm never disappointed whenever I read one!

Hollywood Secrets stars reporter Cameron Dakota, who is one of the paparazzi, set on discovering the dirt on Hollywood's stars. Her focus right now is Trace Brody, who is a hugely famous A-list actor, and is also engaged to marry Jamie Lee, America's sweetheart actress. But one night, while following Trace in hopes of getting some good shots, she stumbles upon a threatening scene, which leads her into a sinister
Jenn
Mar 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I got this book a LOOONG time ago when I first got my Kindle. It's a good thing I did. I'd previously read this author's High Heels series. I got that as a big bundle. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have continued after book one. I hated them. If I didn't already own this one, I never would have gotten it after reading that other series. So, I'm glad I did.

This was MUCH better. The main characters weren't complete idiots. Other than Trace not calling the police in the beginning, they weren't complete m
Rachel
I had such mixed feelings about this book. I really liked our leading male, Trace. He was grounded and rugged and sexy and all that a leading man should be. As for Cam, our leading lady, she kind of grew on me as the story went on. And Allie, I really just found her character annoying and useless and would have rather had Tina, from the first book, be the supporting character. I think I felt the same way about Halliday's other series. I got sucked in by absolutely loving the first book, then did ...more
Dani
Jul 06, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've really enjoyed this series, but I apparently read them out of order. It did not affect my appreciation of them one bit. Cameron is sassy and smart like all of Halliday's heroines. Trace barely resembles what you would believe a movie star to behave like. All in all they are a good team, except for that pesky detail of Trace's fiance. Any way the accompanying cast of supporting characters is funny, as always, and overlaps a bit with the rest of this series and the high heels mystery series. ...more
Joyce
May 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paparazzi is following Hollywood's 'hot couple' prior to their wedding. She sees the man, a major movie star, kidnapped by a couple of hoodlums and follows. This cat and mouse extends until the next day when she discovers him at his home. They join efforts to catch the hoods and get themselves extricated from the situation. A funny, quick read that is predictable but silly enough to make up for it.
Jen
May 20, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, mystery, e-books
I got this as a free Kindle download. This book has it all- mystery, humor, romance.
What happens when a member of the paparazzi gets too close to a big star's personal life? A chain of events that keeps you reading! The twists and turns of the story are great.
I think I fell a little in love with Trace while reading this book.Cameron is one awesome chic - funny and very human.
The writing style is great and quick to read.
If yoy like a funny, mystery-romance, pick this one up!
Jealisa
Sep 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Halliday has done it again bring back a worlld of mystery and letting us experience hollywood from both paparizi and celberity point of view while being kidnapped and accidently framing yourself for murder.
A hilarious story which is hard to put down with so much laughter it worth not getting any work done. time well spent. :-)
Candice Gilmer
Feb 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely adored it. Read the entire book in an evening. Could not put it down--tons of fun. My hubby had to tell me to go to bed.

And who wouldn't want to get lost in a book about wooing a Hollywood hottie? I know I loved it.
Gizzard
Aug 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 32013, 32013-owned
This was a mediocre mystery that will probably appeal to people who enjoy following celebrities. I thought the high heeled mysteries were better, but both are very far fetched. Good for free, but definitely not worth 5 or 6 dollars.

The mystery itself was silly.
Teresa Scott
I just love this series. Gemma is becoming on of my favorite authors.
Niki
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved It! All her books make me laugh...
Jill B
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
Tanya
Aug 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book was much better, but this was still a good read. I cant wait to read the third and see the world through Ali's eyes
Pamela Jo
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, love, love these clean, funny, entertaining romances.
Yvonne Crawford
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a short funny read and great if you love mysteries
Beth
Oct 10, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fluffy, predictable, yet enjoyable mystery.
Claudia
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun, entertaining weekend read.
Kristin
Cute series, I liked this one as much as the 1st in the series. I miss Felix though. In the High Heels series he was great, here he's been relegated to the background.
Wendy Soliman
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read. I like this lady's take on the absurdities of life in Hollywood. No idea if that's the way it is, but it sounds genuine!
Abby
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun summer read! Looking forward to reading the next book as well.
Jeannette
It was a bit slow at first but once they got into the plot it got better.
Elli
Don't judge. Sometimes you just need a beach book in March.
Rachel
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
A fast paced, laugh out loud story that I didnt want to put down. I am quickly becoming a big fan of Gemma Holliday.
Angel Graham
Jun 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star-books
To reviews: Will write review very shortly. Consider the 4 star to actually be 4 3/4.
  • Family Ties (A Cop in the Family, #2)
  • Anchors Aweigh (Calamity Jayne, #6)
  • Cool Shade
  • Scoop
  • Paper Hearts
  • Maddy's Oasis
  • To Seduce a Rogue (Southern Heat, #1)
  • A Proper Charlie
  • Spellbound
  • Ghost Stories: Four Chilling Tales from Beyond
  • Wedding Bell Blues
  • Some Day Somebody
  • The Last Good Man
  • Fashion, Lies, and Murder (Amber Fox, #1)
  • Against the Wind
  • Command Indecision (Lexi Graves Mystery, #3)
  • The Jilted Bride
  • Warrior's Bride
119376
Gemma had a hard time figuring out what she wanted to be when she grew up. She worked as a film and television actress, a teddy bear importer, a department store administrator, a preschool teacher, a temporary tattoo artist, and a 900 number psychic, before finally selling her first book, Spying in High Heels, in 2005 and deciding to be a writer.

Since then, Gemma has written several mystery novels
More about Gemma Halliday...

Hollywood Headlines (4 books)
  • Hollywood Scandals (Hollywood Headlines, #1)
  • Hollywood Confessions (Hollywood Headlines, #3)
  • Hollywood Deception (Hollywood Headlines Mysteries Book 4)