Start by marking “Itsy Bitsy ” as Want to Read:
Itsy Bitsy

Itsy Bitsy

Published August 16th 2011 by Thomas Dunne Books

To ask other readers questions about Itsy Bitsy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Itsy Bitsy

Start your review of Itsy Bitsy
karen
Mar 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: hey-shorty
this is just a tiny short story, but it is freeeeee! and, sure, it is all boastful and "LOOK AT ME I AM 65 PAGES LONG!" but know that fifty of those 65 pages are just samples from two of his other, full-length books. but a free story is nothing to sniff at and even though Little Star was one of the first things i ever bought when i got my NOOK and still haven't read, i did read this! so, BOOM! it's a nasty little comeuppance story about bad things that happen to a paparazzo, who is not entirely ...more
Rebecca McNutt
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
More weird than creepy or suspenseful, Itsy Bitsy was written by the author of one of the few modern vampire novels I actually like, so I was thinking I'd enjoy this short story too but unfortunately I just didn't get it. That's not to say it's bad. It was okay and I mean, who can complain when it was given away for free? I'm sure there's an audience for it but it felt very incomplete and the main character seemed to be getting beat-up about his candid snapshots in a way that just made me feel s ...more
Ellen Gail
It’s fine in the moment you’re reading it, but utterly forgettable. I won’t even remember this tomorrow morning. Talk about lack of impact.

At least it was free!
Jen
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
Meh. I understood what was happening to an extent, but didn't understand why and how. That detracted from my enjoyment of the story. Very supernatural/other-worldly with little explanation. And I felt absolutely horrible for the MC.

This was a freebie on the Kindle, with excerpts from two of the author's other books included. They seemed kind of interesting, but when I looked up the books to see more of what they were about, I lost interest. The zombie one could have been interesting, but they w
Kathy
Nov 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, read-in-2011
I am a huge fan of John Ajvide Lindqvist and was very excited when I saw this little gem available for free on Amazon. (I'm not sure how long they were doing that promotion, so I'm sorry for anyone that missed it.) What a suprise! Sure, the title made me think "spider" and I thought how cool a story about a spider would be, but I was mistaken....but that wasn't a bad thing. This story is one of those masterpieces that makes you wonder...what's going on? Is it real? Is the guy, Frank, losing his ...more
Alondra Miller
2.5 Stars

It was okay. What I thought would happen, and what actually happened in the end were two totally different things. I think my imagination was a better story.
Kandice
Nov 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Lindqvist's writing is spot on just like in Let the Right One In. I think my problem with this short story was simply that, my problem. This was a mind-blowing little tale, but it falls flat because Lindqvist answers no questions. I'm find with being left wondering, but this little tale leaves you not even wondering because you are given not information. None.

It's presented in a straight narrative, but is ultimately not.
Dustin
Dec 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Dustin by: Mallory

Currently $0 in Kindle.☺

Destined to become a modern classic, the short story Itsy Bitsy is guaranteed to make you think twice before you take a picture of someone in a bikini. In this creepy shocker, horror author superstar John Ajvide Lindqvist (LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, HANDLING THE UNDEAD) gives new meaning to punishing the paparazzi.

Marvin
Aug 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, short-fiction
I'm 50/50 with Lindqvist. I loved Let The Right One In but couldn't finish Handling The Undead. When I downloaded Itsy Bitsy, I thought it was another novel but instead it is a rather brief short story. Perhaps Lindqvist should note that shorter is sometimes better for Itsy Bitsy is a taut and somewhat surreal horror tale that entertains and disturbs. It revived my faith in Lundqvist as a writer that can move you in bizarre ways. It is too short to give away anything except it involves a struggl ...more
Marjolein
May 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

I really enjoyed the Swedish movie Let the right one in, based on a book by this author, so when I came across this free ebook on Amazon, I thought it would be a great way to get to know his writing.

The actual story is only about ten pages long (the rest is promotion of his other works) and the story wasn't that good. I admit I was curious to find out what was happening at first but the ending was really weird and I didn't feel like the
Zoeytron
Mar 06, 2014 rated it liked it
A surreptitious photo shoot should have been worth a cool million to the sleazy paparazzi photographer perched in the branches of a tree. A glimpse of an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini may prove to be his undoing.
Sarah Marie
Itsy Bitsy by John Ajvide Lindqvist

This short story follows a paparazzi looking to make money and save himself off of photos of two stars' love affair. Things take a deadly turn when the photos don't show what he originally captured on film. I personally didn't care for the main character, so I was kind of happy about what happened to him because I just couldn't support the actions he took to obtain illicit photographs. I am interested in reading more from this author despite not connec

Reading Reindeer Emigrates To Pluto
ITSY BITSY is a very short story loaded with the unexpected twistiness I've come to expect from this author, who certainly imagines the world in ways very different from Consensus Reality. (If you'd like an example, try his recent novel I AM BEHIND YOU.)

I sympathized with the feckless protagonist, a down-and-outer who just wants a break. Eventually he finds all of his problems solved, but in the worst way.

The ebook edition I read contains previews of two of his novels, HANDLING THE UNDEAD and
Renny Barcelos
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very short story that is in no way less creepier because of its length. Lindqvist is an amazing writer (and for sure the translators have their credit too!) so in my second book from this author I can already see that no matter what he writes, it will be greatly done.
This plot is so unexpected; I was not ready for the turn of events and it scared me a lot! Loved it.

Minel Hider
Feb 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
Don’t bother

Not worth your time. Glad that it was free, because I’ll never get that time back. So disappointing at best.
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
This short story was a fun and creepy read with an unexpected ending. The author quickly pulls you in and keeps you turning the pages until the end. -The Voluptuous Book Diva

#BeatTheBackList
Gabriel
Aug 24, 2013 rated it liked it
I am a big Lindqvist fan. I enjoyed Let The Right One In and stood up for Handling The Undead and Harbor is one of my favorite horror novels period. So I started looking around for this story, found it for free on Kindle and grabbed it.

What pushes Lindqvist horror above the pulp genre stuff is his attention to characters. He allows them time to breathe and develop and become very complicated people. In many ways, his treatment of the main characters in Harbor reminded me of The Haunting of Hill
Kevin
Nov 09, 2011 rated it it was ok
Real quick short story, seemed a bit disjointed and never had me hooked like I wanted to be. It did its marketing job, though, and dragged me next into the preview for a new Lindqvist book coming out, but that one didn't really do it for me either, so I guess for now I'm going to be content with loving Let the Right One In and not exploring the rest of his output.
Bracken
Nov 09, 2011 rated it liked it
It's not bad. I was a little let down by the length. Looking at the percent completed bar on my Kindle I thought it was a nice novella length work, but it's a short story with sample chapters from Handling the Undead and Harbor tacked on. It's a good story, but it definitely left me wanting more.
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
I think John Ajvide Lindqvist builds up the story good, unfortunately, I felt the ending was a bit of a belly flop. That's it? That's the explanation? It's not even scary, just weird.

Available on Amazon for free!
Deaken Ehlers
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Realized I had read this short story once I started reading it as it’s part of Let The Old Dreams Die, read it again anyways. I enjoy JAL and the way his mind weaves his stories together, recommend all of his written work.
David
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror
okay story, but it is litereally like 12 pages tops.
the rest of it is all previews of other books, i was expecting a novella.
Sue
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Maybe I’m having an off day but this short story didn’t appeal to me once I’d finished it. I almost held my breath while reading it anticipating that bad stuff would happen. I guess bad stuff did happen but it had no effect on my emotions which is a big disappointment because I’m of the opinion that this author is one of the better spooky story tellers out there. So this time I’m going with one and a half stars.
Anne (w/ an E)
I didn't care for this one. It didn't make much sense to me.
Debra Barstad
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Short story it was ok wished there was more detail on characters
Jennifer Wilson
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Clever, but brief.
Ranjana
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
A brilliant short horror novel
Elisa
Mar 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Short and well written... but didn’t really intrigue me, other than to get it off my to read list.

Kay March
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Deliciously predictable.

The tension is palpable, sensitive and though I could predicted his sorry end, I liked it as much to read it more than once.
Thomas
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, 2014, dark, e-book
First things first: "Itsy Bitsy" is a short story, distributed in e-format, comprised of 28 screen-swipes. Based on my limited experience with e-books, two page-swipes equals a page, so this is a 14-page short story masquerading as a book, because the industry hasn't come up with the idea of an e-short-story yet. I note this because I don't want to make it a habit of recording short-stories in my reading history (if nothing else, I see that a number of folks hit their "X-number of books read thi ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Where can I get a copy of this? 2 10 Sep 19, 2012 10:19PM

• Wolverton Station
  • Walking to Aldebaran
  • The Expert System's Brother (Expert System, #1)
  • The Murders of Molly Southbourne (Molly Southbourne, #1)
  • The Doors of Eden
  • Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville #1)
  • Anne Rice's The Vampire Lestat: A Graphic Novel
  • Nerve
  • Themes and Variations
  • Space Station Down
  • American Gods / Anansi Boys: Coffret, 2 volumes
John Ajvide Lindqvist (John Erik Ajvide Lindqvist) is a Swedish author who grew up in Blackeberg, the setting for Let the Right One In . Wanting to become something awful and fantastic, he first became a conjurer, and then was a stand-up comedian for twelve years. He has also written for Swedish television.

His Let the Right One In was a bestseller in Sweden and was named Best Novel in Trans

News & Interviews