Start by marking “Lyon's Price (Zodiac Cyborgs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lyon's Price (Zodiac Cyborgs, #1)

Lyon's Price (Zodiac Cyborgs #1)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  1,657 Ratings  ·  111 Reviews
Captured and en route to a medical facility for dissection and study, cyborg Lyon expects nothing but pain and degradation from his captors. But Samara isn't like the others, treating his wounds with care and igniting a fire deep within. When she neglects to ensure his cuffs are locked tight, all hell breaks loose. A hot, sensual hell against the cell wall. When his team a ...more
Published July 27th 2011 by Ellora's Cave Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lyon's Price, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lyon's Price

MelissaB
I enjoyed this sci fi romance. The hero was a cyborg and was nicer than the cyborgs in Laurann Dohner's Cyborg series (which I also like).
 B.E.Love
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really, really liked this book. In fact this is just what I was hoping it would be, though I do wish it had been longer so it wouldn't have ended so soon. This book does have instal-love but it didn't bother me. My only other thought is that I wished we had scene them talk more to each other in this book so we could have scene their love grow more. But this is a fun, fast book that I am so glad I found.
Sammy Loves Books
Warning: Sexy Cyborg Hotness!!!

makeout

Full Review to Come
Tricia Len
Second time around is just as good as the first!
Chappy
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a hot start to what I hope will be a great cyborg series. Super fast paced and quite steamy.

Can't wait for more.
Book Snob Sue
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Damn do I love great Cyborg books...and this one was really good....delicious. These two *shake my head*....whew. Lyon is a Cyborg who was caught and being experimented on and Samara was the nurse taking care of him. His Cyborg crew comes to break him out...but not before he has Samara up against the wall. Yeah, you read that right, these two...yummy. Anyway, he takes her with him and there is some drama with her old crew. She ends up saving Lyon and his crew and develops a bit of a fan club. Lo ...more
Romancing the Book
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, paranormal
Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reviewed by Crystal
Review Copy Provided by the Publisher

Lyon’s Price is a really great book. Yes it’s short but, it’s worth it. When I started reading it I got so into it that I hated when I got to the end. I hope she decides to write another story to this book so we can see what happens with the other characters.

I’ve read many books by Mina Carter and they just keep getting better and better. I love how she comes up with her characters and the story line that
Jaden
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
There were so many things I didn't like while reading this book, that I don't even know where to start.

Cold, bossy male lead and a hopeless pushover of a heroine just didn't bode well for me, even more so in their non-electrifying sex scenes. Their interraction was insufficient to say the least, the plot was lacking in many ways, and the story wasn't even a good erotica one to afford such drawbacks.

The author's writing was a shallow repetition of the same lines over and over again, which had bee
Paula
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So $5.00 is a bit high for a short (95 page) book, but some books are worth it to me. This has some really hot scenes and when Lyon and Samara start to understand each other things work out. I really would love a continuation of this story though because there is so much potential for a sequel. I just love the Cyborg/Human combination and the fact that now the colony will have a medical person available. Anyway I recommend this sci/fi erotic romance to anyone who likes this genre. To some who ar ...more
Coyora Dokusho
I liked this one! It had some development and attachment-formation to the characters. There were funny moments as well.
Brendy
Jun 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: rough-red, out-space
okay maybe its because I've been reading way too many short stories from Miss Carter, but being this one the second book - and as a more than 100 pages book- I've read, I was quite expecting so much more hot and strong scenes.
There a so freaking great hot scenes, that's undeniably!!, but hey ! like I have to expect a considered amount of pages in order to get to it.
Anyway I guess it's because I've read too much smut stories, but at the same tine, this reminds me a lot to Lauran Dohner's Cybor
Daria
3.5 stars.
This was a re-release, not a short short but not a full size novel. Mina does Sci-fi well and I really enjoyed the story.

Yes the male is pushy and a bit alpha but most of us likes that in our BBF's right?. A cyborg on a mission with his ready made family of brothers and a sister.

The nurse with hints of shyness and sassy, when pushed she show's just how weak she is. Its a story of insta chemistry in the stars. Not a lot of wow factor for me as her other books, but I still enjoyed the
Monica
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.

This is a re-release. I never read the older one so I dont know if things have changed. All I know is I loved it! I smiled and got all teary eyed. It was not a sweet romance but damn hot! It was sweet in the end though. Just too many obstacles going on in the book for it to be sweet til the end which I love. I loved how Lyon and Samara met the first time. Kinda cute and funny. When he sorta kidnaps her...I say sorta cause you know cant kidnap someone w
Cogito_ergo_sum
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi
Based on the length of the book, I thought it was okay. The characters, while passable, didn't seem that well developed. Maybe this was due to there not being enough pages to fully develop the characters?

What irked me was that, at the climax of the book, the main female character suddenly displayed skill sets that weren't in any way mentioned leading up to that point. So, instead of being surprised, I was annoyed with the author. What I am talking about is her very basic knowledge of how to (vie
Hollie
One of the worst cases of insta-love I've ever read - The relationship never had a chance to develop

This book starts out fast paced. Constant action etc. My biggest complaint is that the characters and plot left much to be desired. I never once felt any sort of emotional pull in this read. I hated how the hero was able to be a dick and the heroine was just so easily accepting of anything and everything. I wanted her to grow some backbone. Have some opinions. I don’t know, I just like strong hero
Kirsten Brown
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Cyborg Lyon is kidnapped by humans to be studied and dissected. En route, he meets Samara, who treats him after he's been given 'hospitality' from his captors. After treating him for his injuries, he manages to slip out if the restraints and escape to his own ship taking her with him... after a bout of really hot sex... whilst the alarms are still going off. Those that stole him are still after him, and so pursue him through the galaxy.

This is the first book by Mina Carter that I have read, and
Jenny
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I rounded up to 5 stars.

This book is short, sweet and to the point. Everything moved pretty fast but I think that's ok for the length. When I read books less than a 100 pages long I tend to be lax in my rating.

I enjoyed the read. The story pulled me in from the beginning and kept my interest. I overlooked the fact that the whole story took place in what, a week at most? Maybe only three full days of interaction between the main characters? :)

Like I said, lax in my rating. It's hard to write a sh
Aghogho
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nice-surprise
Wow, I was pleasantly surprised. When I first got this book, I didn't have high hopes.i expected it to be just another erotica with nothing but sex ( not that I don't like hot sex in my books)but I was discovered was a little treasure. This book is just like a woman's skirt. " long enough to cover the subject, and short enough to create interest" Churchill. I often get bored when reading Sci Fi romance because the terminologies can be too complicated, or the author focus more on the romance and ...more
Farah
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books
I am not into cyborgs/machines/mecha .. anything like that but honestly I effin loved this The plot and characters aren't fully developed but that really doesn't matter because I seriously enjoyed reading this. Samara was one heck of an entertaining heroine and Lyon was the cake and the icing and that nutella jar next to it *giggle* the supporting characters are a lot of fun and I cracked a few giggles here and there. Very entertaining.
Ashley
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I ended up reading this one after the second one although it didnt matter in the end . I liked this one more than the aries revealed. I thought lyon was a awesome hero and samara was a kick ass heroine. Thats right lyon saved you big cyborgs asses !!! Kind of short but still had a good plot and got down to the point. 5 stars ;)
Charlene
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, romance-cyborg
"Lyon's Price" is the first of a series by prolific author Mina Carter. Mina manages to introduce secondary characters (fellow cyborg crew members) into a really short novel that still delivers a great mix of erotic romance and sci-fi. I'll definitely read the next book in the series, but I hope it's longer in length.
Carolyn F.
3-1/2 stars. Good book for the length. Of course there was the conflict but it seemed so formulaic that it wasn't much of a surprise. The romance/sexual attraction was okay. I would have liked there to have been a much bigger build-up for that. But overall a good book.
Wendy coling ( trowbridge)
Good storyline. Love he instantly feel for her and they let her be taken, he regrets that he think she betrayed them when she saves them but it all end good for him luckily. And mina writes a good story.
Mara
Oct 09, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novella, romance
The plot is interesting, even if the setting is overused. It might have improved if it had been novel length, so that characters and plot had time to develop properly.

The real minus is the price: it is too expensive for such a short novella (at +/- 6$ it's priced as a regular book).
Rochelle
Dec 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Loved it! Loved the characters (main & secondary) especially alpha males mmmm!!! I laughed and had a few tears, and I really loved the storyline, it was different! So a great book 1 to a new series, I look forward to reading book 2!!!
Megan Fall
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cyborg
Loved it!!!
namericanwordcat
Thin on world building but a hot cyborg read with a delightful heroine and an alpha male.

Elisa
Now called "Cyborg's Price".
Mandy Snel
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really short and really hot, explicit read.

Our female lead does not think herself a slut, but is having sex with Lyon within 20 minutes of meeting him. She thinks herself a homely girl, but to the cyborgs she is the epitome of sexiness.

Lyon is captured, and will probably be dissected as soon as the ship reaches its destination. He is a warrior cyborg, who has been free for a while, and the evil humans want to know what kind of updates he has. Because humans are evil, during the flight
Julia Handley
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lyon a Cyborg captured by humans and being beaten. Hating humans as they are only interested in betrayal and pain, he wasn't expecting to find one he may like.

Samara a nurse who is angered by how her colleagues are treating the Cyborg. Let's her heart get in the way of her job and she ends up right in the middle of an escape.

Opposite sides have merged together but not smoothly. Samara has a lot of spunk :) her character is so funny, especially with how she is with Lyon you can't help but like
  • Taunting Krell (Cyborg Seduction, #7)
  • Arena Station (Champions of Terra, #1)
  • Aramus (Cyborgs: More Than Machines, #4)
  • Illumination (Cyberevolution, #5)
  • Captured
  • Starkissed
  • Releasing Rage (Cyborg Sizzle, #1)
  • Charlie's Bargain
  • Zuri's Zargonnii Warrior (Unearthly World #2)
  • Demon's Captive (War Tribe, #1)
  • Abducting Alice (Warriors of Kelon, #1)
Want 3 FREE ebooks? Sign up to my newsletter - http://mina-carter.com/newsletter/

Back to your regularly scheduled bio ;)

Mina was born and raised in the East Farthing of Middle Earth (otherwise known as the Midlands, England) and spend her childhood learning all the sorts of things generally required of a professional adventurer. Able to ride, box, shoot, make and read maps, make chainmail and use
More about Mina Carter

Zodiac Cyborgs (2 books)
  • Aries Revealed (Zodiac Cyborgs, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • An Unwelcome Quest
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Luna: New Moon
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • Otherkin
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
“Oh, come on, Einstein. What do you expect? You’re a dangerous prisoner and the ship is under attack. What do you think I’m going to do? Hang around for a cup of tea and a cozy chat?” 0 likes