Start by marking “The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General, #2)

The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General #2)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  317 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews

Sensuality heals. Love cures.
Lia Taylor needs Thomas Bradshaw like she's never needed anyone before. The hunky, super-ambitious Head of Surgery at Hopewell General is the only one who can save her young son. Falling for the seductive surgeon is a prescription for trouble. But there's no cure for her smitten condition once Thomas brands her with his sensual touch.
The scio
Published September 1st 2011 by Harlequin Kimani Romance (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Surgeon's Secret Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Surgeon's Secret Baby

Beverly
Aug 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In The Surgeon’s Secret Baby by Ann Christopher, the reader will be introduced to two intriguing characters where love happily ever-after is the last thing on their minds. FBI Agent Lia Taylor has taken a leave of absence from work to look after her critically ill eight year-old son, Jalen. Part of taking care of her son is to make sure that he receives the needed kidney transplant before it is too late. This is why Lia has taken a job as a computer analyst at Hopewell General so she can hack in ...more
Rebecca
Sep 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can also read this review at Reflections on Reading Romance

Rating: 4 out of 5

This category romance was a delightful find! I’ve written elsewhere that category romances are not my favorite genre, mostly because the heroes seem to be jerks and the heroines doormats, but Ann Christopher’s The Surgeon’s Secret Baby was a pleasant surprise, because it could have so easily followed that formula but did not. The romance was sexy and the characters so very likeable that I will soon be seeking out mo
Patriciaw
Oct 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Typically I'm not a fan of secret baby stories, but in the skilled hands of Ann Christopher, this tale was very satisfying. There's a good reason Dr. Bradshaw doesn't know he's a father, and an even better one as to why it's time he did. Christopher handles the backstory and plot twists with aplomb. There's no way readers won't buy this equally tender and sexy tale.
Cheeyee
Aug 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance, 2011
Review At: I Read, I Think, I Share

Review Date: 19 Aug 2011

Review URL: http://littlemermybooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/surgeons-secret-baby-by-ann-christopher.html

Summary:

What would be your reaction when one day a woman approaches you and tell you that you are the father of her 8 years old son from the sperm that you have donated to a sperm bank? I would say Thomas handled the whole thing very well. And I admire Lia for her courage to do anything just to save her son, Jalen. She did not have much c
Rhonda
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Lia is a single mom of 8 yr old Jalen and is FBI computer specialists. She is getting tour of hospital that she is going to upgrade there security because she had hacked into their systom to find who is Jalen son.
Dr. Thomas Bradshaw is chief surgeon and the youngest one too. When Lia bursts into his office and says she needs to talk to him. Thomas had been going to find out who she was after thier clash earlier in the day. Lia tells him he his the father of her 8 year old boy. Thomas knows he h
Toni
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2011
Fictional Hopewell General Hospital has been a hotbed of romance this summer. First, In The Doctor's Bed by Brenda Jackson, Head Resident Lucien De Winter puts his career in jeopardy when he falls for intern Jasmine Campbell.

In this second installment, Lia Taylor is a computer whiz who is caught hacking into the records of the hospital's sperm bank to find information to save her ailing son. Because there is already an unrelated scandal brewing (see In The Doctor's Bed), instead of prosecuting
Marie
Sep 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aa-romance, ebook, owned
I find it very frustrating and annoying when reading series that are written by different authors and the author's have conflicting basic information.  In this book the author referred to the heroine of the previous book by the wrong name and this same discrepancy is listed on Amazon's description page.  The parties responsible for editing really should get these facts right before releasing series like this, it makes the authors and the publishers look bad.

But ignoring that little pet pee
Kim
Aug 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. The plot was really good with the premise being Lia hacking into a hospitals sperm bank system to find her donor to save her sick son's life. Thomas was that savior, and the banter between these two was very comical and had me chuckling throughout the book. Thomas and Lia had a very intense chemistry that you could really feel through the pages. There weren't a lot of intimate scenes, but honestly they really weren't need, the story really stood on it's own. Jalen th ...more
Kerry  sullivan
Aug 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This book was reviewed for musings of a bookworm

This is a very emotional story of the lengths a mother will go to when her child's life is on the line. It is also about learning how to live and I have to say that aspect of the story was the most fascinating. I was deeply moved by this book and would recommend it to those who like a teary read.
Monique
Dec 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lia was a mother willing to do anything to help her son. Thomas was a know-it-all doctor that ached to have a life outside of the hospital. Jalen would be the best medicine for all concerned. A traditional romance with a twist. Christopher has a way of drawing you into the pages and pricking your heart for true romance.
Karen
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ann-christopher
Awesome love story and a great storyline shedding light on sperm donors and a life threatening disease "renal failure"! Hats off to Ann Christopher for a well written second installment of the Hopewell General series!
Chelsea
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ann-christopher
Very nice read. I most definitely enjoyed the second book of the Hopewell general series. I especially enjoyed how fate played its role in Jalen, Lia, and Thomas's lives..... I'm very excited for the next book and to see how Miss Smith contributes to the series!
DivasoftheSerengeti_Lioness
Loved Lia, Thomas and Jalen's story! Great plot, story line and great read. What a mother will do for her child. When her son becomes gravely ill, Lia turns to the man who was a private sperm donor to ask for help. A great love develops from there. Truly great read. ~~~~HIGHLY RECOMMEND~~~~
Essie
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Introduction to Ann

Because I wanted to finally read all the stories connected to Hopewell General Hospital, I read this one by Ann. I enjoyed it so much, found myself smiling a lot so for sure, this will not be my last.
Skittles
Nov 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i enjoy the book especially when they got engage and he found out that the little boy was his son
Angela
Feb 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad. The title was stupid because the kid was 8 but as a whole the Hopewell General series is a cute series.
Janina
Sep 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, romance
Loved!
Gotta have my classic romance..
Angelia
Sep 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
GREAT STORY!!!!!
Marilyn Diamond
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a great novel. Nicely written and thought out.
LeNita V.
3.5 cute story.
Shone
Dec 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
When the things you're done as a crazy college medical student come back. Is it good or bad. No matter Dr.Bradwell had to remember he took an oath to save lives.
Meggin
Jul 21, 2015
KAREN
Jun 17, 2017
Goodread Bookreads: Book 5 1 1 Aug 10, 2014 01:48PM
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General, #3)
  • A Christmas Affair
  • Model Perfect Passion
  • Field of Pleasure  (New York Sabers Football, #1)
  • In the Doctor's Bed (Hopewell General, #1)
  • Winter Kisses
  • Say My Name
  • Case of Desire (Hopewell General, #4)
A recovering lawyer, Ann Christopher was first published in 2006 and is the author of 18 contemporary romance novels, 5 novellas and a tragically bad starter novel that will forever remain under her bed, where it belongs. She’s also written a young adult novel that will be available very soon.

When she’s not writing or communing with her readers on her Facebook page, AuthorAnnChristopher, Ann like
More about Ann Christopher...

Hopewell General (4 books)
  • In the Doctor's Bed (Hopewell General, #1)
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General, #3)
  • Case of Desire (Hopewell General, #4)