Start by marking “Twee paar (De Losers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Twee paar (De Losers, #2)

Twee paar

(The Losers #2)

On their last roll of the dice, the Losers came out ahead and put a major dent in the illegal cashflow of their former employer, the C.I.A. But to stay ahead, they've got to keep pushing their luck—and that means tracking down Max, the ghost-like C.I.A. agent whose existence is hidden even from Company insiders.

But Max doesn't want to be found—by anybody. And as the Losers
Paperback
Published April 2011 by Uitgeverij De Vliegende Hollander (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Twee paar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twee paar

47Time
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I put this comic down for two days and I can't recognize anybody any more. On the up side, it's getting interesting.

Max might be a secret identity used since after WW2 for all sorts of covert operations, including terrorism financed by drugs. The Losers are just one of the entities that Max screwed over. A hard drive they stole from Goliath Industries has records that mention Max, but the information must be corroborated with CIA data to get to Max.

(view spoiler)
Katy
Apr 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Okay so like I said in my review of the first volume, I frickin' love this comic. The second volume is no different. All I really have to say is: Jensen hacks in his undies, AND WEARS A PIRATE HAT. That is all.
Virna
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy reading this story.
Đenis
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrow-ed, cmx
Istý Max hodil na parchantov krádež pekného balíka od CIA. Teraz Parchanti po Maxovi a dôvode, prečo sa to všetko deje. A zdá sa, že každý, kto sa pripletie do cesty, prípadne položí ohľadom problematiky otázku, veľmi rýchlo umiera. Graficky veľmi príjemné, tak ako to mám rád. Tak nejak Expendables, akurát menej expertov na špecializovaný boj.
Caroline
Aug 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
After reading the first volume 3 or 4 times, and seeing the movie, I had totally straight who everyone was, and decided to go on with the rest of the series.

This volume deepens all the characterizations, and continues the plot.

I have to say, I found the movie pretty enjoyable overall, but it's kind of depressing to realize how dumbed down it was. Changes that got made to streamline the story or even tone down the politics I get ("the CIA smuggles drugs to support terrorists" isn't going to fly i
Tays
Aug 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
With Max still at large, Aisha still earning the trust of the team, Cougar minimizing his words, Jensen complaining, Pooch missing his family, and Clay contemplating on how to lead the team to their lives back. Double Down is quite exhilarating. Everything is in shambles for The Losers, and the fight to regain their lives back is getting a tad more complicated than it already was. The art style remains consistent as the previous one. Storytelling is getting a little bit more interesting what wit ...more
Geoff Sebesta
Dec 03, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
You would think that having a character constantly give shouts-out to the other works of art the story is ripping off would be refreshing, but it's not. It's annoying.

Competent art, incomprehensible storytelling in places and lots of difficulty telling the characters apart by appearance (though the writer does an admirable job of designating them in the dialogue).

The evil master plan was better when Cobra Commander did it.

I was disappointed in this book, I guess that's why I'm writing this revie
Mike
Jul 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-and-read
Humorous. Clever. Layered. Great sequences of beautiful action (cleverly laid out and exposed by Jock) and more of that short, sharp dialogue that immerses you directly into the world of The Losers. devoid of the kind of easy-to-follow explanations that make so many comics "mainstream", Diggle is one of the few that banks on his readers having a brain, curiosity and patience to see where things are unfolding.

Oh, and one word that will stay with me for along time: fucknuts.
Lauri
Feb 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Filmilik agendiseiklus jätkub. Usun ma jee et mingi trussikutes ja läppariga varustatud tüüp suudab "sisse häkkida" kuhugi elektrijaama ja terve New Yorgi paariks sekundiks pimedaks teha. Jaa, nii lihtsalt see käibki. Raha saab ka niimoodi et kaevad maasse, kastad ja ootad kuni rahapuu kasvab. Aga noh, eks ta üks film koomiksi kujul ongi, ühtalsi tuletas mulle meelde miks mulle ei meeldi filme vaadata. Igav, tüütu, jabur, sellepärast. Korra meelelahutuseks kõlbab.
Alan
Apr 09, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
With the movie opening in 2 weeks i decided to burn thru the five TPBs that had been loaned to me. Another good solid action tale, but we at least get a little character insight this time (Jensen likes to do his hacking in his underwear, Aisha definitely takes things personally). And, it all wraps on on a Carribean island with an active volcano. For fans of big screen action style movies.
Mark Desrosiers
Feb 28, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
More of the same action-packed conspiracy theorizing, and I should say that Diggle and Jock are masters of whipping a plot up with lots of kinetic energy. In this instance, I had to look up Montserrat in Wikipedia, as I couldn't tell whether the buried-Plymouth active-volcano plot development came from an alternative present (it doesn't).
Joseph
Nov 03, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Conspiracy lovers and vulcanologists
I don't have much to add to my review of the first volume in this series. We get a little more character development and a bit of movement towards explaining the conspiracy motivating this whole mess.

It's all kind of far-fetched, but it is what it is. If you're looking for a story about the A-team fighting a secret government conspiracy, this is your book.
Mac
Apr 21, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second collection of the series. Like most any comic book, the dialogue is terrible, and there's a lot of unconvincing character motivation, but it's fun. And I'll say, I'm not looking for much more than fun right now.
Shannon Appelcline
An excellent follow-up to the original, much clearer and even more exciting & setting up some bigger mysteries.
Vikas
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's an action movie in comic form what else can I say. A must read comic ..
gradedog
read it.
Ben
Feb 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
The action and character development pick up in this volume. It's still a little hard to take an artist who goes by Jock seriously, but his art is starting to grow on me.
Robert
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it
Kathleen
Really enjoyed this vol. as well.
Matt Black
Aug 31, 2011
Husam
rated it did not like it
Apr 05, 2014
Kevin
Jul 25, 2010

• Sleeper, Vol. 4: The Long Way Home
  • Hitman, Vol. 5: Who Dares Wins
  • Scalped, Vol. 4: The Gravel in Your Guts (Scalped, #4)
  • DMZ, Vol. 8: Hearts and Minds
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 5: The Counterfifth Detective
  • Gotham Central, Vol. 2: Half a Life
  • Starman, Vol. 7: A Starry Knight
Andy Diggle is a British comic book writer and former editor of 2000 AD. He is best known for his work on The Losers,Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, Adam Strange and Silent Dragon at DC Comics and for his run on Thunderbolts and Daredevil after his move to Marvel.

In 2013 Diggle left writing DC's Action Comics and began working with Dynamite Entertainment, writing a paranormal crime series Uncanny. He is

The Losers (2 books)