Start by marking “Drinker of Blood (Lord Meren, #5)” as Want to Read:
Drinker of Blood (Lord Meren, #5)

Drinker of Blood (Lord Meren #5)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  265 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
With the top secret investigation of Queen Nefertiti's murder in full gallop, Lord Meren is suddenly called away to investigate the bizarre death of Pharaoh Tutankhamen's favorite groom.
Published June 1st 2001 by Mysterious Press (first published June 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Drinker of Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drinker of Blood

Levi
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I am unsure if I just left it too long to read this final instalment of the Lord meren series ...but I found this one to be not as good as the rest. I'd go as far to say out of the lord meren books this is the one I enjoyed the least. I still love the ancient Egypt setting and this will remain my favourite setting for novels - I just felt the pace was a little slow and there was no ending worthy of a final novel out of a series . Disappointing . I will
Continue to read the rest of the authors boo
Marfita
Dec 19, 2011 rated it did not like it
Holly Lindquist
Jan 10, 2013 rated it liked it
This book should be where the Lord Meren series takes off, because this is where he starts getting very close to finding out who killed Nefertiti. The murder mystery of Nefertiti has been an underlying plot weaving through all the books, percolating in the background during Meren's various other investigations. The young pharaoh Tutankhamen is especially driven to figure out what happened to her, as she was like a mother to him. The emotional stakes are high, the suspense has been building throu ...more
Helen
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
A complex mystery in which the past impacts the present, and both are placed in the far distant past of ancient Egypt. The chapters alternate between the events of Queen Nefertiti's life and Lord Meren's investigation into her death. The switches are seamless, and the historical perspective is made vivid and engrossing due to the reader being immersed in the life and thoughts of the queen.

The adventure is truly dangerous for Meren and his family since someone is determined to convince the phara
Doris
This story promised to solve the mystery behind the death of the most beautiful woman in Egypt, Queen Nefertiti. To do this, Lord Meren has to search in some unlikely places, and is able to identify those who might have committed a heinous crime, murder of a beloved ruler. His search puts his family in danger, and several people are killed, making the idea that Nefertiti's death was murder more likely.

Overall a good read, although I was thrown off by the back and forth between times, as the view
Darth
Apr 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Lord Meren continues to investigate the death of Nefertiti, and someone is not happy about it.

Could have been better without all the unneeded flashback chapters. 90% of that material had been covered in previous books, and it did not add to the narrative for me, rather it detracted from it by trying to be allude to future events that you know already happened.

Weak device, and makes me all the more glad only one left in this series. Gonna just power through and finish this series and move on.
Vicki Cline
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Sorry to say I stopped reading this about halfway through. I had read the previous books in the series a long while ago, and this one seemed like a continuation of the previous stories, which I couldn't really remember. It just didn't grab me.
Katie
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good book. I found it really interesting and captivating. I actually read this without reading the first book in the series but I still found my way along just fine and am going to read more books by this author.
Annie
Jun 17, 2010 rated it it was ok
Most of the book was 3-4 stars. My rating jumped because I hate murder/mysteries that never verify who the murderer is. It was also a little low because it took me awhile to get used to the time jump (every other chapter is a different time period).
Sandy Guest
Jan 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I am going through the entire Lord Meren series and have enjoyed it a lot. I think there is one more to this series - he still has to find the killer of Nefertiti!
Alison
Jun 11, 2009 marked it as to-read
#5
Xarah
Dec 09, 2007 rated it it was amazing
This is the 5th book in the Lord Meren series.
Natalie
Vicki
Aug 16, 2012
Becci
Jun 01, 2011
  • A Cruel Deceit (Lieutenant Bak, #6)
  • The Poisoner of Ptah (Amerotke, #6)
  • Year of the Hyenas (Semerket, #1)
  • SPQR XI: Under Vesuvius (SPQR, #11)
  • Bright Hair About the Bone (Laetitia Talbot, #2)
  • The Fire Kimono (Sano Ichiro, #13)
  • Historical Whodunits
  • A Gladiator Dies Only Once (Roma Sub Rosa, #11)
Lynda Suzanne Robinson (b. July 6, 1951 in Amarillo, Texas) is an American writer, author of romance (under the name Suzanne Robinson) and mystery novels (under the name Lynda S. Robinson). She is best known for her series of historical whodunnits set in Ancient Egypt during the reign of Tutankhamun and featuring Lord Meren, "the Eyes and Ears of Pharaoh." She lives in Texas with her husband and h ...more
More about Lynda S. Robinson...

Lord Meren (6 books)
  • Murder in the Place of Anubis (Lord Meren, #1)
  • Murder at the God's Gate (Lord Meren, #2)
  • Murder at the Feast of Rejoicing (Lord Meren, #3)
  • Eater of Souls (Lord Meren, #4)
  • Slayer of Gods (Lord Meren, #6)