Start by marking “Slave (Finding Anna, #1)” as Want to Read:
Slave (Finding Anna, #1)

Slave (Finding Anna #1)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  6,511 Ratings  ·  566 Reviews
Stephan has lived the lifestyle of a Dominant for five years. After several rebellious teenage years, it gave him the stability and control he had been seeking after his parent’s death.

As president of a not-for-profit foundation, he knows what his future holds and what he wants out of life. All that changes when a simple lunch with his college friend and Mentor, Daren, lea
Published July 28th 2011 by The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about Slave, please sign up.

Sherri Hayes I do hope that I'm misunderstanding your question because it comes across as if you are looking for a place where you can download an ILLEGAL copy of…moreI do hope that I'm misunderstanding your question because it comes across as if you are looking for a place where you can download an ILLEGAL copy of my books. Pirating is stealing no matter how you try to justify it. Authors spend months, sometimes years on a book. Would you want to work for months and not get paid? I highly doubt it.

As for where you can get the book LEGALLY, it is available on Amazon, B&N, iBooks, and Kobo. (less)
Sherri Hayes Currently there isn't an audio version of Trust (Finding Anna, Book 4). The publisher decided against producing audio for this one due to cost. I am…moreCurrently there isn't an audio version of Trust (Finding Anna, Book 4). The publisher decided against producing audio for this one due to cost. I am hoping once I get my rights back to the series I will be able to have it produced.(less)

~ Becs ~
When I first read the synopsis: a rich, handsome philanthropic young man, heavily into D/s acquires a young lady to keep as his submissive in his apartment, I was thinking "Are the Shades of Fifty to be thus polluted"? But I was wrong, very wrong.

This book is absolutely nothing like Fifty Shades - there is no BDSM, hardly any sex and it's not an erotic romance. It's a story of a damsel deep in distress being rescued by a knight in shining armour. It's beautiful but deeply disturbing.

Stephan is
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Adult review for taboo content.

Curiouser and curiouser...

For a book about sexual slavery, it's actually sort of funny how there was not even one full sex scene. HAH. How's that for writing around a subject?

Maybe I'm feeling extra generous in giving this book 4 stars because I did have moments where I felt like the characters were paper cutouts of real life characters. Maybe I shouldn't have enjoyed a book so much in which the main character was so childlike (barely legal, yet had the emotional
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Re xB by sb_zpsiu4dgdux.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (11/14/2016)

Book 1 of 4. Series complete.

BLURB:
Stephan has lived the lifestyle of a Dominant for five years. After several rebellious teenage years, it gave him the stability and control he had been seeking after his parent's death. As president of a not-for-profit foundation, he knows what his future holds and what he wants out of life. All that changes when a simple lunch with his college friend and mentor, Daren, leads him to buying a slave.

Thrust into a situation he
Elvirina_nelly
Jan 24, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book a while back and it has taken me some time to come to terms with the contents.

Frankly I think the plot is appalling and misleading to what BDSM really is. That he liberates Anna from her captor/owner, is of course very noble and what any man/woman with the means should do, but what follows makes me want to gag.

Being a submissive is all about choice so how can a man that is a fully fledged Dom keep a sold/abducted girl as a submissive like this, thinking that he is equipped to
sana  °¤°
2.5 stars.

This book annoyed the fuck out of me. Like literally I want to rip the hair out of my head bc this fucking book annoyed. The. shit. Out. Of. Me. No. Joke.

rtc once I'm on my laptop boi.
Riane Kinky Book Reviews
I honestly enjoyed this book but giving it a review is not the easiest thing to do. Some books are easy to review just by asking yourself if you enjoyed it, what parts you liked and what you didn’t, how easy the book was to read, and then write it all down and give it a rating. However, with a book such as this one, it’s a bit more involved because the story itself is not as straight forward. Reading and reviewing this story requires more thought and decision work than most.
Let me first make it
Willow Madison
Nov 28, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'll try to make this brief because I wasted enough time on this crap: NO SEX. NO STORY.

Here's the whole book in a nutshell -- Poor Anna is a 19-yr old mindless idiot, broken from the last 10 months spent as a slave to an abusive and sadistic Master (you can see why I wanted to read this, eh). She's bought by a kind and gentle Dom who is just as mindless and idiotic. We know they are both mindless idiots from the dual POV. The rest of the book is one looooong scene of this:

inside Anna's empty he
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This is a new to me author, Ms. Hayes. I heard good reviews about this book. Specifically, it showed from a Dom's point of view. This interested me and I finally read it last night. I really like this book. The switching between Stephen (Dom) and Brianna (slave) was good for me in this book. Generally, I don't like the flipping of POV. I want it from just one person's perspective. Flipping back and forth is annoying in most cases and sloppy. I particularly liked how each chapter denoted if it wa ...more
Sandra
This is only the first installment of what appears to be a series of books. First off, this was originally a Twilight fanfic that ended in pretty much the same spot as this book. And other than names and places, I couldn't find much different in this published version.

Brianna (Anna) is a young woman in a horrible situation. Stephan is made aware of the horrors and decides to rescue her by purchasing her from her current 'owner'. The subject of involuntary slavery and human trafficking is touche
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star-books, bdsm

4 Saving Stars!!!!

I read Slave in August of 2012, but I never wrote a review (I know it’s before I started to write reviews), so with that said, I reread it and well.. .Slave is a really unique read that doesn’t get enough attention.

If you are into the “damsel-in-distress” type of read, (WHICH I AM SO INTO!) then, Slave is for you

I HAVE to put this disclaimer… because TONS of you will ask me if this is like Captive and I have to say, not really. First off, I wasn’t a big fan of Captive. I didn
Michael Dunellen
Stop me if you have heard this before...

There is this guy. Lives in a penthouse overlooking a major metropolitan city. Rich Successful CEO. Respected but most people think he is sort of reclusive.

What the public and most of his employees/family doesn’t know is that in his penthouse he has a room where he likes nothing better than to tie up young beautiful women, teach them to submit to his will, and make mad passionate love to them in a safe, sane and very consensual manner.

Oh, almost forgot: y
Lelyana
*****SPOILER ALERT!*****
I change the stars for the love of Stephen Coleman, the perfect , most eligible bachelor, sweetest Dom in the universe!!!

"I want you, Brianna, don't doubt that...
But you will give yourself to me willingly.
If I have you, I want all of you"

I was still stare at my laptop screen after reading and didn't know what to write. Seriously!

Stephan living a BDSM life style for quite sometimes, until Daren, his mate told him to buy a slave,. He never agree of slavery, and now Dar
Michelle [Helen Geek]
May 22, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: A risky endeavor, but worth a peek.
Recommended to Michelle by: Becs G 5Star review!
This sounds good, but $9 [eBook] for a new author [Amazon & B&N], I'll wait a bit.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
3 Stars

I'm so glad I read this book, and I hope not to offend any with my review. This book has me conflicted. Who am I to define the meaning of love for another? I can only define it for myself. I would not be able to love someone who considered themselves less a person than I. This is a story of love, survival and salvation.

Brianna is a slave bought by the m
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Reviewed on Under the Covers with my girl Angela : )

Brianna is an unwilling slave. Sold to a sadistic dom who enjoys her humilation and pain he inflicts horrors on her in an effort to break her. He succeeds. Now sold to a new Master she has no idea what to expect, certainly not the kindness and compassion he shows her as he tries to heal her and gain her trust.

Both Suz and Angela read this book, here's what they had to say...

*Starts trying to use gtalk on their phones, but had to stop due to hu
Steelwhisper
1.5* but there is no way I'll be rounding this up.

The one positive thing about this book is the narrative: it is fluent, engaging, pulling the reader into the story, and the two POVs for once work, and work well. There are almost no SPaG issues, and while the prose is utilitarian, it is also doing its job. The author is a good storyteller.

With that to the negatives, and there are so many that I make this short. Like FSoG this is disrespectful of BDSM and the lifestyle. While getting a bit more r
Juls
May 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mind-f-ck, bdsm
At first i was really turned off by the fact that the lead female was 18. i like my couple to be age appropriate 25-40 ish range. but the more i read the more i enjoyed it. It was so much more than about sex, which there isnt any but more about healing and love and acceptance.

very pleasantly surprised for sure.
the ending was very abrupt and finding out that theres a book 2 made me understand the ending or lack there of a bit better.
Nia
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slave is a book centered solely on the post traumatic fear experienced by a slave and how her new Master tries to help her deal with the trauma. There are no sex scenes, BDSM scenes (aside from traumatic memories), or even erotic scenes. The closest you will come to erotica are a few kisses.

With that said, I found the book to be well developed and the story interesting. The entire book is about helping Brianna (Anna) deal with making her own choices and seeing the world in a different light. Ve
Charlie
This is the fifth time I've read this and every time it breaks my heart. I love Stephen and Anna's story so much.
Elizabeth (Liz)
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

4 Stars

Stephan is the very young president of a not-for-profit foundation, a sexual Dominant and completely satisfied with his life. Brianna is a young, broken, *badly* damaged girl who was betrayed by someone she should have been able to trust without question and sold into sexual slavery. Two more extreme opposites could not possibly be found. When Stephan is lead into purchasing Brianna in order to rescue her from her sadistic master, the lives of these
 Lady Krishna
Sep 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This review is originally posted in Journey with Books

Slave is the first installment in Finding Ana series and this is also the first book I've read from Ms. Sherri Hayes. I can say that I'm definitely happy to read an emotional and well written fiction.

Before I accepted this book, I've read the other reviews on Goodreads first. I read a lot and I became intrigued and fascinated by this book because of the reviews.

This is not your typical BDSM themed romance because it's a lot deeper than that
Brittany B.
A well-written, clean and sweet sex-slave story? Oxymoronic, but true.

The hero is a dominant male who rescues a very mentally and physically broken woman. At 17, the girl was sold as an unwilling sex slave. When we pick up the story 18 yr old Brianna has been tortured and abused for 10 months. Stephen, the unquestionable Hero of this story, has learned of the existence of an unwilling slave and purchases her from her "master". He intends to help her, to free her, but he never expected her to be
Lindsey
Stephen is a good man and Dominant
 photo darkirish.jpg

Brianna is broken, so very broken
 photo broken-down-woman-alone.jpg
 photo blue-eyes-brown-hair-brunette-fashion-girl-Favim_com-435232_large.jpg

Although I could not put this book down and it pulled me out of my reading slump, I honestly can not justify 5 stars. Don't get me wrong, I loved this book, but something was missing. I couldn't really put my finger on his personality he was caring and sweet but I have a hard time picturing him a full blown Dom.

I am so very excited to finish this series, and with any luck it will tie up some loose ends.
(view spoiler)
Juliet
Aug 27, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crap
This is a book about a man who buys a trafficked young woman and keeps her prisoner in his service. Sure, he appears to have some sort of misguided noble intentions, but that hardly justifies his actions. Even more horrifying, not one of his friends seems to have an f-ing clue that this guy is anything but a hero or that the young woman would benefit from, you know, not being kept prisoner. It's also poorly written with randomly misplaced punctuation. If I'd known it was Twilight fanfic, I doubt ...more
Sassafrass
Oct 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Sassafrass by: Debbie
It's so hard to rate this book, but I went with 4.5 stars in the end.

I absolutely devoured this book, I will most likely read it again at some point. It was much different than I thought it would be. I had no idea how emotionally connected I would be to Brianna and Stephan. The horrors that Anna suffered at the hands of her forced Master were horrible, and we just got a small glimpse of them.

I was sad that the book ended where it did. I understand that it's part of a series but I would have like
Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book
Dec 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book by: Taryn Cellucci
Shelves: sherri-hayes

First I would love to thank the wonderful Taryn Cellucci for this gift. You're the best T!

Characters: Brianna and Stephan

I've never read a story like this about BDSM. This story shows how the bad side of BDSM can affect a person. Person: Brianna. We really don't get how she got to where she was until Stephan bought her. But she thinks herself as a slave. She's broken, doesn't trust anyone and is emotional and physically scarred. Stephan tries to help Brianna to come out of her mental s
Candace
Wow! What a beautiful, heart-wrenching story! There is nothing I could say that will do this book justice, so I'm not going to try. Just read it! I'm starting book 2 immediately.
Ni_kii
When Stephan gets a call from his friend Darin about a slave in distress, he is taken aback by the suggestion that he can help. The girl in question is the property of a rather sadistic Dom Ian, but blatantly doesn’t want to be so. After making some inquiries, Darin has established that the sub is for sale for the right price. Stephan has the money, and the unattached status, to help out but there is one tiny little problem; Stephan has no interest in being anyone’s master. After some marvellous ...more
Charlie
I've read this a ridiculous amount of times now but it's a book I can just reread over and over. Stephan and Anna are just so beautiful together.
Stephan is a Dom but has been single for a while and is waiting to find the right sub for him. The last thing he is looking for is a slave but when his friend tells him about a young woman who is being held against her will by someone with a sadistic reputation Stephan knows he has to help her. Even if it means going against everything he believes in and buying her from her current master. Brianna was sold into slavery when she was just 17 years old and has spent the last 10 months being brutall ...more
Katy
Jul 25, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars - This book wasn't mind-blowing, but it was better than I thought it was going to be.

First of all, I liked the premise of the story. To have a girl forced into slavery and so devastatingly broken that a usually dominant man is going to have to walk on eggshells as he tries to help this damaged girl - wow, pretty intense.

But intense was something that it was not. I was expecting to see more frustration on Stephen's part - and I read enough of it, but I felt it was a bit surface deep,
Fifty Shades Supp...: Memorial Weekend Giveaway 1 11 May 22, 2015 05:14PM
Turning Pages At ...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Giveaway Memorial Weekend 1 8 May 22, 2015 05:06PM
I want another book like this. Suggestions... 4 25 May 13, 2015 09:02AM
  • Tender Mercies
  • Generational Sins (Generational Sins, #1)
  • Mistakes (Mistakes Trilogy, #1)
  • Judgment (Judgment, #1)
  • Obsession: Girl Abducted
  • Burn for You (Club Mephisto, #2)
  • In His Arms
  • The Darkness of Perfection
  • The Forbidden Room (The Forbidden Room, #1)
  • The Reluctant Dom (Suncoast Society, #4)
  • Protégée (Freedom Bound, #1)
  • Old Wounds (Old Wounds, #1)
  • Sacred Secrets (Chronicles of Surrender, #1)
  • Safeword Davenport (Safeword, #3)
  • Abduction
Sherri spent most of her childhood detesting English class. It was one of her least favorite subjects because she never seemed to fit into the standard mold. She wasn't good at spelling, or following grammar rules, and outlines made her head spin. For that reason, Sherri never imagined becoming an author.
At the age of thirty, all of that changed. After getting frustrated with the direction a telev
More about Sherri Hayes...

Finding Anna (4 books)
  • Need (Finding Anna #2)
  • Truth (Finding Anna #3)
  • Trust (Finding Anna, #4)
“Brianna, I don’t care about the food. It can rot here in the middle of the store for all I care. Do you want to finish shopping or do you wish to go home?” 6 likes
“i pull her closer to me and tucked her head beneath my chin. She lean in to me,and i though i felt her release a small sigh.''I would never let anything happen to you''.” 4 likes