Start by marking “Small Graces” as Want to Read:
Small Graces

Small Graces

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Grace crash lands on an alien world to discover she's not alone. Short science fiction story. Free.
Published July 7th 2011 by M. Pax (first published June 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Small Graces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Small Graces

Jay
Feb 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So well written, and kept my attention all the way through. The only negative thing I can say about this short story is that I WANTED MORE. As a lover of all things science-fiction, I thoroughly enjoyed Small Graces.
M. Pax
Jul 28, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Trying to get M. Pax and Mary Pax to be the same. We'll see how it goes. :)
Darlene
May 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Sci-fi fans who like short stories
Recommended to Darlene by: M. Pax
Another short story. I love M. Pax's writing. I even like her story lines. This one had me involved until the end.

And that's just the problem. It ends far too soon. I can't wait to read some of her longer works.

The nicest part of these short stories is they allow that 'treading water' time between books I need to review. There was a need to cleanse the reading palate.

I have been reading Ms. Pax's stories from Smashwords (mostly for free or $.99) which means I read them on my Moon Reader Pro app
Chrys Fey
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When Grace’s pod crash lands in an unknown planet, she is met by aliens. I was enchanted by the vividness of this story; the description of the planet and the aliens was exceptional. Just like with “Plantgirl” by M. Pax, I can imagine this as a book that shows how Grace lives in this strange planet.
Rusty
Sep 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Another short story from Mary Pax that she has up for free, and like Plantgirl, it's a fantastically written story. I think it was a tad too short - a good complaint for any writer I'm sure - and the ending sort of leaves you really wanting to know what happens next.

Well done, I look forward to the novels coming out later this year.
Libby
Jul 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a great piece of flash fiction. I like the inventiveness of the metal exoskeleton. I like guessing what's next, if there's a twist. Ultimately, it's a glance into a person's life under pressure, and the sci-fi elements are on point.
Brian Hutchinson
Aug 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This story was a very fun read, with a totally surprise ending. I’m not giving it away. You can really feel the character and feel for her also. This little piece of flash fiction did just what it is supposed to do. Thanks M. Pax!
Coyora Dokusho
Aug 02, 2014 rated it liked it
It wasn't so much a story as a vignette. It was interesting and then... poof! the end. ;_;
MsBDiamondDiva1
Jan 19, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a great short read, love the fact that you think one thing...then BAM-a whole different outcome:-)
Christine Rains
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
A well written little piece of speculative fiction that was as much science-fiction as it was magical. It is always the small things that matter.
Amanda Rose
Aug 03, 2011
Karen
May 29, 2012
Tracy
rated it did not like it
Aug 22, 2013
Beppe DM
Dec 22, 2015
Alice Arnold
Mar 19, 2017
M. Pax is author of the sci-fi series, The Backworlds, and the new adult urban fantasy Hetty Locklear series. A Browncoat and SG fan, she's also slightly obsessed with Jane Austen. In the summers she docents as a star guide at Pine Mountain Observatory where the other astronomers now believe she has the most extensive collection of moon photos in existence. No fear, there will be more next summer. ...more
More about M. Pax