Start by marking “Diet Rehab: 28 Days to Finally Stop Craving the Foods That Make You Fat” as Want to Read:
Diet Rehab: 28 Days to Finally Stop Craving the Foods That Make You Fat

Diet Rehab: 28 Days to Finally Stop Craving the Foods That Make You Fat

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  113 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
The co-host of TLC's hit series, "Freaky Eaters," reveals the ultimate diet plan to kick the junk-food habit in just four weeks- without the pain of withdrawal.

In March 2010, The Scripps Research Institute released a study showing how rats on a junk-food diet had just as difficult a time-if not more so-giving up excess fat and sugar as the rats who were struggling to recov
Published December 1st 2011 by Avery Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Diet Rehab, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diet Rehab

Julia Seargeant
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is powerfully changing my life. It has been completely amazing. Well thought out and written. Dr. Mike explains how certain eating habits directly correlate to many people's brain chemistry - particularly dopamine and seratonin. Oh how I have been eating to stimulate them! This book was a perfect fit for me. There were two aspects of the book that I found completely different from other "diets' and yet made sense.

First, he has you add certain foods and activities into your life before
Jacqui Allen
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting book about brain chemistry and food addiction. Personally, I got a lot out of it and think I will be better equipped to handle the lows of life without resorting to a comforting bag of crisps or chocolate :)
Christy Harrill
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Using these ideas to help me and my son with ADHD.
mrsrou
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food-and-garden
Great ideas in here, a bit repetitive, but I think it's a very helpful book.
Juanita Johnson
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My only regret is that I didn't find it earlier. Like when I went into withdrawal from sex and love addiction. It finally makes sense. I've often said its not just the food, I need other things to do besides eat. Dr. Dow has been there and he understands. I ate my way to 100 pounds overweight moving through my sex and love addiction withdrawal. I didn't know what else to substitute but food. Now it feels like giving up food is my last haven. Dr. Dow has tossed me a lifesaver. He has given me an ...more
Chiara
Jan 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eye-opening information about symptoms and food addiction related to low levels of brain chemicals Dopamine and Serotonin. The book included information on how to raise the levels of these brain chemicals through activity, nutrition, and consciously changing chemical-depleting thought patterns. Enjoyed that there is still room for a couple of portions of "pitfall foods" or pleasurable fattening or sweet foods which would make the program more realistic to continue with as a lifestyle change.
Minnie
Nov 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book really makes sense. It discusses overindulgence as a symptom of chemical imbalance and then proceeds to give sound advice on how to rectify this imbalance. I believe that if you were to follow the do's and don'ts of this book not only will you lose weight but you will gain insight into yourself and your self-defeating habits as well.
OK, so now I've read the book, let's see if I can start on this journey and follow through!!!!
Felicia
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like how this book wrote about like why it is not your fault that you crave for food and you don't follow on diet, it give you self encouragement and explain it in science too. Also i love how this book tell you to continue eating those food you crave for, but just add in healthy food and so on... and it really work somehow and i am excited to embark on this journey!
Sarah JF
I liked that this book gave a lot of science based reasons why we eat bad food and the plan is helpful, but at the end of the day it's eat right and exercise. The plan is good because it's very slow to integrate changes. Would really like to give it 3.5 stars.
Sunny
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book really makes sense. I like how Dr. Mike not only helps you change food habits, but also gives you daily tasks to enhance your life and make it fuller. I'm going to give it a try. His philosophy for eating is based on research and facts, so I'm hoping for great results.
Pedro Brescia
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Melhor livro sobre emagrecimento que já li. Para quem for ler em português, não se deixe levar pelo título ridículo ("Dieta das emoções"). Trata-se de um livro sério sobre dependência alimentar, focado em fornecer estratégias para produzir equilíbrio hormonal.
Kathryn Kozody
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really interesting look at food addiction and the brain chemicals that come into play
Alane
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it! Life changing!
Duygu Berber
Kitap en başta çok sarmıştı fakat daha sonra sürekli kendini tekrar etti. Ve ne yazık ki verilen tarifler ve yemek önerileri bizim kültürümüze uymuyor. Ama mantığını beğendim...
Amy
Great book, bad title.
Jane
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't get into it- maybe I'm not ready.
Maureen
Apr 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
O.K., here I go!
Mary Kay
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Stuff you probably already know about food addictions
Kara
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
This book makes a lot of sense! I listened to it three times in two days trying to soak in as much information as possible.
Shilo
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One week into the rehab and it is really working!! I've lost weight and feel great and the best part, I'm getting more sleep and better sleep!! Highly recommend this book.
Nikki Anderson
Mar 03, 2017
miss k l allen
Feb 16, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat: How to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle
  • Blood Sugar 101: What They Don't Tell You about Diabetes
  • 17 Lies That Are Holding You Back and the Truth That Will Set You Free
  • The Gift of Forgiveness: A Magical Encounter with Don Miguel Ruiz
  • Called: Hello, My Name Is Mrs. Jefferson. I Understand Your Plane Is Being Hijacked. 9:45 Am, Flight 93, September 11, 2001
  • The Curious Nature Guide: Explore the Natural Wonders All Around You
  • The Sugar Addict's Total Recovery Program
  • Underwater Light
  • National Geographic Ultimate Guide to Supernatural Places: Close Encounters, Haunted Houses, and Other Spooky Hot Spots Around the World
  • Bombshell: Explosive Medical Secrets That Will Redefine Aging
  • Is Your Chair Killing You?
  • The Inflammation-Free Diet Plan: The Scientific Way to Lose Weight, Banish Pain, Prevent Disease, and Slow Aging
  • Thou Shalt Not Diet: Important Behavioral Changes that Will Significantly Improve Your Health and Well Being (Healthy Living series Book 1)
  • Who Are We   And Should It Matter In The 21st Century?
  • Culture Shock! Germany
  • The Doctor's Diet Cookbook: Tasty Meals for a Lifetime of Vibrant Health and Weight Loss Maintenance
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader The World's Gone Crazy