Start by marking “House of Odd (Odd Thomas Graphic Novel, #3)” as Want to Read:
House of Odd (Odd Thomas Graphic Novel, #3)

House of Odd

(Odd Thomas Graphic Novel #3)

Could there really be such a thing as hell on earth? Odd only knows.

#1 New York Times bestselling maestro of macabre suspense Dean Koontz plunges everyone’s favorite spirit-spotting fry cook into his most frightening encounter yet, in the thrill-packed third Odd Thomas graphic novel.

Transforming a ramshackle mansion into a dream house has become a nightmare for
Published March 20th 2012 by Del Rey Books (first published February 28th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about House of Odd, please sign up.
Kara All three of the graphic novels take place before the events of the first book in the Odd Thomas series, so yes, they are all prequels. However, these…moreAll three of the graphic novels take place before the events of the first book in the Odd Thomas series, so yes, they are all prequels. However, these can be read at any time. Odd is taking time to quickly recount his adventures just as he did with the main books, mostly because Ozzie Boone told him he needed to become a writer.(less)

Start your review of House of Odd (Odd Thomas Graphic Novel, #3)
Matthew
A lukewarm entry in the Odd series. More silly than scary - which is sometimes the case with Odd Thomas. Obviously a graphic novel cannot be quite as developed as a full novel, but this one felt pretty one dimensional. Not really any character or story development at all. To me, it seemed like the final climax was developed and then a hasty back story was added to get it there.

The artwork is okay - Manga style like the last two Odd graphic novels - but I was not blown away by it. Usually I
Dustin Crazy little brown owl
Whatever happened to Cassandra upstairs, she wasn't talking. Which made her much easier to listen to.

The plot is a bit weak, but the book is fun and filled with humor. I always like books with pictures - makes me feel so accomplished when I'm able to read them so quickly and of course I'm a big fan of Odd, Stormy and Dean Koontz. This book will at least make you smile. I recommend picking up a copy from the library for a quick odd adventure. In the back is an excerpt from ODD HOURS, book 4 in
Jonathan Echevarria
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed “House of Odd” much more then the previous two graphic novels “In Odd We Trust” & “Odd Is On Our Side.” One of the main reasons I loved “House of Odd” so much more is the artist Queenie Chan has perfected her artistic representation of Odd Thomas. His facial expressions are much more enjoyable, he doesn’t look as wooden and plastic as he did in the first graphic novel. I feel like if there had been a fourth and fifth graphic novel she would of really of knocked it out of the park. ...more
Mariah
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book... Oh the sassy and poor puns are so endless. You can't even read a serious part without the art being a tiny bit comical. I really liked that since the last few book I've had to read were either really graphic or so dry that I think I could have sanded my dancer feet with them. The characters in this story were very well described and matched their art almost to a perfect T. "'Does it have a quick-snack room?' 'No, but it has a smart-ass room'"(31). This is a conversation between the ...more
Joe Bolin
Mar 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
It's good to get together with Odd Thomas again, but I was surprised (and disappointed) by the plot of this graphic novel. Odd's tongue-in-cheek humor and love for Stormy and the art of short order cooking are readily apparent, but his defining ability--communicating with the dead--does not play a role in the story. I was also surprised by the number of characters introduced in this very short tale; one of the best things about the Odd Thomas books has always been the small number of characters ...more
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Confused me as to when it takes place, as it is after Brother Odd but then what's up with Stormy?
Janall
Feb 12, 2012 marked it as to-read
Just noticed that this book will be a graphic novel- how disappointing. I out grew picture books a long time ago. I want to make up my own pictures to go with the story- a long compIicated story.
Becca
Creepy. I liked the way the mystery was solved but the cell phone bit was kind of lame and a cop-out, really. My rating went from 3 to 2 stars just because of that.
Leila Anani
This is the last of the three Odd Thomas manga volumes and has Odd and Stormy stay at a haunted house with a bunch of professional TV ghost hunters.

Anyone familiar with the manga series "Ghost Hunt" is going to love this one as its in a very similar vein - we have a science oriented hunter, a professed psychic and her psychic cat and a general dogsbody, plus of course genuine Odd and gun-toting Stormy. I like the mix of various approaches to the supernatural.

Although never groundbreaking, this
Rob
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the third Graphic Novel, but it also is a prequel to the books, For those of us who had read all the books, it is so nice to be back with Odd and Stormy again just for a little while. For those who consider Graphic Novels as just for kids, (1) You might want to be sure you know the content that your kids are reading, some are definitely not for kids. (2) Graphic novels are sort of a shorthand for writers. The pages dedicated in a long book to describing what the reader can see is removed ...more
Marcus Zottola
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
As an Odd Thomas fan, I picked up all three graphic novels on a whim. While comparatively short relative to his normal books, they're hard to put down, and the length actually helped keep me invested in them.

This last one is probably my least favorite of the bunch. It's still good fun with the typical Koontz twists and flair, but it contains some of his old, preachy tropes too. In particular, it features negative stereotyping of people from Hollywood. It also doesn't help matters that the story
Katie
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book soooo much better than the first two in this series. The plot development was better, although a bit predictable. However, it was more atmospheric and would be great for a quick read at Halloween. The artwork had really improved in this one. I really enjoyed the use of different layouts and the higher contrast in tone and rendering. I recommend that you skip the first two and just read this one.
Velvetea
This is my favorite of the 3 graphic novels. The art style developed greatly since the first and the story felt more along the lines of an Odd Thomas novel~ melancholy macabre. I'm glad he kept it to these three~ The written novels give such a gorgeous atmosphere~ more than the illustrated version, in my opinion.
Fred
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
Illustrations by "Queenie" Chan are great & makes its simple to follow. Ozzie Boone (Odd's mentor) asking Odd Thomas & Stormy Llewellyn to help Ms. Nolan with her haunted house. A CISI (Calif. Institute of Supernatural Investigation) crew of 4 goes to help & can't match Odd & Stormy to find a broken pentagram - the key in the this "comic".
Katie
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-gn
I love the character of Odd Thomas so I gave this book a try. It was very repetitive to me, and I might have liked it more if I read it before the first novel in the series by Dean Koontz. This seemed like a simple short story, suited for a younger audience. I prefer the original Odd Thomas series.
Brandon Leatherman
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
MUCH better! A huge improvement from the second to the third book. The story was good, and the drawings were well done. A solid 3.5 stars, right up there where I placed most of the rest of the Odd Thomas series. Well done!
Kara
Not as good as the first two graphic novels. I think this would have been better as a regular novel, there was a lot that could have been covered. Still cute, and I just love Odd and Stormy's characters.
Susan
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic
I did enjoy this book. Reading some of the Odd Thomas books added to this enjoyment.
Tanya
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
different from the others. and now just when I started to enjoy these (and the art style) there are no more
Trisha
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another fun read about the adventures of Odd Thomas.
Michala
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best comic in the series so far.
Benjamin Page
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Not as good as the first two graphic novels. The story was too flawed for me to really enjoy. If you can get past the flaws, the extra bit of time in Odd's journey with Stormy is nice.
Jen
Mar 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: aty-2019
A fun little read. Not sure I like Odd without Elvis and the Bodachs though. Standard that the Hollywood people are all idiots (wonder if Koontz is telling us something about his own opinions?).
Margaret
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Graphic novel , thoroughly enjoyed.
Joanne Myers
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Wasn't as keen on this one as I was on the first two. The illustration style was different to the others too, same characters (obvs) but the pictures looked different in a way I can't explain.
Stars In Her Eye
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy these manga because I really enjoy seeing Stormy alive and interacting.
This installment takes Odd to a haunted mansion. There, e and Stormy must work with a TV ghost Hunters. Comical and frightening, House of Odd is more than just ghosts and takes Odd to a new place.
The art is lovely and I enjoyed seeing the escapades.
House of Odd is a fun entry into the series.
Vanessa Wolf
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
To start this review its only fair to note I am a fan of graphic novels. I believe art and literature can come together and the idea that its a "picture book for grown-ups" shows a misconception of what the artists are trying to achieve. Fans of Odd rejoice! This latest addition to the Odd series takes us back to Pico Mundo to a house where Odd's gift may not be able to save him.
If you've been reluctant to pick up the Odd graphic novels, toss that reluctance away! This is your chance to see
Elle
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jim C
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
This is a graphic novel and is a prequel to his Odd Thomas series. In this one, Odd and Stormy are asked to investigate a house that was recently purchased by a movie producer. She believes the house is haunted.

This was a quick read but I prefer the prose novels over the graphic novels. I didn't think the artwork was the best. I have read different types of graphic novels and this one's artwork seemed like it was on the inexpensive side. I think what was a downer for me was when the illustrator
Cornerofmadness
« previous 1 3 next »

• The House of Thunder
  • Tinfoil Butterfly
  • The Silver Metal Lover (Silver Metal Lover, #1)
  • Seeker (Alex Benedict #3)
  • The Agricola and The Germania
  • Asterix in Spain (Asterix, #14)
  • Hellboy, Vol. 5: Conqueror Worm
  • Berserker Base
  • Hellboy: Weird Tales #3 (Hellboy Vol. 1)
  • Hellboy: Weird Tales #2 (Hellboy Vol. 1)
  • Hellboy: The Third Wish #1 (of 2)
  • Hellboy: Weird Tales #1 (Hellboy Vol. 1)
  • Hellboy: The Third Wish #2 (of 2)
  • Hellboy: Weird Tales #6 (Hellboy Vol. 1)
  • Like a Velvet Glove Cast in Iron
  • Criminal, Vol. 7: Wrong Time, Wrong Place (Criminal, #7)
  • Hellboy, Vol. 3: The Chained Coffin and Others
  • Hellboy, Vol. 4: The Right Hand of Doom

Dean R. Koontz has also published under the

Odd Thomas Graphic Novel (3 books)
  • In Odd We Trust (Odd thomas Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Odd Is on Our Side (Odd thomas Graphic Novel, #2)