Start by marking “Bara Asmara - Hearts Aflame (Viking , #2)” as Want to Read:
Bara Asmara - Hearts Aflame (Viking , #2)

Bara Asmara - Hearts Aflame (Haardrad Family #2)

4.1  ·  Rating Details ·  9,053 Ratings  ·  249 Reviews
Kristen Haardrad menjadi tahanan Royce of Wyndhurst ketika pasukan Viking gagal menyerang desa pria itu. Tapi Kristen tak pernah menganggap dirinya sebagai budak bangsa Saxon. Selama menjadi tahanan, betapapun ia berusaha membenci Royce, hatinya berkata lain. Ada kerinduan tak terbendung dalam diri Kristen untuk dimiliki pria itu di ranjangnya.

Royce, sang lord Saxon, menem
Published July 2011 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published January 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Bara Asmara - Hearts Aflame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bara Asmara - Hearts Aflame

Sarah (saz101)
Aug 24, 2011 Sarah (saz101) rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, historicals
I'm of two minds with this book. One part of me wants to shudder and 1-star it. The other wants to give it 4, on account of its heroine, Kristen.

Kristen Hardraad is a strong willed, drop-dead gorgeous Viking maiden (Aqua eyes! Long, flowing, blonde hair!), who longs for adventure and man she can marry and love. So she stows away on her brother's ship while he's on a "Trading Voyage", with the intent of finding herself a nice man in one the "Trading Ports" he'll visit (because, you know, none of
Catherine
I don't seem to enjoy a lot of the books that were written in the 80's and very early 90's. There's too much violence and raping and abuse in some of them. It seems like a crap shoot any time I pick one up. This book was one that I read years ago in the early days of my romance reading. (I started when I was about 12) I had so much fun reading it that I have kept it all these years and have reread it multiple times. I get a kick out of it each time I read it.

Kristen stowed away on her brother's
♡Karlyn P♡
4+ This book may have been written 20+ years ago, but it is a timeless classic. It's a well written fantasy Viking romance meant for pure enjoyment, and enjoy it I did! It has plenty of sizzle and adventure, a great hero/heroine, and a flirty sense of humor that I just love. Very high on the angst scale. The heroine becomes a prisoner to our hero, but soon it is he who is the one being held captive for her. This was great romance candy, IMO.
Jane Stewart
4 stars for lovers of historical romance. Smart strong heroine. Great relationship development. It was fun.

STORY BRIEF:
In 873 Vikings travel to England to raid a monastery. They are ambushed and kept as slaves by the Saxon lord Royce. Norwegian woman Kristen is among them. Royce cannot resist her. And she wants him too.

OPINION:
Kristen’s intelligence, attitude, and fighting abilities might be stretching believability - as to typical women in those days, but it made a good story. There’s good plo
Chitra *CJ*
"Hearts Aflame" by Johanna Lindsey is the story of Kristen and Royce- and it was phenomenal.
Unlike its predecessor book- which was a bodice ripper (but I still liked it)
This one had
- A strong heroine who wasn't childish and insubordinate- and who could kick ass literally
- A hero who wasn't abusive or into making love against will
- The heroine knew she wanted the hero and to marry him and tells him when she feels it (so no hiding a denying feelings)
- A hero who literally couldn't stay without the
Ally
Jan 26, 2016 Ally rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let's break this viking down, shall we?

I'm hiding most of this review because I rant and spoil a lot (or a little, depending on who you are and how you interpret what I write). Read this book. It's worth a lesson in how far we have come; we being the romance community and women.

(view spoiler)
Zeek
My favorite Viking romance, Hearts Aflame has two of the most hard-headed Heroes and heroines since… well since the heroine’s parents' story.

Kristen Haardred the beloved daughter of a Viking lord and a fierce celtic mother, knew she would marry for nothing less than true love. Almost forced into marriage by a determined suitor and facing an arranged marriage, she sneaks onto her brother’s ship headed east for trade. Only they weren’t’ headed for trade- they were going-a-viking.

Unfortunately ra
Vivisection
I was on the Smart Bitches, Trashy Books website a few days ago reading the Johanna Lindsay discussion. Many waxed sweetly about this book Hearts Aflame--how it was both rape-y and feminist all at the same time. It's hard to think of a smutty romances as *that* paradoxical but the 80s were the golden age of bodice rippers when tempestuous and fiery women could only be subdued by alpha males with giant members and big muscles. That's just how it was. It would get, well...rape-y.

Anywho, imagine m
Sylvia
Aug 21, 2011 Sylvia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book long, long ago and then downloaded it again for my Kindle. I'd forgotten every bit of the story in the years in between, but I still loved it when I read it again. In some ways it's old school romance, in others (especially the sensuality level) I think Ms. Lindsey was ahead of her time (as she was in writing futuristic romance!). She was a treasured author for me for a long time and now I remember why. :)
Becca
Jan 11, 2016 Becca rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buddy read complete. Thank you Ally Georgie for reading this with me! I was not sure what to expect from this book and it was nice to have someone along for the ride.

Now, I know a 3 star review implies that this was a so-so read, but in this case it is serving as an average of my 5-star feelings and my 1-star feelings. I think this may be one of the oldest romances I have ever read. In fact, it is just a tiny bit older than me! It is shocking how much has changed in the romance genre in the past
Kat Desi
Jul 03, 2015 Kat Desi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Because even though I'm torn with my opinion on Fires of Winter, I am not yet ready to leave the Haardrads. Despite my misgivings, I adored that cozy Viking family. Then I ended up absolutely loving everything about this book! I couldn't tear myself away!

Kristen is Garrick and Brenna Haardrad's only daughter. She longs for a marriage of love and passion like her parents'. She knows that she won't find it at home. So when her brother Selig is set to sail, she stows away on the ship but when they
Maureen Feeney
Follow up to "Fires of Winter"

Kristen Haardrad smuggled herself in her brother Selig's ship bound to go on a trading voyage. But once aboard she finds out they are going "Viking", meaning they are going raiding. The plan is to raid a saxon church but it goes wrong and they are captured. Because of her height and boys clothes Kristen passes herself off as a boy but Royce of Wyndhurst soon realises she is female and puts her working in his hall. He makes her wears chains and fights his attraction
Jillian Eaton
Apr 01, 2012 Jillian Eaton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I remember sneaking this book off my mom's shelf when I was fourteen and reading it. Probably not the best reading material for a young teenager, but nevertheless I fell head over heels in love with Kristen and Royce and have read Hearts Aflame a dozen times over since then. It is, in my opinion, the best book I have ever read by Lindsey (and I have read nearly all of them). There was action, adventure, love, betrayal, and a tough as nails female heroine, something I had never encountered be ...more
❆ Crystal ❆
My favorite book in this series of 3 books. I have read numerous times and each time I never skip a sentence. I TREASURE this book. It is so good, so well written and I just love their story. I will read again, and again. I have paperback and e-book... In fact, it was 1 of the first books I purchased when I got my first Kindle.

12/24/14 - I read again for the 4th or 5th time and it was just as awesome as all the other times. I love this book
❆ Crystal ❆
Well, I woke up this am thinking about Kristin and Royce. I decided to read this again.... I think I've read this now 5 times??? I still love it.
~Leslie~
Aug 13, 2011 ~Leslie~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book-nook
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book but I have to say that it was a great bodice-ripper, viking/Celt historical romance. But with a twist. And it's the twist that saves it. In this story, Kristen is the Viking, who goes raiding with her brother, and is captured by a Saxon lord and becomes a slave. But Kristen is a wonderful heroine. Her bodice may be ripped but his chausses are ripped right back! This is no meek heroine, but neither is she the bitter, angry heroine either. This story is ...more
Kris
Oct 19, 2008 Kris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read historical romances in my early teens, and my favories were Johanna Lindsey and Jude Devereaux. I read Hearts Aflame like 3-4 times. It's wild and oh so sexy.
Lelyana
Aug 05, 2011 Lelyana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Viking story....tentang Royce si Saxon dan Kristen putri Garrick dan Brenna di buku pertama.

Menghindari lamaran2 yang tidak di inginkan, dan ingin mencari petualangan dan suami di luar lingkungannya, Kristen mengendap2 ke kapal Selig ,kakak nya yang akan berlayar untuk berdagang tanpa sepengetahuan orang tua nya.

Sayangnya ternyata mereka tidak hanya akan berdagang tapi Selig berniat merampok biara Juro , murka saat memergoki Kristen ada di kapal nya. Kristen tetap memaksa ikut walau Seli
annisa belikov casillas
Buku ke dua cerita ttg si kristen anaknya brenna dan garrick...

ceritanya di mulai dari si kristen mo ikut berlayar sama selig (kakanya) tapi engga boleh sama garrick..alesannya kristen mo ikut berlayar pertama dia mo cari jodoh,,,yg kedua di mau menghindar dari si dirk (dirk suka sama kristen,,tapi kristennya engga mau,,,kristen cuma nganggap dirk temen)...

pas si selig dah berlayar ternyata si kristen udah ngumpet di gudang didalam kapal http://www.smileycodes.info
akhirnya ketauanlah si kristen sama selig,,tadinya tuh ka
Lakshmi C
I liked the story but am confused about the rating.

Kirsten kept me glued to the book. She was resouceful, could defend herself and was pursued by an obsessed suitor. She is beautiful but has problems finding a husband. She's looking for someone similar to her Father, a man who is both gentle and dangerous. Settling for less is not an option, she sets sail on her father's ship by hiding in the cargo.
Royce is on the verge of being tricked into marriage and is a frustrated Lord.
He puts his duty to
Regan Walker
Superb Viking-Saxon Romance!

This is one of my all time favorite Viking romances. It is the 2nd in a trilogy, stories of a Viking family (FIRES OF WINTER, HEARTS AFLAME and SURRENDER MY LOVE), but it can be enjoyed as a stand-alone. It is quite wonderful--an engaging story and well-told. In a bit of a twist, it’s a Saxon lord capturing a Viking maiden.

Set in the late 9th century when Vikings sailed south to England, Scotland and Ireland to raid, it tells the story of Kristen Haardrad, the indepen
Edina Rose
Nov 18, 2011 Edina Rose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kristen is the daughter of Lady Brenna and Garrick from Fires of Winter. She is very tall and athough she is feminine as well, she is not delicate at all. She is physically strong, and just like her mum, she fights better than most men and she has too much pride for her own good.

She is captured by saxons, and become the slave of Royce, a powerful and most gorgeous saxon. Though Royce is not a viking, he is taller, bigger and stronger than most of them. Just like her mom, Kristen falls in love w
Sammy
Heroine is the highlighting character of the book , not because she is Heroine , but because , you simply cant imagine rating this book without thinking about her spirit.

I liked her enthusiasm , her honesty , her NO bull Shit attitude and her love for her friends - family and the Hero.

I also liked Vikings nature , they were so damn optimistic , even in the face of tragedy , like losing you means of escape they were laughing and glad they had that piece of entertainment atleast... Lols... now tha
Pamela(AllHoney)
This is the second book in Johanna Lindsey's Haardrad Viking Family series. One of Ms Lindsey's books that stood the test of time for me. I read this many, many years ago and loved it. Not too long ago I reread a bunch of Ms Lindsey's older books and some didn't work for me after all these years.
Sherri
Sep 29, 2010 Sherri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read_2010
I'd forgotten how much I liked Johanna Lindsey. :-) Can't beat an old bodice ripper for entertainment.
Tiko
aww i think its better then the first one... loooved it :D
Nhi Nguyễn
It's been a long time since I last read a historical romance novel set in Medieval times, and I'm glad I read this book. I came upon "Hearts Aflame" and decided to read it purely because the female protagonist shared the same English name with me - Kristen ^^ And I must admit I wasn't much in love with the book at first. But the more I read, the more I started to care about the characters, especially my girl Kristen.

She is the epitome of a strong feminist - a beautiful surprise considering the t
Sera
Chandra
AUTHOR: JOHANNA LINDSEY is a Romance, Historical Fiction, Fantasy writer. Book (1) FIRES OF WINTER took you from the Celtics of Wales to the Vikings of Norway. This book (2) HEARTS AFLAME takes you from the Vikings of Norway to the Saxons of Wessex.

GENRE: Romance, Historical Fiction.

SETTING: Norway 873 A.D.

CENTRAL CHARACTERS: KRISTEN HAARDRAD is a strikingly beautiful young Norwegian Viking and desired by many of the male population in and around her village. She does not want any of them but sh
Win
Nov 02, 2010 Win rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, favorite
  • Dream of Me/Believe in Me (Viking & Saxon, #1 & #2)
  • Season of the Sun (Viking, #1)
  • Golden Surrender (Viking, #1)
  • The Silver Devil
  • The Angel and the Prince
  • The Dragon Lord
  • The Dragon and the Jewel (Medieval Plantagenet #2)
  • The Conqueror (deWarenne Dynasty, #1)
  • Untamed (Medieval, #1)
  • Candle in the Window (Medieval, #1)
  • While Passion Sleeps (Louisiana #8)
  • Embrace and Conquer
  • The Taming (Peregrine, #1)
  • Savage Surrender
  • Edin's Embrace
  • The Panther and the Pearl
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom
More about Johanna Lindsey...

Haardrad Family (3 books)
  • Fires of Winter (Haardrad Viking Family, #1)
  • Surrender My Love (Haardrad Viking Family, #3)

“Defeat held no honor.” 8 likes
“You are not my wife yet, to concern yourself in my affairs."
"And when I am your wife?"
His conscience pricked him, making him snap, "You will learn not to question me."

-Royce to Corliss-”