Start by marking “The Vintage Tea Party Book” as Want to Read:
The Vintage Tea Party Book

The Vintage Tea Party Book

With this year being the 60th Anniversary of the Festival of Britain, and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations to look forward to next year - everyone is feeling nostalgic, patriotic and excited, and thoughts turn to celebrations with friends and family - parties, bunting and delicious home made food. And to help with organising the perfect party comes a very timely, a ...more
Published August 1st 2011 by Mitchell Beazley (first published 2011)

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollThe Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha ChristieDeath by Darjeeling by Laura ChildsThe Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul by Douglas AdamsThe Kitchen God's Wife by Amy Tan
Tea Time!
268 books — 81 voters
The Book of Afternoon Tea by Lesley MackleyThe Harney & Sons Guide to Tea by Michael HarneyPersuasion by Jane AustenThe Age of Innocence by Edith WhartonTea with Jane Austen by Kim Wilson
All About Tea
104 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

Martini
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is definetely one of the most beautiful cookbooks (and more!) that I have ever seen. Highly recommended for everybody who is interested in the traditional English Tea Party, English lifestyle and everything vintage.
Camilla
Aug 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Lovely book that was given to me as a gift by a friend. Lots of recipes to drool over, although as a vegetarian there's little likelihood i'll be making most of them. Nice to see a book about tea parties that isn't full of cupcakes.
Sarah Wingo
Jan 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So I just got this book as a gift and I'm kind of ridiculously excited about it.

At first glance: "Oooooh, pretty!" On further inspection: blow your mind amazing.

Recipes, crafts, party planning tips and all fabulously vintage themed?

YES PLEASE!
Orsolya
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am obsessed with all things vintage: clothing, furniture, recipes, decorations… The list goes on. What else do I love? Tea. I consider myself quite a tea connoisseur. I may have met my new best friend: Angel Adoree, a lovely woman who owns and operates a party- planning company in England specializing in vintage-themed tea parties. Adoree presents this lifestyle and her celebratory sass in, “The Vintage Tea Party Book”.

“The Vintage Tea Party Book” is not a book which can be easily categorized,
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks, tea
Such a fun book. Lent to me by the girl who once tried to track me down a French tea book at my local used book store and who now works at my greengrocer, Legacy Greens.

I probably won't ever make any of the recipes (well, maybe one or two), but I enjoyed reading it. I love the spirit of the author, Angel Adoree, and love the animal illustrations, especially the four bunny ballerinas who introduce the chapter on Afternoon (pp. 104-05).
Charlotte
Apr 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I adore vintage so this was a must have just because of the front cover! The art work is just wonderful, if not magical with it's animals and old style all mixed up to create a rather special tea party!

The tea parties themselves are in chapters breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening. Even including how to make invitations and not to forget the thankyous!

Initially at glance I thought the food looked fun and nice to look at in a book but probally not something I would ever really attempt. Reading
Jazzy Lemon
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a charming book, lovingly scripted with beautiful drawings, photos, recipes and style tips (you can even make your own vintage aprons). This is a book that you will enjoy thumbing through time and time again.
Annamaria
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the most beautiful thing I've ever owned! Gorgeous pictures and interesting recipes! It makes me feel inspired everytime I open it!
Kate
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
I *really* have to get a 'robin redbreast in a bowler hat' tattoo now
Coline
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The book is fabulous. That's it.
Nici Writes
This is one of those cookbooks that I love to own because it's more than just a collection of recipes. Along with the wonderfully nostalgic recipes are tips for putting together the perfect vintage tea party, such as ideas for serving the dishes and decorating the table; crafts; clothes, hair and makeup; and generally getting into the vintage spirit.

This book is filled with beautiful illustrations as well as gorgeously styled food photos. I really just makes me want to host an afternoon tea ever
William Bitterman
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely gorgeous book. Every page is a work of art and makes you want to throw an immediate (and very lavish) tea party. It has inspired me to look for glassware and teacups any time I get near an antique store. Great as a coffee table book or as a resource for recipes and tea party instructions.
Stella
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tea
So many bookmarked recipes to try! Totally worth doing metric conversions for.
Shona Smith
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The loveliest cookbook I’ve ever read. Perfectly combines my love of tea parties with my love of all things vintage.
Ricki Treleaven
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
For the past couple of weeks I've been reading The Vintage Tea Party Book by Angel Adoree. I. Love. This. BOOK! :D It's the cutest tea party book I've ever read. You really need to go to your local library and check it out. I bet you'll want to buy a copy once you do. I did!

Normally I don't include the book synopsis from the back of the book in my book reviews, but I love the synopsis on the back of The Vintage Tea Party:

Angel Adoree cordially invites you to accompany her on a journey to create
Beth
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Vintage Tea Party Book has so much whimsy in it you can't help but feel like a child while reading it. It's filled with fanciful sketches on every page, photos of recipes done with unique containers and table decor, and sweet introductions for every recipe and craft.

What you'll find in this book: tea time recipes, both traditional and innovative (in metric but with US measurement conversions listed); encouragement on how to create a tea party (brunch, afternoon tea, or evening meal); libatio
Kirsty
Aug 28, 2011 rated it it was ok
This is a very pretty and aesthetically pleasing book, but it was not quite what I was hoping for.

The book itself is of very high quality, with plenty of photos of cute vintage items to keep you flicking through. The party planning and hosting tips were very informative and useful, as were the tips on what to look out for when purchasing vintage clothes and other items. I also liked the ideas for decorations at the party, and I found these to be the highlight of the book for me

However, I have
Alisha
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rcpl
Just finished a quick look-through of this gorgeous volume, enough to know which pages I want to revisit, and to confirm that the whole thing is delightful. Filled with out of the ordinary recipes that appear delectable and don't have too many ingredients; I will definitely be making some Earl Grey truffles sooner rather than later. I may possibly bake a grapefruit. Brie and walnut scones, you are on my list. Tea-quila Sunrise speaks for itself.

The book is not just recipes; it also has suggesti
Jamie
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I picked this up on a whim at the library this weekend and Wow! What a delightful little book! I loved that each recipe had a sweet little write up by the author. The styling and photos are lovely and a pleasure to look at it! While I found the attention to detail a little outside my wheelhouse, I was very inspired by the little projects peppered throughout the book. I have not yet tried any recipes from the book, as I am a little intimidated by the British measurements (although oz measurements ...more
Sarah Jackson
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a wonderful book! It is full of brilliant recipe ideas, vintage crafts (including flag making) and instructions on how to get the vintage look! There are recipes for brunches, morning and afternoon teas and evening functions. Some look easy and some look quite difficult. The book is easy to read, with many beautiful pictures and easy to follow instructions. I can't wait to have a tea party of my own, although I am not sure that I have the time required to set my hair as instructed. Well wor ...more
Kel
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loc, 4-and-5-stars
This is a truly an all-encompassing guide to hosting your very own vintage style tea party.

From choosing the right location and creating the desired atmosphere, to making your own apron and invitations, choosing the perfect meal plan (recipes included) and making delicious tea cocktails, this book has everything you need. EVERYTHING!

The book itself is one of the prettiest books I have ever seen. The pictures and illustrations are adorable and fun.

This book would make a wonderful gift for anyone
NoBeatenPath
Oct 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
A book written with a light but loving touch, outlining the joys of the tea party, with a vintage twist. It is separated into three sections which outline different types of tea parties - brunch, afternoon tea and evenings - with a myriad of yummy recipes interspersed with style suggestions, including patters for aprons or uses for odd teacups.

Whether you plan on hosting your own tea party, love cute recipe books or are looking for some vintage inspiration trying to find a copy of this book and
Michelle
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Angel Adoree has thought of everything. This book is so delightfully British, I loved all the tea themed cocktails. I quite happily just spent the last two hours devouring the pages of this beautiful book. The drawings and the photographs are absolutely gorgeous, as are the delicious looking treats.
Jamie
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book! There are wonderful recipes perfect for parties at any time of day. Also, craft information like making an apron, decorating, and doing your hair. Such a cute book!

Author Gail Carriger tweeted this blog link about the book:
Nikki Carnovale
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
It's an incredibly gorgeous book... Beautifully illustrated and is absolutely charming. Definitely a worthwhile read if you like tea! It has delightfully British recipes and has stunning pictures, and even a few surprise tutorials. It is a bit too whimsical in nature to be entirely practical, but it's so much fun imagining! A person can dream!
Rosemary
Dec 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
An excellent book with some fantastic recipes. The entire book is beautifully illustrated and a real visual spectacular. However, I would not necessarily reccomend the book to a vintage enthusiasts, unless they also have an interest in cooking and entertaining, they find the information on vintage style etc. to be familiar information.
Karyn
Jul 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
A friend gifted me with this book. She found it in Northern Ireland and thought I'd enjoy it. I most certainly have! I'm inspired to make tea sandwiches and have tea parties! This book is full of fun recipes and table-scape ideas.
Cassie
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
such a beautiful and pretentious book. I had never open a book with so many impossible recipes. The design is amazing, the pictures and illustrations are adorable. But it's a different life, it's another world. I can easily put this book on fiction shelf.
Maz
Feb 12, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoy the kitsch, the style, and the brief glimpse of the personal life of the author. There are some cute ideas and some nit so easily attainable ones, but dare to dream. I liked it enough to purchase the follow up and contemplate planning a few tea parties state side.
elizabeth
Jan 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking
Fun book - also includes projects like making aprons and how to style your hair in a vintage fashion. Some recipes are very quintessentially British, others have a more modern flair. Enjoyed the book and looking through it, but not quite sure how many recipes I would actually make.
A Passion for Vintage 1 6 Aug 19, 2011 07:33AM

• Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer: A Golden Treasury of Classic Treats
  • Ladurée: Sucré
  • The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days: Recipes to make every day special
  • Great British Bake Off: How to Bake: The Perfect Victoria Sponge and Other Baking Secrets
  • I Love Macarons
  • My Little French Kitchen
  • Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights
  • "Mums Know Best": The Hairy Bikers' Family Cookbook
  • Let's Bring Back: An Encyclopedia of Forgotten-Yet-Delightful, Chic, Useful, Curious, and Otherwise Commendable Things from Times Gone By
  • La Tartine Gourmande: Gluten-Free Recipes for an Inspired Life
  • The Italian Country Table: Home Cooking from Italy's Farmhouse Kitchens
  • Miette: Recipes from San Francisco's Most Charming Pastry Shop
  • The Green Kitchen: Delicious and Healthy Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day
  • The Goddess Guide
  • Lidia's Mastering the Art of Italian Cuisine: Everything You Need to Know to Be a Great Italian Cook
  • More From Magnolia: Recipes from the World Famous Bakery and Allysa Torey's Home Kitchen
  • SprinkleBakes: Dessert Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Artist