Jump to ratings and reviews

Lucky Harbor #2.5

Small Town Christmas

Three heartwarming holiday stories
to prove that love is the greatest gift of all

Kissing Santa Claus
NASCAR driver Logan Perrish returns to Lucky Harbor, Washington, with love in his heart and a ring in his pocket. But can Sandy Jansen forget the past and give him a second chance? Or will Logan be spending another Christmas alone?

I'll Be Home for Christmas
After ignoring the advice of Miz Miriam Randall, local matchmaker, Annie Roberts expects another hum drum holiday in Last Chance, South Carolina. But when a stray cat arrives in the arms of Army sergeant Matt Jasper, a calico named Holly just may be the best matchmaker of all.

O Little Town of Bramble
All Ethan Miller wants for Christmas is to celebrate in Bramble, Texas, with family and friends. But when his childhood neighbor, Samantha Henderson, comes home for the holiday, Ethan realizes that the girl-next-door could be the girl of his dreams.

136 pages, ebook

First published November 1, 2011

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Jill Shalvis

382 books12.6k followers
Multiple New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jill Shalvis lives in a small town in the Sierras full of quirky characters. Any resemblance to the quirky characters in her books is … mostly coincidental. Look for Jill’s bestselling, award-winning heartwarming and full of humor novels wherever books are sold and visit her website for a complete book list and blog detailing her city-girl-living-in-the-mountains adventures. Her newest Sunrise Cove novel, THE BACKUP PLAN, will be out on January 17th, and THE SWEETHEART LIST comes out in June!

Look for Jill's bestselling, award-winning novels wherever books are sold. Visit http://www.jillshalvis.com for a complete book list and fun blog detailing her city-girl-living-in-the-mountains adventures.

Connect with Jill:

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
134 (7%)
1 star
22 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 167 reviews
Profile Image for UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish.
1,166 reviews1,571 followers
November 20, 2015

I absolutely love reading holiday themed stories, especially during the Christmas holidays because they just seem to make the season that much more magical. These three stories are not deep or thought provoking, nor are they at all very steamy, but they are definitely sweet and very romantic.

Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis
It was such a sweet treat, returning to Lucky Harbor for another Christmas celebration. It seems like love is always in the air during the holidays there, and this time it’s Logan’s turn to find his happily ever after. 3.5 stars

I'll Be Home for Christmas by Hope Ramsay
This was a very sweet story about finding love where and when you least expect it. The writing wasn’t perfect, but the story had me a tad teary eyed in places. It's one of those stories that are just so magical at Christmas. 3 stars

Little Town of Bramble by Katie Lane
Okay, this was one of the cutest, sweetest, funniest short stories I’ve read in a long time! The town's "live nativity scene" had me giggling and laughing out loud to the point that my kids demanded to know what I was reading! 4 stars

The bottom line - If you’re looking for some fun, feel good stories to help ring in the holidays, and you enjoy sweet, uncomplicated stories that you don’t have to hide from your Great Aunt Gertie who has a heart condition, or your mother-in-law who … well… anyway… you really should consider giving this trilogy a read!

Thank you to Grand Central Publishing for providing me with a copy of this ebook through netgalley.com
Profile Image for Lyndy Ann ♫.
670 reviews
December 18, 2015
3* Kissing Santa Clause

I enjoyed this being back in Lucky Harbor spending time with Logan Perrish as he tries to win back his girl at Christmas. A cute quick romance wish it was longer and reminded me how I enjoy reading Jill Shalvis

2* I’ll Be Home for Christmas

I did not enjoy this the reason being for a short read there were too many characters so I did not connect with the main couple and the over use of the term “Mother” which I found cold also annoyed me.

2* O Little Town of Bramble

Again for a short story too many characters. I am used to bossy alpha men and Ethan at thirty was shy and quiet and could not talk to women PLEASE boring.
Profile Image for Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method).
1,603 reviews478 followers
December 4, 2016
Tis the season to read Christmas novellas! Alright, of the three, I think the story about the veteran and the stray cat was the most fully formed. The Nascar driver story was definitely an extension of another book which I've probably read but forgotten. The farm boy and vet girl story was also cute, but more of an interlude than a full story. In summary, I still prefer to read full novels but if you want some good Christmasy fun, these were diverting.
Profile Image for Bekah.
394 reviews38 followers
November 27, 2011
Kissing Santa Clause 3.5*
Jill Shalvis

In this very short story about Sandy Jenson and Logan Perrish, Jill Shalvis takes us back to Lucky Harbor and all of the characters we’ve all come to fall in love with. Logan is a world famous NASCAR star and Sandy is the small town clerk who has gone and fallen in love with him after a very short, very hot fling. After which he up and left and didn’t contact her for six months. But he comes waltzing back into her life at just the right moment. She’s lonely, a little sad and in a bind. Sandy doesn’t make it easy for him to come back and sweep her off her feet, though that is just what he does. This story had just the right amount of yummy spicy sweetness to keep you warm this winter! I always knew Logan had potential after we were introduced to him in The Sweetest Thing, and he definitely did not disappoint. It would have been nice to sit a little longer and read more of their story but hopefully we’ll get to see more of them in upcoming Lucky Harbor books, which we got a yummy peek of Head Over Heels at the end of this book! Definitely check it out!

I’ll Be Home for Christmas 2.5*
Hope Ramsey

In this short story Staff Sergeant Matt Jasper has come to deliver a present to his best friend’s grandmother when he is lured into a church by the sounds of a mewling cat and the angelic singing voice of Annie Roberts. Matt has never known what it is like to have the picturesque childhood his friend had described for him and when he leaves the Army he just can’t resist going to find a taste of hometown life. What he didn’t bargain on was wanting a little taste of Annie too, his friend’s childhood sweetheart. He quickly falls for the sweet Annie and Annie, having recently lost her mother and feeling a bit of hope for her future gives Matt just what he needs; a home, a place to belong and make memories. This is definitely a super sweet romance in a sweet little town called Last Chance. Matt and Annie definitely find their chance together.

O Little Town of Bramble 3*
Katie Lane

Ethan Miller is a good ole Midwestern farm boy who has a special way with animals and Samantha Henderson is the younger sister he never had. That is until she comes back from the big city with her doctorate in veterinarian medicine; Matt’s own lifelong dream. She’s a grown woman now, with a grown woman’s body and Matt can’t help but notice. Samantha has had a crush on Ethan for what seems like her entire life and he finally seems to be noticing her. They finally get a chance to have some alone time and clear the air on a few things, most importantly their feelings for one another and Matt, being the good boy he is, promises to do things big for his little Sam. This is another very sweet and romantic, yet lightly spicy as well, read. I enjoyed it.

Find my reviews at page 317.

Profile Image for Thenia.
3,828 reviews168 followers
May 14, 2019
*Only read Kissing Santa Claus (Lucky Harbor #2.5) - Jill Shalvis

A Christmas story about a couple that gets a second chance.

Sandy and Logan had a fling a few months back, but while Sandy fell in love with Logan and confessed her feelings to him in an email, he never responded, leaving her heartbroken.

She is feeling extra lonely during the holiday season, when Logan appears unexpectedly and this time, he plans to stay.

Short, sweet and straightforward, with a satisfying happy ending.

Previous book reviews:
The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2)
Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1)
Profile Image for Annie .
2,426 reviews804 followers
December 3, 2012
Posted on Under the Covers

Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis - 4 stars

This is Logan and Sandy’s story. In book two of the Lucky Harbor series, Tara’s ex-husband, Logan fights for his chance to get his wife back. Tara is in trouble because the man is a charming one - which makes him dangerous because although I was rooting for Ford and Tara to get together, it was hard to push Logan out of the way because he is so nice!

Finally, Logan has his own time to shine with this novella. He finds the girl of his dreams in Sandy Jansen and after their hot-as-hell fling five months ago, Logan made the big mistake of leaving Lucky Harbor. And Sandy.
So when he turns to Lucky Harbor, the small town welcomes him with open arms. Unfortunately for him, Sandy doesn’t.

It’s up to Logan to fight for what he wants. And boy, does the man know how to charm. He had me swooning a few times.

I thought this novella was very well paced and the only complaint I have is that I wished it was ten times longer than it was. Logan and Sandy deserve their own full-length book, but Shalvis did a fantastic job of incorporating heat and heart into his warming Christmas story.

I’ll be Home for Christmas by Hope Ramsay - 3 stars

Annie Roberts is expecting a dull Christmas. And Army sergeant Matt Jasper is thinking the same thing.
But it’s little kitty, Holly that seems to think that maybe these two could have a merry Christmas if they weren’t so alone...

Matt finds the small kitten in the Christmas display, crushing baby Jesus. Thinking that good fortune will be coming his way if she saves baby Jesus from this feline, he takes the small kitten inside a church, hoping to find its owner.

There he hears the voice of an angel. Or, rather Annie Roberts as she sings her favourite carols and the both of them hit it off.

This would be my first delve into Hope Ramsay’s books. I enjoyed the story but didn’t feel like the characters stood out for me. Matt was memorable and I really enjoyed the presence of his fallen brethren, Nick throughout the story. It was very heartfelt.

I liked how two lost souls found peace within each other. Very romantic.

O’ Little Town of Bramble by Katie Lane - 3 stars

Samantha Hendersen has returned to Bramble, Texas and stumbles upon Ethan Miller. While I haven’t read anything by Katie Lane before this, I found that I enjoyed her writing style. I could tell right off the bat that there was a solid friendship between the hero and heroine. They definitely had that vibe going on, but there was also undeniable attraction. The way Lane plays it out is very cute and interesting and I found myself becoming more intrigued by the characters as the story went on. I hope to read more of Katie Lane’s books in the future.

*ARC provided by Netgalley
Profile Image for Kari.
3,570 reviews84 followers
November 29, 2011
Gave it 3 stars because of the first story. The other 2 were probably about a 2.

Small Town Christmas is a short, sweet anthology with stories to get you in the mood for Christmas. Of the 3 stories, I liked Kissing Santa Claus the best. It was the only one where I felt the couple really felt anything for each other. There was enough back story between the 2 to feel their HEA. The other 2 stories were so-so.

I'll Be Home for Christmas, was just a little unbelievable. Stranger shows up in the town and is invited to stay with the ex-girlfriend of his best friend who was killed in action. Instant love and a HEA? Nah didn't buy it. I felt it ended too soon and it needed more development between the characters. I didn't like their HEA.

The last one, O Little Town of Bramble, was just too fast. I never felt the connection between the 2 characters. There was discussion of a long time crush on both parts, but I never felt the connection between the 2 characters. I also thought Ethan's parents were a bit cruel to their son toward the end.

Anyway, it's a quick read, something to fill the time while you are waiting for Santa to arrive.
Profile Image for Karla.
986 reviews1,089 followers
November 27, 2011
Kissing Santa Claus(Lucky Harbor Series)

Nice little addition to the series about Logan and Sandy. I really enjoyed these two in The Sweetest Thing and was excited to see them get a story of their own. Well they did, but unfortunately it was way too short. Sweet, but I wanted more. However, I was happy to be back in Lucky Harbor and we even get a little bit of Jax, yummy! I’m hoping Logan and Sandy will make appearances in the upcoming books.
Profile Image for Dee.
2,403 reviews17 followers
December 17, 2017
Review haiku for Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis:

He's NASCAR driver
She's town clerk, had fling with him
Love Lucky Harbor!

Nice set of holiday novellas. I especially liked Katie Lane's "O Little Town of Bramble"
Profile Image for Carissa.
2,713 reviews66 followers
January 9, 2023
I only read Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis and Little Town of Bramble by Katie Lane, they both were only 6 chapters each. I would skip as they felt more like scenes and I wouldn't categorize as a novella. They just felt like teasers for me, save the frustration of reading this one, and pick up their full length books instead.
Profile Image for Sarah.
3,323 reviews1,013 followers
December 9, 2014
Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis - 4 Stars

I absolutely love Jill Shalvis's Lucky Harbor series so it's no surprise that this story was my main reason for wanting to read the Small Town Christmas anthology. We first met Logan in the second book in the series, The Sweetest Thing. He is Tara's ex-husband and came to Lucky Harbor hoping to win her back but was facing fierce competition from her first love Ford. Now I have to admit that while I was routing for Ford to win Tara's affections I did develop a little bit of a crush on Logan so it was nice to be able to see him get his own happy ending. My only disappointment with this story is that I wanted more and I'd have loved for it to be a full length novel!

Logan met Sandy five months ago and they ended up having a rather steamy affair but Logan broke her heart when he left her to return to his job as a NASCAR driver. His time away has made him realise how much she means to him but now that he is back and hoping for a second chance Sandy isn't quite so keen to let him back into her life. It's going to take all of Logan's sweet talking skills to earn him a place in Sandy's life. This was such a fun story and made a perfect Christmas read, anyone who is a fan of Jill Shalvis is sure to love this addition to the Lucky Harbor series.

I'll be Home for Christmas by Hope Ramsay - 3 Stars

After the death of her mother Annie is expecting to spend the holidays alone but when soldier Matt turns up on her doorstep with a stray cat it looks like things are about to change. Matt has come to Last Chance to make good on his promise to deliver his friend Nick's last Christmas present to his grandmother. Matt is also hoping that he might get to experience his first ever proper Christmas but he actually finds a whole lot more.

This is the first time I've read anything by Hope Ramsay but I'll be Home for Christmas has definitely made me interested in checking out more of the Last Chance series, I enjoyed meeting some of the quirky side characters like the town matchmaker and would like to get to know them better. I did find the romance between Annie and Matt developed a little too quickly for my taste but it is very hard to write a believable romance between two characters who have never met before in a short novella so I can forgive that. Overall I found it a sweet story and I liked the underlying message about what is really important in life.

O Little Town of Bramble by Katie Lane - 4 Stars

Sam has been away from her home town Bramble for years while she completed her studies to become a vet. Now she is taking time out to visit her family for the holidays before she finds a place to set up her own practise. She always had a crush on her neighbour Ethan but he always treated her more as a younger sister than a potential girlfriend. Ethan has missed his best friend while she has been away but now Sam is back and he realises that she's all woman! Can he get past his shyness and convince her to stay in Bramble and make a life with him?

Katie Lane was another new to me author but I enjoyed O Little Town of Bramble so much that I've already ordered the first three books in the series. I loved the humour in this story and just know that I've found myself another favourite series. The romance between Ethan and Sam is perfectly paced, they have been friends forever but now that they have developed deeper feelings they are so tongue tied around each other that it was hilarious to watch. They make a great couple though and I just hope we get to see more of them as the series continues. I have to mention how amusing the live nativity was and it really did put me in the mood for the Christmas holidays! I can't wait to go back and read the rest of this series.
Profile Image for Lisa.
913 reviews25 followers
December 13, 2011
This is a real quick read. Good for taking with you to appointments when you have some time to read. With three shorter stories you can get through each one pretty quick. Very Christmas spirited but not overly so you could choke. lol If you read Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbor series her story Kissing Santa Claus takes place in Lucky Harbor when Logan Perrish gets wise and comes back to get Sandy the town clerk he whirlwind loved and left behind months ago. He's going to have to work hard to get her to believe in him. Being Santa Claus might help. Funny and fun and sweet. A+ for this one. The second story is I'll be home for Christmas by Hope Ramsay she writes a series called Last Chance and this is part of that i believe. Matt Jasper shows up in town freshly out of the Army after years of service with a gift for a old Army buddies grandmother. He tells himself he's friend wanted his grandmother to have the present and he is just making sure that happens ( friend is deceased) In reality his friend Nick had told Matt all about his hometown and growing up there and his ex-girlfriend he never got over. He finds himself staying at her house and hanging out with her decorating and doing Christmas stuff. He has feeling for Annie his friends ex girlfriend but he has doubts as to his welcome in this town too. This was a touching slightly sad story with a happy ending. Very nice. I give is a B. The last one is called O Little Town of Bramble by Katie Lane. This was was fun too. Some of the characters seemed familiar to me although i know i have not read this author before. Then i remembered i have her last two releases on my TBR pile that i won from another blog. I had read the back pack blurbs and knew i wanted to read them. I will be doing that soon too. Ethan is 30 and has put off his life pretty much for 2 reasons. His parents farm. He felt he needed to stay and help out especially after his dad fell and got hurt. He was a little afraid. Yup he was a bit nervous to go off to college so he put it off and never did get to go. Now his parents announce that since he didn't use the college fund money he didn't even know he had, that they are going to move to the beach and let him have the farm. Top that off with the girl next door he grew up with a loved like a sibling is back for Christmas and newly graduated veterinarian which was his dream. Lots of stuff for one body to deal with until he figures out that maybe what he felt for the girl next door wasn't sibling love but something else. Cute and funny Christmas story. Make you want to know more about the other characters as well. I give it a A. As a whole i give A Small Town Christmas 4 out of 5 stars. A nice Christmas read anyone can enjoy.

Find out more about the authors from the links below.

www.hoperamsay.com

www.jillshalvis.com

www.katielanebooks.com
Profile Image for Annette.
1,524 reviews7 followers
February 10, 2022
This is an anthology of 3 very sweet and charming short stories.

Each of the stories take place in small town Texas. And each of the stories has a heroine and hero who are surrounded by town folks who want to be involved in their lives.

The authors are all writers who enjoy their work and it shows.

The main characters are entertaining and the reader automatically desires a happily ever after for each of them.

I enjoyed this group of stories and there was a definite feeling of Christmas in the air, even though it is February. But, that means Valentine’s Day is near.
Profile Image for Lynsey.
391 reviews25 followers
April 19, 2014
I read this for Jill Shalvis but actually I have discovered a brilliant new-to-me author! Who cares if I have countless unread books on my shelf, on my iphone and on my kindle. Some girls need shoes...I need more books!

Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis was fabulous! 4 stars.
This was a really sweet addition to the Lucky Harbour series and it gave us closure on Tara's ex husband Logan. He proved himself to be not-such-a-bad-guy-after-all in Tara and Ford's book and so I was really happy to see him get his HEA with someone who means more to him than himself.

I'll be home for Christmas by Hope Ramsey was only ok. 2 stars.
I thought this showed some real promise to start with but the writing style was, to me, quite old fashioned and uninteresting. It felt a bit clunky and unsophisticated. I wouldn't attempt any others by this writer.

O Little Town of Bramble by Katie Lane was just brilliant. 5 stars!
I really really loved this. Well written, well crafted, funny, sweet, excellent characters, great dialogue. This is exactly how a short story is done people! I've seen Katie Lane's books before but, to be honest, the covers really put me off. They look trashy and I had no idea that such good quality stories could be inside. I am going to correct this oversight immediately!
Profile Image for Cocktails and Books.
4,065 reviews312 followers
December 23, 2011
I'm not generally one for anthology stories. They're too short for me (I need substance!!), but I got this one because I had to know what happened with Logan after Tara and Ford got back together in Jill Shalvis' Kissing Santa Claus.

For the Jill Shalvis story, this was Jill Shalvis crammed into a tiny box. I love Jill Shalvis, but I need Jill to have lots of space and pages to let the story flow.

Logan and Sandy had some "stuff" to work out before they could get their HEA, but I guess with a Christmas short we can bypass all that messy stuff and skip right to the I love you's and want to marry you's in front of the entire town having Christmas breakfast.

That said, it was Jill Shalvis so I enjoyed it.

The other two stories we further proof that I don't like anthologies. I'll Be Home For Christmas was so rushed that I didn't feel like I could connect or care about any of the characters. And in O Little Town of Bramble I felt like I just walked into the middle of a tornado. There was so much thrown at you so fast without any time to really get a fell for why things were happening that I threw my hands up and said "whatever".

If you're looking for some quick holiday stories, this may be for you. Me, I truly need to stay away from the anthologies because they just don't work for me.
Profile Image for marieno.
764 reviews
September 28, 2018
Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis: Now that I know that she can write masterpiece like Forever and a Day, I'm always on the lookout for more. But it's still a cute story about Logan and Sandy.

O Little Town of Bramble by Katie Lane: What a joy to be back in Bramble, Texas and to see Rachel Dean, Kenny Gene, Mayor Harley Sutter and Sherman the pig.
Sam had a sad childhood. She's back in Bramble for Christmas after getting her diploma as a Vetenarian. Her father has changed and with him and the new woman in his life, they will toast to new beginnings.
Ethan and Sam used to be closed before she went away. She had a crush on him and him on her but being a patient man and five year her senior, he didn't make a move. When they see each other again, he's happy but also a little bit sad because she lived his dream (becoming a vetenarian) and he stayed in Bramble to take care of the family farm. (Also, his parents just told him they are moving.)
With the help of Sam's sister Marcy and the whole town, Ethan and Sam will make plans for their future.
Profile Image for Diana.
106 reviews109 followers
December 18, 2011
3.5 stars really but bumping it to four stars because of my love for the second story in this anthology, I’ll be home for Christmas by Hope Ramsay. So much love for this heartwarming tale of love and hope in this Christmas season.

ETA: Because I've finally read the three books in the Lucky Harbor series, and I wanted to reread Jill Shalvis' Kissing Santa Claus to see if I see it differently now that I know who Logan and Sandy are. And yup, yup! I like it soo much better now, lol. Especially knowing who Logan was like in LH#2 ... It was a very sweet story, and it had plenty of laugh-out-loud moments and dialogues too. Very nice, and I really felt for Sandy, and I really, really was rooting for Logan. :D 4 stars too. :D
Profile Image for Erin.
1,725 reviews58 followers
February 19, 2016
Read only for Katie Lane's O Little Town of Bramble.

I enjoyed Ethan in the last book, when he proposed to Hope and gave her Sherman the pig.

You could tell that he was quiet, but everyone thought he was dumb or slow.

No, he was just quiet and didn't like change.

Oh my goodness his parents! I would have been beyond furious with them if I had found out that they had saved college money for him, but never told him. So he never went, and then that they were going to spend it on themselves. OMG I would have disowned them!

The love story was a bit fun.

I wish that Ethan had actually gotten a full length story though, I liked him that much.
Profile Image for Laura.
258 reviews24 followers
December 31, 2011
My sole purpose in requesting this book from Netgalley was to get the short about Logan and Sandy from Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbor series. I didn't feel as attached to Logan and Sandy as I would have liked to, given that there was not very much information about them in the previous two novels in the series. However, the familiar writing of Shalvis was evident in the short forty some pages. I enjoy a holiday themed romance and I especially enjoy a holiday romance where the hero totally melts the heroine, and my, heart! Success! Four stars!!!
Profile Image for Christa.
2,214 reviews419 followers
October 4, 2011
This book consists of three very short Christmas stories. The stories in this book would be a good choice when you are looking for something really quick to read. The one by Jill Shalvis was my favorite. I enjoyed reading about the characters in each story. They were all likeable and I wanted things to work out well for the. I enjoyed the storylines and am glad that I had the opportunity to read this ARC through Netgalley.

Profile Image for Jane.
190 reviews27 followers
December 17, 2013
This is Logan and Sandy's story. Though a little unbelievable, since before their separation 5 month before this story took place, they had only been together for a week. Though it was a passionate 5 weeks where they seemed to share more than just steamy sex. If you can get past the impossibility of this romance, it is a REALLY sweet story~
I definitely enjoy novellas for the straight forwardness of it. Happy ending is never more than a few chapters away. Yay!
A really nice christmas read.
Profile Image for Figlet.
473 reviews60 followers
December 6, 2014
I thought I read this long ago, but apparently I did not.

I read it tonight though so...

Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis - rated 3.5 - 4 stars
I'll Be Home for Christmas by Hope Ramsey - rated 4 stars
O'Little Town of Bramble by Katie Lane - rated 3.5 stars

Displaying 1 - 30 of 167 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.