Start by marking “Remembrance (Transcend Time, #1)” as Want to Read:
Remembrance (Transcend Time, #1)

Remembrance (Transcend Time Saga #1)

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  3,756 Ratings  ·  634 Reviews
Lizzie Davenport has been reincarnated from 1815, England ... but she doesn't realize it until she meets her soul mate from the past and he triggers her memories to gradually return.

When Drew Carmichael transfers into Lizzie's high school, she feels a connection to him, like she knows him. But he wants nothing to do with her. Reaching Drew is more difficult because she ha
Published July 25th 2011 by Dreamscape Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Remembrance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remembrance

Giselle
Sep 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, arc
Inspired from the Love Story music video by Taylor Swift, Madow created this wonderful unique love story that will make you want to be young and fall in love all over again.

I really loved the characters in this novel. I completely connected with Lizzie. She wasn't the most popular girl at school, nor was she a complete loser. She was your average American girl with normal teenage problems and worries. She has great friends and a not so perfect long term boyfriend - we'll get to him in a second.
“Whatever exists between us is powerful enough to transcend time, but instead you ignore it, date my best friend, and act like it doesn’t even matter!”

This was a YA contemporary romance, with a past-life twist.

Lizzie was an okay character, although how she put up with Jeremy for 3 years I don’t know. I was pleased when she finally came to her senses though, even if lusting after her best friend’s boyfriend tarnished her reputation slightly.

The storyline in this was about Lizzie recognising a
Michelle Madow
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Since I'm not going to review my own book, instead I'll share with you how I got the idea for Remembrance. Remembrance was inspired by Taylor Swift's "Love Story" music video.

The “Love Story” music video premiered in the fall of 2008. The first time I watched it, I was entranced. Taylor sees a guy while walking through campus, and the moment their eyes connect, the scene flashes to the two of them dancing at a beautiful ball dressed in clothes that appear to be from around the year 1815. It’s ma
Sita
Remembrance was a nice debut from a new author, I liked the plot and the main idea’s behind the book, I think the characters could have been improved (they were a bit one dimensional, not that believable), but other than that, a good book. I read it all in one sitting, so yeah it was interesting, it had just the right amount of twists and turns. I look forward to more books by this author.
Carrie
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lizzie Davenport has been slowly pulling away from her boyfriend Jeremy for a while but hasn't decided just yet to end things since they have been together for so long. When a new guy, Drew Carmichael, shows up in school though Lizzie finds herself strangely drawn to him.

Drew however seems to want nothing to do with Lizzie. But Lizzie just can't shake the feeling that she knows him from somewhere and her when her friend shows interest Lizzie is a bit jealous but can't stop her since she is stil
Carla
Remembrance is VERY avarage YA book about love and reincarnation. It's about Elizabeth, a very normal girl who lives a calm and peaceful life until the day she meets Drew. She falls for him almost instantly, but it's not that simple: She has a boyfriend, and Drew starts to date Chelsea, her best friend.

What can I say about this book? The writting is good, but the pace is too slow. Nothing ever happens. I put it away many times, and I just rushed to finish it because I wanted to be done with it.

A
Ariana
Jun 30, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

I am deeply sorry to give a bad rating to this book that most of my friends loved (also because the author seems really nice), but at this point I am really looking for something new to read, not necessarily to blow my mind but still to keep me interested and if possible in love with the story. Otherwise I'd read one of my favorite books again and get over with it.

So, maybe a while back (quite some years back, to be honest) I would have found this book more compelling. See, this the problem whe
Kimmy
Oct 28, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh, if a book contains a constant droning of rehashed, uncreative sentences like "You know I'll always be here for you, right?", "Always and forever", "I've never been so sure about anything in my life.", "You’re everything to me—you always have been, and you always will be." and "It would be like losing a part of who I am", OMG, I think I would rather scroll through the list of Goodreads quotes to while away my time, and I can even get more decent and original quotes there. Of course if ...more
Donita Luz
"The moment my eyes met his, the other students in the room blurred into the background. My heart felt like it was pumping at a faster than normal rate, and my lips parted slightly as I took in the sight of the boy who looked so familiar, even though I couldn't remember where we'd met before."
If overly cheesy lines and unbelievably awkward insta-loves are your kind of thing, then by any means, don't let my rant review to stop you from reading this soap opera of a novel, maybe I'am just not th
Emma (BelleBooks)
Firstly I want to say a massive thank you to the author Michelle Madow, who contacted me offering a review copy of Remembrance. If it wasn't for that email, I would probably have never came across this amazing book!

Remembrance follows the story of high school girl Lizzie, just as the summer has come to and end and it's time to head back to school for a new term.
As the story unfolds the reader meets Lizzie's boyfriend Jeremy who has recently been made co-captain on the school football team, and s
Fiona
I saw Remembrance free on Kindle, and I was awestruck on how beautiful its cover and intriguing the blurb was. That pique my curiosity into reading it. I wasn't really expecting anything on this book, so I was honestly surprised with just how beautiful the story is on the inside. Remembrance wasn't something mind-blowing or life-changing, but I found reading it addicting and has kept my interest throughout the end. It has saved me from my reading slump (hallelujah!), and that was really an A for ...more
Tamara
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love discovering new YA authors. And, when I got Remembrance from Michelle I was excited. This novel, I'm happy to say, lived up to my expectations. It is a story new to me, I've never read a novel with a theme like this, but it never disappointed. I mean, the story flew well, the characters were interesting, I liked how the author payed attention to the small details like names (you have to read the novel to see what I mean here ;)).

Let me find one passage for you. Ah, here it is.

But it was t
oliviasbooks
I think, I have two and a half things to say as the selfpublished, paranormal YA romance 'Remembrance' and its half-eaten (I actually swallowed only 15% and regurgitated them for quotes and evidence) and dejected state on my plate is concerned:

1) The moment my eyes met with his, the other students in the room blurred into the background. [...] A spark of electricity shot up my arm. Part of my dislike/boredom/urge to ridicule is probably at least partly not the book's fault. The author published
Gilbert&Gomez
Aug 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
I told Michelle that I think I found her book by fate. I happened upon it on Goodreads and I'm glad I did! I want you to go read this book, so I'll try not to spoil anything.

If you were to take a dash of Romeo and Juliet, a handful of Pride and Prejudice, and pinch of a Disney fairytale you'd probably come up with Remembrance. No lie. AT least that's my opinion.

Lizzie, short for Elizabeth of course, is like a real person. Actually all of the characters were pretty real. They weren't perfect and
Steven Graham
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This isn't my usual genre but I decided to take a chance and give this one a read. The book was a very refreshing read and was written extremely well. The flow of the book kept me reading and reading. Excited to see more from this author in the future! I would definitely pick up more titles from this up and coming superstar in the YA genre :)
Annabelle Marie Veronica
****FINAL RATING: 4.40 STARS****

CATCHALL
Ordinarily, this book would probably sit on my review less shelf for longer than a day before receiving a review. I am drastically behind on my reviews, so um…yeah. I'll get to them eventually. The main reason I'm writing my review now is Project Tell Taylor. Even though Taylor Swift isn't exactly my favorite singer, I like doing giveaways and helping others. I was also, through this, offered the chance to read and review Remembrance. But wow! I thought
HD Tolson
A solid debut from an author that has a lot of promise. Michelle's writing style is light and well-done, but a few signature author pitfalls keep Remembrance from achieving it's full potential."

I was extremely reluctant to start reading Remembrance. I knew the author was one of the nicest people I'd ever met, and when I got her book in my hands, I read the first chapter and...lost interest. Putting the book down, I noticed how Michelle seemed to try a little too hard to prove that she knew how t
Joy (joyous reads)
I’m not going to lie. I had to listen to Taylor Swift’s Love Story for me to understand how this book was related to the song from which the author took her inspiration. I had to You Tube that baby and soon realized that the entire book was NOT based from the song but parts of the lyrics inspired some scenes in Remembrance.

This book is pure romance. The subject of reincarnation was glanced over but never really explained. Basically, it’s about Lizzie and Drew who had shared a past – maybe even
ALEXA
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to ALEXA by: Kelsey (The Lost Book Reports)
Shelves: read-in-2011
Review posted on Alexa Loves Books

Honestly, I'm having the most difficult time trying not to gush about this book (because I could probably just type I loved it about a billion times instead of reviewing it properly). It's exactly the kind of book I love - a YA novel filled with romance, a swoon-worthy leading man and a hint of the impossible. And, as I suspected, I couldn't put it down!

Michelle's book is entirely based on the premise of reincarnation and the possibility of two lovers meeting an
Lindsay
Aug 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviews
Overall, the story isn’t horrible, but that’s the extent of the good in it.

I had a lot of issues with this book. Most of the issues originated from the similarities between Remembrance, Twilight and Pride & Prejudice. The similarities between Remembrance and Twilight ended by the 50% mark, but the similarities between Remembrance and Pride & Prejudice were prevalent throughout the whole story. It also didn’t help that the author kept bringing up the story and had Lizzy make comparisons
Amanda
Aug 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
I literally just put the book down seconds ago. Jumping right into my review was definitely a must. I simply couldn't wait to gush about how much I loved it! Words I often use for books like these... Brilliant.. Amazing... Unforgettable.. I could go on and on! Everything I consider as "must haves" in a story... this book had it... and more! There's no doubt in my mind that Remembrance deserves to be ranked amongst my most adored reads. My two favorite parts of this book... the strong and beautif ...more
Reading Vacation
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Remembrance is a story of love that transcends time. It is a story of a couple who belong together, no matter where or when their paths cross. A story that is presented in such a way, that I became entranced with the idea of reincarnated love.

I imagine this is pretty typical of what goes on in high school romances and that is why I liked it so much. Lizzie is dating Jeremy and she has a crush on Drew; and Drew is dating Chelsea, but he has a crush on Lizzie. Ha! On the surface, Lizzie is a dream
Tiffany (About to Read)
There were things I needed to while I was reading Remembrance—like eat breakfast—but I kept telling myself I would get things done after one more chapter. Lizzie and Drew have so much chemistry, even though it was sometimes hard to tell because Drew was so hot and cold. Michelle Madow’s engaging writing style really sucks you into Remembrance. The character development in this book is fabulous. I loved and hated things about every single character—sometimes they were sympathetic and sometimes th ...more
Crina (Reading Addict)
*Deeeep siiiiigh* Ok, I tried! Really! The cover looks good, the synopsis sounded kinda interesting, somehow cliche and nothing knew but I decided to try. Just nope.

It's a very easy and fast read but at the same time is so slow paced and boring. Nothing much happens and I read 60%. I dragged myself through it from 20% saying to myself that is going to pick it up, that it will become better and interesting and engaging and bla bla. It didn't. Uni - dimensional, cliche, plain characters, high-scho
Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
Feb 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
5 Words: lies, secrets, betrayal, friendship, highschool.

I think I might have lost some brain cells reading this... Needless to say, if I had read this sooner I would never have touched this author again, which is a huge shame as I actually really enjoyed The Secret Diamond Sisters and I'm looking forward to Elementals: The Prophecy of Shadows.

Out of all of the things in this book that I didn't like, Liz was the biggest. She's a terrible friend to Chelsea, constantly lying and going behind her b
Nasty Lady MJ
Dec 22, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Barbie History
I just did not like this one. It involves a Mary Sue MC with a love triangle that is just too ridiculous for words. I mean, what love triangle? I can see this being appealing though to the right audience. I'm just not that audience.

To see full review click on one of the following links:

The Blog

The Booklikes Page
Nov 13, 2011 marked it as to-read
I won a copy! So I guess now I will be reading it! WOOOOOO
Beckie
Jul 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Rachel Harris
Aug 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Michelle Madow approached us to review her debut novel REMEMBRANCE, and then pitched it as Taylor Swift’s “Love Story” music video meets Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice, I literally squealed. I am ALL about Regency inspired historicals, romance, and magical realism, and this book proved to have it all.

I simply adored this book. The connection between Lizzie and Drew was palpable, the romance between them completely swoon worthy. I went into my read with hopes of a love story—a few hours l
Marissa
May 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Madow’s debut novel, Remembrance, was beyond wonderful; I simply couldn’t put it down! The protagonist, Elizabeth (Lizzie) Davenport lives in Pembrooke, New Hampshire, is about 17 years old, and on the first day of school locks eyes with her meant to be love, her soul mate, Drew. The only problem is: she has a steady boyfriend of three years, Jeremy, and a best friend (Chelsea) that at the same time has her eyes on Drew. What a story right? But there’s more! When Drew and Lizzie lock eyes that f ...more
  • PineLight (PineLight, #1)
  • Wander Dust (The Seraphina Parrish Trilogy, #1)
  • Exiled (Immortal Essence #1)
  • Betrayal (The Descendants, #1)
  • Airborne (Airborne Saga, #1)
  • Become (Desolation, #1)
  • Fade (Fade, #1)
  • Dark Seeker (Seeker, #1)
  • Haven (The Willows, #1)
  • Entangled (Spellbound, #1)
  • Rippler (Ripple, #1)
  • Veiled (Veiled #1)
  • Every Last Kiss (The Bloodstone Saga, #1)
  • Descended by Blood (Vampire Born, #1)
  • Feathermore (Feathermore, #1)
  • Released (Agents of Evil, #1)
  • Eternal Starling (Emblem of Eternity, #1)
  • Bridger (Bridger, #1)
Michelle Madow is a USA Today bestselling author of fast paced fantasy novels that will leave you turning the pages wanting more!

She grew up in Maryland and now lives in Florida. Some of her favorite things are: reading, traveling, pizza, time travel, Broadway musicals, and spending time with friends and family. Someday, she hopes to travel the world for a year on a cruise ship.

Visit her website
More about Michelle Madow

Transcend Time Saga (3 books)
  • Vengeance (Transcend Time, #1.5)
  • Timeless (Transcend Time, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Vengeance Road
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“But it was time to realize that I wasn't Cinderella, and no matter how hard I wished it were true, life wasn't a fairy tale where everyone lives happily ever after.” 88 likes
“Whatever problems we had back then don’t exist anymore. It’s why we have this second chance, and we can’t throw it away. Besides, you were the one who said we’re not exactly the same as we were back then. If we’re not the same, then things can turn out differently.” 50 likes