Start by marking “Williams-Sonoma Soup of the Day: 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year” as Want to Read:
Williams-Sonoma Soup of the Day: 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year

Williams-Sonoma Soup of the Day: 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year

This tantalizing collection of 365 recipes offers a soup for each day of the year. From January to December, you'll find daily inspiration and a seasonal soup that will satisfy any craving or fit any occasion.

From refreshing gazpachos in summer to slow-simmered stews in winter, light broths with noodles and greens in spring to warming root vegetable purées come
Published January 31st 2012 by Weldon Owen (first published November 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Williams-Sonoma Soup of the Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Williams-Sonoma Soup of the Day

Start your review of Williams-Sonoma Soup of the Day: 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year
MrsJoseph *grouchy*
Jul 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley

I have to admit to a weakness for soups.

A major weakness.

A weakness so strong that I started eating pork again (after a 10+ year hiatus) so I could get a tomato based crab soup mixed with a cream based crab soup.

Yeah. It's like that.

This book drew me like a moth to a flame, lol!

There is only a HB version available for purchase...but I'm currently reading the ebook for review purposes. My God! These color photos makes me want to
Naomi
May 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
What an incredibly interesting cookbook. I loved the layout of the book and the fact that the author included pictures of completed dishes for most, not all, of the soups. Although some soups were pretty common dishes, for the most part these were unusual, global recipes, with some being downright exotic. I must admit though that I am a bit perplexed as the author does have a couple stew recipes, although, when I reseached it, there is a debate on whether a stew is a soup or in a different class ...more
Darren
May 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A nice bowl of soup need not be restricted for those cold evenings when you just want something quick and possibly filling to warm you up. A soup is neither just a means of using up old vegetables and ingredients into a form of warm gloop. It is a lot more, much more.

Here this book could be viewed as a work of religious art for soup lovers. A mass of 365 different recipes and not a variation on a theme (tomato soup, cream of tomato soup, tomato and vegetable soup, etc...). It might n
Jessica
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The very best cookbooks make you want to immediately run to the kitchen and whip something up. This cookbook made me want to do that more times than I could keep track of.
My friends know that soup is my absolute favorite thing to make because that's usually what they get for dinner when they eat at my place! So when I saw this cookbook I had to pick it up. It did not disappoint. I cannot wait to try so many of these recipes. It gave me dreams of hosting dinner parties just for the excuse to ser
Katelyn
Feb 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
I was not a fan of this cook book. I think the idea is great because it offers such a large variety of soup recipes, but in reality I found it to be overwhelming. There were just too many recipes! To make matters worse, there were hardly any pictures. I am a visual person when it comes to recipes, so I had a hard time with this cookbook. I am very unlikely to make something if I don't see a picture first. I think this cookbook would have been a lot more enjoyable and useful if more pictures had ...more
Sonia
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food-cookbooks, 2015
I received this as a Christmas gift and have already tried 3 recipes. All have been DELICIOUS and easy. Especially fun wearing my new apron (also a Christmas gift). Highly recommend this cookbook.
Tammy W (TexasTammy)
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts: As a fulltime working mom of six I have become a pro at tweaking my recipes to match my measly grocery budget. Over the years I have come up with some creative ways to stretch my grocery budget, most of which include a casserole, soup or stew. This recipe book from Williams-Sonoma is right up my alley! I am a seasoned mommy chef/cook so I absolutely love using recipe ideas to conjure up my own creations. This book has some terrific inspiration. Whether you are a strict recipe follow ...more
Jiaran Wang
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Would have appreciated a photo next to every entry but did appreciate how simple (but not over simplified) these recipes were. My son (the one who eats veggies) especially liked the heirloom tomato soup.
Marleene
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book has enough soup ideas to please everyone's tastes - from hearty, to plain and simple, to exotic. The recipes are clearly written and are seasonally sensitive. The photographs are just beautiful and make each soup that is pictured absolutely mouth watering. Definitely a winner!
Deedee
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
I checked this out from the library. I cooked several recipes from the book. The results were all OK, but very bland. The main seasoning/flavor in every recipe is salt. Remove the salt, remove the flavor. I'm going to return the book to the library and move on to other cookbooks.
Maryanne Theyerl
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
A lot of these soups are very basic, but I did get two excellent new go-to's from the book and a lot of good ideas for making better soup at home
Lisa
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
very meaty soups. Not what I was looking for, I guess
Stefanie Dugger
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
This book works better as reference material. It suffers from the typical Williams-Sonoma attitude that their customers have access to elite ingredients.
Sara G
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook, netgalley

Soup of the Day is organized around the calendar year. There is literally a different soup for every day of the year, so the book is naturally seasonal (in the United States). There is no prelude on how to cook, not even a simple guide to making a soup. Instead, after a one-page prologue, it dives straight into the recipes. It covers the gamut of the soup world, from international soups like an African peanut soup, to traditional North American soups like Broccoli and Cheddar, to “gourmet-at-hom
Diane
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it

I've rarely been disappointed by a Williams-Sonoma Cookbook. We are a soup-loving family so I couldn't resist checking this one out. It is both lovely and well designed with a calendar-style with loads of recipes soups and stews for every season and every day of the week -- 365 recipes.

There are lots of great recipes that should please vegetarians and meat lovers alike. All the bases are covered in this book. At least 3/4 of the recipes are ones that I would consider preparing, although a
Tracy
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Do you like soup? If you do than this book is for you, in this book you have access to a different soup recipe for every day for a whole year. Now we like soup here, but I do have to say that the soups here tend to be a bit more complex than what my kids would appreciate. But with 365 recipes there still are plenty that we will try. For the colder months the recipes tend to be more robust. January is filled with stews, February has a variety of chilis. In March you start to see more recipes that ...more
Patricia
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
For people like me that love to cook as a hobbie and than share my meals with my two kids that also love eating, this is the perfect book for my kitchen library.

What goes better with the passing seasons during a year's time? Soup, of course.

This recipes are easy to make, in which you can use the same ingredients in different recipes and the photography is amazing.
Next to each recipe is a curiosity to share another idea that pleases me.

The book is separat
Beth
Jul 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-review, reviews
Originally published at Beth's Book Reviews.

Received for review.

This literally is a soup recipe per day so this is one fat book. It is interestingly organized by month and day with the recipes varying from heart to light depending on the season. The photographs by Erin Kunkel were beautiful but there were not photos of all the recipes which was rather disappointing as I really prefer to see what I'm supposed to be making.

There were several recipes that I'd like to try:

Parmesan B/>Received
ceeeeg
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'soup of the day'...loved the way they broke it down into a calendar format...a wide ranging and eclectic collection of recipes here, ranging from the standard classics to some things i have never even heard of...a lil high end, with it's semi-gourmet 'flavor,' most of the recipes included here are not difficult to achieve or to find the necessary ingredients for...

if you like soup (and i do!) this would make an excellent addition to your cook
Danielle
Oct 21, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a beautiful book, with the promised 365 recipes inside. However, there were a few less inspired soups that peppered the volume. Carrot-Ginger soup anyone? Chili Con Carne? Chicken Chowder? Best feature - soups listed seasonally so you are always making the perfect bowl of deliciousness for the weather outside. I'll be purchasing this to keep on my cookbook shelf (I received a free digital advance copy in exchange for my review ). As a springboard and encyclopedic compendium of soups, it ...more
Harris
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food-and-cookery
This monstrous collection contains a different soup recipe for every freaking day of the year, each focusing on the mood, weather, and signature ingredients available during each month. There are different varieties spanning the culinary world, from hearty stews, to bisques, to pureed cold soups. Pretty much something here to suit anything you happen to be craving. Read more on my BookLikes blog, Reading Rainstorm .
Betty
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Right after I got it, I ran home and tried the tomato broth with shrimp, feta and oregano soup. My husband loved it. So far every recipe I have tried is delicious. I also like the month by month arrangement. It allows you to take full advantage of what is fresh in the market. The easy to follow recipes traverse the globe yet only include ingredients available in most supermarkets. A great gift for anyone!
Kathy
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another beautifully illustrated cookbook from the folks at William Sonoma. There are 365 soup recipes. One for every day of the year. The recipe chapters go by month with recipes featured that are perfect for that time of the year. Plenty of innovative new recipes and as well as old favorites. My only complaint would be is that there is not enough photos.

Sample recipes:

January

French Onion Soup

Classic Chicken Noodle Soup

Barley and Leek S
Cathy
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Soup is a dietary staple... easy to cook... stores well... and often a bowlful is a meal, especially with the hearty soups in my recipe box... so I was thrilled to discover a world of variations to my Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup and Butternut Squash Bisque standards. This coffee-table soup recipe book not only is filled with amazing recipes (including stews) but also mouth-watering pictures. Although not a how-to-cook book, it's truly an inspirational work of edible art.
Lesa
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This soup cookbook is awesome. 365 different soup recipes; one for each day of the year. There are some really unique recipes in here, which I love. I read through it and marked about 70 that I can't wait to try. Soups for all seasons. The photographs are beautiful, too. Highly recommended.
Randi Sipp
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is sure to please. There were soups I've heard of and others I haven't. I was eager to try so many. And try many I did. They were all fabulous. I'm looking forward to many more this winter. I received this book free through Goodreads First Reads and I am more than pleased.
Ari
I loved the recipes and the pics. So many of them seem to be really yummy.
I should try some of them before fully reviewing it tough, but as far as cooking books go, this one looks great so far (and I do have a kitchen full of cooking books)
Rebecca
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
All sorts of soups, hot-cold-hearty-creamy. So many to try!
Heydi Smith
Sep 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-non-fic
A gorgeous soup book. Highly recommend.
Bethany Anne
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have already made a few of these soups and while I was leery of some they turned out quite delicious!

• Salad of the Day (Williams-Sonoma): 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year
  • Salads That Inspire: A Cookbook of Creative Salads
  • The Power of Prayer
  • The Good Fight
  • The Science of Self-Discipline: The Willpower, Mental Toughness, and Self-Control to Resist Temptation and Achieve Your Goals
  • Modern Folk Embroidery: Embroidery Designs for Modern Makes
  • Angels Are Everywhere!: Angels Bring a Message of Hope Whenever It Is Needed
  • El caso García
  • Feast: Food to Celebrate Life
  • Sous Vide at Home: The Modern Technique for Perfectly Cooked Meals
  • The Art of the Good Life
  • The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook: 200 Deliciously Simple Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker
  • Complete Tubefeeding: Everything You Need to Know about Tubefeeding, Tube Nutrition, and Blended Diets
  • Overcoming Tough Times: God's Answer to Every Situation
  • In His Father's Footsteps
  • Primary Justice (Ben Kencaid, #1)
  • Spiced: Unlock the Power of Spices to Transform Your Cooking
  • Southern Girl Meets Vegetarian Boy: Down Home Classics for Vegetarians (and the Meat Eaters Who Love Them)