Start by marking “Asterix and Obelix All at Sea (Asterix #30)” as Want to Read:
Asterix and Obelix All at Sea (Asterix #30)

Asterix and Obelix All at Sea

(Astérix #30)

The slaves are revolting... they've stolen Julius Casar's own galley. Seeking shelter in the little Gaulish village, they find it in crisis. Obelix has suffered dire effects from drinking the druid's magic potions on the sly. Can his friends get him cured by Absolutlifabulos, high priest of Atlantis? Enjoy all the thrills and spills of sea battles against the Roman navy!
Published March 21st 2002 by Asterix (first published October 1996)

Start your review of Asterix and Obelix All at Sea (Asterix #30)
Robert
May 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comedy
Heehee!
Uderzo's more whimsical and fantastical turn of mind shows through as Asterix and co. meet Spartakis the escaped slave who's stolen Caesar's Galley, deal with the consequences of Obelix stealing magic potion and visit a mythical realm somewhere off the coast of Africa.
Derelict Space Sheep
Harmless fun, though there’s an overabundance of punning and without Goscinny the story lacks any real direction. That said, Uderzo’s illustrations remain exemplary. Along with the familiar Asterix motifs, we are presented with a whimsical Atlantis and see Obelix revert to childhood.
Biondatina
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it
The most funny of this issue the young Ovelix! The second funniest is the Greek revolted slave Spartakis that looks like Kirk Douglas! Have you ever seen a galley in a Roman Army camp?
Oliver
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Revolting slaves led by Kirk Douglas lookalike Spartakis steal a Roman flagship and seek asylum with the Gauls, hotly pursued my Caesar's men. Obelix ODs on magic potion with dramatic consequences. Naval adventures ensue and trip is made to the remaining colonies of Atlantis (or it could be the Canary Islands). Surprisingly wistful Asterix adventure.
Deborah
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: france
Cleopatra reminds Julius Caesar that he still has not conquered the Gauls in Armorica. Intent on recovering Caesar’s galley overtaken by slaves heading to the village, once again the Romans and Gauls clash (really a one sided rout). Obelix unfortunately cannot resist consuming the magic potion that everyone else but him must partake with unfortunate consequences.
Thomas
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gillian
Aug 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Not one of the best, in my opinion. Perhaps I just prefer to read these in French or German now: for some reason, the jokes seem funnier.

Caesar's galley has been stolen by some slaves who now need to seek refuge, but where to go, when so much of the world is rules by the Romans? Maybe that little village we have heard tell of...

Meanwhile, Obelix sneaks some magic potion with interesting effect: he is turned to stone. Miraculix/Getafix is unable to reverse the effect but Obelix wakes up a child
Luis Tormento
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A band of slaves led by Spartakis (a parody of Spartacus) has taken over Julius Caesar's personal galley, prompting Caesar to send his Admiral Crustacius to recover the vessel.

After some arguing about a safe place to disembark, the slaves set sail for the only place safe from the Romans: the village of indomitable Gauls. The four outlying Roman camps rehearse a parade to welcome Crustacius, who is pursuing the slaves. Believing the Romans are about to attack, the Gauls prepare for battle. Obelix
Alexander
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Asterix and Obelix is a funny comic book. It talks about the Greek vs Vikings. In this book Asterix brother Obelix is missing. So they go on an adventure to find his brother while obsicals goes in their way.
Anna
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
In this one, Obelix drinks a whole cauldron of magic potion and turns first to granite, and then into a little boy. At the same time, the slave crew of Ceasar's galley have mutinied and are heading for the village of indomitable gauls.
The plot takes place on sea and is all over the place.
//Zaazaaza//
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was really good and mysterious
But it was a little confusing
Željko Filipin
Obelix finally drinks magic potion.
Leticia
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Not bad and the kids liked it, but I miss the old Asterix balanced stories and ROFL humor.
Francis Pellow
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
a little contrived but enjoyable.
Angelika Sauer
It's not as well written as the original series
Irwan
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished, 2017
Funny and witty as always.
Jc
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Obelix just cant fight the urge, can he. Now look what he has done.
Nicholas Whyte
http://nwhyte.livejournal.com/2358150.html[return][return]It may well be thirty years since I last read an Asterix book, which means I completely missed this one, published in 1996 and translated into English as Asterix and Obelix All at Sea. the sixth of the eight books written by Uderzo alone after Goscinny's death. [return][return]I slightly wish I hadn't. A substantial whack of the humour relies on pretty offensive stereotypes - sub-Saharan Africans depicted as leopard-skin wearing savages. ...more
Matthew Hunter
Slightly better, Uderzo. But why the racial stereotyping of sub-Saharan Africans? Why include Cleopatra at all in this one? Her role's so small and unimportant, with Egypt playing no part in the proceedings. Was she really needed to prod Caesar's ego enough to make him chase after his stolen ship? No.

Kirk Douglas's appearance as Spartakis (sic) adds some fun, as does Obelix's drinking the magic potion for the first time and later becoming his younger self. But the fun elements don't make up for
ArtemV
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is written by Dargaud. I like this book because it is funny. It showed me how Gauls live without Obelix. When I read this book I am always happy because it is funny and it shows me that there are some precious people that we have hard time without them. This is a good book to read while you have free time to read because it is short and interesting. I like to read them in the library when we have 10 min left so we read. And in that time I complete the hole book and it dosent ruin my ...more
Jerome
Mar 22, 2015 rated it liked it
An adventurous tale with excellent artwork and a intriguing, if brief and thin, story. The idea of Obelix drinking the potion he isn’t supposed to drink---and then becoming granite and finally a toddler was a bit much. Still, the addition of Spartakis and the city of Atlantis were quite interesting.

Fun and entertaining but not really funny, and with quite a contrived plot.
Karhum Ghassan
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was a funny book i liked how Obelix became smaller but the same personality the only difference is that......................____________
If you want to find out then read the book ain't going to spoil it for you.
It is a great and funny book, i recommend it to all whom read this review.Have fun reading it:D or should i say AVE FUN READING IT :).
Danielle Monroe
Apr 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This book is great for children that love comics! It's about super-heroes from the time of Julius Caesar. This book is one in a collection of Asterix books. If a student enjoys the silly antics of not-so-super super heroes, he/she will definitely enjoy this book!
Linda
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME!!! There is nothing that comes close to Asterix - I have the whole series, both on e-books and hard-copy and they are some of most treasured possessions. I grew up with them and they are simply the best!
Saint No Stopping Us

Six out of ten. CBR format.

Obelix reverts to childhood just as ship full of slaves revolts and steals Caesars finest warship. In search of a cure and freedom, Asterix and friends travel to Atlantis...

Alyson
Jun 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read this but my 7 yo is reading the series and I've read parts of many of them. He's learning a lot of new words and will read for over an hour at a sitting so I'm giving the series 5 stars.
Susan
Apr 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun amusing addition to your Latin curriculum. Even "cool" junior high and high schoolers will enjoy this break from some of the dryness of learning Latin.
John
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
after seeing the new Asterix book for sale in Paris, I discovered they have been issuing new books in the series and it was great to catch up with some childhood hero's
Ilib4kids
May 28, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
ASTERIX V.30
borrowed from school library
William Laughton
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Although not Shakespeare, a fun lazy read.

• Asterix and the Picts (Asterix, #35)
  • Obelix and Co. (Asterix, #23)
  • Asterix in Corsica (Asterix, #20)
  • Der Papyrus des Cäsar (Asterix, #36)
  • Asterix and the Laurel Wreath (Asterix, #18)
  • Asterix at the Olympic Games (Asterix, #12)
  • How Obelix Fell into the Magic Potion When He Was a Little Boy (Asterix Comic)
  • The Twelve Tasks of Asterix
  • Explorers on the Moon (Tintin, #17)
  • Land of Black Gold (Tintin, #15)
  • Red Rackham's Treasure (Tintin, #12)
  • King Ottokar’s Sceptre (Tintin, #8)
  • Destination Moon (Tintin, #16)
  • The Broken Ear (Tintin, #6)
  • The Black Island (Tintin, #7)
  • The Shooting Star (Tintin, #10)
  • Prisoners of the Sun (Tintin, #14)
  • The Complete Guide to Asterix
Albert Uderzo is a legendary French artist and illustrator, best known for his collaborations with the late René Goscinny on series such as Asterix.

Astérix (1 - 10 of 38 books)
  • Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1)
  • Asterix and the Golden Sickle (Asterix, #2)
  • Asterix and the Goths (Asterix, #3)
  • Asterix the Gladiator (Asterix, #4)
  • Asterix and the Banquet (Astérix, #5)
  • Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6)
  • Asterix and the Big Fight (Asterix, #7)
  • Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8)
  • Asterix and the Normans (Asterix, #9)
  • Asterix the Legionary (Asterix, #10)