Start by marking “Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2)” as Want to Read:
Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2)

Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  36,120 Ratings  ·  2,316 Reviews
Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.

But as one disastrous mission leads to ano
Audiobook, 0 pages
Published July 26th 2011 by HarperTeen (first published June 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Supernaturally, please sign up.
Tess i disagree with that. i think that you just see Evie on a deeper level and you also find out a-lot more about the faeries and their history. the part…morei disagree with that. i think that you just see Evie on a deeper level and you also find out a-lot more about the faeries and their history. the part about Evie becoming pathetic is not the point it is about her choosing the right choice and becoming a strong woman (less)

Miranda Reads
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a breath of fresh air!

With so many end-all-be-all dystopian apacolypse YA books out there, it's a relief to finally find one that breaks the mold.
“My life is a black hole of boredom and despair."

"So basically you've been doing homework."

"Like I said, black hole.”
Evie was created by the fairies as an "Empty One."

She longs to suck the soul out of anyone supernatural...almost as much as she longs to go on a date with her boyfriend (Lend) or go shopping.

She's finally managed to escape th
Lyndsey

So don't fight me
Now let's take a stroll
Don't you bite me
You say I'm a sheep
Well, I think you're a creep
I don't give a BLEEP

And it goes like this...

Take me by the the hand
And I'll go with you
Through the faerie lands
And I'll show

I got them moves like Buffy
I got t
Sandy
5 SERIOUSLY SPARKLY STARS.

Oh, bleep! It was SO. GOOD.

Let me just say I was torn between reading at a crazy, feverish, I-am-consumed-by-this-book pace and slowing down to savor each delicious word and laugh-out-loud line.

As I ended up reading Supernaturally in 3.5 hours, I obviously opted to drink from the fire hose instead of sipping daintily from a tea cup.

Kiersten White, you are the word maestro. You really upped the hilarity quotient in this sequel with your clever turns of phrase and laugh-o
Flannery
Mar 08, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People Who've Already Read Paranormalcy
Hello Goodreaders, and welcome to Irrelevant Book Cover Redo, Part Deux! (Part Un was my Paranormalcy review) In this second installment of the Paranormalcy series, Kiersten White picks back up with Evie and the gang after the gaggle of events that occurred at the end of book one. Look at the cover. Okay, now read this the following paragraph where I set up the plot for you…

Evie is living out in the real world after Lend’s father falsifies papers for her. She is living the dream—er, well her dre
Cait
Apr 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You ever read a first book that you just loved and had everything you were looking for: a good MC, no love triangles, action, suspense, not a lot of vanilla characters, was fun, and had an ending that wraps everything neatly with just enough strings left unattached that leaves a smidgen of mystery to rope you into the next book?

Well, for me, that was Paranormalcy, the first book in this series. I just loved it. Evie was smart, badass, had a funny voice, and really good character depth. I total
imts
Actual rating: 2.5 stars

"My life is a black hole of boredom and despair."
"So basically you've been doing homework."
"Like I said, black hole."

Is it a bad thing that I saw that plot twist coming half a book before it actually happened? Technically, it wasn't even a plot twist for me because I was just waiting for the author to 'reveal' that fact.

I'm still wondering what I saw in book one to make me give it four stars. I mean, Evie having a taser called - get this - Tasey is now getting on my nerve
Jillian -always aspiring-
Jul 15, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers who are willing to follow Evie on any adventure of hers
With some trepidation do I start this review of Supernaturally, sequel to 2010's Paranormalcy. Now, I liked Paranormalcy well enough because of its heroine, Evie, and the story's tendency to poke fun at the paranormal craze. Whatever flaws the story had, the novel had charm in a world of YA books gone shallow and insipid, unrelatable and inane, and I was hopeful to read the next installment even if I thought that Evie's story could have stayed open-ended with readers imagining what her future mi ...more
Agnieška a.k.a. Gut
When I first time heard about Kiersten White I was about 16-17 years old. I saw “Paranormalcy” accidentally on book store with good price, so I bought it. It was fantasy genre and I didn’t care about the details at the moment. And I have to say that I really enjoyed first book and I couldn’t wait for opportunity to read the second one. However, it took me about even 3 or 4 years to get a chance for that. Again, before taking “Supernaturally” from library I didn’t thought twice. I loved first boo ...more
hayden
(Actual Rating: 3.5 stars)

Wow. I really should've reread Paranormalcy before I started this.
Kiersten White did very little review at the beginning of SUPERNATURALLY, which lead to a very confused Hayden.

This was me:
[image error]

I was trepid going into this book. Previous Goodreads reviews shattered all sense of hope I had of this being a good sequel. They said the characters fell flat (specifically Lend) and it suffered from being the middle book in a trilogy. I think those reviewers were wrong
~Tina~
Fun, quirky, energetic, amusing and highly entertaining!

Supernaturally is just as great as the first book. And if you thought Evie was a hOOt then ya'll are gonna love Jack! Despite all things he's such a crazy-fun character who will have you laughing out loud the minute you meet him. And lets not forget about Lead, He's just as irresistible and adorable as ever. Love him!!
If your looking for a break from the more serious paranormal reads then look no further. This book is the perfect combinat
Misty
Okay, I know this is random, but best acknowledgements section ever.

Anywho:
I started off my year with Kiersten White's debut, Paranormalcy, and I said in my review that it was the perfect funk-breaker and way to start the year.  I've been recommending it heartily ever since.  And so, though I don't usually actively pursue review books, the sequel, Supernaturally, was one I was bound and determined to get my hands on.  (As politely and professionally as possible, of course... ;p)  So yes, Misty +
beloved books by Tine
2,5 typischer Zwischenband und super langweilig
Colleen Houck
My favorite scene was the march of the Fey heading to the boat. Very Lord of the Rings. I also really love the fairy doors or gateways and the idea of getting lost inside one is terrifying! I like the new paranormal creature additions to the series. Very cool.
Stephanie (Bookfever)
First of all, I have to say that I'm a huge Kiersten White fan and I loved Paranormalcy so it really pains me to have to write a rather negative review for Supernaturally. I just thought the book fell a little flat for me. It was just okay for me and nothing more.

So like I said I loved the first book. I really did. The reason why I didn't like this one was that it was rather boring (I'm so sorry, Kiersten!). I hate to say this but it's just the way I felt. I felt like nothing really happened. No
Jenn
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm giving this one 4 1/2 stars, with this book I laughed, I cried, I got mad at Jack when I found out what a jerk he was to Evie but then on the other side of the coin who can blame him? he wanted revenge. I liked Reth a lot more, and Lend: Well he just jumped to the top 10 of great Paranormal boyfriends.
Erin
Jul 08, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Paranormalcy
I have lost some respect for myself.

Why, you may ask? It's because I now have the shameful task of eating my own words. It's very degrading.

Anyway, the point of this wallowing is this: I now prefer Reth to Lend.

....crap.

If you're confused about why typing this makes me practically want to cry, see for yourself in my review of the first book. I mean, that's a lot of hatred to take back. I kinda wish the earth would swallow me up right now, my pride is so wounded.

Anyway.

The general review atmosphe
Lheata
Sep 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ahhhhhhhhh yay another! i loved the first book it was so different from everything paranormal ive read it was amazing and a half! such a cute relationship between evie and lend please dont let anything happen to them! i love how evie got so excited over lockers in the first book hehe and how she carries around her taser (tasey)! loved!
Ahmad Sharabiani
Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2), Kiersten White
Small Review
Originally posted at Small Review

"The Buffy mark"

There was a blurb on Supernaturally that said something along the lines of “Comes closer than most to hitting the Buffy mark.” Well, Buffy fanatic that I am, any sort of comparison to Buffy usually sets me off…and not in a good way. Because can anything really come close to the awesomeness of Buffy? I didn’t think so.

Now Kiersten White is no Joss Whedon. Her humor is completely different and it isn’t really fair to either of them to try to compar
Danny
Apr 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, april-2011
Oh my bleeeeep, this was so fanfreakingtastic!

When I read Paranormalcy last year I didn't expect to love it so much - but I did, I fell in love with Evie and her love of pink and with Lend. So of course I couldn't wait to start reading Supernaturally!

Normally, I'm always afraid of second books in a series, they can either life up to the hype generated in the first book, or they leave you disappointed. I'm glad I can tell Supernaturally most definitely delivered!

Evie's life has changed, she no
Amy S
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Dear book,

Maybe it's not you. Maybe it's me. I adored your first installation, I really did. But time has passed, we've both changed, and we're just not right for each other anymore. I think it's best if we move on. After all, from the beginning things did not look good. When I picked you up at the library and held you in my slender hands (here's hoping) I noticed that you were playing me with the whole Stephanie-Myers-pretend-big-book-thing. You know, the one where they make the b
Lissa
SIGH.

Actually, I'm NOT going to write an in-depth review.

Mostly because I can't really remember what happens in this book. Mostly nothing. Mostly Evie abruptly going places to do nothing then ending up back right where she started.

White's teenage voice is alarmingly realistic. I'm going to read Mind Games but if it's the same voice, I'll probably stop reading White. It reads like a teenager wrote the book - not enough detail in some places, too much in others, a jarringly abrupt narrative and a
Hope Baxter
Feb 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Me and my best friend Tyler ADORE this series. White has such a way of evolving the glamours into thick descriptions, telling us about paranormals we haven't, or have heard about. Jack is hilarious, and absolutely adorable. Lend is..... starting to get boring, as much as I love him. And Reth is.... still up in Evie's face all the time.
I'm more than halfway through it, and can't wait to finish it. I adore this book, no flaws detected!
Steffi
May 11, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
Ugh ... ugh ....

Nervtötendster Charakter ever. Ich fand die Evie im ersten Band ja schon naiv und etwas zu girly, aber ihre kleinen Abenteuer mit ihrem "Tasey" waren schon ganz lustig.

Tja, dieses Mädchen ist weg. Sie ist eins von diesen typischen Mädchen, die ihr Leben einzig und allein auf ihren Kerl ausrichtet. Ihre Naivität und Sturheit waren kaum aushaltbar.

Ich möchte auch gar nicht von den anderen Charakteren anfangen, wie Lend zb. Was aus dem geworden ist ... ugh.

Die Story plätschert nur
Kim
Jul 14, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-now
I didn't like this as much as the first book. I wanted more action. It was kinda slow and boring for me. Still it was a fast cute read and I will read the third and final book in this trilogy. Hopefully the third book is more action packed.
Sara
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2,5 tähteä

Ihan viihdyttävä tekele, vaikkakin täysin turhanpäiväinen. Nopealukuisuudesta plussaa.
Victoria
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fair warning, there will be a few minor spoilers in this review.

God, this book was so disappointing. I loved the first one, I really did, and I was excited to read book number two. Then I started reading it, and it just... didn't work.

The author herself admits how hard it was to write a squeal in the acknowledgements, and that struggle was easy to see when reading the book. Nothing felt like it was happening for natural reasons - everything was there just to create some kind of story. I found m
Annabelle Marie Veronica
Supernaturally was even better than Paranormalcy. The plot is more defined, although personally I feel like some of the characters don't have enough substance. They're all lovely characters. The problem simply is that many of them have no backgrounds, no likes and dislikes, nothing that binds them to Earth.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of White's writing style. I like hearing Evie's voice, but the way it's written can come across as everything from obnoxious to clueless. I like Evie, but I suffered s
Joey
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kristy
May 17, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: supernatural
okay, so first off I have to say I really loved Paranormalcy. You see, I attached my raving review for it, so it really pains me to have to do this.....

Dun Dun Dun.

This book sucked. No really, I mean it flat out sucked. I am shocked at how horrible Supernaturally was. I just started a new job, so my reading time is reducing, so I clearly don't want to waste my precious book time on crap.... anybody else feel me??!?!?!?

Book #1 was new, fresh, exciting and fast-paced. Book #2 was slow, dragging
HMSA Summer Reading: Book Review: Supernaturally 3 6 Aug 21, 2017 08:11AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Feb 23, 2015 06:19PM
neeed to know. 3 30 Jul 27, 2013 05:25AM
Great or what?!?!?!?!?!? 26 106 Apr 21, 2013 10:36AM
Fun Reads & RoleP...: Supernaturaly 3 4 Apr 04, 2013 05:11PM
Fun Reads & RoleP...: Ugly Creatures 3 3 Apr 04, 2013 05:11PM
Fun Reads & RoleP...: Reth, Lend OR Jack? <3 10 27 Feb 27, 2013 07:57PM
  • Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3)
  • Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)
  • Indelible (The Yara Silva Trilogy, #2)
  • The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine, #2)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Forbidden (The Demon Trappers, #2)
  • Always a Witch (Witch, #2)
  • Nocturne (Claire de Lune, #2)
  • Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
  • Almost Final Curtain (Vampire Princess of St. Paul, #2)
  • Wildcat Fireflies (Fenestra, #2)
  • Defiance (Strange Angels, #4)
  • Fateful
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • Bargains and Betrayals (13 to Life, #3)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2; Nightshade World #5)
Kiersten White is the New York Times bestselling author of many books for teens and young readers, including And I Darken, Now I Rise, Bright We Burn, The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein, and Slayer. She lives with her family near the ocean in San Diego, where she perpetually lurks in the shadows. Visit Kiersten online at KierstenWhite.com and follow @KierstenWhite on Twitter.
More about Kiersten White

Paranormalcy (3 books)
  • Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)
  • Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Vengeance Road
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
“Faeries and vampires were glittery now? Honestly.” 133 likes
“Marry me. Nay, marriage will cost us precious moments together. Let us make sweet, passionate love right here. Let me bear your children.”
A primal growl signaled Miss Lynn getting over her shock at being thus addressed. She lunged forward; Jack deftly rolled off the bench, jumping up out of her reach.
“Goodness, I didn’t expect you to be quite this enthusiastic about my advances. If I don’t play hard to get, how will I ever know whether or not you respect me?”
101 likes