Start by marking “Alipio” as Want to Read:
Alipio

Alipio

Dear Author,
This man is his muse.

Photo Description: An art studio. A naked, toned, hairless young man appears to sit on the edge of an old wooden easel, his left arm grasping it behind him. His body faces left; his expressionless face is turned slightly left, toward the viewer. On a wo
Published July 26th 2011 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Alipio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alipio

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Oct 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free, m-m
Good short story I really enjoyed it. Not my usual genre I read so I was a little confused about something’s. (view spoiler)
CAS
Jul 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Alipio is yet another fine example of Bryl's deft hand at writing short stories with all the power and depth of a full length novel, proving once again that in his hands less definitely can and will mean MORE. Bryl's stories and characters are always crafted with so many layers, and as the story unfolds it's in the peeling back of those layers that I always find that little something extra hidden within the words and images that beckons me to look a little deeper. I am always compelled to read h ...more
Bookbee
Brilliant! I do not have the words to convey just how wonderful this was!
Captain Franklin
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Poetic is the only way to describe Alipio. Great find while looking for Tyne's new release. My only complaint - he doesn't get them out fast enough.
Marte - Thunderella

*** 3 muse stars ***

------------------------
"You learn."
------------------------

This story was very well written, very lyrical, kind of dreamlike. Not much is revealed about the characters, especially Alipio, but at the same time a lot is revealed anyway. It was a bit difficult it actually get what was going on and when I did, it ended. Would have loved a bit longer story about these two characters, there would have been loads to explore and explained.

I still liked it, though.

-------------------

Bettye Kanady
Nov 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Bettye by: Love is Always Write List
This story was a good one. I wanted to be able to delve into the life of Alipio; to see what happened after the modeling. It was clear to see that the artist had to be taught certain things; for example, he assumed that Alipio was a slave. There was nothing to actually give him this assumption, only the fact that he was led to the sessions by someone else. The story didn't last much longer beyond the coupling between the main characters; but we are left to make up our own ending. I do not think ...more
LutaWolf
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-read, m-m
It was well written and flowed. The details put into it were amazing and for a short story, it didn't feel rushed in any way. I had a small problem with the character connection and that's why this is a five star. I get the feeling this was intentional as there is most likely a follow up story but I hated that I just didn't love the characters. However given a longer story I feel that I could. Really though this story is worth reading just for the details.
SueM
Jul 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Oh Bryl - beautiful! "You learn" - such a simple phrase but you have given it so many layers:- he learns to sign, he learns not to judge others, he learns to see clearly, he learns humility, he learns money is not everything and he learns that love is the ultimate power... (and he probably learns a few other things too) Thank you for writing Alipio's tale.
Wendy Ann
Aug 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love this author's stories and this was no exception! Very evocative and thought-provoking, it packed a lot of punch in a short space. The whole feel to the story was like the most loving and intimate caress against bare skin - beautiful and breathtaking:) Thank you, Bryl!!!

Boycop
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
This story was like a beautiful dream; soft, sweet and dreamy.
Bear
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I'm surprised I liked this but I did.
Eden Winters
I am in awe of the beauty of this story, how it slowly unfolds and then leaves the reader to imagine the rest of the story however they wish. I wish for an HEA.
Justin South
Jul 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful 5 star read, beautifully and imaginatively written.
L-D
Sep 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella, m-m
The photo that inspired this story is beautiful. But the story itself was just okay for me. The author describes the passion that the artist feels for his muse, but it's not clear how or why Alipio has feelings for the artist since there is little to no interaction between the two.

Don't Read in the Closet is a collection of short stories published for free for members of the M/M Romance Group. The best part of this series of shorts is that they were based on a photo and a reader request for a st
Serena

My Rating System:
Fairy / Anna
Nov 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
This story, because of lack of better word, seems to be dreamy ;) We don't know much about main character, we know even less about Alipio. But it doesn't prevent to be lured into this world and enjoy the slow observation. It all felt like it was dream-like. Blurry on edges, gentle and soft. I liked that. Even if I had no idea what was going on.
Melissa
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
While some stories shine with a "blind" introduction, revealing information little by little, this story isn't one of them. I had a very hard time picturing everything, and when I finally got a sense of what was happening, the story ended abruptly.
Britta ★ Nachteule ★
Dec 11, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: hot-summer-days
***Read as part of the free Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Three anthology. Story #23***
Neyjour
Story Prompt:
This man is his muse. My only qualifications are HEA & more story over sex. Everything else is up to you.

Fiona Goodman
It's pretty bad when you find it hard to get through a short story.
Anja
Jul 26, 2011
Alyosha
Dec 02, 2012
Meganjoy
rated it did not like it
Jul 26, 2011
JW
Jul 27, 2011
Emmie
Dec 08, 2011
Jackie
Jul 19, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
BRYL R. TYNE is a wrangler by nature and a writer by choice. Balancing as many pronouns as hats, somewhere between the evil day job, editing, and helping a benevolent Sugar Daddy raise the last of seven kids, Bryl writes. Homoerotic romance is a favorite, but many of Bryl’s stories cross genres. Comedy, Fantasy, Mystery, Sci-fi, even Westerns, Bryl writes them all.

[image error]