Start by marking “Saint Martin's Summer” as Want to Read:
Saint Martin's Summer

Saint Martin's Summer

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  104 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
pubOne.info present you this new edition. My Lord of Tressan, His Majesty's Seneschal of Dauphiny, sat at his ease, his purple doublet all undone, to yield greater freedom to his vast bulk, a yellow silken undergarment visible through the gap, as is visible the flesh of some fruit that, swollen with over-ripeness, has burst its skin.
Published December 3rd 2010 by Pubone.Info (first published 1909)

To ask other readers questions about Saint Martin's Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saint Martin's Summer

Mary
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A gripping, romantic masterpiece, which starts a little slowly, then generates such suspense that it is a real page turner. Adventure, romance and brilliant writing. This is possibly my favourite Sabatini, although the two Scaramouche books, and the Venetian Masque are strong contenders.
Sheri South
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the masterpiece that is SCARAMOUCHE, but it's fun to watch Martin Marie Rigobert de Garnache--fortyish, misogynistic, and hot-tempered to boot--fight his way out of one predicament after another. And (of course) do the one thing he's sworn all his life to avoid: succumb to the charms of a woman.
Rachelle
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
It's odd that I love this book so. Why? At times, I wonder that it is Sabatini, when the writing is poor. I wonder if his editor took a vacation. How many times can he say "white" or "supple"?

And yet - by the time I reach the end (this is the second time) my heart is full of emotion. Martin is the heart and soul here - if only Sabatini had had a strong editor to guide his prose in order to craft this into something that would let more people understand and appreciate this wonderful character and
Melinda
Apr 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
This is not your average Sabatini novel. Though there are plenty of sword fights, evil plots, bad guys and royals - our hero is singularly different. Not only is he over 40, but he does not particularly like women. He sees them as the root of much trouble. He is a deputy for the Queen Regent in France, on a mission to rescue a damsel under duress and bring her to Paris to the Queen's protection. The fact that he works for a woman, has to rescue another from yet a third woman leaves him feeling u ...more
Seema Khan
It is not a classic Sabatini book as one may expect, but there are some moments of excitement in the plot. To my taste Captain Blood and Seahawk were way better, rather they were outstanding! The characterization and flow is true blue Sabatini, with Garnache locking your interest throughout and being the reason I wished to complete reading the book. It is good for a quick read.
Kori
Apr 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not one of Sabatini's best known works, but well worth the read. The characters may be a little dated by today's standards, but the main villainess is deliciously evil while the hero has just enough of a temper to make him extremely likeable. I couldn't put it down, and consider it one of his best works alongside Scaramouche, The Sea Hawk and Captain Blood.
Remus
Aug 27, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sabatini
I found this one written quite differently from any Sabatini I've read before. It has a consistent humour throughout with a hilarious finale! It is exciting because more happens in every chapter than the other novels. The selection of characters work great for this tragicomedy especially the main character who is very likable opposed to the bland protagonists in other Sabatini stories.
Pandora
Actually re-reading. I somehow forgot to add this one to my list. It one of Sabtini fun stories like The Lion's Skin and Scarmouche. The story start with a Knight who doesn't like women being sent to rescue one.
Lee Fosseen
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An ode to one favorite author by another favorite author - what's not to love?
Tahsina Syeda
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite Sabatini novel. The protagonist in this book is awesome and endearing at the same time.
Kristi Stockdale
Aug 20, 2010
Mick Scheinin
Jun 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Rafael Sabatini (1875 - 1950) was an Italian/British writer of novels of romance and adventure. At a young age, Rafael was exposed to many languages. By the time he was seventeen, he was the master of five languages. He quickly added a sixth language - English - to his linguistic collection. After a brief stint in the business world, Sabatini went to work as a writer. He wrote short stories in the ...more
More about Rafael Sabatini