Start by marking “Spot Goes to the Library” as Want to Read:
Spot Goes to the Library

Spot Goes to the Library

(Spot the Dog)

In this new addition to Spot's popular series of landscape board books, Spot and his friends spend the day at the library searching for books with the help of Ms. Lion. The fun only increases when they take the books home to act them out. Young children love a new story, and this one celebrates reading, imagination and the joy of discovering books.
Board Book, 12 pages
Published September 15th 2011 by Warne (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Spot Goes to the Library, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spot Goes to the Library

Start your review of Spot Goes to the Library
Ame
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read to lil W while he was focused on putting a load into his diaper. He was able to enjoy the pictures, though I don't think he was listening to the plot. Will read again when he is not otherwise preoccupied.
Mister David
Aug 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute, short and quick.
Gary Vassallo
Another wonderful Spot book that my three year old loved.
Heather Jo
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lily-list
Celine
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very sturdy pages with bright clear characters. My 15 year-old doesn’t seem to get bored with this book. I like how it talks about books and libraries. I hope we can continue to read it until he can read it himself one day.
Melanie
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: emma-read
I borrowed this book mostly because it was a board book, but it has become part of my 12-month-old's daily reading. She will happily sit through 3-5 readings and re-readings of this book. The art is simple enough for her young mind to grasp and enjoy. There are not too many words on each page that she loses interest. All in all a great children's book and I plan to introduce more of this series to my child.
Ryan
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
Consider this a review of all of the Spot books. They are extremely colorful, if simply written, with bright colors that very small children can really get into. When my son begins to read on his own, these books will probably help.

My son likes them, but they're not my favorites to read. They are short and the sentences can be clunky. I'm of the opinion that even toddlers can be exposed to decent literature that has complex structures and sounds beautiful.
Siobhan
Feb 11, 2016 rated it liked it
A wonderful read from my childhood, one I’d certainly suggest for other youngsters. Whilst it is not my all-time favourite childhood read I can still recall all the details of this one meaning it certainly left a lasting impression upon my young mind.

And isn’t that what we want with children’s books, for them to leave a positive lasting impression?
Meg McGregor
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing

The fun only increases when they take the books home to act them out.

Spot is the perfect dog for any child to meet and take home with them.
Charlotte
Oct 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Spot books are considered 'classic children's books', but I'm not sure they are holding up so well in comparison to modern books like The Gruffalo or Hodge the hedgehog. Bright, colourful pictures but not much story to them.
Alexander
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
I like the colors, the but book is way too short and doesn't really have a story. I mean, it's great that they're getting kids to go to the library, and so much thanks to Dolly Parton's Imagination Library for the book, but I would love more action and cooler pictures.
Russell
Jul 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Spot's a crackie for books. But who can blame him, with such an inviting library full of friends and enjoyable planned activities?
Shanshad Whelan
Eh, I'm just not a Spot fan. Without the lift the flap activity, the book just falls into bland text that doesn't seem sufficient to describe a trip to the library. Oh well.
Hilary
Jane Hill
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
[insert librarian jokes here]
Michelle Bouillon
This tells a story about a puppy that visits the library. He has a hard time choosing a couple books so he rents a ton. I love that it shows a character that has a love for books.
Madeline Jane

• Hello Ninjas!
  • Where Is Baby's Christmas Present?: A Lift-the-Flap Book
  • ABC Look at Me! A Lift-and-Learn Book
  • Found: Psalm 23
  • In the Jungle: Baby's First Word Book (Animal Patch)
  • Five Little Dinosaurs (Petite Boutique)
  • My Farm Friends
  • Everything is Mama
  • There's a Wocket in My Pocket!
  • Lunchtime
  • A Ball for Daisy
  • Tomie dePaola's Mother Goose
  • Miffy
  • Make Your Kid A Money Genius (Even If You're Not): A Parents' Guide for Kids 3 to 23
  • Growl! A Book About Bears (level 3)
  • Twin Trouble
  • Ella's Bath
Eric Gordon Hill OBE was a popular author and illustrator of children's picture books, best known for his character Spot the Dog. His works have been widely praised for their contributions to child literacy. He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2008 New Year Honours.

Spot the Dog (1 - 10 of 158 books)
  • Where's Spot?
  • Spot Goes to School
  • Spot Goes On Holiday
  • Spot Visits His Grandparents
  • Spot Goes to the Farm
  • Spot Loves His Daddy
  • Spot's Birthday Party
  • Good Night, Spot
  • Spot Goes to the Beach (color)
  • Spot Loves His Mum