Start by marking “Cherished” as Want to Read:

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  289 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews

Before healing can begin for Kelli and Heather, they need to believe they are worth cherishing.

Kelli London once dreamed of being a songwriter. As crazy as it seemed, she hoped that God would use the lyrics that came to her even while she slept. She dreamed about Brian too, that the love they shared as high-school students would grow into marriage. But choices that still

Published (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Cherished, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cherished

Janna
Oct 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think one of the biggest issues we deal with as Christians are our feelings of shame, unworthiness and inadequacy. Being human we have all had failures in our lives, many of them moral failures and we allow those failures to make us unworthy of God's love and forgiveness. Kim confronts this head on and leads us on a journey to that acceptance of God's forgiveness and self-forgiveness. This is a moving book that had me in tears a few times. Kelli and Heather have different pasts that have brou ...more
Erlyn Trinidad
Cherished has been in my to-read list for some months now and after I finished up with my last read, I decided it's high time I try to read this book.

Cherished is an easy read and what I liked most about the story line is that despite being a romance book with a Christian theme, the characters are all fully human and flawed, and have had to go through tough situations that they got themselves into because of poor choices that they've made, because of a deliberate decision to sin. The story also
Brenda
Sep 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read many good things about Kim Cash Tate and her first book "Faithful" so I was anxious to sample her writing for myself and all I can say is I was blown away with her ability to make me feel the emotions that the characters feel, with a plot that is very easy to relate to. I felt like I was on an emotional roller coaster ride, feeling the ups and downs of the characters.I laughed and cried, but also found the positive christian message woven in to be perfect for the struggles we face to ...more
Megan
After I started reading 'Cherished', I realized that there was another book, 'Faithful', that the author had written before this one that had many of the same characters in it. So now if I were to read that book, I will know what happens - ugh! However, 'Cherished' is a novel that can be read on it's own.

Kelli and Heather both have their share of guilt, shame, and regrets for choices that they made. For Kelli it's the choice she made when she was a teenager. For Heather the decision she made to
Melissa Miller
Sep 28, 2011 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Just starting during lunch breaks...will have some feedback soon.
Sandra
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
New fan of this author!

Forgiveness, sometimes so hard to do, but always the right thing. Mistakes made in the past, you think you can move on past the pain but you can't till forgiveness takes place. I was with the people here every step of the way wishing I had friends and family like that. Seeking and following God's will is what it's all about. I am so glad I found this author. I will be following her from now on. OUTSTANDING! Highly recommend, don't miss this!
Josephine
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT! WOW

This is a book as books were made to be written! A beautiful story, redemption, entertainment, and uplifting. Powerfully written. I loved the characters and the interactions they had. This left me inspired to do more praying and worship. This is a story for those who needs a second chance. I highly recommend!
Delmeer
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book

Awesome! The book was beautifully written. I love Kelli and Brian's relationship and there love story. I also loved Cyd and Cedric' s, gave me hope.
Lea-Ann McGregor
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The storyline could be any one

A reminder that no matter what, when we look to Jesus, we are offered forgiveness through mercy and grace. Such a true to life storyline.
Makeba
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved it.

Loved the main characters and how God changed their their s
Lives and situations. Definitely recommend. Inspiring , and well written
Michelle
More like 4.5 stars, but not quite there so I rounded it down.

I have a lot of thoughts about this book. Mostly good. First of all, it made me cry a few times. Yeah, like the tears rolling down your cheeks kind. I get a bit misty eyed sometimes when I read, but not usually real tears. I have never suffered like Kelli had, but there was just something about her grief and healing that was very inspirational. I loved how the characters all focused so much on prayer and seeking God's will for their l
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
Sometimes the mistakes we make in our life can act as road blocks. They can prevent us from ever seeing our true potential and pursuing the dreams we were meant to fulfill. I read the most amazing book that sets out to show you through fictional characters just how those road blocks can prevent us from finding our purpose in life and what God wants for us to become.

In the book, Cherished by Kim Cash Tate, we find ourselves in the second book of the Women of Faith series. The three characters who
Patricia Kemp Blackmon
Kelli London is a broken soul. Even though she had spent much of her teen years in church it has been seven years since she has attended a service. She had also abandoned songwriting a gift God had meant for her to use.
Then she moves to St. Louis after college in hopes of finding employment and to spend some time with her two brothers and their wives. Her brothers have joined an amazing ministry at Living Word Community Church and she decided to join them at church. Kelli starts opening her hear
Janette Fuller
Nov 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Kim Cash Tate has written a powerful Christian fiction book about forgiveness, redemption and restoration. The women in "Cherished" learn that God loves them and He will forgive them if they turn to Him in repentance.

This is a story about a group of friends and family members who were active in a large church in St. Louis. Kelli has recently returned home to St. Louis after living in Texas for several years. She dreamed of being a Christian singer and songwriter when she was in high school. How
Katrina Burchett
Kelli is out of work. She agrees to move back to her hometown, because the job opportunities may be better and she likes the idea of living close to her brothers and their wives. She never thought her choice would bring back bad memories.

Heather has a habit of making the wrong choices when it comes to the opposite sex, and she's not feeling too good about herself. Will she ever accept the fact that no matter what she has done God loves her?

Brian is studying towards a PhD at Washington U, and he'
Heather
Mar 14, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-ebook
How can you believe God cherishes you, when you can't forgive yourself?

That is the question that two women ask in this book. Kelli London once dreamed of being a songwriter. She dreamed about Brian, that they would have a forever love. But choices she regrets dashed her dreams, and upended her hope. But when her dreams come around again, she's forced to face her past, before she can live her future.

Heather Anderson's life is a mess. First she has an affair with a married man, then a one-night st
Aug 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes the hardest person to forgive is ourselves. Kelli and Heather are shackled with guilt for past mistakes. Kelli’s past keeps her from fulfilling her dream of writing and singing songs for God’s glory. Heather’s sins are on display for the church to see and to judge her. Both feel as though they are undeserving of a future because of their past mistakes. Will they allow God’s mercy and grace to capture them and to guide them to the plan He has for their lives?
There were several things I
Wendy
Aug 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this book and was pleasantly surprised. I really had no idea what the story was about when I picked it, but I'm so glad I read it!

The two main characters, Kelli and Heather, are both trapped by sin in their life, believing that they have messed up so bad that God won't forgive them or use them for His purposes. When Kelli moves back home to be near her family, she finds that confessing her sin is the first step to bringing healing. When Kelli's sister-in-law decides to disciple h
Lisa Phillips
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cherished star’s Kelli, still struggling to regain some peace in her life after an abortion years ago, and a broken relationship. Faced again with her once-dream of songwriting, and with the man she thought she'd spend forever with, Kelli has to let go of the past and forgive. After she returns to her faith, song lyrics start coming to her again and together she and Brian write and record his next album—Love Letters—the foundation of which is the love letter to their baby.

Throw in bereavement,
Erin
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Daughters' Fellowship group is back in this sequel to "Faithful". Here our beloved trio of best friends returns, along with two new main characters to teach us about friendship and life and learning how to walk with God.

Kelli is a young woman who dreamed of a career in Christian music... until she made a decision that she is sure God could never forgive. Now trying to find fulfilment in other areas, her life seems to be on a slow ride to nowhere. When her outspoken sister-in-law discovers so
Heather
Oct 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cherished by Kim Cash Tate is an excellent story about forgiveness, redemption, and love. This is told in the third person from several different characters’ perception, and it works very well. This was one book that would not have worked in first-person, even if it had two (or more) perspectives. It would’ve been hard to follow. How it’s written, though, is perfect and made reading it very enjoyable.

While the summary mentions Kelli and Heather, the story seems to be more about Kelli – and Brian
Belindachaplin
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kim Cash Tate's "Cherished" is a wonderful novel about second chances and finding one's true self in Christ. I originally reviewed her book "Faithful" in 2010, and so it was no surprise to me to find myself once again totally engrossed in the characters, the story and the wonderful message of this novel.

Cherished is about the fact that God loves us, and cherishes us, even when we don't always do the right thing. Kelli is not sure what she wants out of life, but the last thing she wants is to ha
Oct 15, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Title: CHERISHED
Author: Kim Cash Tate
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
August 2011
ISBN: 978-1-59554-855-9
Genre: Inspirational/women’s fiction

Kelli London grew up in St. Louis, and her dreams of becoming a songwriter took her to college in Texas where she majored in everything except music. Now, she’s home in St. Louis to attend her brother’s wedding, and her family is trying to talk her into moving back. Kelli wants to stay in Texas, but she allows her family to convince her.

Heather Anderson had an aff
Terry
Sep 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone. Especially those who feel burdened, heartbroken, and can't forgive themselves.
Shelves: first-reads
A real 'life-changer' with a message of hope, healing and self-forgiveness for all who are seeking and willing to hear.

During the course of our lives, we've all made decisions we deeply regret. Some of those choices carry heavy consequences as we stagger along under the burdens of guilt, shame and regret, even self-loathing.
Can we be released from these burdens? Is there any redemption possible for us? Any way we can be restored at all?

Kim Cash Tate says "Yes!" between the pages of this powerfu
Cindy
Sep 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kelli has carried hurt, anger and betrayal around for seven years, will a move back to her home town change her heart? Singing a song she wrote for her baby, at her brother's wedding opens up old wounds. Wounds that she has pushed down and blocked, and now are in her face needing to be dealt with. Opting to move back to St. Louis maybe her undoing though, when she runs into Brian, the one man she had hoped to never see again. Her baby's father. Her aborted baby's father. Baggage in her heart and ...more
Melanie
Aug 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelli London doesn't think she can ever be cherished because of past mistakes. She doubts God will ever use her and thinks her dream of songwriting can never come to anything.

Heather Anderson - she had an affair with a married man and now with a drummer for a christian band - only to find out that he has a girlfriend (soon to be fiance) and that she is just a fling...she feels like a tramp and wonders if she can ever be truly remade and cherished.

I really liked 'Cherished'. The story was great a
Brittany
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I am going to admit, I was skeptical about this book. I am a Christian woman, but I have never read a faith-based novel. It was amazing. I loved the book so much. I feel as though God was telling me to keep reading this types of books. It was almost like a daily devotional- it encouraged me and helped me to understand just how wonderful God is and how his timing is always perfect!

Kelli was hurt by her by longtime bf years ago. She dreamed of being a songwriter. When she moves back in with her fa
Melanie
Kim Cash Tate

Despite our past sins, our past choices, we are loved by God and cherished as a child of His. Kelli has run from her past, from a potential career as a song writer because she felt God wouldn’t have anything good for her after having an abortion. She returns 7 years later to her hometown to stay with her brother and his wife. Suckered into going to a conference for Christian Music writers, Kelli feels a renewed relationship with God. She runs into her old boyfriend Brian, w
Cleffairy
Aug 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed at: Over A Cuppa Tea
Review date: 10 August 2011
Review link:http://cleffairy.com/?p=5921

‘Cherished’ is the second book by Kim Cash Tate that I’ve read. I had the privilege to review the ARC of her previous work, ‘Faithful’, and I thought her work was really inspiring and brought me closer to God.

I was hoping to read her work again, and I was really pleased when I saw her latest book, ‘Cherished’ is up for review.

I didn’t quite know what to expect from her latest work, but I have to say
Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
A book that from the start had a story that made you want to keep reading, but was very "churchy" with its delivery. I enjoy Christian fiction, but I do not enjoy when it takes a little while to get to the depth of the story. I was pulled in with intrigue, but didn't feel like the reader hit the meat of the story until you were over half way through the book.

I liked this book, but I sit on the fence because the tone of the story was not subtle. In the same token, the characters were captivating
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Need You Now
  • His Steadfast Love
  • When God Makes Lemonade: True Stories that Amaze & Encourage
  • Redeeming Waters
  • Stand by Me (A SouledOut Sisters Novel #1)
  • Another Way Home (Chicory Inn #3)
  • Forgiving Our Fathers And Mothers
  • The Cowboy Lawman (Cooper Creek, #5)
  • Heart of Gold
  • Rose's Pledge (Harwood House, #1)
  • Fairer Than Morning (Saddler's Legacy, #1)
  • The Shadow of Your Smile (Deep Haven, #5)
  • Song of the Brokenhearted
  • Someone to Watch Over Me
  • Rancher's Refuge (Whisper Falls, #1)
  • Johanna's Bridegroom (Hannah's Daughters, #6)
  • The Last Woman Standing
  • Brush of Angel's Wings (Heaven On Earth #2)
Kim Cash Tate is the author of several books and a former practicing attorney. She has a deep love for the word of God, and loves to ignite a passion in others to not only know the Lord, but to walk intimately with Him. Kim lives in St. Louis with her husband of twenty-three years and their two children.
More about Kim Cash Tate...

“Heather held it between her fingers and read the words out loud:     • Done.     • Gone.     • Covered.     • Cleansed.     • Wiped.     • Washed.     • Renewed.     • Restored.     • FORGIVEN. She turned to the back, which read, As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. ~Psalm 103:12 Heather stared at it, reading the verse again and again, then looked over at Kelli, who was apparently doing the same. “I never thought about forgiveness this way,” Heather said. “I knew God was forgiving, but I felt like He’d always be mindful of what I did, like I’d never really get away from it. This makes it seem like He forgets about it. How can God forget something?” Cyd” 1 likes
“The funny thing about forgiveness is that God is much freer with it than humans are.” She” 1 likes