Start by marking “Witch Hunt” as Want to Read:
Witch Hunt

Witch Hunt

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  127 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Abbey is not looking forward to moving with her parents into a run-down old house in Massachusetts, where a teenage girl lived 300 years ago until she was hanged for being a witch. Then Abbey meets a pair of time-travelers and finds herself hurtling back in time. Abbey will meet the teenage witch and try to save her from the hangman's noose.
Published September 1st 2000 by Pinnacle (first published March 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Witch Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witch Hunt

Nia Imani
Apr 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I ever read by Wendy Corsi Staub and it's still my favorite!!! I love the story! It kept me interested, as it mixed time travel with history and even threw in some romance (which is always a major plus for me). I've read this book at least 3 times and I would definitely recommend it to everyone!
Marisa
Apr 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
Checked out when she named the slave Jemima.
Soapykitty
Oct 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I got this from the library a few years ago and loved it,but it wasn't there anymore when I went to check it out again.I got a cheap copy off Amazon and found that I still love it,although it is a little bit more young adultish (yeah,I make up my own words) than I remembered.I wish they would re-release it again.
Lexi
Dec 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
i loved this book it was exciting and was alot of what salem mass was like back then i just loved this book
Pam Stockley
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!

What a wonderful read. Great plot, interesting weave of history. Perfect ending with enough of a twist to keep all ages engaged
Eden
Sep 28, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, reviewed
Abby has always wanted to go away somewhere for the summer. But, not to Seacliffe, a town in Massachusetts. Abby and her parents move into an old house there that her parents will remodel to sell.

But Abby isn't happy being there. As much as she wanted to get away, she'd much rather be back in New York.

The summer turns out not to be as boring as Abby thought it would be. In fact, a lot of unbelievable things happen.

Abby finds out that time traveling is real, and somehow she has to help save the
Sarah Crawford
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
The story takes place in the sixties. Abbey goes with her parents and two brothers to temporarily live in an old house given to them by relatives. The plan is to fix the house up, then sell it.

It turns out the house is very old and very spooky looking. It smells, and everything in it is really old.

She meets Katie and finds out that a girl that lived in the house Abbey is staying in was executed during the Salem Witch Trials as a witch.

Later she runs into a guy who thinks that it's 1693 rather t
Christina Kuvaja
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After a long break from reading, I finally went to my library and picked up this book. It was actually really good! It is a story about the witch trials (the only part of History that ever captured my attention) and has time travel in it too. I read the book very fast so it was good enough that I couldn't put it down for too long. I finished it in two days! Anyway, the book was a little different for me because I wasn't loving the main character too much (but it's a different style of writing th ...more
Denise
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
'Lodestone: (Witch-Hunt) was a fantastic read. Once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. The storyline was well written and well thought out. I liked how this story played out. The descriptive scenes and scenery were very good. The adventure throughout was intriguing. I truly enjoyed reading this book. The characters were well defined and the lead, Sabrina, was a strong young woman that grew as a healer with a mission. The mythological aspect was awesome, very creative. This book is a g ...more
Connie T.
Abby is not happy when she discovers she has to spend her summer in the sleepy coastal town of Seacliffe. Then things begin to get interesting when Riley and Zachariah enter the picture. I'm a sucker for time travel books (in this case between 1960s and 1690s) and those dealing with witchcraft. The touch of romance adds to the appeal.

Note: It was listed as a horror story on the spine of my copy. There was nothing horrific about this story. Some suspense, some might say a thriller, but definitely
Top Cat =^_^=
This was a pretty good book. It is more aimed for teens than adults, though I still found it rather enjoyable. Finished it in one day so if you get a chance to read it or have a teenage daughter I recommend giving it a try. Book is about time traveling, courage, and determination to do what one feels is right. The understanding of the danger of fear in groups and the damage that such fear can cause on innocent people.
Michelle
This was one of her early books. It was okay but not as good as newer ones.
Sara
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I read this book so much when I was younger that it literally fell apart. I even duct taped it back together once. It makes me sad the cheapest copies on Amazon are near $50.
Parissa
  • The Secret Window
  • Two Suns in the Sky
  • The Silent Storm
  • Don't Think Twice
  • The Secret of Cypriere Bayou (Shivers, #5)
  • Popcorn
  • Cages
  • The Girl Who Invented Romance
  • Beyond the Burning Time
  • In Fidelity
  • Sixpence Bride
  • Bloodstone
  • Hooray for You!: A Celebration of "You-Ness"
  • Something Good
  • The Only Wiccan Spell Book You'll Ever Need: For Love, Happiness, and Prosperity
  • Beware of Boys (Charly's Epic Fiascos, #4)
New York Times bestseller Wendy Corsi Staub is the award-winning author of more than ninety novels, best known for the single title psychological suspense novels she writes under her own name. Those books and the women's fiction she writes under the pseudonym Wendy Markham have also appeared on the USA Today, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Bookscan bestseller lists.

LITTLE GIRL LOST (July, William M
More about Wendy Corsi Staub

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
  • Dread Nation
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)