Start by marking “Deadly Desires” as Want to Read:
Deadly Desires

Deadly Desires (Deadly #2)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  174 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
How can you plan a future. . .

After a desperate struggle to sever ties with her husband, Kira Gregory is suddenly a free woman. She can start a new life without guns, drugs, dirty money, or fear. But Kira's newfound independence seems too good to be true. And it is. . .

When you can't outrun your past?

DEA Special Agent Dexter Brady spent months trying to get Kira's husba

Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Desires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Desires

Kim
Oct 18, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'd like to preface this by mentioning that I am an Ann Christopher loyal reader, but I have to be honest in giving my reviews.

**THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS**

First I have to start off by saying that I absolutely loved [[ASIN:B004ELAH9A Deadly Pursuit]] That book really had the Romance and Suspense on point, so I was thoroughly excited to read this book to see how Kareem and Kira turned out. Although the story was well written, it was entirely too predictable. While reading this book I knew
Charity
Jan 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
See review at nocturnereads.com

I have to start off by saying I didn’t realize this was book two in a series until I started reading. I was a little lost, but the story took right off. Be ready for a story packed full of action, suspense, and romance! I really liked the dialog and overall language of the book; it felt very real and natural. Dexter and Kira are well written compatible characters. The suspense really does keep the pages turning. I was up into all hours of the night because I lost t
Elizabeth
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story

I enjoyed this 2nd part to the series as much as the 1st...especially seeing how a relationship would unfold between Brady and Kira. I cannot wait to read how a relationship unfolds with Kerry and Jayne in the next part of this series. I also enjoyed how the story was not focused solely on the sexual part of the relationship being that there are other ways to connect in a relationship in addition to that. .
Carolyn Greene
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Read

The first book was great and this one was just as good ! Ann is an excellent writer. She makes it easy to visualize the story.
Brandi
Nov 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Great book but not a standalone title. Deadly Pursuits should be read first in order to understand who the charcters are and their motivations. Apparently, Kira Gregory has been helping DEA Special Agent Dexter Brady to bring her drug kingpin husband down. Agent Brady has been holding back his feelings for the criminal's wife but once Kareem Gregory is dead, nothing can hold him back any longer. However. Kira has a few more skeletons in her closet that will make Dexter question his judgement.
Si
Deena
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great follow-up to Deadly Pursuit. I actually read this one in a day! Kareem was the devil incarnate, and his mama was a straight up fool! I loved Dexter, but wasn't as drawn to Kira for some reason. Dexter was a sweetie pie and I was glad that their relationship wasn't too drawn out, but it would have been nice to have more sex scenes, cause honey, Ms. Ann knows how to bring the heat!!

I don't want to give anything away, but I must have missed the whole Kerry/Kira thing in the first book, cause
Toniette
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG

I just knew that Kareem was alive. I did think Kira was crazy when she grabbed that man at the funeral because I thought he wasn't that sick to attend his own funeral.....BUT SURPRISE HE DID. I'M SO GLAD SHE PISTOL WHOOPED THAT BEHIND!!!!!
Sherri Wheeler
Feb 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is book two in the series. I found it to be better than #1.
Pamela
Jul 02, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a good Ann Christopher novel....but very predictable. The ending was a bit of a letdown for me. A quick....good read, but that's all.
Tonia  Smith
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A definite page turner. Loved the suspense , the romance and cannot forget the action.
Avery Flynn
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great combo of suspense and romantic tension. Had me leaving early to pick up the kids from school so I could sneak in a few minutes to read in the car.
Kendra Griffin
DEADLY DESIRES

THIS BOOK WAS BETTER THAN I EXPECTED. I LOVE WHEN A BOOK HAS EVERYTHING YOU WOULD WATCH IN A MOVIE ABOUT HOW TO BRING DOWN A DRUG KINGPIN. IT WAS WORTH THE READ.
Lynn Turner
Tonya Lee
Oct 21, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Like No One Else
  • King's Passion (House of Kings, #1)
  • Sweet Destiny
  • In Her Neighbor's Bed
  • Once You've Touched The Heart
  • Madaris Saga: Tonight And Forever\Whispered Promises\Eternally Yours
  • A Lover's Regret (The Ramseys, #4)
  • A Case for Romance
  • Not Even If You Begged
A recovering lawyer, Ann Christopher was first published in 2006 and is the author of 18 contemporary romance novels, 5 novellas and a tragically bad starter novel that will forever remain under her bed, where it belongs. She’s also written a young adult novel that will be available very soon.

When she’s not writing or communing with her readers on her Facebook page, AuthorAnnChristopher, Ann like
More about Ann Christopher...

Deadly (2 books)