Start by marking “A Christmas Visitor (Cape Light #8)” as Want to Read:
A Christmas Visitor (Cape Light #8)

A Christmas Visitor

(Cape Light #8)

Christmas comes again to the little town of Cape Light.

Molly Willoughby-Harding has a beautiful home, a husband, family, and friends, and a blossoming new business-so why is she unhappy? Just as her life is starting to take off, she's pregnant again-and she's going to have to confront her previous notions of what she truly needs to be happy, in order to recapture that el
Published October 2nd 2007 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas Visitor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas Visitor

Cyndi
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read to get you in the spirit of Christmas. It revolves around three individuals, Miranda, Molly, and Ben. Miranda falls in love with a man with amnesia; Molly becomes pregnant just when her business is growing and her children our teenagers; and Ben, a clergyman who's faith is tested when a statute of an Angel is found in the basement of the church. You have to have faith that God will see us through the challenges that we face.
Lisa Petro
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first time reading this author. This book had 3 different story lines going on simultaneously all with a Christmas theme. A nice read. It reminds us of the spirit of Christmas, friendship , forgiveness and friendship.
Linda Antoszewski
I am reading my way through the Cape Light series. The Christmas Visitor is a very warm and easy Christmas story. Thomas Kinkade is as good an author as he is a painter. I’m enjoying these books very much.
Donna
Feb 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In "A Christmas Visitor", the people of Cape Light are in for all kinds of surprises:
1.) Miranda, granddaughter of Sophie Potter, finds an unconscious man in the orchard;
2.) Molly and Matt Harding are expecting a baby (Molly has 2 daughters from a previous marriage and Matt has a daughter from a former marriage also);
3.) Carl Tulley and Rev. Ben Lewis find a statue of an angel in the basement of the church.

Miranda is walking the dog, Dixie, out in the orchard whe
Don
Dec 12, 2012 rated it liked it
I am writing to recommend:

a Christmas Visitor: a Cape Light Novel
by Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer

Once again, this book appears to be part of a series which I may or may not have encountered before. In this instance though, I found that I fell in love with the small New England town and its people and it was clear to me why folks might go back for more.

Basically, there are three stories which comprise this book. One is of Molly, a recently remarried woman who learns that she is pregnan
Megan
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nice story to read around Christmas time. It was predictable and didn't have any turn of events, but overall was a easy and nice read.
Julie Barrett
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A Christmas Visitor- A Cape Light Novel by Thomas Kinkade and Catherine Spencer
Cape Light, Maine, Each of the three are getting a visitor at Christmastime.
Miranda finds a man in her orchard and he's unconscious. The EMT's tell her and her grandmother to keep him awake. They do bring him back to their house after getting checked out at the hospital. The local Cop is leery about him, they find no wallet or car.
Molly is pregnant and at her age. She is a caterer and I love that sh
Mike
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

To gear up for the Christmas season, I have begun by reading another in the Cape Light series. Although fictional, it touches something real within me.

I won't give the story away by narrating it here in this review, but I will say that Katherine Spencer deserves an award for the display of genius exhibited in every book in the Cape Light novels. Thomas Kinkade's artwork shown on the jacket of each book contributes so much.

This series is the product of two geniu
Diana
Nov 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy a "Cape Light" novel by Thomas Kinkade. The continuing stories take place in a Norman Rockwell kind of small town with enough human conflict to make them interesting. It's my literary "guilty pleasure". After all, I was a baby and young child of the 50's, and it's kind of nice to read a book occasianally without edgy, weird characters and story lines.
Amy
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much. The stories were real feeling like an everyday thing and something I could relate too. it is a very good feel book and I could not wait to see what happened. Can't wait to read more of the series
Jessica Savage
Feb 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone wanting a Christmas story around the holidays
Recommended to Jessica by: Aunt Susie - Birthday present
I started this book around Christmas and it read really quickly. It was a very light read, great for a little Christmas story to get you in the spirit. It was very enjoyable and a great holiday read.
Mandy Stewart
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I've read by Thomas Kinkade.I have always loved his paintings b/c they are so beautiful.I have to say he writes as beautifully as he paints.Truly well-rounded talent.Great book!
Alona Perlin
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Thomas Kincaide's books are like his paintings and his paintings are like his books. They are charming, romantic and picturesque. He puts into words what people are feeling. I really enjoyed being in "his world". He sounds just like I pictured him to be.
Thalia
Nov 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Nothing deep here, just another cozy little christmas story that actually reads like real life - jealousy, disappointment, suspicion, love, trust, luck. This was my first "visit" to Cape Light and you know, I liked it, I really liked it. Maybe I'll visit again....
Heather
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Love
Nancy A. Norman
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Another heart warming story about family life in Cape Light. People meeting everyday issues that strengthen their faith and their relationships
Linda
Jun 13, 2008 added it
A Cape Light Novel...don't start this on a week night...I couldn't sleep till I finished!
Culleen
Feb 25, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the people of Cape Light once again.
Desiree
Oct 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Very good, now I want to go backwards and read the others in the series
Jacklynn Pragosa
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved how the story talked about Christmas miracles and about how the birth of a new baby can bring a family together for the holidays and how we should count our blessings.
Kate
Dec 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Nice, quick, holiday read
Lori
May 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
(I give it five stars for the pictures)
Carol
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good Christmas read with several touching stories of people finding love and have miracles happen. Another great Cape Light story!
Good way to start the holiday season.
Shannon
Jan 26, 2011 rated it liked it
This was the first Cape Light book I read, and I would read the others to get a better background. It was easy to follow, but it kept me wondering where it was going. A wonderful holoday read!
Gail Jorgensen
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a pleasant read I did not know thomas kinkade wrote recieved a group of these for Christmas can't wait to read the next one.
Julie
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another nice book in the Cape Light series. I enjoy the mix of recurring and new characters. It keeps the books fresh. Plus I appreciate the progression of characters' lives from year to year.
Diane Davis
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Haven't been reading these in order but still enjoying them
Rose
Mar 18, 2009 added it
Shelves: adult-fiction
F Kin
Laurinda Medeiros
Jan 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Very light reading. Kept me in the Christmas spirit!
Lisa
Aug 31, 2008 marked it as to-read
Shelves: series
Cape Light series / book eight

• Thomas Kinkade's Cape Light: Together for Christmas (Cape Light #16)
  • A Dropped Stitches Christmas (Sisterhood Series #2)
  • Jingle Bell Bride
  • Finding Father Christmas (Father Christmas, #1)
  • The Christmas Promise (Christmas Hope, #4)
  • The Gift of Christmas Present
  • Christmas in Harmony (Harmony, #2.5)
  • The Spirit of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #4)
  • The Christmas Tree Treasure Hunt
  • Christmas Jars Reunion
  • Unwrapping Christmas
  • The Unexpected Gift (Sisters and Brides #3)
Thomas Kinkade was known as the "Painter of Light." His works, although spurned by the secular art establishment, were very popular with Christians and many others.

Cape Light (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Cape Light (Cape Light #1)
  • Home Song (Cape Light #2)
  • A Gathering Place (Cape Light #3)
  • A New Leaf (Cape Light #4)
  • A Christmas Promise (Cape Light #5)
  • The Christmas Angel (Cape Light #6)
  • A Christmas To Remember (Cape Light #7)
  • A Christmas Star (Cape Light #9)
  • A Wish for Christmas (Cape Light #10)
  • On Christmas Eve (Cape Light #11)