Start by marking “Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook” as Want to Read:
Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook

Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  385 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
One pot and you're done—delicious recipes using everyday kitchen equipment With every day so busy, wouldn't you just love to throw everything in one pot and have dinner ready? With Weight Watchers® One Pot Cookbook, you'll find 300 super-tasty and healthy one-dish recipes that the whole family will love. These no-fuss recipes are more than just easy—they are healthy and nu ...more
Published December 2nd 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook

Alison Chandler
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this cookbook...the Italian recipes are good. But the tuna casserole was bland. When I got to summer vegetable risotto, I would have taken bland any day over this. The recipe calls for a 1/4 cup of dry white wine OR vermouth. I used leftover dry vermouth we had for martinis that we only got a few months ago. We had a lot left. The flavor combination of corn and vermouth I can tell you, is a disgusting one! I blame myself for not just buying the white wine, but then why does the ...more
Kelly
Jul 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, cookbook
Lots of recipes - but I would wager only 25% or less of them have accompanying pictures. Why create a cookbook without photos?

I would say the odds of me making some of these recipes are rather high as they have crock-pot recipes!! But please don't tell me it's a one pot meal if I have to use every bowl and pan in the kitchen during the preparation process - that's cheating. One pot means one pot start to finish - period.
Katrina
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Not bad. A lot of recipes I wouldn't use but some good ones too.
Nancy
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Looking for a way to add to my fall and winter menus, I picked up The WeightWatchers One Pot Cookbook. This book is broken up into multiple types of single pots – skillet, wok, saucepan, roasting pan, casserole dish, slow cooker, grill, baking pan, etc, I was drawing to the section on Dutch ovens.

I chose two recipes to try out – No-Fuss French-Style Beef Stew and the Chicken in White Wine – which is also the front cover photo.

Both recipes were very rounded in flavor but neither turned out the
Ava Brightly ☕
Ive never done the Weight Watcher's point, program thing (blergh) but the idea of less dishes had me completely sold. I cook for 6 people everyday. I could do without so many dishes.

The recipes are divided by pot/dish. I haven't seen a huge impact in reducing dirty dishes. I think a crockpot still holds that title. Not all recipes are pictured and I much prefer a visual so I can say to my kids, "This is what its SUPPOSED to look like. Be quiet and eat. You like raisins."

The recipes Ive tried are
Kellea
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When it comes to Weight Watchers cookbooks, One Pot is probably the best so far. It's colorful and chock full of multicultural recipes that will satisfy various taste buds. And the thing I love the most about this book is that the chapters are divided by the type of cooking device: bowl, skillet, wok, saucepan, dutch oven, roasting pan, casserole dish, slow cooker, grill, baking pan, and more. Now, while I only have a few of these cooking tools, this cookbook makes me want to run out and get one ...more
Charlie
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've made a few recipes from this, and read through each of the instructional chapters. The recipes are easy to follow, and the tidbits helpful. Only downside was not every recipe has photos. Plus, Weight Watchers has a new point system so the points are wrong, but the nutritional facts are included. so that's helpful. I photocopied quite a few of the recipes and will refer to this in the future. Yay for the cooking section at my library!
Brooke
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've never met a WW cookbook I didn't love and this one does not disappoint. I love they modify real food recipes that we want to eat, but bump up the nutrition with veggies and spices and cut down the fat and sugar. Whether you are watching your weight, or using WW points system, these are just great recipes for good food. My favorite recipe is the crock pot pulled pork. Always a family and crowd pleaser.
Dolly
Jun 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who enjoy cooking healthy
This is a helpful and creative cookbook that incorporates a lot of different tastes, cultures and styles of cooking, all of which are healthy and made within one pot or cooking method (the recipe includes grilling recipes, too). I'm not sure how many of the recipes I'll make, but many are versions of what I already make. I thought the glossy photographs were very nicely presented and it was fun to look at all the recipes.
Shari Henry
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
You'll find lots of easy to prepare, new-twists-on-old-classics here, along with several international and fusion recipes. Each recipe includes its corresponding Weight Watchers PointsPlus value. "One Pot" is translated broadly - chapters are broken into "In a Roasting Pan," "In a Wok," "In a Skillet," and so on. I'm not a fan of low-fat dairy products or eggless eggs (what the heck does that even mean?) but there is still plenty here for me to adapt and try.
Violet
Dec 06, 2011 rated it liked it
This book looked like it had a lot og good receipes in it, regretfully I was not able to make alotof them because of dietary restrictions that I have. Mainly sodium and cholesterol. But I did find a few that I would like to try, now I just have to try them before this book has to go back to the library.
Sherry
Jun 04, 2012 is currently reading it
Great time saving recipes. I borrowed it from the library but plan to purchase it.

I like the point system which helps me keep track of my families eating without having to count carbs and calories.

This is one of the books I recommend to people who want to loose weight or just maintain the weight they have.
Melissa
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
I absolutely loved the recipes in this book! Every one I make turns out great.

I especially love the chicken recipe made in the dutch over (it is also the recipe on the cover) and have made it several times since picking up this book from my local library.

I recommend this book to (non)cooks who are looking for some quick and easy recipes that are also tasty.
Diane K. Peterson
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a very solid cookbook full of balanced, healthy recipes. One feature I really liked was the use of many different pots and cooking techniques, all explained with photos. I don't keep cookbooks unless they are of value to me. This one is a keeper.
Charcoal
Jan 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
There was a wide variety of healthy-ish recipes in the book. It also lists weight watcher points next to each recipe.
Tracy Morton
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Mostly easy meals that are not bad for the diet.
Amber
Jun 22, 2013 rated it liked it
This was an "it's just ok" for me book. I found the recipes too involved and too many ingredients. WW should team up with Martha Stewart's Food magazine and do something.

Glad I didn't buy it.
Jackie
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love this cookbook. Weight Watchers is by far the best diet plan out there.
Lynn
Jan 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-books, cookbooks
This cookbook is amazing! Each receipe we've tried so far has been a slam dunk. I highly recommend giving this book a try.
Chrystal
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cook-books, diet
Great recipes. Wanted more pics. My favorite weight watchers book.
Rebekah
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My review from VBPL Recommends: http://vbplrecommends.blogspot.com/20...
Katie
Jan 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Basic kind of recipes. I didn't find it inspired or inspiring.
Linda
Sep 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
no 641.821 great recipes first on my list to use.
Liz Cee
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recipes look good, I will be trying these. I know WW recipes usually taste good and am looking forward to trying them in the fall. I am liking the newest program too.
Vivian
Aug 16, 2013 added it
Shelves: 2013
Will be trying these recipes over the next two weeks. Going to get back on track. :)
Joe
Dec 30, 2015
Kimberly J. Supsinskas
Jul 14, 2016
  • Quick & Easy Chinese: 70 Everyday Recipes
  • Everyday Food: Light: The Quickest and Easiest Recipes, All Under 500 Calories
  • The Glycemic-Load Diet: A Powerful New Program for Losing Weight and Reversing Insulin Resistance
  • Food Network Magazine 1,000 Easy Recipes: Super Fun Food for Every Day
  • Power Foods: 150 Delicious Recipes with the 38 Healthiest Ingredients
  • The Mom 100 Cookbook: 100 Recipes Every Mom Needs in Her Back Pocket
  • Cutie Pies: 40 Sweet, Savory, and Adorable Recipes
  • More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: 200 Brand-New, Budget-Friendly, Slow-Cooker Recipes
  • The Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book: A Guide to Whole-Grain Breadmaking
  • Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts: Secrets and Recipes for the Home Baker
  • The 2011 Book Blogger's Cookbook (The Book Blogger's Cookbook)
  • The 1500-Calorie-A-Day Cookbook
  • This Is Why You're Fat: Where Dreams Become Heart Attacks
  • Cook Like a Rock Star: 125 Recipes, Lessons, and Culinary Secrets
  • Making Artisan Cheese: Fifty Fine Cheeses That You Can Make in Your Own Kitchen
  • Saveur: The New Comfort Food: Home Cooking from Around the World
  • Paula Deen's Kitchen Classics: The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook and The Lady & Sons, Too!
  • The French Slow Cooker