Start by marking “Tuesday Night Miracles” as Want to Read:
Tuesday Night Miracles

Tuesday Night Miracles

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  994 Ratings  ·  145 Reviews
In this poignant and transformative novel, bestselling author Kris Radish weaves a tale of five women yearning for change—and the potential for happiness that lies within every heart.

Free-spirited psychologist Dr. Olivia Bayer suspects she’ll need a miracle to help the four wildly different women in her anger management class. Grace, a single working mother, can barely f
Published January 3rd 2012 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2012)

Jessica
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I stayed up late reading this one. It was interesting. My thoughts are still churning around a few plots that didn't get the resolution that I, the reader, wanted to see. Isn't that how life is though? We don't always get the resolutions to scenarios or interactions that we want to see. Radish left me with some happy endings and some almost happy endings that have enough glimmer of hope that I can almost convince myself to make up the happy ending.
I appreciated each woman's journey that led h
Debbie
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Glad to have been lead to this book as a book club read. New author to me, but I liked her.

I found the whole premise of this story interesting- four women, all at different stages in life and different places in life in general - all dealing with anger and brought together by Olivia. It was interesting to watch them all come to terms with what brought them to the boiling point, and figure out how to go forward. Early on I found myself really disliking Jane, but as the story goes on and you find
Carol
Jan 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Jane beats a real estate broker bloody with her stiletto heel. Kit lays into her brother with a broken wine bottle. Physically and mentally abused by her husband, Leah finally takes it out on her children. Grace uses her own car as a battering ram on her daughter's boyfriend's car, totaling both vehicles.

I can imagine that any woman - possibly any man, too - would be able to see themselves in the shoes of one of these characters. Angry and pushed to the limit. Committing crimes of passion. Each
jb Byrkit
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Charlotte
Feb 17, 2012 rated it really liked it

I think what I enjoyed most about this novel is that I could see pieces of myself in each of the women. For example, Kit. I could actually see my Mother in Kit. Right down to being the only daughter and sleeping by her Mother's bedside while taking care of her. But it is *ME* that would go after my uncles with a wine bottle, not my mother. LOL. None of these women, with the exception of maybe Leah, have lives not that different from yours or mine. Each of
Deena Marie
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
once I invested in the characters, I felt like I was on each jouney with them. couldnt put it down...
Eileen
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book so glad it was picked for our May reading
Heather Von Seggern
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love the book and love love love the Author! <3
Ann
Dec 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Choosing Tuesday Night Miracles, by Kris Radish, and settling in for a serious read is like taking a long, brisk walk on a crisp cold day. This novel revived me and pulled me into the lives of characters with problems many of us can relate to. There is no sedentary involvement on the reader's part. Not since How To Make An American Quilt by Whitney Otto have I been so interested in a group of women and their stories.

Dr. Olivia Bayer is a therapist closing in on retirement without truly taking a
Becky
I am so glad our book group picked this book to read. I have never read anything by Kris Radish but I plan to in the future. For some reason I thought her books were on the humorous side, which I am not a fan of.

4 very different women each have an event happen in their lives (each their own, not one event involving all 4) & they end up having to take a court ordered anger management class, led by an earth mother type psychologist, Dr Olivia Bayer.
We learn a little about each woman & how
Pamela Barrett
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Four women are instructed by the court to take Anger Management classes. They meet on Tuesday nights with the esteemed Dr. Olivia Bayer, who swears this will be her last group before she retires; if she retires is up in the air, because she has decided to do something different, even unorthodox, with these women and if it fails it could be the end of her long career and a worst case situation for the women.

Kris Radish has written an entertaining novel that is also thought provoking and touches
Jody
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
I usually love Kris Radish's books. "The Elegant Gathering of White Snows" and "Dancing Naked at the Edge of Dawn" have permanent places on my bookshelf. I was so excited to find out she had a new book out, but this one was my first disappointment from this author. I had trouble connecting with the characters and felt that Radish din't delve as deeply into the souls of the women who inhabit this story as she has done in the past. And her use of the dog's voice to give us details of Olivia's pers ...more
Lisaana
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Just loved this book! Four women in court-ordered anger management classes and their mature, creative and passionate therapist go on a journey of discovery. Anger doesn't protect, it isolates. Anger expressed well connects, allows for growth and change, makes possible seeing past one's own experiences and grows compassion for others' lives. The women - Leah, Kit, Jane, and Grace start out a little flat in their anger. Then Ms Radish lets these characters and their motivations, behaviors, humilia ...more
Notty
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. From the first page I was hooked. Have now emailed my book club to tell them that it is a 'must read'. Am now going to search out her other books!

I was amazed at how insightful this author was with anger......yes we've all had those moments that we're thankful there wasn't a knife or a gun around! Awesome, awesome book!
Kathy Guilbert
Feb 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012
I loved the first half of this book! But had to force myself to read the second half; too long and tedious. Also the changing point of views, often several times on one page, drove me nuts. Too bad as it had such potential.
Allison
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Did not enjoy this one. The writing and character development were so shallow. The scenes and dialogue seemed forced. The only reason I gave it more than one star was because the author did NOT end it with the perfect, predictable happy ending.
Sherri
Apr 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Would have given it a 4 if it weren't for all the dog musings...
Elizabeth Ann Powers
I will read more of her work. This book helped me make sense of a 30 year marriage that was both wonderful and horrible. At now 66, I am still working on getting it right and getting it better. This helped me feel that it is okay to still be working on what will work for me. and closure of a 30 year sad/happy marriage. Thank you for your honesty Kris.

I will read more of her work. This book helped me make sense of a 30 year marriage that was both wonderful and horrible. At now 66 I am still worki
S
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredibly touching.

Wonderfully empowering. Life changing. Made me take a hard look at my own life and the changes I need to make and the anger I need to face. Id give it 10 stars.
Becca
Sweet chick lit. Nice, enjoyable, ultimately uplifting read. Would read more by this author.
Allison Mclean
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dick R. McCart
Aug 09, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't finish this book.

This book starts well with engaging characters and a good story line. Then I got to the point where I wondered why I was reading it.
Linda Atkinson
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
loved it from beginning to end
Lori
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beth Arocha
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
great book!!
Jaymie
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story. Really connected with the characters and cared about what happened to them.
Martina Muller
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an unexpected delight - the journey off these women from anger to thoughtfulness and hope was realistically portrayed and a pleasure to follow...
Miranda
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love Kris and this book!! Could not put this one down!!
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
Reasons I love Kris Radish's newest novel TUESDAY NIGHT MIRACLES:

-The main character, Olivia, is a wonderful therapist, who thinks outside the box and makes miracles happen. (I am a social worker...I love the profession!)
-Olivia love Jameson whiskey...one of my favorite drinks!
-The novel addresses real stresses women face everyday and Radish does so quite magically.
-Radish touches the soul of women and writes so honesty that it causes the reader to become emotionally invested in the characters
Dixie Goode
Kris Radish is on my short list of Authors on whose books I will spend money without even reading the back cover. Her books always speak of the growth into fully confident, loving, independent adulthood. This book intrigued me because it has an adult, court ordered group of five women making up an anger management class. The anger management class I taught once was teenagers, and I had a lot less freedom to teach from the heart than Olivia does in this book, because she is retiring and moving to ...more
  • A Push and a Shove: A Novel
  • More Room in a Broken Heart: The True Adventures of Carly Simon
  • 150 Pounds: A Novel of Waists and Measures
  • The Flawless Skin of Ugly People
  • Now Is the Hour
  • London From My Windows
  • The Reeducation of Cherry Truong
  • The Hoarders (The Cousin Cycle, #1)
  • Stargazey Point
  • Madame Mirabou's School of Love
  • Wandering Son, Vol. 2
  • A Life of Bright Ideas
  • White Teacher
  • The Garden Angel
  • Wife-in-Law
  • The Very Picture of You
  • Vintage Ladybug Farm (Ladybug Farm #5)
  • Trouble the Water
Kris started writing the moment she could hold a pencil. She grew up in Wisconsin, graduated from the University of Wisconsin with a journalism degree and hit the ground running. Her father called her "the tornado". She worked as a newspaper reporter, bureau chief, nationally syndicated columnist, magazine writer, university lecturer, bartender, waitress, worm harvester, window washer....to name a ...more
More about Kris Radish...
“Worry can bring you down to nothing and make you doubt everything you know about yourself.” 6 likes
“thoughts control feelings and how being in control means that you can also always be in control of your anger and your happiness. Dr.” 0 likes