Start by marking “Making Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Work: Clinical Process for New Practitioners” as Want to Read:

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  51 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Used around the world by novice clinicians as well as experienced therapists new to cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), this bestselling book has been widely adopted as a text in clinical training programs. The authors provide a vivid picture of what it is actually like to do CBT and offer practical guidance for becoming a more skilled and confident clinician. Vignettes an ...more
ebook, Second Edition, 292 pages
Published March 17th 2011 by Guilford Publications (first published May 11th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Making Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Work

Jackie
Non-review personal anecdote for this book: I had a very good male friend, whose presence I enjoyed immensely and therefore treated with friendly abandon. He fell in love with me, and I didn't reciprocate, but I was the only one close enough to him to make sure he was okay.

I spoke with him about his feelings and even set him up on a few dates, but instead of helping him to move on, this only increased his emotional dependence on me. So instead of continuing to wear my therapist hat for him, whi
Katie
Oct 02, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
I still can't stand CBT, but since you have know and love it, this is an acceptable intro/review. Much more readable than anything else I've come across; heavier on practice than on theory, with an appendix that recommends treatment manuals for various disorders.

I really had no idea that CBT was so wedded to assessment by standardized questionnaire. I've certainly never seen that done.

Except for the case exammple, which was invented for the book instead of taken from life. It's an "ideal" or pur
Amy
Oct 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I would have stuck with Beck, but since I had to read it for class, I made the most of it. It is written well and easy to follow. I think Beck does a better job at practical application, but does covers theory well enough. It will stay on my shelf.
Jason
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent introduction to CBT, a continuing vignette takes the reader through assessment, diagnosis, case formulation and the entire therapeutic process.
Ali Feizi
Oct 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
به نظر می رسد کتاب رفتاردرمانی شناختی برای تازه کارها نوشته راث لدلی، مارکس و هیمبرگ از آن دسته کتابهایی است که بایستی چندین بار مطالعه شوند.
دکتر حسن حمیدپور