Start by marking “The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)” as Want to Read:
The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)

The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus #4)

4.54  ·  Rating Details ·  161,861 Ratings  ·  11,373 Reviews
Grca badge winner
At the conclusion of The Mark of Athena, Annabeth and Percy tumble into a pit leading straight to the Underworld. The other five demigods have to put aside their grief and follow Percy’s instructions to find the mortal side of the Doors of Death. If they can fight their way through the Gaea’s forces, and Percy and Annabeth can survive the House of Hades, then the Seven wil ...more
Published October 8th 2013 by Disney-Hyperion Books

To ask other readers questions about The House of Hades, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Belinda (TheBookBuddies)
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Iris Manning You definitely should, although I highly recommend starting with the Percy Jackson series, and continuing with this series. And read them in order!
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Elite by Kiera Cass
YA Novels of 2013
1,520 books — 10,952 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
2,506 books — 12,395 voters

More lists with this book...

Lara
The House of Hades? More like: House of Heartbreak or House of Character-development-every-page

Plot has a GIANT plot twist and the usual fights with reborn evils.

But the characters were undoubtly the best part of this book...

Leo (view spoiler):

Jason and Piper relationship development: nada. If I gave a shit, you'd be the first ones I'd give it to

Piper is a total BAMF! Charmspeak: check. Swordfighting: check.

Jason comes into
Sasha Alsberg
Another amazing novel by Rick Riordan! Cant wait to start the next novel and see how this all ends!
Sabrina
Nov 07, 2012 Sabrina marked it as to-read

But above all, I just want this book to come out! (or at least have any spoilers - I mean, I'm dying here!)

---------------------------------------------------------
That last book left me in a jumble of emotions and feels and thoughts. But I realized something worse. Since the House of Hades is the second to last book in the series, I predict there will be a big cliffhanger!

You think this is bad?

Just wait till we read this book! ... Yes, I acknowledge the fact that we have to wait to read this bo
Belle
Oct 03, 2012 Belle rated it it was amazing
House of Hades Review:
(Pre HoH release review near the bottom somwhere...)

EDIT: May, 2014
So... a confirmed Nico point of view for BoO... interesting...

Contains House of Hades spoilers
Ummm... so House of Hades was kind of epic. I'm just trying to figure out where to start here... how about IT WAS TOO FREAKING SHORT!

So, it was almost 600 pages. And it was awesome, but I can't help feel that it still could have been longer. As many Tartarus chapters as there were, they were all short. And Piper o
Aiashine
Okay, my full review atlast. My format of reviewing is just like i did in the previous book.

My heart flutters when im reading this one because its the fourth book and i will have to wait for the final book! :D I am so excited what will happen to this series.

Leo: He is so useful in this book! Hes so awesome. I ship him to Calypso by the way but i don't have faith much in this two, since Calypso is in her world.

Piper: Im glad she is moving to help her friends. She is just like a distractible char
Darlalala
Oct 12, 2011 Darlalala rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mythology, favorites

I've finished House of Hades!!!

First of, let me tell you that the dedication page is CRAZY! It's like Rick derives pleasure from seeing us in pain.

(view spoiler)

I mean seriously? Do you have to rub it in? Argggh!!!

Sigh. But let's face it. We still love Rick Riordan no matter how troll he is.

Anyway, on to the book.

Rick stepped up his game in the House of Hades. It wasn't all action, wherein there is one explosive thing then the scene shifts to another one.
In the HOH, there a
Melanie
Oct 03, 2012 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone. Just everyone
Recommended to Melanie by: The coolest person ever: me
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

So the air was acid. The water was misery. The ground was broken glass. Everything here was designed to hurt and kill.

I have never been a fan of including gifs. in my reviews however The House of Hades, calls for some exception. Not only have I been dying for a year to read this, but also because right now, I'm a mess of emotions and words. I mean, I was already crying when my mum snagged a copy for me while I was at school the second the bookstore opened. An
Elevetha

Oh, geez.

Oh, wow.

This. Me. Now.
Give it to me before I freak out.

Too late.

LOOK AT THAT COVER!!!!
William
Dec 28, 2012 William rated it it was amazing
FINAL REVIEW

HOLY HOUSE OF HADES. MY EMOTIONS. THE FEELS. I CAN'T.

That book was freaking amazing. The year wait was SO WORTH IT.

Behold the actual dedicated page: "To my wonderful readers: Sorry about that last cliff-hanger. Well, no not really. HAHAHAHA. But seriously, I love you guys."

After reading that dedication page, I just died a little from the awesomeness that is Rick Riordan. You are officially my favorite author, the author who not only is able to transform a wonderful world of mytho
Lyza
Post reading:
*Long sigh*
Review to come.

Edit:

I'm changing my mind about Frank's percentage.
I give him a 75% chance of survival.

But Lyza, you say, isn't Frank the most likely to die? His life depends on a stick! It was explicitly stated in SoN that he would die holding the stick in his hand, and it would be sooner rather then later. That implies that the stick is going to burn at some point in the series, right?

Exactly, my friends. Exactly.

Rick Riordan has drawn so much attention to this stick tha
Clau R.
“Bob says hello" AND I BROKE IN TEARS. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.
Oct 06, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
****SPOILER ALERTS!!***
DO NOT read unless you have read the House of Hades at least once!

--------------------------------------------------
Amazing is an understatement.
Even the Lightning Thief is not that great compared to this.
On a scale of 1-5 stars, it deserves a 20.

When a reader writes a Fan-fiction, he/she writes what they want to happen in the book. They may not think so, but they do. I mean, who would get a chance to change the future and change it for the worse? This book was like a Fan-
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Part of my "Huge Review Binge 2k15" (aka trying to catch up on reviews I haven't done in the past two years)

Date read: December 16th, 2013
Date reviewed: July 16th, 2015

----------

*WARNING* Probably contains spoilers for the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series and the other Heroes of Olympus books. And for this book. Sorry, not sorry.

(So it's been a super long time since I read this. Additionally, since then I've also read the 5th book in the series, and the two kind of get mixed up in my hea
Lauren G.
Oh. my. gosh. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Rick Riordan you are a cruel man! Why must we wait a whole year!!!!!! you no longer have to write the Kane Chronicles!!!!!! grrrrrrrrr....

Christine Riccio
Oct 11, 2013 Christine Riccio rated it it was amazing
Epic and wonderful just like all Rick's books. Just posted my full review/bootalk: http://youtu.be/lQvEcfsmCP4
Kristalia
Final rating: 6/5 stars

Love is no game! It is no flowery softness! It is hard work—a quest that never ends. It demands everything from you—especially the truth. Only then does it yield rewards.

This book is H.E.A.R.T.B.R.E.A.K.I.N.G. Like STOMP-ON-MY-HEART-IT-WILL-BE-LESS-PAINFUL-THAN-BREAKING-MY-HEART-INTO-PIECES. I didn't except Rick Riordan to raise his level of angsty situations to a whole different level. But he did it. And i loved it (oh my god i am a M).

STORY :

After that nasty cli
Bubbles
Oct 27, 2012 Bubbles rated it it was amazing
Arriana
I am literally crying right now.

WHY RICK WHY!?!?!
Just finished reading MoA for the 3rd time in as many days, and I can officially say I am sobbing with both joy and sadness. The book was amazing, and beautiful. But now it's time to start psyching myself out about the House of Hades, or HoH.

Predictions ( as of October 4, 2012)
1- Percy and Annabeth will live, but they will come out worse for wear. I'm not sure what will happen to them, but Nico's description of Tartarus really scared me. While P
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book on AMAZON
or buy this book on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIIPPING

I just finished reading this title. Full review to come. I FINISHED IT YAY!! FINALLY GET TO READ BLOOD OF OLYMPUS, WHICH I'VE OWNED FOR ALMOST A YEAR NOW WOWZERS.

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't too many flaws, and I had no trouble getting through it. (A 4 star ratin
Arianne
Oct 25, 2012 Arianne rated it really liked it
October 11, 2013: I finally finished this wonderful book!!!

HAPPY! :) :
-Probably some people are tired of it, but I enjoy the "fillers" or the adventures they go through that distract their quest. I guess they aren't really fillers but sometimes there were some that weren't really needed hahahaha
-Just like the other people, Nico's revelation was a huge thing for me. Because I love Nico and his everything, I kept on fangirling a few hours ago in school because... I was too excited!!
-Winner of
Marrie

description

You know that feeling when you just finish a book and you want to open it and read it all over again, just to experience it over? Times that by a billion and you might get a fraction of how I feel about House of Hades. Going into this book I had a lot of expectations, and I was pretty much a mixture of anxiety, fear, and excitement. I couldn't wait to start but I also didn't want to finish for fear of what might happen to the characters I loved so much. Needless to say, all of my expectations we
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 Kai rated it really liked it
“You cannot control your parentage, but you can choose your legacy”

As always, Rick Riordan doesn't disappoint. Action, fun, more action, gods and monsters, legends and heroes, love, revenge and friendship. That is basically The House of Hades.

All in all this was great. Sometimes I got a bit weary, the page count is quite big in this one. But then with such a big cast of characters, it's no surprise. It's actually really quite impressive how Riordan manages to give everybody a fair share of spotl
Shruti
Oct 03, 2012 Shruti rated it it was amazing
EDIT: 12/10/13

SO

I finished this in one night.
My brain feels deep-fried.
I do not trust myself to write a review in this condition.

So my review shall come up after a second reading.

BUT GUYS SERIOUSLY

RICK THE PLOT TWISTER I SWEAR GOD
EDIT: 6/18/13

READING THE SNEAK.
Holy Hades

Holy. Hades.

THEORIES COMING RIGHT UP!

EDIT: 5/31/13
WHAT. COVER. WHAT. O
Elesia
Apr 05, 2015 Elesia rated it it was amazing
Gaahhh, this book was so awesome!! Loved it! But holyyy craaappp I am SO nervous for Blood of Olympus!!
Juliana Zapata
Oct 27, 2014 Juliana Zapata rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Creo que de todos los libros de esta serie, este es el que mas me ha llegado al corazón por el lado del amor entre los personajes. Las aventuras, las batallas, la mitología, las risas, la tensión y las lagrimas; estuvieron presentes como en todos los libros de Rick.

Ya solo me falta un libro para terminar esta saga y tengo muchos sentimientos encontrados, no me quiero despedir de estos personajes, no me siento preparada para dejar de leer a Percy.

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2
Brooke Sapper
Mar 16, 2013 Brooke Sapper rated it it was amazing
Hold on- I'm going to rant.

Okay.

THE LAST BOOK HAD THE WORST POSSIBLE ENDING THAT I COULD'VE IMAGINED.
So he made it a little better by having Nico say that Percy was more powerful than Jason- Go Nico!- because I have some problems with Jason here. Once you've been reading the other series by Percy's point of view, it's reeeeally hard to sympathize with Jason.

"Geez Jason, you seem like a nice guy, but I've had a crush on Percy since I was eight."

We all know the feeling.

Anyways, the ending made m
Fatima  Havilliard
“Tell the sun and stars hello for me.”

My favorite in the series!!

The House of Hades start after the end of MoA, you know it was a really happy ending... -sarcasm- Percabeth is in the tartarus and the others are in the Argo ll flying to the House of Hades.

I really enjoy this book, we have the pov of all of the seven (And I say it again: I want a book narrated by Nico), the characters mature so much and I'm really proud of them, especially Frank.

As in all of Uncle Rick's books I was laughin
S.S.A
Apr 12, 2013 S.S.A rated it it was amazing
Edit:
2 WEEKS LEFT! REJOICE PEOPLE!

Pointless Edit: 24/07
76 days left and I don't know what to expect from House Of Hades and I also don't know how I can prepare myself for it! IF RICK DOES SOME DICK HEAD CLIFFHANGER I WILL FLY MY ASS OUT TO BOSTON AND THEN most likely cry and ask why must he hurt everyone?

WE HAVE A COVER! AND IT LOOKS AMAAZING

But whats even better is it has Percabeth on it!! Does this mean it'll have their POVs?

I NEED THIS BOOK !

But there's still months to go!

[image error]
Amber Robertson
IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE FIRST THREE BOOKS IN THE SERIES THERE ARE LIKELY SPOILERS - I WILL DO MY BEST TO MARK THEM BUT YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

“My friends, tell the sun and the stars hello for me.”

I'm still mad there was no prophecy for me to use as my beginning quote - but I hope you enjoy the next best thing I found.

House of Hades is the fourth book in the Heroes of Olympus series. The book is one that contains a point of view from each character of the infamous seven. It picks up basically instan
Pooja
Jul 03, 2016 Pooja rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
The series is getting more exciting one by one.

Good to know about the roman sides of Cupid, Big Bob and Small Bob were entertaining and and the same time they got my sympathy.

Percy and Annabeth's journey was more interesting than anything else.

I'm liking Annabeth more and more.

I can't wait to read Blood of Olympus.
About Nico being gay..... Was that necessary? 34 348 Feb 09, 2017 02:15PM
Am I the only one who hates Annabeth? 1157 967 Jan 31, 2017 10:01AM
Why do some people hate Annabeth? 51 100 Jan 30, 2017 02:55PM
NICO… YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT O.o 4874 3722 Jan 26, 2017 10:14AM
Nico in Tartarus vs Percy & Annabeth in Tartarus 8 98 Dec 30, 2016 10:52PM
  • United We Spy (Gallagher Girls, #6)
  • Island of Fire  (Unwanteds, #3)
  • Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5)
  • The Fire Chronicle (The Books of Beginning, #2)
  • Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)
  • The Pirate's Wish (The Assassin's Curse, #2)
  • The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
  • Dark Frost (Mythos Academy, #3)
  • Odin's Ravens (The Blackwell Pages, #2)
  • Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2)
  • Poseidon: Earth Shaker (Olympians, #5)
  • The Royal Ranger (Ranger's Apprentice, #12)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Search, #3)
  • The Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test, #2.5)
  • The Council of Mirrors (The Sisters Grimm, #9)
  • Rogue (Croak, #3)
  • The Runaway King (The Ascendance Trilogy, #2)
  • Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1)

More about Rick Riordan...

The Heroes of Olympus (5 books)
  • The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)
  • The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)
  • The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
  • The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)

To my wonderful readers:
Sorry about that last cliff-hanger.
Well, no, not really. HAHAHAHA.
But seriously, I love you guys.
1240 likes