Start by marking “The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)” as Want to Read:
The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)

The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus #4)

4.54 of 5 stars 4.54  ·  rating details  ·  109,165 ratings  ·  9,310 reviews
Grca badge winner
At the conclusion of The Mark of Athena, Annabeth and Percy tumble into a pit leading straight to the Underworld. The other five demigods have to put aside their grief and follow Percy’s instructions to find the mortal side of the Doors of Death. If they can fight their way through the Gaea’s forces, and Percy and Annabeth can survive the House of Hades, then the Seven wil ...more
Published October 8th 2013 by Disney-Hyperion Books

To ask other readers questions about The House of Hades, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Belinda (TheBookBuddies)
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Delena Isilee You definitely should, although I highly recommend starting with the Percy Jackson series, and continuing with this series. And read them in order!
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
8th out of 1,532 books — 10,692 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
6th out of 2,470 books — 12,481 voters

More lists with this book...

Lara
The House of Hades? More like: House of Heartbreak or House of Character-development-every-page

Plot has a GIANT plot twist and the usual fights with reborn evils.

But the characters were undoubtly the best part of this book...

Leo (view spoiler):

Jason and Piper relationship development: nada. If I gave a shit, you'd be the first ones I'd give it to

Piper is a total BAMF! Charmspeak: check. Swordfighting: check.

Jason comes into
Sabrina
Dec 04, 2013 Sabrina marked it as to-read

But above all, I just want this book to come out! (or at least have any spoilers - I mean, I'm dying here!)

---------------------------------------------------------
That last book left me in a jumble of emotions and feels and thoughts. But I realized something worse. Since the House of Hades is the second to last book in the series, I predict there will be a big cliffhanger!

You think this is bad?

Just wait till we read this book! ... Yes, I acknowledge the fact that we have to wait to read this bo
Belle
House of Hades Review:
(Pre HoH release review near the bottom somwhere...)

EDIT: May, 2014
So... a confirmed Nico point of view for BoO... interesting...

Contains House of Hades spoilers
Ummm... so House of Hades was kind of epic. I'm just trying to figure out where to start here... how about IT WAS TOO FREAKING SHORT!

So, it was almost 600 pages. And it was awesome, but I can't help feel that it still could have been longer. As many Tartarus chapters as there were, they were all short. And Piper o
Aiashine
Okay, my full review atlast. My format of reviewing is just like i did in the previous book.

My heart flutters when im reading this one because its the fourth book and i will have to wait for the final book! :D I am so excited what will happen to this series.

Leo: He is so useful in this book! Hes so awesome. I ship him to Calypso by the way but i don't have faith much in this two, since Calypso is in her world.

Piper: Im glad she is moving to help her friends. She is just like a distractible char
Darlalala

I've finished House of Hades!!!

First of, let me tell you that the dedication page is CRAZY! It's like Rick derives pleasure from seeing us in pain.

(view spoiler)

I mean seriously? Do you have to rub it in? Argggh!!!

Sigh. But let's face it. We still love Rick Riordan no matter how troll he is.

Anyway, on to the book.

Rick stepped up his game in the House of Hades. It wasn't all action, wherein there is one explosive thing then the scene shifts to another one.
In the HOH, there a
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

So the air was acid. The water was misery. The ground was broken glass. Everything here was designed to hurt and kill.

I have never been a fan of including gifs. in my reviews however The House of Hades, calls for some exception. Not only have I been dying for a year to read this, but also because right now, I'm a mess of emotions and words. I mean, I was already crying when my mum snagged a copy for me while I was at school the second the bookstore opened. An
William
FINAL REVIEW

HOLY HOUSE OF HADES. MY EMOTIONS. THE FEELS. I CAN'T.

That book was freaking amazing. The year wait was SO WORTH IT.

Behold the actual dedicated page: "To my wonderful readers: Sorry about that last cliff-hanger. Well, no not really. HAHAHAHA. But seriously, I love you guys."

After reading that dedication page, I just died a little from the awesomeness that is Rick Riordan. You are officially my favorite author, the author who not only is able to transform a wonderful world of mytho
Lyza
Post reading:
*Long sigh*
Review to come.

Edit:

I'm changing my mind about Frank's percentage.
I give him a 75% chance of survival.

But Lyza, you say, isn't Frank the most likely to die? His life depends on a stick! It was explicitly stated in SoN that he would die holding the stick in his hand, and it would be sooner rather then later. That implies that the stick is going to burn at some point in the series, right?

Exactly, my friends. Exactly.

Rick Riordan has drawn so much attention to this stick tha
****SPOILER ALERTS!!***
DO NOT read unless you have read the House of Hades at least once!

--------------------------------------------------
Amazing is an understatement.
Even the Lightning Thief is not that great compared to this.
On a scale of 1-5 stars, it deserves a 20.

When a reader writes a Fan-fiction, he/she writes what they want to happen in the book. They may not think so, but they do. I mean, who would get a chance to change the future and change it for the worse? This book was like a Fan-
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Part of my "Huge Review Binge 2k15" (aka trying to catch up on reviews I haven't done in the past two years)

Date read: December 16th, 2013
Date reviewed: July 16th, 2015

----------

*WARNING* Probably contains spoilers for the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series and the other Heroes of Olympus books. And for this book. Sorry, not sorry.

(So it's been a super long time since I read this. Additionally, since then I've also read the 5th book in the series, and the two kind of get mixed up in my hea
Libby G.
Oh. my. gosh. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Rick Riordan you are a cruel man! Why must we wait a whole year!!!!!! you no longer have to write the Kane Chronicles!!!!!! grrrrrrrrr....

Kristalia
FINAL RATING: /

Love is no game! It is no flowery softness! It is hard work—a quest that never ends. It demands everything from you—especially the truth. Only then does it yield rewards.

This book is H.E.A.R.T.B.R.E.A.K.I.N.G. Like STOMP-ON-MY-HEART-IT-WILL-BE-LESS-PAINFUL-THAN-BREAKING-MY-HEART-INTO-PIECES. I didn't except Rick Riordan to raise his level of angsty situations to a whole different level. But he did it. And i loved it (oh my god i am a M).

______________________________________
Bubbles
Arriana
I am literally crying right now.

WHY RICK WHY!?!?!
Just finished reading MoA for the 3rd time in as many days, and I can officially say I am sobbing with both joy and sadness. The book was amazing, and beautiful. But now it's time to start psyching myself out about the House of Hades, or HoH.

Predictions ( as of October 4, 2012)
1- Percy and Annabeth will live, but they will come out worse for wear. I'm not sure what will happen to them, but Nico's description of Tartarus really scared me. While P
Grace (LovingDemBooks)
Buy this book on AMAZON
or buy this book on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIIPPING

I just finished reading this title. Full review to come. I FINISHED IT YAY!! FINALLY GET TO READ BLOOD OF OLYMPUS, WHICH I'VE OWNED FOR ALMOST A YEAR NOW WOWZERS.

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't too many flaws, and I had no trouble getting through it. (A 4 star ratin
Arianne
October 11, 2013: I finally finished this wonderful book!!!

HAPPY! :) :
-Probably some people are tired of it, but I enjoy the "fillers" or the adventures they go through that distract their quest. I guess they aren't really fillers but sometimes there were some that weren't really needed hahahaha
-Just like the other people, Nico's revelation was a huge thing for me. Because I love Nico and his everything, I kept on fangirling a few hours ago in school because... I was too excited!!
-Winner of
Marrie *I Only Date Fictional Boys*
description

description

You know that feeling when you just finish a book and you want to open it and read it all over again, just to experience it over? Times that by a billion and you might get a fraction of how I feel about House of Hades. Going into this book I had a lot of expectations, and I was pretty much a mixture of anxiety, fear, and excitement. I couldn't wait to start but I also didn't want to finish for fear of what might happen to the characters I loved so much. Needless to say, all of my expectations we
Clau R.
“Bob says hello" AND I BROKE IN TEARS. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.
Shruti
EDIT: 12/10/13

SO

I finished this in one night.
My brain feels deep-fried.
I do not trust myself to write a review in this condition.

So my review shall come up after a second reading.

BUT GUYS SERIOUSLY

RICK THE PLOT TWISTER I SWEAR GOD
EDIT: 6/18/13

READING THE SNEAK.
Holy Hades

Holy. Hades.

THEORIES COMING RIGHT UP!

EDIT: 5/31/13
WHAT. COVER. WHAT. O
Christine Riccio
Epic and wonderful just like all Rick's books. Just posted my full review/bootalk: http://youtu.be/lQvEcfsmCP4
Elesia
Gaahhh, this book was so awesome!! Loved it! But holyyy craaappp I am SO nervous for Blood of Olympus!!
Brooke Sapper
Hold on- I'm going to rant.

Okay.

THE LAST BOOK HAD THE WORST POSSIBLE ENDING THAT I COULD'VE IMAGINED.
So he made it a little better by having Nico say that Percy was more powerful than Jason- Go Nico!- because I have some problems with Jason here. Once you've been reading the other series by Percy's point of view, it's reeeeally hard to sympathize with Jason.

"Geez Jason, you seem like a nice guy, but I've had a crush on Percy since I was eight."

We all know the feeling.

Anyways, the ending made m
Soha
Edit:
2 WEEKS LEFT! REJOICE PEOPLE!

Pointless Edit: 24/07
76 days left and I don't know what to expect from House Of Hades and I also don't know how I can prepare myself for it! IF RICK DOES SOME DICK HEAD CLIFFHANGER I WILL FLY MY ASS OUT TO BOSTON AND THEN most likely cry and ask why must he hurt everyone?

WE HAVE A COVER! AND IT LOOKS AMAAZING

But whats even better is it has Percabeth on it!! Does this mean it'll have their POVs?

I NEED THIS BOOK !

But there's still months to go!

Juliana Zapata
Creo que de todos los libros de esta serie, este es el que mas me ha llegado al corazón por el lado del amor entre los personajes. Las aventuras, las batallas, la mitología, las risas, la tensión y las lagrimas; estuvieron presentes como en todos los libros de Rick.

Ya solo me falta un libro para terminar esta saga y tengo muchos sentimientos encontrados, no me quiero despedir de estos personajes, no me siento preparada para dejar de leer a Percy.

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2
Ellie
EEEEEEK!!!!!! IT HAS A NAMEEEEE!!!!!!

Anyone else getting emotional about the fact that we're halfway through the series already?? And when House of Hades comes out, we'll only have ONE MORE BOOK in this series to look forward to? D': D': AND WHEN THE LAST ONE COMES OUT???? My life will be over! Well....at least Rick's going to write a Norse trilogy.

So a lot of people are saying that they think one of the Seven will die.....I can't say I really think that's going to happen, frankly. (No reference
Mith
BEST BOOK IN THIS SERIES!!!

YAYs -

1. Percabeth chapters : A bazillion stars just for the "Percy and Annabeth in Tartarus" chapters. Gut-wrenching and heart-warming, those chapters MADE this book. I am not a Percabeth shipper and I really like the two as individual characters, rather than a couple, but, thankfully, they don't spend too much time mooning over each other. Mostly. (view spoiler)
Dyanne
Oh. My. Gosh.

Is it possible?
Is it?
Is it really possible that after such a cliffhanger and the best story yet in The Mark of Athena, Rick Riordan could create an even BETTER book?

Apparently, yes.

"Accidentally" stealing the book from a friend who was not yet finished, I inhaled it all in one night, finishing it at 1:39 a.m. Good job, Dyanne!

This book has it all. Humor. Action. Interesting chemistry between characters.
And there's more.
Riordan has developed his writing style so his books are not ju
Rachel
Nov 02, 2012 Rachel marked it as to-read
Shelves: greek-mythology
***WARNING! If you haven't read The Mark of Athena, THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!***** So this is what is running through my head after finishing Mark of Athena...

Will Hazel curse get washed away in the House of Hades? Which descendent of Neptune will wash away Hazel's curse?
1) Percy
2) Frank
3) Arion
4) Tyson
The wording "wash away" makes me think it will be Percy since he has power over water. But Riordan could throw a curve ball and have it be Arion, Frank or Tyson.

Is there more to come of the Amazo
Bobbie
Apr 05, 2013 Bobbie marked it as to-read
Shelves: i-need-it
Never mind....it's fan art...but still...May can't come soon enough. I need to see the cover.....

------

photo myemotions_zpsc34ab30d.gif

HOLY CRAP. IT HAS A COVER. PEOPLE THIS IS HAPPENING. IT HAS A COVER!

photo clary_zps07b94b2b.gif

I just really need Nico in this book. I will be SO happy if he has a point of view.

------

WHAT? OCTOBER!

GAH. I need this NOW. My heart is in a million shattered pieces.

Am I the only one who hates Annabeth? 949 791 Aug 29, 2015 04:15AM
RICK RIORDAN ABOUT NICO IN HOH. (SPOILERS) 158 726 Aug 29, 2015 02:55AM
NICO… YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT O.o 5097 3472 Aug 27, 2015 09:39PM
Your Favorite Couple? 7 35 Aug 26, 2015 04:29PM
Jason, Percy or Nico 109 223 Aug 23, 2015 07:53PM
What do you like most about a book? 6 24 Aug 23, 2015 03:36PM
Why do some people hate Annabeth? 50 77 Aug 07, 2015 08:43AM
  • United We Spy (Gallagher Girls, #6)
  • Sweet Legacy (Medusa Girls, #3)
  • The Fire Chronicle (The Books of Beginning, #2)
  • The Royal Ranger (Ranger's Apprentice, #12)
  • Secret Histories (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #4-6)
  • The Runaway King (The Ascendance Trilogy, #2)
  • Froi of the Exiles (Lumatere Chronicles, #2)
  • Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 3  (The Search, #3)
  • Lost in Babylon (Seven Wonders, #2)
  • Island of Fire  (Unwanteds, #3)
  • The Council of Mirrors (The Sisters Grimm, #9)
  • The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)
  • Wednesdays in the Tower (Castle Glower #2)
  • The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
  • The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl, #8)
  • Zero Hour (H.I.V.E, #6)
  • The Legend of the King (The Squire's Tales, #10)

More about Rick Riordan...

The Heroes of Olympus (5 books)
  • The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)
  • The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)
  • The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
  • The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)

To my wonderful readers:
Sorry about that last cliff-hanger.
Well, no, not really. HAHAHAHA.
But seriously, I love you guys.
1043 likes