Start by marking “Artist Ted” as Want to Read:
Artist Ted

Artist Ted (Ted)

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  152 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Ted paints his way into trouble—and a new friendship—in this comic adventure.

One morning, Ted realizes that his room needs a little pizzazz—and for that he needs an artist. Of course, when Ted can’t find an artist, he becomes one! Ted uses his homemade brush and paints to create a portrait of his mom and spruce up the school hallways…until he accidentally hurts the new stu
Published February 7th 2012 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

To ask other readers questions about Artist Ted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Artist Ted

Jon(athan) Nakapalau
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ted discovers he has artistic talent...but will anyone else agree? Great book that teaches young children that art has a place in their life.
Melanee
Jul 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
My daughter, self-proclaimed artiste herself, could really relate to Ted! She's asked if we could buy the others in the series and that's great cause she's my non-reader of the family =)
Apr 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
These books are too cute. Doctor Ted is also adorable. Looks like the next one will be Detective Ted!
Ms Threlkeld
Ted identifies lots of ways to be an artist, but is clueless when it comes to identifying other people's emotions.
Taryn
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, storybook
I love children's books that use the pictures to help tell the story. Instead of simply illustrating what the text says, these books use the pictures to add to the words. Artist Ted does this do well. It was a fun surprise. And it made us all laugh.
Donna Mork
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute story about being an artist, making friends, and including new friends on projects. Funny too.
Grace Morton
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought that it was really cool that Ted used mustard for yellow, chocolate for brown, ketchup for red, toothpaste for blue and blueberry jam for purple. I also liked that he made things that are white colorful and it looked like he used his imagination. Good job teddy!
Ariel Cummins
Mar 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Funny little story about Ted making himself in to an artist. When he can't find a brush, or paint, or a canvas, he makes them! But then he makes trouble -- accidentally, of course! But his art helps him make a new friend in the end.

The combination of brush and ink and digital coloring makes this book have a very cartoon-y look. The illustrations are nice, and the faces of the adults as they react to Ted's artwork are especially expressive and funny.

Great to read aloud with beginning readers or e
Kristen
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids-books
This book was ok. I enjoyed that Ted was actually getting in to trouble each time he painted on something, and yet he was completely oblivious. But at the end of the book, he helps welcome a new student to class.

My daughter just wasn't very engaged by this book. The illustrations didn't really capture her attention and the story she seemed a little bored with. She might like some of the other books in this series better than this one.
Scottsdale Public Library
Wildly imaginative impressions bring misinterpretations and creatively drawn resolutions as Ted, the self-made artist, learns a lesson about feelings and friendship.

- Monty K.

Check it out!

Scottsdale Public Library
Deatrice
Jun 03, 2014 rated it liked it
I was a little confused with this book. There are two places where the bears painting behavior was frowned upon but rather than the affected characters saying they were "Not" impressed by it, they said they were impressed and dismissed the bear to his next set. It leaves a mixed message of: Is this painting of the walls accepted or is his behavior naughty?
Jodie
Ted decides to become an artist when he needed one and couldn't find one. He creates trouble with his art, but in the end manages to save the day. Young readers will enjoy the silliness of the story.
Arlene Allen
May 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Cute book about a very imaginative bear, who makes his own brushes and "paint" and expresses himself everywhere. The mom's pretty laid back about letting him paint on the walls. It is also a story abut reaching out to make new friends, and how things like art can bring us together.
Carrie
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Every artist needs an imagination!
Yapha
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another fun day in the life of Ted. His interpretations of the grown-ups are the best!
Maddie Jaques
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Adorable look at the all the ways one can be an Artist! Loved it!
Jennifer Rummel
Mar 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cute and with great illustrations.
Carrie Holder
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book made my child and I laugh and laugh.
Tanya
Feb 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another Ted book!! Fun as usual:)
Sandra Magura
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
My 5 year old loved Artist Ted. He was very funny with his ketchup.
Angelina Almaguer
Jan 24, 2017
E.A.
May 16, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I was raised in a big family in a tiny town in southern Illinois. Our small house was jammed with 6 kids, 2 adults, a variable number of cats, 1 dog and thousands of books. It was great. Since I grew up in the 60's and 70's, I didn't have the internet or cable TV to keep me amused, but I had something much better--my siblings. We spent our days watching bad TV (B-movies, Gilligan's Island, the Bra ...more
More about Andrea Beaty...

Ted (3 books)